Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please review Hema Mutagen Sample requirements

Surs_

The mutagen sample requirements for the Hema requirements are unreasonably high. Requiring dedicated farming just to finish the research, this is not fun way to get a weapon. Considering that mutagen samples are a rare resource on Eris and an Uncommon resource in the derelict, you would need to spend weeks farming the samples WITH boosters and maybe months without boosters. A 20 minute run in Derelict Survival would get you around 20-30 mutagen samples that means you would require 42 runs with a full clan squad to get the ghost clan requirements, 14 hours of farming, just for one weapon is unreasonable to me. As mutagen samples can only be farmed in 2 areas in the game (one of which you need to craft keys to enter), it's not viable to passively farm for them, which makes it a requirement for dedicated farming.

DE please take another look at the Hema requirements.

Edit: After reading other player's comments. The the resource requirements are not a problem, changing them is disrepectful to those that have earned the research. However I think there is a problem with mutagen samples themselves and the farming process to get them. As a resource they aren't very valuable being used for Mutagen Masses only, which can be obtained easily through invasions. As for farming them, currently the best way to farm them are Derelict endless missions. Doing Derelict endless missions repeatedly for Mutagen Samples isn't fun be cause of the reward that you get from the missions, as the only valuable thing you are getting out of it are the mutagen samples. Comparing it to other farming spots such as Ophelia, Uranus where the farming process is the same but there it is a more valuable use of time whilst being fun as you are getting valuable resources like Polymer Bundles and Gallium, with a chance of getting Condition Overload and is a popular spot so you meet new players with the same objective as you. Before the relic update getting Mutagen Samples felt easier than it is today because you could farm primes in the Derelicts, this resulted in a lot more time spent in the Derelict meaning more Mutagen Samples were aquired. My point is that there aren't many good reasons to go to the Derelict Endless Missions and that results in a boring and unpopular resource to farm.

Edited by Surs_

Just now, kenrhee said:

Ain't happening man.

DE is aware of this and won't make any more lab research with such ridiculous requirements. However they confirmed that they won't change the Hema requirements but instead leave it as a hard-to-achieve target for clans to slowly work towards to.

Except they just did... With Tower White Pigment. Not as important, sure, but still a huge fiasco.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Yeah, that was a lost fight at that update's launch. A huge rage in the community, and stubborness from DE.

Want to join the new clan resource fiasco? Find the Tower White Pigment/ Condroc Pigment Drop threads in the forums.

Yeah another problem, 20% chance to drop from condrocs, and the condroc are sort of rare in the plains. No consistant way to farm them. With high requirements for the pigment as well.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Yeah, that was a lost fight at that update's launch. A huge rage in the community, and stubborness from DE.

Want to join the new clan resource fiasco? Find the Tower White Pigment/ Condroc Pigment Drop threads in the forums. 

Not just that... the wisp grey from dargyns isn't exactly any better....

OP, in all honesty it's too late for DE to change the hema research requirements now, a LOT of clans will have likely done the research and in DE's own words, it would be 'unfair' on those that have finished the research to change it. 

4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Not just that... the wisp grey from dargyns isn't exactly any better....

OP, in all honesty it's too late for DE to change the hema research requirements now, a LOT of clans will have likely done the research and in DE's own words, it would be 'unfair' on those that have finished the research to change it. 

I don't think it's too late considering how much the game is growing in player base, the game is getting more and more popular so new clans are gonna be popping up trying to get all the research. Especially with Fortuna coming out.

4 minutes ago, Surs_ said:

I don't think it's too late considering how much the game is growing in player base, the game is getting more and more popular so new clans are gonna be popping up trying to get all the research. Especially with Fortuna coming out.

Like others have said DE looks at it as a final long term goal, it's not changing.

I particularly like the suggestion from @GnarlsDarkley, less time complaining here more time farming

honestly i dont think the requirement is the problem. the problem is that there is very little reason to go to the derelict where it mutagen samples actually drop at a decent rate. i have mountains of detonit and feldron samples that i just get through regular game play but i need to go out of my way to go to the derelict for mutagen and organizing a party for an extended stay is a pain.

the real solution is to give us a reason to go to the derelict more often and to get rid of the keys.

