Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda

Wataterp

Why does everyone think that everything about Garuda is the same about Valkyr. Seriously, Valkyr is a warframe full of rage, and Garuda is A GODDAMN BIRD. Garuda is a Legendary Bird in most of the mythologies in the South East Asian countries. SHE'S A BIRD!!! THOSE "CLAWS" ON HER WRIST ARE WINGS!!!

16 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Its because their theme's are similar. Garuda is just a codename. Her theme will be "gore" which is similar in result to valkyr's battle rage. 

I could be wrong but pretty sure Garuda is it's release name and we never got a codename. Garuda sounds more like an actual warframe name and not an internal codename like "vlad"

6 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

I've never seen a bird killing its preys with its sharpened wings which are somehow attached to its forearm

That doesn't seem practical.

Also, I've never seen a bird that has sharpened wings that have sword feathers, just saying. Bringing real life into this is plain silly, considering that RL Birds do not have swords for feathers or the physical strength to lift a grown man. How does your argument even factor into this?

Also, when was Warframe ever practical? Look at all the extra ornamentation. Syandanas are impractical especially if someone steps on them. The gilded bits on the Boltor Prime are all form over function. Harrow's robes would get in his way of fast moving. Nekros Prime's two wing things are simply extra parts to snag, no to mention his fingers. Warframe has always been form over function. So practicality is not even on the table at this point.

1 hour ago, AXCrusnik said:

I could be wrong but pretty sure Garuda is it's release name and we never got a codename. Garuda sounds more like an actual warframe name and not an internal codename like "vlad"

Garuda is a codename. As much as Revenant is also a codename at this point (yes, Vlad is called that now).

Whether DE will be unimaginative enough to make it the actual name is another story.

7 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Bringing real life into this is plain silly, considering that RL Birds do not have swords for feathers or the physical strength to lift a grown man. How does your argument even factor into this?

You're the kind of guy justifying every Sci-Fi movie flow by "it's fiction duh" ?

Calling these 2 sets of claws "wings" is... wtf. Zephyr is flying because she's actually light, she's not really flying as a bird flapping his wings. Do you really imagine Garuda flapping her forearms to fly or what ?

Her claws are clearly claws. They're sharpened, they're not on her back or shoulders but on her forearms, but above all, THERE IS LITERALLY A CONCEPT ART WITH A POOR DUDE IMPALED UPON THESE CLAWS.

Edited by Chewarette

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

You're the kind of guy justifying every Sci-Fi movie flow by "it's fiction duh" ?

It is fiction. You and I know better that it is not fact. Science Fiction is well ... fiction, duh. It's even in the name. It was never meant to be realistic/real.

If it was fact it wouldn't be called Sci-Fi, would it?

2 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Calling these 2 sets of claws "wings" is... wtf. Zephyr is flying because she's actually light, she's not really flying as a bird flapping his wings. Do you really imagine Garuda flapping her forearms to fly or what ?

Her claws are clearly claws. They're sharpened, they're not on her back or shoulders but on her forearms, but above all, THERE IS LITERALLY A CONCEPT ART WITH A POOR DUDE IMPALED UPON THESE CLAWS.

I don't see airplanes flapping their "wings" to fly, you know? Ostriches also have wings, and they certainly don't fly or flap them to gain lift. You seem to have a very narrow and incorrect definition of what is technically a "wing", either as a structural construct to achieve lift and powered flight, or an appendage on a bird/bat.

All I see these blades are fancy "weapons". I wouldn't even call them claws, because that seems to imply a connection with the digits at their tips, like nails, which is obviously not the case for this new warframe. These are not claws, period. They do not extend from the fingertips/toe tips.

Wristblade weapons are probably more legitimate, although the positioning is similar to Zephyr Prime's "ornamental feathers", which is why they can be considered sort of like "wings", in that they are bladed feathers attached to the forearm (which is what a bird's wing is, really, feathers attached to their frontal limbs). Ornamental, with some usage.

4 hours ago, Wataterp said:

Why does everyone think that everything about Garuda is the same about Valkyr. Seriously, Valkyr is a warframe full of rage, and Garuda is A GODDAMN BIRD. Garuda is a Legendary Bird in most of the mythologies in the South East Asian countries. SHE'S A BIRD!!! THOSE "CLAWS" ON HER WRIST ARE WINGS!!!

You mean Zephyr?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Wataterp:

Bird? More like velociraptor.

latest?cb=20150810095855&path-prefix=de

At least that's what rumors say.

4 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I've never seen a bird killing its preys with its sharpened wings which are somehow attached to its forearm

That doesn't seem practical.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "garuda warframe"

The South East Asian mythologies depict garuda having sharp wings....

Also, being a bird doesn't mean she has to fly....

4 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Do you really imagine Garuda flapping her forearms to fly or what ?

Being a bird doesn't mean she has to fly, Garuda in the mythologies is depicted to kill the the village people with her SHARP WINGS and talons.

4 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

It is fiction. You and I know better that it is not fact. Science Fiction is well ... fiction, duh. It's even in the name. It was never meant to be realistic/real.

If it was fact it wouldn't be called Sci-Fi, would it?

