Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How big was the Zariman Ten Zero?

Echelon730

So lets do something silly.

(POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

So we know the tenno were children from the Zariman Ten Zero. So how big was the Zariman Ten Zero?
Currently on steam there are roughly 92,000 players online right now.

Taking that 92k in to consideration we can then compare it to a current ships with large crews. The US Nimitz class aircraft carrier has roughly 6,000 people working on it when it set sail. A Nimitz class carrier is 317m long and 50m wide. 

Using S#&$ty math the minimum size of the Zariman ten zero would have to be  4850m long and 750m wide, just for PC. If we assume consoles on part with PC, then the Zariman Ten Zero would be an amazing 14,550m Long, and 2,250m Wide (32,727.5 kilometers squared).

The US State of New Jersey is 22592.47 (km squared)

So apparently it was bigger than some states and countries. 

Thanks for reading my silly post with crappy math

• Like 1

We do know what it looked like roughly from that comic that was released on the Harrow hype site thing. The ship looks like the one in the og dark sector 2005 e3 concept stuff might be around the same size as that.

image.jpg

Edited by TermiteFrame

Very.

VERY.

It's a colony ship, by the Orokin. And we know they built space stations that were Kilometres long, at least. I mean, we usually cover around a Kilometre or so in a mission, and there are plenty of locked doors, so these things are almost certainly several km long, and at least a few wide and tall (given that they're horizontal towers, at least according to ask-a-cephalon). By comparison, the ISS, when complete, will be 100 metres long, and that's the biggest space station we've ever made. And since the Orokin want to colonise, they'll be making this thing so it can fit as many people as possible (for good, low-fuss genetic mixing) as well as support them and give them a head start. And then there's all the food stocks and food production areas, along with life support, engines, power, building materials for homes and other buildings.

So the population of a small city is really not pushing it too much. Honestly, even a large one, if we consider there might be a colony per planet, and there's probably several in Tau.

34 minutes ago, Xirka said:

You are thinking in two dimensions.... we need to factor In the third dimension, its size on the 3rd axis could greatly impact how many kids we can shove in there 

You're forgetting the 4th dimension.  This was an Orokin ship, after all. It was likely built along the principles of impossible space, just like the Orbiter. 

Well for one thing, one could argue that the player base isn't an actual representation of the lore, the game is full of multiplayer gameplay dissonance.

But if you did use the player base as a reference, you'd actually need to at least triple if not quadruple that 92,000 as it only accounts for the kids and not the adults (not all kids would have two parents, but there would also be extended family, and of course childless people).

@TermiteFrame Incidentally if you watch their original Dark Sector promo you'll see something familiar 😄

I am still going with the concept that the military report there were no children on the ship as being the truth. No kids means the colonist can focus on getting things up and running from what the Sentients had started and then can start with children a couple years (yeah right ...human nature says months) to start making babies. 

If there were no kids, then the ship would probably be even bigger to carry more supplies for colony creation. No kids on shipping would then have to wonder where the kids came from...and would explain how none of them age or die (the ghost in the Lua maps floating around, I presumed we're what happens when a Tenno dies). Seeing that they had power, the Orokin would set out to then use these for some gain for the empire instead of destroying them...if they even knew how at the time. 

All depends on if there were kids on launch or the ship really had no kids....

23 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Well for one thing, one could argue that the player base isn't an actual representation of the lore, the game is full of multiplayer gameplay dissonance.

But if you did use the player base as a reference, you'd actually need to at least triple if not quadruple that 92,000 as it only accounts for the kids and not the adults (not all kids would have two parents, but there would also be extended family, and of course childless people).

@TermiteFrame Incidentally if you watch their original Dark Sector promo you'll see something familiar 😄

Hide contents

I know.

Thats why I brought it up.

1 hour ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

I am still going with the concept that the military report there were no children on the ship as being the truth. No kids means the colonist can focus on getting things up and running from what the Sentients had started and then can start with children a couple years (yeah right ...human nature says months) to start making babies. 

If there were no kids, then the ship would probably be even bigger to carry more supplies for colony creation. No kids on shipping would then have to wonder where the kids came from...and would explain how none of them age or die (the ghost in the Lua maps floating around, I presumed we're what happens when a Tenno dies). Seeing that they had power, the Orokin would set out to then use these for some gain for the empire instead of destroying them...if they even knew how at the time. 

All depends on if there were kids on launch or the ship really had no kids....

What are you talking about? We, the tenno, are the kids that were on the ten-zero. It's well established that kids weren't suppose to be on the ship, but the colonists ignored that and brought them anyways and the Orokin looked the other way.  

• Like 2

joke answer: its like a bag of holding but in ship form it holds as many as it needs to hold at that moment in time 

Real answer: id assume maybe it was like a small city in size or at least in people carrying capacity if the orokin clamped down on carrying amount over luxuries 

off topic: now im wondering happens if a orokin is exposed to the void since they see it as a form of devilry makes me wonder what happens if we tossed ballas into it 

I was under the impression that many other tennos were created deliberately after the incident. 

In other words, from a narative point, you personally were one of the original children on board the Zariman Ten Zero but the other dudes in the relay are all results of orokin experiments to create super soldiers for the war effort.

Now if you actually stop and talk to a random tendo in the relay he will tell you that he was in Zariman, so will every Tenno you actually ask the question to. But all those you didn't specifically ask if they were from Zariman are orokin experiments. 

Corpus should have some crazy void adults.

latest?cb=20130810112918

Anyone remember this key? Corpus spy's for arid fear hid in the void on normal corpus ships and void radiation flooded the ship as you played. Though the lore was not as built up back then.

