Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Nezha Revisited

[DE]Connor

nezha is my 2nd most used frame, it's my go-to speed run frame, so as u can imagine i use nezha quite a lot.
in all honesty fire walker is 1 of the most useless abilities in the game! i never use it and if i see a nezha use it, it's mostly just for giggles or just cause "it looks cool"...
in my humble opinion u need to just remove this ability and give nezha a better ability instead. now idk much about other nezha users but personally i always wnated to wield a fire ring as an exalted glave that would have been awesome!

so in my opinion:
-while u did made fire walker better it's still overall a very mediocre ability that should be removed.
-the chakram was changed nicely, i actually wnated it to have this kinda function that tap will cause it to quickly hit enemies and charge will cause nezha to power throw it forward. though i hope that in open world u can throw it several hundreds of meters away so u can move around quickly in open world too, which would make sense, since nezha is a speed frame.
about that orb thing though, i think u should have just increased the range on the pulse and have it give energy.
-now the synergy that i think most nezha players wnated (me included) is that the healing pulse from the chakram could heal the halo. that would have made so much sense and such a good synergy. i mean what's the point in being able to heal health if nezha's survivability depends on the halo which can't be healed? i'm not sure about that 90% reduction but i guess i'll just have to play it and see for myself.
-i do like the explosion and invulnerability nezha gets when the halo is destroyed that's such a great addition.
-the change to divine spears is good too, the 2nd animation was so annoying canceling reload and other actions.

all in all i think fire walker should be removed, all the other abilities go down a tier (but keep those changes, they don't deserve a nerf) and have and exalted glave for his 4th which makes healing pulses when enemies r killed by it (each pulse is weaker and has less range than the pulse of the chakram).

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

More feedback

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, although

the return from damage being taken is pretty low.

This is definitely not the case the return is huge now it just doesn't make much of a difference beyond a certain point because it doesn't mitigate 100% damage anymore. It's effectively a timer for when the ability runs out now. It's particularly unreliable in getting returned health from damage due to being a short window of time and relying on enemy action.

little side request... could we please not have our abilities reset if we fall of the map....

I'd agree with this as long as it comes with the condition that all abilities are either recastable or decastable by default. I cliff jump to recast fairly often. Which is strangely necessary.

But yeah agreed on the rest.

8 minutes ago, Sasuda said:

This is definitely not the case the return is huge now it just doesn't make much of a difference beyond a certain point because it doesn't mitigate 100% damage anymore. It's effectively a timer for when the ability runs out now. It's particularly unreliable in getting returned health from damage due to being a short window of time and relying on enemy action.

In all honesty it doesn't seem that high to me from my 'testing', but then I suppose it could be down to the enemy some are pretty poor shots or don't have fast enough fire rates to ramp it up.... 

2 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

Not gonna happen, everything bounces off frost's snow globe

How is it forcing synergy? Because you need to self sustain yourself now? As DE said, "why heal or CC when I never take any damage?

EVERYTHING gets wiped out when they touch a nullifier bubble. It's not a stack-based ability nor is it similar to Nidus passive, keyword - passive. 

Divine spears was never a damage ability in the first place. It was always purely CC with some damage added on top. The range is fine, increase it with range mods but a smaller radius benefits the synergy with chakram

If IIRC this is something more to do with the game code since it resets your position, therefore resetting everything.

Lots of abilities can pass through snowglobe like Mesa's bullets from peacemaker. It's the fact that it's a projectile and a physical barrier that make it deflect, it's not something desirable for using the charkram in any case and removing the collision is definitely possible. Making frames play together nicely by having abilities intentionally react together of otherwise are changes DE makes regularly. Given enough request it's likely they'd allow for it to pass through.

"Because you need to self sustain yourself now?" Precisely, you need to rely on Blazing Chakram now. If a synergy is good it doesn't make you need to use 2 abilities together, it makes using both abilities together more useful than using them independently. Both abilities should be independently useful though. Now that Blazing Chakram doubles damage and deals a reasonable amount and drops energy orbs it actually could stand on it's own well enough. As for, "why heal or CC when I never take any damage?" , This was entirely wrong in the first place. The burst heal actually was quite handy, just obnoxious to use because of it's tiny range, lack of indication, and Nezha's bottom level health pool.

