Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.5.0

[DE]Drew

I'd like to say the Revenant is pretty cool. The only thing me and my friends notice though is, the only usable ability he has is his 4, and the Revenant's 1 through 3 are completely useless and or if you do try using abilities 1 through 3 you'll just end up dying fast. We also noticed, he's not at all that tanky or at least somewhat tanky either, even with mods you'll simply die. And yes we know the revenant is brand new to the game, but still the revenant's 4 is the only ability he got that's useful. Hopefully this will give DE somewhat feedback help on the revenant.     

the mission works well the only thing that it does not put is that you have to manufacture the components first when you have the 3 parts
(chassis systems and neuroptics) and you go back to the plains, then that is when you can complete the whole mission.

if you do not have the 3 parts the mission is as if it was bugged and does not let you complete the mission, I repeat when you claim the 3 parts then let it complete

sorry for my english use google translator

This quest is super botched honestly.

Not only does it have game-breaking bugs that have prevented me and others from getting the Blueprint in order to complete the frame, but the instructions are very vague and unclear even when it works properly. This update is completely half-baked.

Howdy!

So, I got Revenant, and he looks great, and I think the idea behind his ability synergy is great, but his first ability sort of stops it short. It's very underwhelming. I'm honestly confused as to why there was so much work put into making thralls spread their 'thrallship" if you can only have a max of 4 at a given time. If his first had a max of like 8, or at least had the max adjustable via mods, I would have absolutely no complaints about his kit and I think his synergy would be perfect. But as it is now, with so much of his kit interacting with/depending on his first ability with a max of 4, it's just meh. Again, looks awesome, though.

Oddly enough, the quest isn't really botched so much as it is ridiculously unhelpful with how you should proceed. 

Spoiler

• Do the whole wear mask, touch spot by lake thing at night in PoE
  • leave through Cetus
  • Do bounties a surprisingly few amount of times! You want 3, 4, and 5 for the Rev pieces.
  • You need to farm and build at least two pieces of the bps that build the main bp.
  • Claim one 
  • Go back to PoE at night (can go directly, no need to go through cetus.)
  • Quest stuff happens,
  • leave through Cetus
  • Claim another piece
  • go back at night again
  • Quest stuff happens 
  • you finish quest and get bp!

Be sure to bring Helios for scans (though I can't find the target in the codex still...)

This can all be done in one night, it's pretty fast if you have the pieces all built.

I actually don't know if you need to claim them one at a time, I was just worried about things being bugged so that was the exact way I did it.

Edit: Also, when Nakkak is droning on about all that lore stuff, just stay put, usually if there's more to do, it will happen where you are or after she stops talking.

25 minutes ago, Iseecko said:

Howdy!

So, I got Revenant, and he looks great, and I think the idea behind his ability synergy is great, but his first ability sort of stops it short. It's very underwhelming. I'm honestly confused as to why there was so much work put into making thralls spread their 'thrallship" if you can only have a max of 4 at a given time. If his first had a max of like 8, or at least had the max adjustable via mods, I would have absolutely no complaints about his kit and I think his synergy would be perfect. But as it is now, with so much of his kit interacting with/depending on his first ability with a max of 4, it's just meh. Again, looks awesome, though.

isn't it pretty much Nyx's ability but instead of one dude you can still murder that is supposed to be an ally, it's more? 

Either way, I'll eat my hat, (and it's a genuine Kangol,) if they don't nerf Rev and the gun he comes with. I wouldn't be asking for more power just yet.

5 hours ago, -PP-_FalseEcho_ZERO said:

i have a small issue... i didn't properly finished quest and now i can't continue it 😞 apparently you are to look at 3 different places but i only went to 1 and left cetus after, and now i can't finish the mission, what do i do????

