Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie slowly becoming trivial

angias

The new content constanly comme at a higuer lvl and the difference between late lvl mission and sortie become thiner and thiner.

I would like to hear your ideas on how to fix this.

The only Idea that comme to me is raising sortie lvl.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

This game is not very complicated or hard.  It's easy to get good.  Sortie is the most fun and challenging daily Warframe thing to do, but if it's too easy now you have probably gotten good.  

Lol the problem is that I'm MR 9 XD

10 минут назад, (XB1)ThermalStone сказал:

This game is not very complicated or hard.  It's easy to get good.  Sortie is the most fun and challenging daily Warframe thing to do, but if it's too easy now you have probably gotten good.  

This, actually.

When sortie first arrived, even average mrs 15-20+ used recruiting channel, they actually struggled to complete (at elast some of) them. Because of that, weapons and team comp mattered to most.

But that was a long time ago.

Sortie isn't all that hard, especially if you're someone with a large arsenal of frames and weapons to do any job.

It's still fun all the same, but it's a shame that you only get something from it once a day. There's not a whole lot of missions you can do that's level 80-100 right out the door, so it's more boring doing non-sortie/kuva flood missions.

il y a 17 minutes, Praxxor a dit :

You mean it hasn't always been trivial?

I was talking from the perspective of the forum populace.

Personally they became trivial a few years ago.

What i mean is that casual will find it trivial because they can brute force it with mid-tier build.

Has of now without the reward sortie are a waste of time and i though making them more "chalenging" would give them value.

55 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There are some sorties that are near impossible to go themes due to the combination of mission type and conditions. 

Raising the levels would not only deter newer players fro doing them for longer, but also make those near impossible missions truly impossible.

Nothing is impossible if you have the right weapons and/or warframe. If you provide some examples of near-impossible combinations, I could provide some solutions. 😛

2 hours ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

All you need is 3 types of frames (Hard CC(Too many to name tbh)/SpyFrame(Ivara/Loki/Ash) for certain tiles/Armor Stripe or Damage Buff Frame(A decent amount to name but most notable Rhino/Chroma) Majority of missions are already move fast anyways and not all spy tiles need you to be invisible you can just wipe the cameras or it provides a way for you to completely go through to the vault undetected.

Sorties haven't been hard for a long time. Most difficult is getting sortie 3 kill oriented objective (Survival/Defense)  with +enemy armor and no one else but you brings an armor striping frame and corrosive projection along with no type of CC or Damage/Damage Weapon.

What made sorties hard before was that some of them were very tedious but that's about it, it's not really challenging just it took longer and also spy missions got downgraded as it use to be every lock had the highest hacking mini-game and tbh they should've done some extra stuff like always locking shortcuts etc but Ivara would still trivialize most of the vaults due to her full on scrub boosting augment.

Edited by SirWolfen

3 hours ago, angias said:

The new content constanly comme at a higuer lvl and the difference between late lvl mission and sortie become thiner and thiner.

I would like to hear your ideas on how to fix this.

The only Idea that comme to me is raising sortie lvl.

As a person who does Sortie solo, I wouldn’t say it’s trivial. It’s just a little bit more challenging when you’re alone but it also makes it easier in the sense that you don’t have to deal with other players. These Sorties aren’t meant to be too challenging that you need a 4 man squad to do. They could always add new conditions to make it more diverse but it’s won’t change much. If MR8s can join, it shouldn’t be to daunting that they don’t dare try it.

Not everyone is MR20+ with Prime Mods, etc.   Many do still find them challenging.  Y'all need to give those players time and room to experience things before deeming it "trash" or "trivial" just because you leveled up, essentially.  

That being said, I like the idea of maybe upping the levels eventually, but...I don't see why we'd need better rewards for that.

Since when did we play games JUST to get things?  When did playing the fun of the game itself, and the challenges therein, stop being a reward in its own right?

il y a 4 minutes, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu a dit :

Since when did we play games JUST to get things?  When did playing the fun of the game itself, and the challenges therein, stop being a reward in its own right?

Well i just wished there was easier access to tougher enemies, like lv 150+, because currently my arsenal is geared towards that and i mostly don't have time to waste an hour on easy stuff before the enemies become interesting 😞

Even just having a second tier of Sorties from lv 150 to 250 or so would do the trick tbh. 

