Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Add A Toggle Option For Always Run

(PSN)A_SimpleName

DE, please add an option in a future update that allow us to have run ALWAYS toggle ON. I don't ever really just move around at walking speed in Warframe so not having to press a key/button to sprint will be much appreciated. The function will allow for auto running (not press) and when pressed (hold) the warframe will walk instead. 

We do have Toggle Sprint, I have no idea what OP wants beyond that.

OP perhaps wants auto sprint, currently toggle sprint stops if certain in game actions occur, requiring you to then press the sprint button again.

Basing that on what I've seen people asking for before.

Edited by DeMonkey

DE, please add an option in a future update that allow us to have run ALWAYS toggle ON. I don't ever really just move around at walking speed in Warframe so not having to press a key/button to sprint will be much appreciated. The function will allow for auto running (not press) and when pressed (hold) the warframe will walk instead. 

There is a function for that. 'Toggle Sprint'

Indeed, that's likely what the OP is referring to.  While there is a 'Toggle Sprint' available, many events in-game or in-mission cancel it, causing you to have to retoggle it.  It's not a breaking feature at all, but can get annoying when you have to retoggle after every time you zoom a weapon, hard(sometimes soft!) land, etc.

The PC version yet has not a real "toggle"-sprint option. Whenever you are using a rifle or sidearm, it will disrupt the sprint mechanic, and you will start to walk. Meleeing won't trigger/change anything, if you sprint and quick-/melee, you will continue to sprint, but using/activating, shooting and zooming will interrupt the sprint.

Only "bypass": sliding and shooting won't affect the sprint.

It is kind of annoying, why DE isn't clearly adding a plain and simple mechanic as it should be, but making it more complex and thus more frustrating overall.

Indeed, that's likely what the OP is referring to.  While there is a 'Toggle Sprint' available, many events in-game or in-mission cancel it, causing you to have to retoggle it.  It's not a breaking feature at all, but can get annoying when you have to retoggle after every time you zoom a weapon, hard(sometimes soft!) land, etc.

So, really, DE should just prevent those things from disabling sprint, there's no need to add another option that does the same thing but in a roundabout way.

Edited by Ailith

could just 'fix' Toggle Sprint, so that it is infact a toggle, showing a HUD icon to denote that you have it toggled on.

when it's on, any movement you do is Sprinting. period. doesn't turn itself off even between Missions and restarting the game.

The need for the toggle is less apparent after Stamina was removed, but an "always on" option would remove some of the finer movement controls - definitely worth discussing here though. 

The need for the toggle is less apparent after Stamina was removed, but an "always on" option would remove some of the finer movement controls - definitely worth discussing here though. 

Without stamina there's almost no reason to *not* be sprinting 100% of the time. 

Instead of 'toggle sprint', I propose to have sprinting be the default state and add a 'toggle walk' mode.

Removing the need to continually monitor the current version of the 'toggle sprint' key/holding down the sprint key would free up a finger to do other actions during regular gameplay.

For controller users this would be a nice quality of life change by freeing up a button.

Edited by Pythadragon

Instead of 'toggle sprint', I propose to have sprinting be the default state and add a 'toggle walk' mode.

if there was also the option to Bind 'hold to Walk', i guess i'd be okay with that.

so instead of pressing Sprint, i'd be pressing Walk i guess. less pressing in general i suppose.

Without stamina there's almost no reason to *not* be sprinting 100% of the time. 

Removing the need to continually monitor the current version of the 'toggle sprint' key/holding down the sprint key would free up a finger to do other actions during regular gameplay.

For controller users this would be a nice quality of life change by freeing up a button.

Absolutely. Sprinting is something I am never not doing. Even when I am crouch shooting from cover I find myself holding the sprint key.

Just needs to be looked at the very least DE.

It wouldn't remove them some much as change how they're accessed. Rather than a "push to sprint" we could have a "push to walk." I agree with the general sentiment that there's almost no reason to not be sprinting.

toggle anything removes finer detailed control, but this is should be left up to the user.

I would really like to have the option to enable auto-sprinting. It would be a great quality of life improvement considering reactivating sprint after aiming, shooting, rolling, activating, etc. gets to be tedious after a while. Then just make it so when auto-sprint is on, your "push to sprint" key changes to "push to walk" like suggested above.