Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is this not Archwing 2.0? and Why wouldn't it suffer the same fate?

AperoBeltaTwo

15 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

And yes, this was "live gameplay", but scripted.

Arguably all missions are scripted.  Go here, do the thing, head to extraction, shoot things in between.  Point ship toward objective, disable arbitrary barriers, fly in, blow thing up, head to extraction, shoot things in between.  For that matter, it's completely expected that a demonstration would be set up such that it shows off all aspects they want shown off, I don't know why anyone would expect otherwise.

It's not a relevant or useful observation to make.

At this point, we have next to zero information.  There are a thousand questions we want to see answered, but the answers are all either not yet remotely relevant, entirely unknown even to the dev team, or insultingly obvious.  We can let our concerns be heard, but acting like everything is already said and done is just embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Yeah, exactly, how is Railjack (God, this name) is any different from Jordas Verdict? For all I've seen, it's Jordas Verdict with a fresh coat of paint. How is it any different from Raids they specifically removed from the game just a few months ago?

If that's how you feel, then there isn't anything more to say, because that's clearly not relevant.  You don't care what it is, what they show, or what it may become.  You just want to be angry.  Good day.

Edited by Vox_Preliator

3 minutes ago, FireSegment said:

the sharkwing thing, that's because you don't have any shore or bank in the game that would feel good from jumping off

the Kuva fortress one, DE literally abandon the concept, they stop iterating on it as soon as they realize nobody are at kuva fortress

it's just an element and the execution what could bring both dread and joy or boredom to us the player. 

I would say that this time. if the Railjack combat feel unique enough from the AW. I would say DE have the greatest chance of nailing it right compare to all the previous attempts

Dude, It's Jordas Verdict. What "unique"-ness are you talking about? All the elements shown in the demo are familiar gameplay mechanics combined in a flashy-looking script. You've seen it all.

If railjack is supposed to be a future cornerstone of Warframe it will need integration into the game. Massive developer ressources.

Imho, they should have chosen between Venus and railjack not trying to bring both. 

Archwing, focus, helminth, damage 2.0, raids, rivens, conclave....

Edited by Sahansral

Just now, Sahansral said:

If railjack is supposed to be a future cornerstone of Warframe it will need integration into the game. Massive developer ressources.

Imho, they should have chosen between Venus and railjack not trying to bring both. 

Archwing, focus, helminth, damage 2.0, rivens, conclave....

exactly.

I can see Railjack being problematic in teams with little communication, but I think it'll be more interesting than Archwing in part because there's more variety to the task at hand. It gives an opportunity to try different roles, whether it's ship defense or boarding party, and multiple 'modes' of control are present (Ship pilot, Archwing, and standard run & gun). 

1 minute ago, BlairVD said:

I can see Railjack being problematic in teams with little communication, but I think it'll be more interesting than Archwing in part because there's more variety to the task at hand. It gives an opportunity to try different roles, whether it's ship defense or boarding party, and multiple 'modes' of control are present (Ship pilot, Archwing, and standard run & gun). 

it's just raids 1.5. Exact same thing all over, with barely any change

If you're so adamant in dissing out everything that is being thrown into the game, why not go there and work yourself to change things? Honestly, constructive criticism or not, just wait until the actual thing gets launched and stop being so negative, it's just criticising for the sake of criticising at this point. I haven't seen a game going to these extremes in adding completely new stuff to their game in like, forever, DE experiments and takes risks so sometimes they will fail such as the low popularity from Lunaro (because MuH ReWarDs) and Archwing (which i like), like anything in life one must take risks to see results.

2 hours ago, Corvid said:

Archwings will still be usable on Venus. The boards are an addition, not a replacement.

And you know that for a certainty...how? The Fortuna footage we've seen shows no footage of AW in use whatsoever and only showed the hoverboards in use. Mind you, they're obviously showing off a new system, but for all we know, they could have left out AW entirely from "ground missions" outside of Fortuna....and I really wouldn't find that surprising.

3 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

But when you really think about it, there's no way this is gonna be anything but one-two extremely scripted missions on specified nodes; that without an adequate reward loop will, like most every other feature in the game, be completely abandoned past the few initial grinding sessions.

Jeez, when was the last time you actually had fun with this game?

41 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

The devs didn't say when either gamemode would be ready to ship. I imagine we'll see one first, then the other.

That, or a lack of content for a while before we get one giant dump of it.

4 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

And you know that for a certainty...how? The Fortuna footage we've seen shows no footage of AW in use whatsoever and only showed the hoverboards in use. Mind you, they're obviously showing off a new system, but for all we know, they could have left out AW entirely from "ground missions" outside of Fortuna....and I really wouldn't find that surprising.

I have a strong feeling that AW usage might not be allowed on Fortuna.  Which would suck.  I say this because the Devs might not want us to use attack helicopter tactics like we've been able to use on PoE.  Which was something Steve or Scott said they didn't want.  

47 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

There's plenty of information and in-game references to be able to predict what's gonna come out of this railjack thing.

Not really.

All of the numbers are unknown.

I mean, if you decide now based on limited and faulty information that it'll definitely suck and that you will never play it, then sure whatever you do you, but trying to pass that off as gospel is just laughable.