The fact it's Nidus's passive doesn't really mean much, Saryn's spore damage & spores doesn't disappear same with many abilities which are not directly tied to frames. Nullifyers should be changed to prevent abilities affects not decast them. This has bothered many players for a long time, since it affects certain frames way more than others.

Divine Spears like all of Nezha's abilities, is a hybrid ability. It does alright damage and Ok CC. The point was because it does neither especially well it's in a spot similar to radial Javelin where it could use a little more of a tilt to either CC or damage to make it actually worthwhile for it's cost. He suggesting adding a slightly higher base range which I completely agree with to give a slight edge of a CC focus. Otherwise it ends up as one of the lower level CC abilities as it cannot add new enemies, damage, or otherwise during it's duration. would probably be fine as a 2nd or 3rd ability but underwhelming for it's cost as a 4th.

Everything has to do with the games code. Just because it resets position doesn't mean it  has to reset everything. /unstuck does not reset abilities.

21 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

In all honesty it doesn't seem that high to me from my 'testing', but then I suppose it could be down to the enemy some are pretty poor shots or don't have fast enough fire rates to ramp it up.... 

Some of my builds get around 10x what they used to on returns. It's just a matter of a lack of control over it, being completely dependent on enemies is a real pain. Sometimes I'll get massive Halo health other times I'll be sitting and get nothing. Never been a fan of jump into the horde and sit still for a minute effect. My suggestion was to allow some ability damage to apply to Halo while it's building so that Nezha's own CC doesn't work against him. But the best suggestion I've seen was a few posts back here. My summary so far including that is this big post.

So far I've taken nezha out again for a spin in the starchart and feels more playable than before, still how the heck should i read warding Halo indicator??? The counter doesn't give an immediately useful information: it's damage absorbed? why not instead show the remaining health of the defense??

1 hour ago, Ikusias said:

So far I've taken nezha out again for a spin in the starchart and feels more playable than before, still how the heck should i read warding Halo indicator??? The counter doesn't give an immediately useful information: it's damage absorbed? why not instead show the remaining health of the defense?? 

Because it is kind of both... it's showing your 'damage absorbed' after it's been cast which then acts like a countdown before it goes 'pop'.  While you have a number showing you have the 90% damage reduction etc. 

Rework? This sounds more like a nerf to me.. railroading it to become something he will never ever be, yeah you can synergy mods and muh health drops, but whats the point of it, if at high levels not even your energy/health drops will save you

This is really lazy, i'm dissapointed, it's like "Here guys, he can now be wrecked even during his warding halo, has slightly quicker animations" and thats about it lol... ah yeah, and new sound (yay so excited [not])

I got gifted that skin but with these lazy changes, i'd just rather have a way to sell it or refund it for half the price they paid for it

On 2018-09-07 at 1:12 PM, Isis_ChanTM said:

Since this is actually going to be quite a meh rework at best I thought it would be good to explain a few points 

While the QOL changes for his 1 and 2 are quite nice, and my only major concern with these is if his fire trail duration will be shorter overall (you can get quite a bit of passive CC going with his 1 if you run around fast enough) His nerfed 3 will sadly have me retire him from use in it's current state.

Now this is not such a major nerf that it would warrant me calling this frame dead, It would still be quite useful if not for the ring STILL having HP on top of this, and quite a small pool at that. 90% DR for 1000 damage is laughable even at mid star chart levels, and indeed it would seem that the utility that the team would get from his 3 before this nerf is all but gone with it. The reason given gave me quite the laugh

• Because his heal is bad
  • Because his CC is mediocre at best
  • The damage his ring could absorb was still very small once you start going past level 80 or so, It might give you a shot or 2 extra of survivability 
  • Being able to save the entire team from a small mistake was at least in some part useful when going for longer runs 

There is no "healing" in the higher levels, everything will oneshot you and CC is king

In lower level content his 3 would make you basically unkillable, but the same could be said for ANY frame that could disarm or give damage resistance.

Why not just nerf bless so it only takes 400 damage before stopping? (this is not a suggestion btw)

His other abilities are mostly fine except for

While this is actually quite nice for nezha himself, this nerfs the healing potential of the ring by about 10X. I would suggest keeping the pulse and the health orbs as a bonus.

