Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mask of the Revenant: Update 23.5.0

[DE]Drew

52 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Nah, i don't agree, he is really really weak!

He is potentially a great tank, what have you fellas been doing? cast 1 enthrall cast 2 and play fairly aggressive, we stood in mid of lvl 150's meditating for whole duration of his 1 without getting touched....

il y a 32 minutes, Vadermage a dit :

He is potentially a great tank, what have you fellas been doing? cast 1 enthrall cast 2 and play fairly aggressive, we stood in mid of lvl 150's meditating for whole duration of his 1 without getting touched....

Because people don't want a high tier meta frame (when half of the player base is not even reaching lvl 90 ennemies in survival) they want a fun frame, and they want the one they saw in the devstreams with the minion army, not this :[

7 hours ago, Maryph said:

Because people don't want a high tier meta frame (when half of the player base is not even reaching lvl 90 ennemies in survival) they want a fun frame, and they want the one they saw in the devstreams with the minion army, not this :[

While the minion army thing is amazing, I feel like as if Nyx should be the one doing that sort of stuff since her powers mainly focus around mind control but hey, it is what it is. Im still waiting for a fix to Rev's 1, 2 and 3 tho  cus those abilities are seriously lacking.

6 hours ago, xDrDevilx368 said:

my revenant quest is bugged and I cannot complete because nakak told me to see konzu after the first location

After the first part, you have to farm and build, or just build the parts to continue the Quest. The Quest just don’t give us clear instructions.

Revenant:

Hey so just a suggestion on Revenant's 4th ability. Would there be any way for you to let us control the angle of his beams? Right now they angle downward and move randomly a little but up and down. It would be neat if you let us hold the Right Mouse Button to change the angle. Holding the button will make the beams go up or down to give the ability more control over where he is able to damage his opponents, right now they have to either be really close to him, or below him to take most of the damage from the ability.

Also, would you let us jump while in his 4? Falling off of platforms and not being able to get back up tends to get semi annoying. 

Anyway, thank you for the new frame, I know there are several bugs that you're working hard on fixing. (One of which might be with Reave not giving the right numbers of health back)

As I play more, I find more interesting nuggets.

DE is obviously throwing a lot of effort at melee 3.0.  I say this because the channeling mod is now broken.  Visually and in effect.  I guess this confirms that they're working on something to address the new system....maybe something that can be shared before you break the toys we've already got...please.

Revenant is an interesting concept, but it seems like it was nerfed into the ground before release.  Stats are all better than average, but the abilities are pretty lackluster.  1 limited to 4 is a joke when hordes often times quintuple that, 2 runs dry before it can really let you use your armor and shields, 3 is Hydroid but somehow infinitely worse despite leeching power, and the fourth ability is interesting assuming that there isn't a nullifier in the same zip code.  Otherwise it's free damage for enemies inside a bubble.  This reeks of compromise at the last minute to not release an OP frame.  Hopefully there's some balancing.

The "random" riven mods fallacy is a joke.  Statistically I've gotten about 100 mods, about 40% are melee, and 7 of them are for the b.a.l.l.a.  I space that out because the profanity filter somehow doesn't allow it, including naming a zaw after its own components.  Maybe a bit of thought here might have helped...  Statistically that's insane.  Barring going into the math, that's lottery winner levels of statistically improbable unless there's a weighted algorithm pumping out the results...  Just saying.

Finally, a lack of patching is getting to be frustrating.  One of the new amp pieces still doesn't work as described.  While it's nice to have a machine gun, it being limited to the same pool of energy designed for a shotgun, rifle, and grenade launcher (low fire rate, high damage) is just frustrating.  Hopefully a review of this will mean a rebuild of the shotgun.

So, the ball is in the developers' court.  There's a lot to address, and no communication.  Two days after a Friday release (and subsequent desperate patch seminar), and there's nothing.  Almost spooky.  Hopefully there's something soon.

Thanks for the patch.

Got a Problem though 😞

I bought the Mask, gone to the Plains, found the first appearance of Revenant. Nothing happened further, got no Blueprint. But the Blueprints for the Parts now show up in the Bounty Board. 

Did I miss something or where do we get the Warframe Blueprint?

take the 1st ability limit and throw it out the door so what nyx already needs to be BUFFED so do it don't say oh we want nyx to be relevant because she is really not right now not until you put a buff out for her so don't make revenant first ability basicly useless in any scenario except for soloing misson's and who solos missons expect spies. although his fourth is fine not too op not too weak just perfect

3 hours ago, StevenX1981 said:

Why are people trolling suggesting the new shotgun laser is anything other than a top tier weapon? Even the slightest testing would disprove most of the stuff said about it other than it not having infinite ammo like most guns in this game.

I actually love the new shotgun. May not be top tier but it's still strong, if you are desperate for ammo, there is nothing pizzas can't fix or even Carrier.

il y a 50 minutes, Thormgrim a dit :

Gracias por el parche

Tengo un problema, 😞

Compré la máscara, fui a las llanuras, encontré la primera aparición de Revenant. No pasó nada más, no obtuvo Blueprint. Pero los Blueprints for the Parts ahora aparecen en Bounty Board. 