Same problem😭

En 24/8/2018 a las 16:39, [DE]Drew dijo:

EDIT: 6:25PM EST

Please Relog to be able to acquire Nakak's Mask! (and make sure you select the "Mask" dialogue option to do so)

We are aware of the missing Mask in Nakak's inventory and are investigating the cause! Looks like she forgot to update her wares in all this excitement. Thanks for your patience, Tenno. 

61cb4a6905ef705fb66fa0343591d997.jpg

Nakak has discovered a new oddity - Once you’ve reached Observer (rank 2) with the Quills, visit her in Cetus to uncover its mysterious connection with the Plains of Eidolon…

Since this is a miniquest, and therefore isn’t included in the Codex for easy tracking of steps, we’ve laid out the process below for you all. This contains spoilers for what to do in the Quest, but not for the lore contained in it -- read at your own risk!

Revelar contenido oculto

Prerequisite: Rank of “Observer” or above with The Quills Syndicate. 

Step 1 - Visit Nakak in Cetus and select the “Mask” dialogue option. Purchase the Mask of the Lost One from Nakak and equip it to your Operator
You can do so straight from Cetus by going to Equipment > Operator via the ESC menu while in Operator Mode!

Step 2 - Go out into the Plains of Eidolon during the night with the mask equipped. There will be a marked area with an item for you to find -- listen to Nakak’s dialogue for hints!

Step 3 - Once you have found the item, you must return to Cetus and talk to Konzu. Using the Bounty Board, select a Bounty with a Revenant Blueprint in its droptable. Complete the Bounty until you receive the Blueprint.

Step 4 - Build the Blueprint and claim it from your Foundry.

Step 5 - Repeat steps 2 - 4.
NOTE: The Revenant part you build needs to be different than the one you completed in Step 4.

Step 6 - Return to the Plains of Eidolon with the Mask of the Lost One equipped and find the item within the marked area. After doing so, yet another marker will appear in your minimap. Search the area, find the item, and follow Nakak’s instructions.

You'll receive the Revenant Blueprint and then you’re done!

c0d0695c98bef4ee9d9351a0cc166c19.jpg

NEW WARFRAME: REVENANT
Introducing the 36th Warframe, Revenant! Afflicted by Sentient energy, Revenant rises from the shadows to prey on the weak and unwilling. 

PASSIVE: Shield depletion smashes nearby enemies with a knockdown shockwave.

ENTHRALL
Convert a target into a zealous thrall. Thralls turn on their allies and enthrall through damage. On death, they disintegrate into a damaging pillar of energy. The thrall horde remains under Revenants spell until this ability runs out.

MESMER SKIN
Become enveloped in Sentient energy, which redirects damage and stuns all those who dare attack. Stunned enemies can be Enthralled at no energy cost. 

REAVE 
Dash through enemies as a wall of Sentient energy, leeching shields and health from any encountered, enhanced for thralls.

DANSE MACABRE
Erupt with a multitude of Eidolon energy beams and sweep a circle of death around Revenant. Incoming damage is redirected to the beams. Hold fire to boost range and damage, while also increasing energy consumption. Damage type can adapt to select defenses. Thralls killed by this leave overshield pickups.*

* To invoke a more Sentient theme with Revenant, the last detail to change since past Devstream presentations is his Danse Macabre Damage. Sentients in the wild can often adapt to your attacks...so the damage output of the Danse Macabre now can adapt to certain enemy defenses!
3 special adaptations exist for the damage types of Danse Macabre: 

• Striking Armor will adapt Danse Macabre into Corrosive Damage.
  • Striking Shields will adapt Danse Macabre into Magnetic Damage.
  • Striking Infested Flesh will adapt Danse Macabre into Gas Damage.

This will be at a base 20% Status Chance, amplified by holding the default Left-Mouse Button. 

7e78be9a16f500e74d71f157bb0d5e51.jpg

PHANTASMA
Irradiate enemies with a continuous stream of deadly plasma. Charging secondary fire releases a glob of plasma that erupts with homing bomblets on impact.