Quite a good QOL change overall, although the ability itself is still going to be worthless in the void with ancients around.

Exactly how i feel, now nezha is dead for me, sadly i even got gifted the nice looking skin, skin that i might never use lol

Loving the rework! I was skeptical about the 90% reduction instead of the nice round 100%, but it works great. The other changes are great, too.

One thing, though, is that I feel like the initial cast animation for Divine Spears is almost too fast, now. The faster/different casts for fire walker and warding halo are much appreciated though.

Some things I have noticed:
1) Firewalker: I think this needs to be changed back to toggle. If people were complaining about running out of energy, perhaps the energy cost was a bit too high? Add a mechanic to it that lets you manage the energy usage instead.

2)  Blazing Chakram: This is a really good idea, and is almost there.
- To start, the range on this ability needs to be MUCH MUCH MUCH longer to use it for teleporting.
- It needs to seek enemies better.
- Cast time is still too long, needs to be insta cast, and doable during any action.
- Instead of just blinking to the new spot, the player should transform into a ball of flame and rush to the teleported location. From the player point of view, the screen kinda rushes forward. Like a timewarp/leap forward. Also picture what happens when you turn on a flame thrower. I hope I am painting the picture well enough.
- When you arrive at the teleported location, you should be put in an animation state that allows instant melee or shooting. Not in the air and dropping to the ground.
- I find that I often outrun my chakram. Kinda awkward. Should be a faster moving.

The other two abilities seem ok for now, I think the two points listed above are all I need.

11 hours ago, LSG501 said:

It's forcing synergy because the idea is now to use chakram to get health via highlighting and killing the enemies, which is now a necessity because we now take damage due to the change to 90% on warding halo

Not really though. While there is that channel in place, constant Chakram tagging is not a requirement to keep Nezha healthy. With just two mods (Vitality and Steel Fiber) Nezha gets 925 Health and over 350 Armor, which is better than several other frames that be considered off-tanks. Combine that with a beefy DR and his abundant CC and he has awesome sustain without spamming 2. You can take any kind of healing (Life Strike, Healing Return, Wings of Purity, a squadmate, Rejuvenation, Medi-Ray, etc), ignore 2 if you want, and do just fine.

But I mean, now it's pretty beneficial to use Chakram for more than just a heal, because tagged targets take double damage at base. So why wouldn't you want to use the skill?

The rework feels great. The vulnerability and increased chance to drop energy orbs makes me want to use chakram all the time. The throw range feels shallow in open areas and the teleport still seems inconsistent and difficult to intentionally activate. It's still very fun, though.

Divine Spears not interrupting you anymore if you let it expire is more than welcome.

I'm still getting used to Fire Walker having a duration, but being able to refresh it while active makes this a lot easier.

The only real issue I'm having is with the duration on the invulnerability when Warding Halo drops.

On 2018-09-12 at 2:41 PM, [DE]Megan said:

When the health of the Warding Halo runs out, it will do an AoE heat status effect and give you a short period of invulnerability.

• Why? This gives the player precious time to react, helping survivability while controlling the enemies immediately around you. Your next Warding Halo can be recast during this window to ensure you’re always protected! 

Having exactly 1 second to recast the ward during this window does not ensure you're always protected. A 2 second window would be necessary to allow adequate time to react, especially given server latency.

20 hours ago, LSG501 said:

It's forcing synergy because the idea is now to use chakram to get health via highlighting and killing the enemies, which is now a necessity because we now take damage due to the change to 90% on warding halo.  Chakram didn't really have a use before hand because we didn't really need the health when we weren't taking damage.  It literally feels like a change to make another ability 'useful'. 

My issue with nullifiers probably could have been worded better, I didn't mean rhino didn't get wiped out in the same way as nezha, I meant I'd like other abilities like rhino iron skin to not be wiped out as well. I'll edit the original post for clarity. Still doesn't change the fact that there is no reason why it needs to be fully wiped out in one go when DE can clearly change the code to remove an amount like they did with nidus. 

As I said about divine spears, something isn't working right then if it is aimed at being crowd control, in my experience it doesn't seem to be grabbing all enemies so as a cc ability you can easily argue it's not doing it's job properly. 