¿Me perdí algo o dónde obtenemos el Plan Warframe?

Hello, i have the same problem 😞

Just had the experience of a Revenant joining an Jupiter / Io Defense (30 waves) yesterday evening. He did what Ember used to do. Dance around and kill stuff while not caring about the rest. Player him/herself was cool, ability was not as s/he coould dance around for around 1 1/2 dozen waves before Revenant had to recharge. Energy color was light blue and even that got hard onto the eyes after a while. Please consider a rework of his 4, and / or a rework of Ember's kit while you're at it.

Hello! Really disappointed to see another warframe with only one viable ability. But what is more this ability is press X to win. Some players may remember a few years ago strategy to destroy everything with Banshee and Trinity in party. Of course now you cannot replenish energy via many sources, but - hear it out - 3 Revenants and 1 Limbo will destroy this game. While one Rev spinning and winning the others waiting in rift for a full energy. As you are able to damage through the rift with abilities everything will die without any risk.

Devs. Please. Make Revenant more fun than OP. He has potential to be really interesting to play with. No one want to HAVE to play with warframe that is just the most useful. I have just remember Atlas. Not fun (after few fights of punching things), not useful and even boring. It is your work, why not make it good and interesting. If the problem is hidden in balance between frames there are even more questions for example what is with Ember and Nix, than is not there a problem with Nidus?

3 hours ago, Thormgrim said:

Thanks for the patch.

Got a Problem though 😞

I bought the Mask, gone to the Plains, found the first appearance of Revenant. Nothing happened further, got no Blueprint. But the Blueprints for the Parts now show up in the Bounty Board. 

Did I miss something or where do we get the Warframe Blueprint?

Go to where the Hydrolyst and Gauntlyst can be summoned.

Look to the East, for a glowing blog along the shore.

Dialog ensues.

Open map, find next white ring, find next blob, repeat.

5 hours ago, StevenX1981 said:

Why are people trolling suggesting the new shotgun laser is anything other than a top tier weapon? Even the slightest testing would disprove most of the stuff said about it other than it not having infinite ammo like most guns in this game.

I get the Tigris Prime, for huge burst and burst DPS.  With elements, it's great.

I get the Kohm.  With a good riven, it's 100% status on each pellet and absolutely beastly.

I even get the Strun Wraith.  Elemental, unique loading, and that sweet mix of ok crit and good elemental damage.

I don't like the Phantasma after 3 forma (3 V's).  The beam mechanics mean you need to burn through 2-3 ammo just to get the stream full size.  The arc on the secondary fire is just nuts, and coupling it with self damage offers a huge chance for suicide.  Moreover, ammo consumption is nuts, and even a carrier can't support it in a 10 round defense at level 30.  I was glad that I'd brought a Marelok and a melee weapon.

If all you want is raw damage and status from point blank, the Phantasma is great.  Outclassed by the Tigris and even the Drakgoon, but I can even see why people might like it.  The hate comes from the huge trade-offs.  Not acknowledging them is an issue, especially when some minor tweaks to the mechanics would make this weapon truly shine.

22 hours ago, Maryph said:

Fair point, I personally don't watch devstreams since I want to be surprised, and I can agree he is half boring in low tiers since that 4th of his makes you push it as soon as you are full on energy and we all know how boring it is to just watch same animation over and over again, and this one is like epidemy of epilepsy...

Revenant Warframe:

The only issue i have with him is that he is not able to aim his 4th ability "Danse Macabre".

I would prefer for his ability to be aimed once activated and to spin when boosted. That would give him a way better playstyle.

For example: With a Nox as an enemy you can just stay aimed and when there is crowed you just boost and spin. That would make him a nice mix between Nyx and Mesa.

All of the above is IMHO.

Sir... You are unfortunately wrong. The random number generator was on your side today: it isn't that way for everyone-you were LUCKY.

On 2018-08-27 at 11:50 PM, MrMysticalPotato said:

Nah. I did 4 runs and got all 3 parts. Easy peasy. None of the parts are rare.

Stop complaining before you've even tried. Also the bounties aren't bugged anymore.

Easy peasy, that is great for you. I on the other hand got the systems in one try, the chassis in eleven tries, and I have run the top level mission-you know, the one where Revenant's Neuroptics are listed as a possible drop in the section RARE?-I've run that one FORTY THREE times already without getting a helmet. I got eighty wisps so far but not yet a helmet. So... no reason to be dismissive of the frustrations of others as if it is just 'easy peasy', bah.

Also, the bounties are still QUITE bugged. If you don't get all your party members to the door within seconds of selecting the mission, the mission often just detaches from you when you enter the plains and suddenly it just load you a mission-free free-roam session and you have to go all the way back inside to start it again. I suppose it has only happened several times across my fifty plus missions so far to get him-that is definitely better odds than before, but it's far from "fixed". You probably didn't had time to notice that recurrent issue on your four runs. GG on being lucky today and all.

Archived