I don't see airplanes flapping their "wings" to fly, you know? Ostriches also have wings, and they certainly don't fly or flap them to gain lift. You seem to have a very narrow and incorrect definition of what is technically a "wing", either as a structural construct to achieve lift and powered flight, or an appendage on a bird/bat.

All I see these blades are fancy "weapons". I wouldn't even call them claws, because that seems to imply a connection with the digits at their tips, like nails, which is obviously not the case for this new warframe. These are not claws, period. They do not extend from the fingertips/toe tips.

Wristblade weapons are probably more legitimate, although the positioning is similar to Zephyr Prime's "ornamental feathers", which is why they can be considered sort of like "wings", in that they are bladed feathers attached to the forearm (which is what a bird's wing is, really, feathers attached to their frontal limbs). Ornamental, with some usage.

OH MY GOD THANK YOU FOR YOUR AMAZING EXPLANATION!!!

7 hours ago, Wataterp said:

Kind of wondering why it bothers you? It's literally ALL speculation until DE comes out and confirms anything lol. While I'd venture a guess her arms probably function more like claws than sharpened wings given they said she's gore focused, I could be wrong. As for the comparision, the model itself shares some qualities that Valkyr has. The helmet, her forarm attachments, to name a couple. 

All that being said, again why does it bother you? Take a break, calm down, and come back refreshed and excited for the new frames.

Here is my idea slash theory on upcoming gore themed warframe - Garuda.

Passive: Have exalted-style arm-wings weapon, which deals damage when Garuda bullet-jumps through enemies.

1 - Execution: Cost - 25 energy.
Garudo teleports onto targeted enemy in range and unleashes flury of blows, striking once per enemy in line of sight (max 9) with her arm-wings. Sucessful kills leave a lot of body parts. Overkills heal Garudo by 10% of overkill damage.

Visually it looks similar to Ash bladestorm, with Garudo teleporting to target and slashing through him in multiple directions. After execution Garuda returns to her original position.

2 - Flesh garden: Cost 50 energy, range 20m, duration 15sec.
Turns all corpses (and corpse parts) in 20m range into stationary wailing and shrieking decoys (very gore looking) for 15sec, drawing enemy fire. When killed, flesh decoys explode in meaty gore, stunning and dealing damage to enemies. Also each destroyed decoy increases Garudo's max health by 20% (up to +1000% max).
Additional max health decays by 1% per second.

3 - Skin Walker: Cost 50% of Max health + 1% of max health per second.
If Garuda's health is reduced to 0 while Flesh Walker is active, she respawns with 10% of health from a closest available corpse (or flesh decoy) in affinity range, exploding all corpses (decoys) around. Each consumed corpse gives +30% arm-wings damage boost for 10 seconds. Upon respawn Garudo is invulnurable for 5 seconds.
If closest corpse is stuck or somewhere unavailable Garuda respawns on spot.

Visuall effect - outer layer of Garuda armor dissolves, revealing muscles'n'bones underneath. On respawn she jumps out of ground/corpse in fountain of gore, blood and stuff covering her and dripping on ground for duration of damage buff.

4 - Echoing Pain: Cost 100 energy, range 30m, duration 10sec.
Single target ability, paralizes target for 10 sec. All damage dealt to the target is applied as Slash damage (with 100% status chance) in chain to all enemies in 30m range, gradually diminishing by 10% per jump (90%, 81%, 73%, etc) from closest to farthest.
To prevent huge number of projectiles in case of high firerate weapons chained damage is stored and applied once per second (or on target's death).

Visually it might look like a blood wave (similar to Excalibur energy wave) projectile chaining between targets.

Overall idea is the frame focused on being in thick of it and capitalizing on mutilating enemies. Not exactly melee frame Garudo is able to deal immense damage with her 'flying blender' style, shredding enemies just by jumping through them. As battlefield is getting covered with more and more corpses Garudo gets more powerful. Even if you manage to kill her she will return stronger than ever.
Her ultimate ability allows to turn an enemy into inversed Well of Life. This opens lots of combos for killing high number of enemies with slow hard hitting guns and abilities.

On 2018-07-16 at 12:36 AM, Datam4ss said:

Garuda is a codename. As much as Revenant is also a codename at this point (yes, Vlad is called that now).

Whether DE will be unimaginative enough to make it the actual name is another story.

I know vlads new name. I was under the impression that was his actual name since he already was "codenamed," even if unofficially, vlad. Guess he's just special enough for 2. Personally I don't think their all that unimaginative and fight the frames decently. I mean... are they really so lacking in creativity compared to names like "Sarin" which they only changed because of controversies over recent sarin gas attacks? Or "Gara" which is just a shortening of "Garasu" which is how you pronounce "glass" in japanese?

On 2018-07-16 at 1:53 AM, Wataterp said:

Why does everyone think that everything about Garuda is the same about Valkyr. Seriously, Valkyr is a warframe full of rage, and Garuda is A GODDAMN BIRD. 

Mmmmm, well..... DE directly compared Garuda to Valkyr during Tennolive, so excuse the rest of us fro doing the same.

And BIG nope right there, you can't refer to Valkyr as a warframe and then refer to Garuda as an animal, they are both frames, as such take the codename with a grain of salt.