Then maybe they should change the code a bit... it's not like we don't have 'out of map areas' which are clearly no issue for us to get out of or anything...it does get a little annoying, especially if you just slide off the map due to nezha's reduced friction.

Spoiler

I don't see the problem, A one-handed action ability that doesn't hinder movement isn't hard to use. Other frames spam their abilities in the same way. Maybe the point of making warding halo have a 90% dmg reduction was to make chakram a necessity, idk it might feel forced to you but 90% dmg reduction might be a nerf but it is in no way bad since alot of other frames have the same and do very well. 

I doubt DE is going to change nullifiers from instantly decasting abilities, otherwise they wouldn't be a threat . I just feel that they should lower the damage cap, there's already the drone that you can destroy to instantly take down the shield and why are you running into nullifier shields when you know you have a protective ability on?

Divine spears do hit everything in its radius. I can easily argue that it is doing its job properly. You're probably running into a bug if you're not hitting all the enemies in the radius of the divine spears or your range is insufficient (which it shouldn't be since the base range is good)

But there is clearly out of map areas, it's annoying but don't expect a change to something that's really very minor.

17 hours ago, Sasuda said:

Lots of abilities can pass through snowglobe like Mesa's bullets from peacemaker. It's the fact that it's a projectile and a physical barrier that make it deflect, it's not something desirable for using the charkram in any case and removing the collision is definitely possible. Making frames play together nicely by having abilities intentionally react together of otherwise are changes DE makes regularly. Given enough request it's likely they'd allow for it to pass through.

"Because you need to self sustain yourself now?" Precisely, you need to rely on Blazing Chakram now. If a synergy is good it doesn't make you need to use 2 abilities together, it makes using both abilities together more useful than using them independently. Both abilities should be independently useful though. Now that Blazing Chakram doubles damage and deals a reasonable amount and drops energy orbs it actually could stand on it's own well enough. As for, "why heal or CC when I never take any damage?" , This was entirely wrong in the first place. The burst heal actually was quite handy, just obnoxious to use because of it's tiny range, lack of indication, and Nezha's bottom level health pool.

The fact it's Nidus's passive doesn't really mean much, Saryn's spore damage & spores doesn't disappear same with many abilities which are not directly tied to frames. Nullifyers should be changed to prevent abilities affects not decast them. This has bothered many players for a long time, since it affects certain frames way more than others.

Divine Spears like all of Nezha's abilities, is a hybrid ability. It does alright damage and Ok CC. The point was because it does neither especially well it's in a spot similar to radial Javelin where it could use a little more of a tilt to either CC or damage to make it actually worthwhile for it's cost. He suggesting adding a slightly higher base range which I completely agree with to give a slight edge of a CC focus. Otherwise it ends up as one of the lower level CC abilities as it cannot add new enemies, damage, or otherwise during it's duration. would probably be fine as a 2nd or 3rd ability but underwhelming for it's cost as a 4th.

Everything has to do with the games code. Just because it resets position doesn't mean it  has to reset everything. /unstuck does not reset abilities.

Comparing a projectile weapon with travel time like chakram to Mesa's hitscan aimbotting isn't really saying much. Obviously, there are exceptions but those abilities aren't limited to the projectile priority. If DE wanted to change frost snow globe to act like that, they would've done it already since it's been a change people wanted for a long time. So it's unlikely that it's going to happen. 

I don't understand, you say if the synergy is good it doesn't make you need to use 2 abilities together but still, it makes using both abilities together more useful than using them independently. So either way, no matter which way you slice it,  you're still going to use the 2 abilities together.... And blazing chakram and warding halo can stand on their own. Actually, they don't even have a synergy. Using b.chakram is no different than using desecrate on nekros, only thing is you have to kill the enemy to get the health orb. And you just pointed out the reasons why they change from the burst heal to health orbs and you cannot deny, it is a good change. Health orbs are there for indefinite periods of times, it can support allies and let's mention the synergy with equilibrium which allows for ez energy and health conversion that stacks armor on top of nezha and providing more health for warding halo. Say what you want but a good change is a good change.

Divine spears is a very good CC ability though. If you want to add more enemies you can end it early, the energy cost is negligent if you're running equilibrium + flow/p.flow. It's hardly in the same spot as radial javelin. R.Javelin is a damage ability that doesn't do its job. Where Divine spears is a good CC ability that has synergy with b.chakram now.