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

I say this because the Devs might not want us to use attack helicopter tactics like we've been able to use on PoE.  Which was something Steve or Scott said they didn't want.  

...and this is exactly why I firmly believe that AW has been left out.

Unless the devs show us footage of AW in action outside of Fortuna, I'm seriously inclined to believe that the hoverboards will be the sole means of fast transit. 

Which sucks because 1. attack helicopters are cool and 2. I doubt you'll be able to shoot from those hoverboards.

vor 57 Minuten schrieb Vox_Preliator:

Arguably all missions are scripted.  Go here, do the thing, head to extraction, shoot things in between.  Point ship toward objective, disable arbitrary barriers, fly in, blow thing up, head to extraction, shoot things in between.  For that matter, it's completely expected that a demonstration would be set up such that it shows off all aspects they want shown off, I don't know why anyone would expect otherwise.

It's not a relevant or useful observation to make.

At this point, we have next to zero information.  There are a thousand questions we want to see answered, but the answers are all either not yet remotely relevant, entirely unknown even to the dev team, or insultingly obvious.  We can let our concerns be heard, but acting like everything is already said and done is just embarrassing.

If that's how you feel, then there isn't anything more to say, because that's clearly not relevant.  You don't care what it is, what they show, or what it may become.  You just want to be angry.  Good day.

I answered this to another person earlier here:

"Btw dont freak out yet because i said the word Raid, this might be closer to Jordas-Raid then you think. In that raid you were also switching between AW and "on the ground" gameplay, and you had a boss you had to destroy while some where inside of the Golem doing the riddles while others are fighting outside and doing the spore thing. Railjack seems to have the same concept, some go in and do stuff there, others stay on the ship and do other things."

I wouldn't say its an exact copy, but i mean, cant you see the similiarities? (btw i am not saying that its a bad thing)

With scripted i mean that they had a certain script on how to play this mission, what to do there and at what pacing. Im sure those were lowlvl enemies and that they players themselves couldnt even die while presenting this mission. And btw, im aware that every company does that and i do not blame the DE for that, ofc it would be boring to watch if they would ignore all the spaceships because they cant harm them (or us when it will be lollvl in the final game) run through with Ember WoF to nuke those enemies and do the missions in 2 minutes.

I just think that some people dont understand that and dont see the possibility that this might play like a regular Sabotage Mission or maybe the Assault mission we got on the KuvaFortress. Imo this can be either a great gamemode with Raid-like elements implemented in a new fun way, or just a boring, flashy looking sabotage mission.

31 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Dev interview on PC Gamer. I'd provide a link but I don't have one. It should be fairly recent.

I think it would be obvious that they would show off the new stuff instead of retreading old ground.

45 minutes ago, lNogardl said:

If you're so adamant in dissing out everything that is being thrown into the game, why not go there and work yourself to change things? Honestly, constructive criticism or not, just wait until the actual thing gets launched and stop being so negative, it's just criticising for the sake of criticising at this point. I haven't seen a game going to these extremes in adding completely new stuff to their game in like, forever, DE experiments and takes risks so sometimes they will fail such as the low popularity from Lunaro (because MuH ReWarDs) and Archwing (which i like), like anything in life one must take risks to see results.

This again. I don't need to be a *insert service profession* to know if I don't like *insert service* quality; and to understand why I don't like it. This is common sense. Jesus.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

3 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Railjack looks cool. Ok, I've said it. Archwing sounded cool on paper as well. But when you really think about it, there's no way this is gonna be anything but one-two extremely scripted missions on specified nodes; that without an adequate reward loop will, like most every other feature in the game, be completely abandoned past the few initial grinding sessions. This is nothing different from what we've seen so far, except more promise, more flashy visuals, more future dissapointment. There's no way railjack will be seamless and on demand, like an actual transport in an actual open world would be. Meaning the whole shabang will be locked on some empty local cube map, like 'that archwing interception on Uranus'; and nothing else. We've seen all this happen before, why would this time be any different? 

Just have to be a negative nelly? How bout, lets wait and see.

Just now, AperoBeltaTwo said:

This again. I don't need to be a *insert service profession* to know if I don't like *insert service* quality; and to understand why I don't like it. This is common sense. Jesus.

And on another note, if you do not like "insert service" and do not believe it will improve, there is no reason to keep coming to the forums of "insert service".

7 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Dev interview on PC Gamer. I'd provide a link but I don't have one. It should be fairly recent.

DE say a lot of things. Last time I heard Scott talk on record, he said they removed a slot machine mechanic from the game, cause people were using it too much, and they were worried for them.
 Even though said slot machine mechanic is still in the game, just in a different form; and they added rivens to the game since.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

Just now, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

You haven't played it... Noone has. Its in development.

I've played Warframe enough to know what to expect; I have a brain and a pair of eyes to see and be able to analyze what is shown to me. This is also common sense. Jesus.

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

And on another note, if you do not like "insert service" and do not believe it will improve, there is no reason to keep coming to the forums of "insert service".

I'm addicted, and I used to love the game. You're wasting your breath. If I could leave, I would have done it long ago. What you're basically saying is "leave if you don't like *insert whatever*". But that's like saying "KYS if you're not satisfied with your life". GJ, btw.