6babfce88f6e1c417334021919c1bba5.jpg

VANIA HELMET
A uniquely-style alternate helmet for Revenant.

86c0296c8394e5345d6b275edf08141e.jpg
VETALA ARMOR
Make Revenant whole with his signature armor.

KASGA KAVAT ARMOR
The signature Kavat Armor of Revenant.

General Additions:

• Show your allegiance to the mighty Clem with the new Grineer Themed UI
  • Added a watermark logo to vendor screens (Baro, Master Teasonai, etc).
  • Slightly tweaked the loading spinner to increase visibility on certain backgrounds.

Frame Fighter Changes & Fixes:

• Movement is now disabled while crouching.
  • Switched Equinox's Metamorphosis FX to match the ability outside of Frame Fighter.
  • Equinox’s Night Form now gives damage reduction and Day Form now gives a Damage buff.
  • Fixed inability to invite another player to Frame Fighter due to the session being full when choosing Frame Fighter and then backing out.
  • Fixed aborting from Frame Fighter counting as a ‘Mission Failed/Quit’.
  • Fixed Excalibur Umbra’s Radial Howl not working as intended. Radial Howl now removes the opponents jump and deals damage.
  •  Removed the open chat inputs. You can still open the chat while waiting for an opponent or with the pause menu open like in normal missions
  • Fixed pause menu freezing your Warframe. 
  • You can now move, jump, and crouch using the D-Pad.
  • Fixed Chroma's special being interrupted by grab.
  • Chroma’s energy color no longer affects the damage.
  • Fixed Nyx's special dealing more damage when shot up close to the enemy
  • Added Revenant fragments the Origin System. 
  • Fixed EoM showing after leaving Frame Fighter

DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 Changes:

• Reduced memory footprint by over 2MB.
  • Made numerous micro-optimizations to CPU performance.
  • Hardened against crashes caused by corrupt shader data.

Localization Improvements:

• Updated text across a wide range of text for better consistency, syntax, terminology, and grammar.  

Fixes:

• Fixed ability to purchase Starter UI Themes that are intended to be free.
  • For those who purchased, we have reimbursed the Platinum.
  • Fixed a crash when firing the Phahd Scaffold Alt Fire.
  • Fixed lingering FX from the Phahd Scaffold Alt Fire.
  • Fixed missing ‘Hit Indicators’ for Operator Amps.
  • Fixed unscannable Kuria in the Grineer Sealab tileset by placing it in a different location.
  • Fixed an issue where default Loadouts would save localized text in the database, which could include illegal characters. Players with such a loadout would find the name displaying incorrectly when playing in other languages.
  • Fixed projectiles that have trail FX sometimes stretching wildly when they kill an enemy.
  • Fixed missing Arrow Dojo Obstacle Course Decoration. 
  • Fixed sometimes getting unintended colors on Venari  when using the Randomize feature.
  • Fixed Hok facing in the wrong direction when viewing the Zaw creation screen.
  • Fixed wonky FX when casting Mirage’s Eclipse on certain Armor Attachments.
  • Fixed some Ice Dojo Decorations having collision when ‘under construction’. 
  • Fixed offsets for several TennoGen Syandanas on Banshee Prime.
  • Fixed Ki'Teer Sekhara so it appears properly when equipped. 
  • Fixed clients not being able to hear pitch changes on remote player weapons.
  • Fixed sound spam when auto installing mods.
  • Fixed Luciferin Gogalla Plant causing camera to go into your Warframe. 
  • Fixed ejecting from a Dargyn while in flight causing it to float in the air instead of landing. 
  • Fixed Nav and Menu options taking you to unfinished rooms in your Dojo. 
  • Fixed returning to an unfinished Observatory when you launch a mission from a finished one. 
  • Fixed enemy spawn exploit in Mobile Defense.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur while loading into a mission. 
  • Fixed the Prisma Twin Gremlins not being tradeable. 
  • Fixed Prisma Twin Gremlins having incorrect damage in Conclave. 