Surely you don't think that the reason they reset everything is to prevent something... And I can't remember but i'm sure it wasn't always like that, if they changed it then there's a reason that you nor I don't know.

I don't see the problem, A one-handed action ability that doesn't hinder movement isn't hard to use. Other frames spam their abilities in the same way. Maybe the point of making warding halo have a 90% dmg reduction was to make chakram a necessity, idk it might feel forced to you but 90% dmg reduction might be a nerf but it is in no way bad since alot of other frames have the same and do very well.  

I doubt DE is going to change nullifiers from instantly decasting abilities, otherwise they wouldn't be a threat . I just feel that they should lower the damage cap, there's already the drone that you can destroy to instantly take down the shield and why are you running into nullifier shields when you know you have a protective ability on?

Divine spears do hit everything in its radius. I can easily argue that it is doing its job properly. You're probably running into a bug if you're not hitting all the enemies in the radius of the divine spears or your range is insufficient (which it shouldn't be since the base range is good) 

But there is clearly out of map areas, it's annoying but don't expect a change to something that's really very minor.

I'm not saying chakram is a problem per se, it's more a case of it feels like the changes were done to warding halo give chakram a reason to be used rather than making chakram benefit warding halo by refilling the counter on it while being 100% protection for example.  Both have synergy but one doesn't require 'nerfing' another (remember some of still feel this 90% is a nerf) just to give another ability it's synergy.

I doubt they'll change nullifiers either, still doesn't mean we can't keep trying to get it changed :).  As to the drone... yeah that's still buggy as hell, often as not you hit it perfectly and it takes no damage because it's 'protected' by the nullifier bubble which is below it... then there's times when it's position is behind the nullifier rather than on top of it like it's supposed to be.  It's been like it since release.  Then there's the nullifier 'bug' where it doesn't take any damage from bullets, which is usually down to a poor host.  Nullifiers basically need to be looked at imo. 

Divine spears, I literally watched an enemy not get speared yesterday, three in close proximity, 3 spears but 1 enemy just casually carried on walking towards the target while the other 2 went up in the air.... so maybe it is a bug but what ever it is in my experience divine spears is not hitting 100% of enemies so my original view that it needs that 'something' remains.

5 hours ago, Roboplus said:

Having exactly 1 second to recast the ward during this window does not ensure you're always protected. A 2 second window would be necessary to allow adequate time to react, especially given server latency.

While I agree it does feel a little short and imo is easily missed when it cancels, I'm pretty sure it's a fixed 3 second window if my understanding of the info on the ability page is correct. 

I absolutly love the new Nezha.

There is only one thing which it think could be changed back, Fire Walker being duration based.

While i get the reasoning behind with the passive energy regen, but it nerfs Pyroclastic Flow by a lot. It's still usable, but it lost a loot of firepower. (No pun intended)

As I said, i get the reasoning, however, the reworked Blazing Chakram pretty much takes care of the energy issue already with Nezha integrated onboard tools.

Setting that aside, he pretty much became my new main.

В 13.09.2018 в 02:29, Reaver1986 сказал:

Hi all!

"Warding Halo now only blocks 90% of damage taken."

I'm sad. That should be maximum 5% taken from Warding Halo not 10%...

Not tested out yet, but will it soon.

If you will use his 4 with any range at all and anything that boosts you hp/armor it's currently not an issue.

Цитата

I'm constantly taking damage and having to worry about my small health pool.

So slap vitality and heath conversion on him and top it with arcane guardian+pulse. I dare you to die under those conditions. 

If you can't or don't want to bother with being fancy while playing against a higher level enemies, boost your hp and armor. It's that simple.

4 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

If you will use his 4 with any range at all and anything that boosts you hp/armor it's currently not an issue.

So slap vitality and heath conversion on him and top it with arcane guardian+pulse. I dare you to die under those conditions. 

If you can't or don't want to bother with being fancy while playing against a higher level enemies, boost your hp and armor. It's that simple.

Exactly, put the same mods all your other frames already use one him and reduce your build options, simple. 😛

11 hours ago, LSG501 said:

While I agree it does feel a little short and imo is easily missed when it cancels, I'm pretty sure it's a fixed 3 second window if my understanding of the info on the ability page is correct. 