Or more regular tac alerts with proper endurance segments (as hard as Phoenix Intercept was back in the day). 

Or some warzone nodes or however you want to call them that start at lv 150. 

I wouldn't really mind if the rewards were the same of normal missions either tbh. 

Edited by Autongnosis

5 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Well i just wished there was easier access to tougher enemies, like lv 150+, because currently my arsenal is geared towards that and i mostly don't have time to waste an hour on easy stuff before the enemies become interesting 😞

Even just having a second tier of Sorties from lv 150 to 250 or so would do the trick tbh. 

Or more regular tac alerts with proper endurance segments (as hard as Phoenix Intercept was back in the day). 

Or some warzone nodes or however you want to call them that start at lv 150. 

I wouldn't really mind if the rewards were the same of normal missions either tbh. 

That's a reasonable request, for sure. I agree 110%.  My comment was moreso aimed at those who act like just because they're strong, everything else is weak.  That's like saying because a guy can benchpress 600 lbs, someone who can "only" bench 400 lbs is weak, and 400 lb weights would be "trivial".  

People forget that experiences are -relative-, not objective.

But yeah, no worries, I'm sure higher level stuff is coming.  DE is currently focused on bringing IN new players, and so that means they need to make sure new and current content is accessible to those who -haven't- had 3 years to play, ya know?  I'm sure they haven't "forgotten" or "abandoned" us, and higher tier content IS coming.  Just...gotta take care of the basics first, is all.

2 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Raising sortie levels furthers the overarching problem that plagues warframe

Nah, don't need to raise Sortie levels, just need to create more Sortie-type content at higher levels.  Tactical Alerts are fun, for sure!  But again, we say "need to" as if DE isn't already working on these things, lol.  I'm sure there's plenty of content to come. 🙂

il y a 4 minutes, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu a dit :

That's a reasonable request, for sure. I agree 110%.  My comment was moreso aimed at those who act like just because they're strong, everything else is weak.  That's like saying because a guy can benchpress 600 lbs, someone who can "only" bench 400 lbs is weak, and 400 lb weights would be "trivial".  

People forget that experiences are -relative-, not objective.

But yeah, no worries, I'm sure higher level stuff is coming.  DE is currently focused on bringing IN new players, and so that means they need to make sure new and current content is accessible to those who -haven't- had 3 years to play, ya know?  I'm sure they haven't "forgotten" or "abandoned" us, and higher tier content IS coming.  Just...gotta take care of the basics first, is all.

I know. 

I wish there was more variation on the Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and the Eidolon missions. Those are fun even for a guy like me that has almost everything 🙂

I hope the Orb Mothers in Orb Vallis are as fun as Eidolons are. Day/night cycles and my work hours do not interact very well. 

Though tbh having a special node that drops you in a deeper section of the plains not normally accessible that contains a soecial Eidolon that's much, MUCH harder than the ines we have and can be fought with 8 people like the old Trials would make me a happy man. 

Edited by Autongnosis

Just now, Autongnosis said:

I know. 

I wish there was more variation on the Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and the Eidolon missions. Those are fun even for a guy like me that has almost everything 🙂

I hope the Orb Mothers in Orb Vallis are as fun as Eidolins are. Day/night cycles and my work hours do not interact very well. 

Yeah, I hear ya.  Unfortunately, there's really nothing DE can do about the players all around the world having different schedules, lol.  If they were accessible -all- the time, their rewards would be that much more cheapened by over-farming.  Honestly, I kinda hate how people overdo it now, but...meh.

I often feel like DE prepares this carefully made, lovingly cooked steak for us...garnished and presented with a ton of effort put into it....and we, as the general playerbase, just seem to shove it down our throats, smothered in ketchup, in seconds....just looking at them like "Meh, could've been a bit better. Where's dessert?"   and it hurts to see the playerbase that way.

Not saying you, at all....just...a general observation of the players on these forums, and in other interactions out-of-game.

Sorties could be so much more, but some game modes don't really get harder, like spy and rescue. Those missions don't get harder by raising enemy level or sniper only.

Restrict to non stealth frames maybe?

Survival 10min is also way to easy due to the amount of lifesupport towers, remove them and it instantly would be more challenging. 

Defense is way to easy cause we can just revive the dude.