Damn, it is Gara all over again...but worse. I hate having to do bugged and boring bounties over and over again and pray that a rare part that never drops actually drop for some miracle. Hell, I got my first Furax blueprint yesterday. That is awful. I wonder for how many months do I need to do bounties to get the rare part. Geez. 

Revenant feedback:

Enthrall: why is it capped at 4 thralls?! 4 minions does not an army-make. Casting animation's too long.

Mesmer Skin: Why can't you have it auto-enthrall attackers? There's no way in the middle of fray, we're going to see which particular faceless enemy out of the horde just got momentarily stunned for that "free enthrall cast". I get attempting to force the use of abilities together, but this is utterly pointless. Skip that step, have it auto-enthrall. Period. 

Reave: really wasn't expecting much tbh, can't be disappointed if your expectations are a whopping 0! For real though make range mods actually affect it, the current set figures are worthless. 

Danse Macabre: Looks powerful... on star chart exterminates. It's a neat principle to have the damage type adapt to the targets, but these amounts fall off very quickly. Give them some punchthrough (to hit more than the first enemy in line), or have prolonged exposure to these beams have them start to compound a percentage of damage on enemies. 

Currently the only part I enjoy about him is that you guys kept the name Revenant, instead of that 'Vlad' nonsense. I was really looking forward to this guy, too 😕

Here's to hoping he gets a lot more polish before you guys throw him to the side to collect dust. 

Feedback for Revenat

Enthrall: As others have said the 4 thralls cap is severely holding back this ability and it would benefit more from an aoe cone cast like limbo rather than a single target. Make them unkillable by friendly fire, and if need be holding down the ability button disposes of the thralls. If it's like this it will be a great ability to be had as a quick way of creating an army as is intended.

Mesmer Skin: Would be nice if you have an indicator showing which enemy is currently stunned, if not then just have it increase Revenant's threat level and auto-enthrall any enemy that hits you. And maybe have the thralls created by mesmer skin drop the overshield pickups on death rather than have it tied to a forced synergy of thralls with Danse Macabre.

Reave: Should be a really good ability but man that energy cost shackles it down. For an ability that is his main lifeline and is supposed to be used with another energy consuming ability, it makes no sense. The energy cost needs to be reduced or up revenant's base energy pool.  Otherwise everything else seems fine imo, just the energy cost and maybe buff the leeching of shields and health. And maybe enthrall any enemy that you pass through :laugh:

Danse Macabre: a really good ability and probably Revenant's only good ability. 

Passive: The life leech based on energy missing would've been really nice and preferred over the current passive. 

Piece of garbage. Two days after update, one whole day to farm every Revenant parts from the most annoying, buggy and full of AFKers missions, gaining more repoutation to be even on rank 3 in the quills and still can't even get a mask from Nakak or talk to her about it. I'm pissed af. Please fix it ASAP

On 2018-08-24 at 3:39 PM, [DE]Drew said:

EDIT: 6:25PM EST

Please Relog to be able to acquire Nakak's Mask! (and make sure you select the "Mask" dialogue option to do so)

We are aware of the missing Mask in Nakak's inventory and are investigating the cause! Looks like she forgot to update her wares in all this excitement. Thanks for your patience, Tenno. 

61cb4a6905ef705fb66fa0343591d997.jpg

Nakak has discovered a new oddity - Once you’ve reached Observer (rank 2) with the Quills, visit her in Cetus to uncover its mysterious connection with the Plains of Eidolon…

Since this is a miniquest, and therefore isn’t included in the Codex for easy tracking of steps, we’ve laid out the process below for you all. This contains spoilers for what to do in the Quest, but not for the lore contained in it -- read at your own risk!

Reveal hidden contents

Prerequisite: Rank of “Observer” or above with The Quills Syndicate. 

