Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There MIGHT be more Mastery Ranks than we think

Aeronark

So i like me some out of the map glitches, and i tried finding one in the new Strata relay on Earth. Well i have succeeded (wont be showing how to do that here) and ive found something interesting.

Have a look.

Capture4.PNG

There are 4 more rooms after the MR28-30, each filled with 3 MR test spots. The last one seems to be missing floor for some reason.

Capture5.PNG

This is the wall disconnecting these last few rooms from the other MR rooms. The left pillar seems to be in the way quite a bit.

Capture6.PNG

Theories:

1. More MRs - now i could go ahead and just throw this as the answer, but honestly, i don't think this is true. It will take probably about 3-4 more years until we can finally reach MR30 and having 12 more mastery ranks after that would be completely stupid. It would take probably about 15 years to get that much content into the game, based on that, i don't think this is the right reason for the existance of these rooms.
  2. Lining up the spiral of the rooms - This seems like its the reason for this to exist, the roof im standing on in the picture 1 and 3, is the roof of the main entrance, the 1st MR rooms starts leveled with this room, having  the ceiling touch the ceiling, the last room (as you can easily see in picture 3) ends with the floor lined up to the roof of the entrance room. Meaning that its probably only there because they were lining up the spiral of the rooms, but then again, why didn't they stretch the MR1-30 test rooms from bottom to top and why did they leave the last 4 rooms unused. Why not just delete them when they serve no purpose.
  3. Maybe we will have some sort of badges on the side of the MR system - idk this is purely just an idea. Maybe we would have these like badges, you would earn one for doing some sort of a requirement, like "do 100 sorties" or whatever. But ye i don't think this is right so im not going to elaborate on this

Overall i think that the 2nd theory is correct and its just there because they were lining up the spiral and they left it there for no reason, blocked off.

Thanks for reading!

Edit: aparentelly these have been in other relays, though i never found them because i couldn't find a way to get out of the map in the normal relays.

Edited by Aeronark
added "edit"

I think they could just be an additional mastery system that they can introduce after mr30. They would have to do something anyway since a lot of people farm and buy items just to get MR. A lot of them still would do the same but more incentive is always good for DE's revenue.

Edited by Praxxor

I imagine those extra mastery test stuff are placeholders for when we reach the maximum MR in the future, like you said in the first theory. As for the second, they may serve a purpose one day and is just there to be there for now. We do already have mastery sigils though, unless you're talking about emblems.

A good post.

2 hours ago, wtfbomb153 said:

I imagine those extra mastery test stuff are placeholders for when we reach the maximum MR in the future, like you said in the first theory. As for the second, they may serve a purpose one day and is just there to be there for now. We do already have mastery sigils though, unless you're talking about emblems.

A good post.

That's what i thought too, but well it makes sense that MR only goes to 30, since that's the max lvl of everything, and well, we already have the achievements in the game for reaching MRs, max being 30. I don't know, maybe, though MR30 still seems so distant, probably will take about 3-4 years to get to the point of being able to reach MR30. That's why i think its not additional MR, but i could sure as hell be wrong.

I toss this up there with the 4 floor pods in the Void Demon room in our ship- something that will happen one day...many moons from now. I hope it is not as antiC as the music room was for me.

I am looking forward to with the Railjack, that the rest of the Relays top floors get opened up. Let us use them areas for ship customization and differing models that do something different in battle. 

Now if only we could get into the Apothecary back room that is on the map with no access point...I want to use those Alt Frames as either Specters or Version 2.0 we can craft somehow. Those Orchid crawling skins were my favorite.

Cheers

I toss this up there with the 4 floor pods in the Void Demon room in our ship- something that will happen one day...many moons from now. I hope it is not as antiC as the music room was for me.

I am looking forward to with the Railjack, that the rest of the Relays top floors get opened up. Let us use them areas for ship customization and differing models that do something different in battle. 

Now if only we could get into the Apothecary back room that is on the map with no access point...I want to use those Alt Frames as either Specters or Version 2.0 we can craft somehow. Those Orchid crawling skins were my favorite.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Aeronark said:

That's what i thought too, but well it makes sense that MR only goes to 30, since that's the max lvl of everything, and well, we already have the achievements in the game for reaching MRs, max being 30. I don't know, maybe, though MR30 still seems so distant, probably will take about 3-4 years to get to the point of being able to reach MR30. That's why i think its not additional MR, but i could sure as hell be wrong.

when players start hitting MR30, Warframe 2 will be released?

20 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Cheers

Hey! Im interested in what you called "apothecary room", where would this be located exactly?

4 hours ago, Aeronark said:

Hey! Im interested in what you called "apothecary room", where would this be located exactly?

If you go to the Earth tileset and find the Silver Grove, there is a small room that shows on the map....yet there is no way that my friends and I have of getting into it. It is towards the back wall near the waterfall.

Has been a while since I have checked into it as been doing other random stuff in game to play and escape life. 

If anyone has gotten into that room, let us know how you did it.

They could just be planning for the future. maybe not more mastery rank tests but something new entirely for a new system for everyone to do after they hit mastery rank 30. I don't see them going past that cause if they did you would have an insane amount of extra mod slot polarities to use with modding.

I'm willing to bet that DE would go with some sort of alternate progression besides MR. MR grinding gets pretty boring well before you even hit MR20, so once you've hit MR30, and then you find out there's still more?!?!? - Well, you're not likely to feel enthused.

If, however, there's an alternate form of progression unique from "leveling weapons to gain more MR" progression, that would be more interesting.

On 2018-09-03 at 6:41 PM, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

If you go to the Earth tileset and find the Silver Grove, there is a small room that shows on the map....yet there is no way that my friends and I have of getting into it. It is towards the back wall near the waterfall.

Has been a while since I have checked into it as been doing other random stuff in game to play and escape life. 

If anyone has gotten into that room, let us know how you did it.

Yeah, a friend of mine showed my how to get out of the map in said grineer forest tileset, i can show you if you are interested and there should be a way of travelling all the way thru the lvl if you bring titania.

18 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I'm willing to bet that DE would go with some sort of alternate progression besides MR. MR grinding gets pretty boring well before you even hit MR20, so once you've hit MR30, and then you find out there's still more?!?!? - Well, you're not likely to feel enthused.

If, however, there's an alternate form of progression unique from "leveling weapons to gain more MR" progression, that would be more interesting.

yeah, i think that would be interesting, some sort of like bagdes you get for doing certain tasks