Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia Changes

Marine027

Could we have simple cooldowns for her buffs, i mean it is nice to see people build for efficience, but it hurts my eyes and ears to see someone just spamming there notes.

I know sound options, turn it of and done, but still, it would be nice for people ot just play for the fun of playing a game, i actually enjoy songs people make at times, but switching it on and off becasue some decide to spam for the sake of endless buffs basically is nonsense nad not what DE had in mind with her clearly.

Make the buffs last longer or be stronger but cooldown in between so you can't get it again in that time, so spamming won't be useful and you will need a actual rythm.

Will of course differ with songs but, come one guys, stop beeing lazy and not just spam one note in each row like some turbo button on a controller.

Edited by Marine027

vor 1 Minute schrieb xXDeadsinxX:

If you don’t like it, then turn the sound off in the settings, simple as that.

Then i also turn my screen of if lets say Mirage spams her light ball or if i fight a Eidolon with all its effects, this is not how it works, i make a simple suggestion so she plays more song friendly for peopel who actually care for music and not just spam it like every other ability.

Edited by Marine027

8 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Then i also turn my screen of if lets say Mirage spams her light ball or if i fight a Eidolon with all its effects, this is not how it works, i makea simple suggestion so she plays more song friendly for peopel who actually care for music and not just spam it like every other ability.

Your suggestion would be redundant to add since the option is already in the game, it’s called the Manachord Volume, it ain’t there just for looks. As I said before, if you don’t like hearing the sound of Octavia’s abilities being spammed by your fellow squad mates, then turn the Manachord Volume to 0, bam, problem easily solved by a click of a button.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

10 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Your suggestion would be redundant to add since the option is already in the game, it’s called the Manachord Volume, it ain’t there just for looks. As I said before, if you don’t like hearing the sound of Octavia’s abilities being spammed by your fellow squad mates, then turn the Manachord Volume to 0, bam, problem easily solved by a click of a button.

this^^

also putting a cool down on her abilities wont make the songs any better so im not sure what you were supposed to accomplish with it.

32 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

If you don’t like it, then turn the sound off in the settings, simple as that.

24 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Wow, this is uncalled for, the OP made a simple suggestion to prevent spammers/trollers from causing issues.

Also, what I don't understand is that when players do make a suggestion like, turning down the lights of Eidolons or removing a certain tone of a sound is shunned by the community here, is some patterns of light or a certain tone of sound (Sub-Sonic and such). And cause serious issues. And simple "solved by a button click" is not always the best choice.

I won't talk for the OP, but I can tell you now, that if someone came to request to remove a certain "Ding" sound or a certain colour of light, cuz they have legit issues like Auditory Hypersensitivity or Photophobia, then are you going to act the same, call them out on out "redundant" it is or how "you don't like it, so it doesn't matter" 

For your sake, I hope you don't...

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

13 minutes ago, Wrum said:

this^^

also putting a cool down on her abilities wont make the songs any better so im not sure what you were supposed to accomplish with it.

"Cooldowns to prevent spamming"

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin.

Cooldowns on powers, I admit will be difficult to do, due to both parties (Legit issues and players who have fun) can be hard to balance about, but perhaps things like toned down light or preventing certain combos of notes (and whatever the mancord thingy uses) chuold be ideal.

Pretty much what the OP suggested (in case anyone just ignored it and ranted) and that I heavily agree with is to prevent players from picking a single note of a piece and making that play over and over again, cuz it gives that "single buff" cuz that is not only it was not intended for a frame about music but it is also loud and again can be bad for certain people,

Also, on a unrelated note: Where did you get that glpyth?

1 minute ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

I am of the mind of making Octavia's (1,2 and 3) abilities be toggles. What is more annoying is the start and stop of songs. Sounds like the record is skipping.

I used to still own them CD-DVD roms that played music, had the record skip to a certain part of the song.

*Gentle music* <SKKSKksks> *LOUD DUBSTEP MUSIC* "OH GOD!"

I'm not sure making the buffs have cooldowns will actually do anything. You can still just stockpile notes to spam and turn the volume to 0 or mute it.

People who want rhythm will focus on that, people who want efficiency will still aim toward that.

I tend to do a nice middle ground of efficiency and sound.

I cannot bash people that chose to opt out of the system entirely just to make something work. I do wish they'd turn it to zero, unless that actually affects the amp buff, then I'd understand.