Step 1 - Visit Nakak in Cetus and select the “Mask” dialogue option. Purchase the Mask of the Lost One from Nakak and equip it to your Operator
You can do so straight from Cetus by going to Equipment > Operator via the ESC menu while in Operator Mode!

Step 2 - Go out into the Plains of Eidolon during the night with the mask equipped. There will be a marked area with an item for you to find -- listen to Nakak’s dialogue for hints!

Step 3 - Once you have found the item, you must return to Cetus and talk to Konzu. Using the Bounty Board, select a Bounty with a Revenant Blueprint in its droptable. Complete the Bounty until you receive the Blueprint.

Step 4 - Build the Blueprint and claim it from your Foundry.

Step 5 - Repeat steps 2 - 4.
NOTE: The Revenant part you build needs to be different than the one you completed in Step 4.

Step 6 - Return to the Plains of Eidolon with the Mask of the Lost One equipped and find the item within the marked area. After doing so, yet another marker will appear in your minimap. Search the area, find the item, and follow Nakak’s instructions.

You'll receive the Revenant Blueprint and then you’re done!

c0d0695c98bef4ee9d9351a0cc166c19.jpg

NEW WARFRAME: REVENANT
Introducing the 36th Warframe, Revenant! Afflicted by Sentient energy, Revenant rises from the shadows to prey on the weak and unwilling. 

PASSIVE: Shield depletion smashes nearby enemies with a knockdown shockwave.

ENTHRALL
Convert a target into a zealous thrall. Thralls turn on their allies and enthrall through damage. On death, they disintegrate into a damaging pillar of energy. The thrall horde remains under Revenants spell until this ability runs out.

MESMER SKIN
Become enveloped in Sentient energy, which redirects damage and stuns all those who dare attack. Stunned enemies can be Enthralled at no energy cost. 

REAVE 
Dash through enemies as a wall of Sentient energy, leeching shields and health from any encountered, enhanced for thralls.

DANSE MACABRE
Erupt with a multitude of Eidolon energy beams and sweep a circle of death around Revenant. Incoming damage is redirected to the beams. Hold fire to boost range and damage, while also increasing energy consumption. Damage type can adapt to select defenses. Thralls killed by this leave overshield pickups.*

* To invoke a more Sentient theme with Revenant, the last detail to change since past Devstream presentations is his Danse Macabre Damage. Sentients in the wild can often adapt to your attacks...so the damage output of the Danse Macabre now can adapt to certain enemy defenses!
3 special adaptations exist for the damage types of Danse Macabre: 

• Striking Armor will adapt Danse Macabre into Corrosive Damage.
  • Striking Shields will adapt Danse Macabre into Magnetic Damage.
  • Striking Infested Flesh will adapt Danse Macabre into Gas Damage.

This will be at a base 20% Status Chance, amplified by holding the default Left-Mouse Button. 

7e78be9a16f500e74d71f157bb0d5e51.jpg

PHANTASMA
Irradiate enemies with a continuous stream of deadly plasma. Charging secondary fire releases a glob of plasma that erupts with homing bomblets on impact.

6babfce88f6e1c417334021919c1bba5.jpg

VANIA HELMET
A uniquely-style alternate helmet for Revenant.

86c0296c8394e5345d6b275edf08141e.jpg
VETALA ARMOR
Make Revenant whole with his signature armor.

KASGA KAVAT ARMOR
The signature Kavat Armor of Revenant.

General Additions:

• Show your allegiance to the mighty Clem with the new Grineer Themed UI
  • Added a watermark logo to vendor screens (Baro, Master Teasonai, etc).
  • Slightly tweaked the loading spinner to increase visibility on certain backgrounds.