Edited by Wrum

5 minutes ago, Wrum said:

honestly i dont think the requirement is the problem. the problem is that there is very little reason to go to the derelict where it mutagen samples actually drop at a decent rate. i have mountains of detonit and feldron samples that i just get through regular game play but i need to go out of my way to go to the derelict for mutagen and organizing a party for an extended stay is a pain.

the real solution is to give us a reason to go to the derelict more often and to get rid of the keys.

This is a good suggestion. Before relics you could farm primes in the derelict, this gave a reason to do endless missions there. The derelict is now for quick runs for nekros, corrupted mods and kavats. There are not many good reasons to stay in the derelict for endless missions.

Edited by Surs_

46 minutes ago, Surs_ said:

you would need to spend weeks farming the samples WITH boosters and maybe months without boosters. A 20 minute run in Derelict Survival would get you around 20-30 mutagen samples that means you would require 42 runs with a full clan squad to get the ghost clan requirements, 14 hours of farming

I did it solo in two days, with boosters, but, yeah, to Warframe standards, the amount of Mutagen Sample required is just ridiculous...

Also, Condroc and Dargyn pigments were pretty easy for me to farm. Again, with boosters, it barely took me 2 hours each, solo as well. Now, that Pigment from Tusk Mortar Bombard was a real pain to farm, because this bombard rarely spawned... it must have taken me 4 hours to get all the pigments all needed from it. At least I got two Gladiator Vice from bounties.

56 minutes ago, Surs_ said:

As I said, DE have already given reasons as to why they didn't change it when it first came out.  It's not going to change now when it's been over a year and even more clans have completed the research. 

I'm guessing you've just started a new clan and are finding it a lot of work to get the hema... well the clans that have it have done said work already, in some cases investing plat into boosters too, so it would be unfair on those clans (mine included) to have it reduced down just to make it easier for a new clan that 'isn't prepared to put the effort in' like the other clans have.

As others have said you would be better off spending your time farming for the mutagen samples instead of complaining about how many you need.

Edited by LSG501

20 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

As I said, DE have already given reasons as to why they didn't change it when it first came out.  It's not going to change now when it's been over a year and even more clans have completed the research. 

I'm guessing you've just started a new clan and are finding it a lot of work to get the hema... well the clans that have it have done said work already, in some cases investing plat into boosters too, so it would be unfair on those clans (mine included) to have it reduced down just to make it easier for a new clan that 'isn't prepared to put the effort in' like the other clans have.

As others have said you would be better off spending your time farming for the mutagen samples instead of complaining about how many you need.

I realise now that changing the requirements is not a solution and it is unfair for those who have earned the research. But one of my complaints is that there aren't many ways to get mutagen samples. The process to farm them is a very repetative and not very rewarding. There should be more options to farm for mutagen samples or reasons to go to the derelicts for endless.

1 hour ago, Surs_ said:

I realise now that changing the requirements is not a solution and it is unfair for those who have earned the research. But one of my complaints is that there aren't many ways to get mutagen samples. The process to farm them is a very repetative and not very rewarding. There should be more options to farm for mutagen samples or reasons to go to the derelicts for endless. 

And it's been the same for everyone that's come before you too....

As someone who mostly farmed all the mutagen samples for my clan's Hema research, I wouldn't feel cheated if the cost were lowered now. But I do think the best way to solve this is simply get rid of the Derelict keys and make them a public matchmaking zone like the others, and maybe give players a reason to go there besides mutagen samples.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, DE explained that they will not lower the mutagen sample costs, but they talked about changes for better mutagen sample acquisition.
So what happened with the idea of a better drop rate or other ways to get mutagen samples?

Edited by M4T2E

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-09-13 at 4:59 AM, M4T2E said:

Ok, DE explained that they will not lower the mutagen sample costs, but they talked about changes for better mutagen sample acquisition.
So what happened with the idea of a better drop rate or other ways to get mutagen samples?

Literally nothing.

They have not addressed it since then.

There was a fiasco back when someone worked for DE and repeatedly tried to make mutagen samples drop as much as detonite ampules or fieldron samples, it would get fixed every time before launching a new update. Until this day, they still drop at a lower rate than other resources, DE has not addressed it.