So new void kids seems possible even now. I wouldn't be surprised if proto frames started to show up that can never quite be killed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, seprent said:

Off topic: now im wondering happens if a orokin is exposed to the void since they see it as a form of devilry makes me wonder what happens if we tossed ballas into it 

Ballas will go mad as the parents of the Tenno did. In case you are not aware, the biological parents of the Tenno are orokins. 

4 minutes ago, wtflag said:

Ballas will go mad as the parents of the Tenno did. In case you are not aware, the biological parents of the Tenno are orokins. 

ah well being mad would match those shoes that boy has what are those primed slippers? they dont look all that comfortable they look like they be a *@##$ on your feet after a hour of even standing

11 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Corpus should have some crazy void adults.

latest?cb=20130810112918

Anyone remember this key? Corpus spy's for arid fear hid in the void on normal corpus ships and void radiation flooded the ship as you played. Though the lore was not as built up back then.

So new void kids seems possible even now. I wouldn't be surprised if proto frames started to show up that can never quite be killed.

tbh i look at that key and think it looks like a desk toy or some fancy candy protector or if you scaled it up it be a small safe with shelf i had to look at a void key and then it to see it but i cant unsee like a desk decoration now i want one in my ship i need more fancy clutter in my ship 

3 hours ago, TermiteFrame said:

We do know what it looked like roughly from that comic that was released on the Harrow hype site thing. The ship looks like the one in the og dark sector 2005 e3 concept stuff might be around the same size as that.

image.jpg

You know, that ship on the left was shown in the Vitruvian during the Sacrifice, and I was like "Huh, what's that?" because all we got was an image. And it was in the Tenno entry, too.

So yeah, that's the Zariman.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

1 hour ago, wtflag said:

I was under the impression that many other tennos were created deliberately after the incident. 

In other words, from a narative point, you personally were one of the original children on board the Zariman Ten Zero but the other dudes in the relay are all results of orokin experiments to create super soldiers for the war effort.

Now if you actually stop and talk to a random tendo in the relay he will tell you that he was in Zariman, so will every Tenno you actually ask the question to. But all those you didn't specifically ask if they were from Zariman are orokin experiments.

The Orokin would absolutely never create new Tenno or void kids.

They called us abominations and void demons. They saw us as such a horrible blight that they literally tried to erase us from existence - wiped all records of the Zariman, it's passengers, it's crew, all references to its existence at all. They literally executed Margulis for daring to even try to CURE us, let alone researching our Void powers. Even Ballas, the one Orokin willing to put us to use (and only in order to get vengeance for Margulis), sees us as demons, something ugly and simply wrong. Using us against the Sentients was an act of desperation that they were never happy to use.

We Tenno from the Zariman Ten-Zero are the only ones.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

52 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

The Orokin would absolutely never create new Tenno or void kids.

They called us abominations and void demons. They saw us as such a horrible blight that they literally tried to erase us from existence - wiped all records of the Zariman, it's passengers, it's crew, all references to its existence at all. They literally executed Margulis for daring to even try to CURE us, let alone researching our Void powers. Even Ballas, the one Orokin willing to put us to use (and only in order to get vengeance for Margulis), sees us as demons, something ugly and simply wrong. Using us against the Sentients was an act of desperation that they were never happy to use.

We Tenno from the Zariman Ten-Zero are the only ones.

Remember that the orokin's original intention for creating the sentients was to expand into the tau system. And the tau system is now a breeding ground for infinitely replicating hostile sentients who could again invade at any time. The only thing that prevented the sentients from bearing their full might on the orokins were the toxicity of the void and the Tenno.

I would imagine that the orokins would want to first secure the solar system and then eventually send out invasion forces to the tau system to exterminate the sentients. Because the orokins will never be safe as long as sentients exist and their original need to expand still exists.

I can't imagine how many and how powerful the sentients are in their own system with their full resources unpoisoned by the energies of the void, but i can easily imagine the sentients like HunHow may just be a midranking sentient lord. So capturing the tau system is probably going to be 10000 times harder than securing the solar system.

Thus the orokins must have some kind of plan to mass produce Tenno, the same way their mass produced the warframe. Otherwise why would they need to produce so many warframe when each Tenno can only control one and their numbers would never increase?

History has taught us that in a war, humans have always expanded their technology and production. You don't just go into war with 1000 soldiers and 1000 tanks and think; well I hope that will be enough cause continuing to build more is going to eat into the yacht budget for this summer.

Edited by wtflag

4 hours ago, wtflag said:

Thus the orokins must have some kind of plan to mass produce Tenno, the same way their mass produced the warframe. Otherwise why would they need to produce so many warframe when each Tenno can only control one and their numbers would never increase?

Because the Zariman Ten-Zero was freaking HUGE. Big enough to colonize an entire star system. It was the first attempt to colonize Tau. The active playerbase that we have doesn't even scratch the surface of how many children were actually on board.

And each individual Tenno is worth thousands of soldiers. Maybe millions.

The Orokin wouldn't have punished Margulis for researching the Tenno and their Void powers if they were okay with using said powers. They never allowed her to reach a point where they could fully understand the Tenno. They never achieved a level of knowledge that would allow them to replicate what happened, because they saw the Tenno as that unholy. Even the Lotus doesn't fully understand the Tenno powers, and she has the full knowledge and memories of Margulis, the one Orokin researcher who gave a damn.

Their faith, their traditions, their concept of beauty - that was everything to the Orokin.
They were also functionally immortal, so they were perfectly willing to deal with the Sentient threat in ways that appealed to their strange sensibilities.

Edited by DrakeWurrum