Frame Fighter Changes & Fixes:

• Movement is now disabled while crouching.
  • Switched Equinox's Metamorphosis FX to match the ability outside of Frame Fighter.
  • Equinox’s Night Form now gives damage reduction and Day Form now gives a Damage buff.
  • Fixed inability to invite another player to Frame Fighter due to the session being full when choosing Frame Fighter and then backing out.
  • Fixed aborting from Frame Fighter counting as a ‘Mission Failed/Quit’.
  • Fixed Excalibur Umbra’s Radial Howl not working as intended. Radial Howl now removes the opponents jump and deals damage.
  •  Removed the open chat inputs. You can still open the chat while waiting for an opponent or with the pause menu open like in normal missions
  • Fixed pause menu freezing your Warframe. 
  • You can now move, jump, and crouch using the D-Pad.
  • Fixed Chroma's special being interrupted by grab.
  • Chroma’s energy color no longer affects the damage.
  • Fixed Nyx's special dealing more damage when shot up close to the enemy
  • Added Revenant fragments the Origin System. 
  • Fixed EoM showing after leaving Frame Fighter

DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 Changes:

• Reduced memory footprint by over 2MB.
  • Made numerous micro-optimizations to CPU performance.
  • Hardened against crashes caused by corrupt shader data.

Localization Improvements:

• Updated text across a wide range of text for better consistency, syntax, terminology, and grammar.  

Fixes:

• Fixed a crash when firing the Phahd Scaffold Alt Fire.
  • Fixed lingering FX from the Phahd Scaffold Alt Fire.
  • Fixed missing ‘Hit Indicators’ for Operator Amps.
  • Fixed unscannable Kuria in the Grineer Sealab tileset by placing it in a different location.
  • Fixed an issue where default Loadouts would save localized text in the database, which could include illegal characters. Players with such a loadout would find the name displaying incorrectly when playing in other languages.
  • Fixed projectiles that have trail FX sometimes stretching wildly when they kill an enemy.
  • Fixed missing Arrow Dojo Obstacle Course Decoration. 
  • Fixed sometimes getting unintended colors on Venari  when using the Randomize feature.
  • Fixed Hok facing in the wrong direction when viewing the Zaw creation screen.
  • Fixed wonky FX when casting Mirage’s Eclipse on certain Armor Attachments.
  • Fixed some Ice Dojo Decorations having collision when ‘under construction’. 
  • Fixed offsets for several TennoGen Syandanas on Banshee Prime.
  • Fixed Ki'Teer Sekhara so it appears properly when equipped. 
  • Fixed clients not being able to hear pitch changes on remote player weapons.
  • Fixed sound spam when auto installing mods.
  • Fixed Luciferin Gogalla Plant causing camera to go into your Warframe. 
  • Fixed ejecting from a Dargyn while in flight causing it to float in the air instead of landing. 
  • Fixed Nav and Menu options taking you to unfinished rooms in your Dojo. 
  • Fixed returning to an unfinished Observatory when you launch a mission from a finished one. 
  • Fixed enemy spawn exploit in Mobile Defense.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur while loading into a mission. 
  • Fixed the Prisma Twin Gremlins not being tradeable. 
  • Fixed Prisma Twin Gremlins having incorrect damage in Conclave. 

Looks like I am still just as poor, so I guess I will put in a ticket. 😕

Can anyone clarify what are considered the "Starter UI Themes" just to be sure?

@[DE]Drew

Anything that was purchasable regarding the UI or is this reference to a specific bit? I bought everything sellable, and complained about charging us to alpha test stuff for them on these forums. that was a while back and they never said anything. I wonder if they are going to get to keep some good money (stuff that they wanted to sell most likely, did someone kick up a big fuss?) from a percentage of those that did so.

21 hours ago, NecromancerX69 said:

I just max level it and left him in the closet with Atlas, Ember and other useless warframes.

I am honestly glad that I am not the only one who feels like Ember is now just a slot-filler.
The nerf has made her revive-fodder on high end missions, while Saryn took her place.
I love my Saryn, but I loved Ember too.

Loved as in... before she became a fizzling fire cracker after the nerf.

Archived