Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you like Star Wars?

ajingom

4 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Excellent work. Though for me, the series began dying with the release of The Force Awakens. Star Wars will only ever be a 6 part space opera for me.

The Force Awakens, and even The Last Jedi, is still infinitely better than the prequels.

Just watch the 3 originals, they will always be great. Ignore the prequels completely and pretend they don't exist. Watch the 2 latest ones if you must, but you can do without them. 

Nicely done.

And I too feel Disney dropped the ball with the franchise. Rogue one was... ok, but a few things felt a bit off. Haven't seen Solo yet, but the fact that it flopped isn't a good sign.

Oh, treasure of my youth. Thy shell cracked, thy gilt in flakes.....

16 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

Rogue one, and the new star wars sequel movies are blatant girl power movies. If that's your thing, cool. It's not mine tho.

I mean the original Star Wars practically invented the concept of girl power in movies with Princess Leia, so if that surprised you with the newer movies, you obviously weren't paying attention.

54 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Nicely done.

And I too feel Disney dropped the ball with the franchise. Rogue one was... ok, but a few things felt a bit off. Haven't seen Solo yet, but the fact that it flopped isn't a good sign.

Oh, treasure of my youth. Thy shell cracked, thy gilt in flakes.....

I think they should have taken a leaf out of the Star Trek reboot. Even though those movies had an all-new cast (Nimoy aside) they were the same characters and were immediately identifiable. Into Darkness was way too heavy on the Wrath of Khan references, but generally the new films tied in well with the earlier ones.

They should have set the movies sooner after Return of the Jedi, so you could still have the original characters at reasonable ages.

Instead they tried to re-make Star Wars as a Disney franchise, aimed at a younger audience and created a total disconnect with everything that had gone before.

56 minutes ago, rune_me said:

I mean the original Star Wars practically invented the concept of girl power in movies with Princess Leia

Yes, gold bikini slave Carrie Fisher was the perfect example of girl power.

Anyway, Leia had her moments of strength and was so from the very beginning when we first are introduced to her in Star Wars. She's believable in her force of personality. 

Rogue One was not. I can't remember her name because that movie was bad. But anyway, she goes from being a chump to basically leading the very people who were at first leading her. In such a short time frame, that is forced and not good character development.

If you liked Rogue one or the other sequels, great, I'm glad you enjoyed them and got entertainment value out of them. Lord knows I have enjoyed things that make no sense to other people too.

Edited by Erytroxylin

1 hour ago, Erytroxylin said:

Yes, gold bikini slave Carrie Fisher was the perfect example of girl power.

Anyway, Leia had her moments of strength and was so from the very beginning when we first are introduced to her in Star Wars. She's believable in her force of personality. 

Rogue One was not. I can't remember her name because that movie was bad. But anyway, she goes from being a chump to basically leading the very people who were at first leading her. In such a short time frame, that is forced and not good character development.

If you liked Rogue one or the other sequels, great, I'm glad you enjoyed them and got entertainment value out of them. Lord knows I have enjoyed things that make no sense to other people too.

...I'll be back to this.