It is a 3 second invulnerability when activated to build up the shield's strength. It is a 1 second invulnerability when it deactivates designed as a reactivation window.

I feel a 2 second reactivation window is necessary.

i dont know if this has been suggested or not but if blazin chakramn woud be changed that when u throw the chakram if u tap the button again you woud teleport to the chakram like now you do but the change woud be that if you press and hold the the skill button after u thown the chakram yoiu vou retrieve the chakram instantly

9 часов назад, SilentHyperion сказал:

Exactly, put the same mods all your other frames already use one him and reduce your build options, simple. 😛

I don't use vitality or health conversion on pretty much any other warframe lmao. Armor I only ever used on Chroma and Saryn and I almost don't play them.

Or the arcane pulse. As I don't play Nekros it's just laying in the corner most of the times.

That's not to mention that why the f**** using "same mods" which is by itself is a false statement or someone is simply bad both at warfarme and modding because I can't see a reason why you'd need vitality otherwise - on warframes is an issue? Maybe you think your warframes are special snowflakes? That they don't need range or power efficiency or duration mods?

17 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

a projectile weapon

I think I know where you're coming from and I'm gonna be a bit nitpicky here. Most Warframe abilities can go through snowglobe no problem. Regular weapons can't, and I'm not asking for regular weapons to. But I think all abilities should be able to, in the same vein as abilities with Limbo's Rift vs weapons with Limbo's rift. 

18 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

they would've done it already

I don't think this is really the case DE actually has huge lists of things and I think it's just never been a huge priority for them for whatever reason. Whether it's complexity or something they've put off as being a part of it'll be fixed the next time DE comes around to fixing things with Frost. There was a bug with hacking that didn't allow the puzzle to finish for years before they fixed it, that they knew about since release. Sometimes there's changes they want to make but just can't budget time for. Sometimes they haven't decided for sure how they want things to operate. Sometimes the game changes enough for them to make changes they wouldn't have before. There's a number of reasons that could be, and maybe it'll happen maybe it won't. But players requesting things for long enough usually results in some action taken. So if you'd want it to happen, requesting it is fine even if it doesn't happen or it seems like it never will. Personally I think all abilities passing through is better consistency and much better for playing together so I myself am gonna request that change. But if you still think it should be this way you're free to disagree, if you have reasons that change my mind on it go for it.

the reasons why they change from the burst heal to health orbs and you cannot deny, it is a good change.

No the reasons pointed out why it was bad at healing, not why Health orbs are better than burst heal. The reasons why it was bad were all available to be changed without switching to Health Orbs. I do still think it's a bad change, actually. I found the burst heal far more effective than Health orbs. The health orbs do come with certain advantages, however I don't believe the pros outweigh the cons. They are stable lingering healing, but they heal a tiny fraction of what the burst heal does and Blazing Chakram doesn't consistently hit large groups of enemies nor are there consistently groups of available enemies. The burst heal only required 1 good target which made it very consistent for Nezha who because of Warding Halo's original 100% reduction fit pretty well as a quick recovery. Nezha no longer has that quick recovery, he's now always needing to upkeep health (if you're talking about low level missions no he doesn't need to but that was already the case prior to the rework and not a good case for an example in this context). The point here is I need to spam Chakram to keep Nezha alive with health in scenarios I didn't used to. Which is why it's a bad synergy, I'm not choosing to use Chakram because it's a better healing mechanic I'm choosing to because I need the Health.
Yes Blazing Chakram can stand on it's own if it didn't have the Health orbs is the point here, now that it's received all of the other changes. So why then is needing to heal with orbs the reason Warding Halo was nerfed to 90%. That's what I'm getting at here. The reason DE stated it got changed for doesn't exist when it's got other uses. But to begin with if Chakram contributed to Halo's health instead of nerfing Halo's effectiveness it would've been able to provide Healing that was useful anyway.

Divine spears is a very good CC ability though... radial javelin. R.Javelin is a damage ability

Neither of these abilities are exclusive damage or CC. They are both hybrids which is why I compare them. Radial Javelin does slightly favor damage and Divine spears Slightly favors CC. Radial Javelin is lacking in it's damage capacity which is why it could use a tweak to give it some more damage, considering Radial Blind/Howl's CC. But then Exalted Blade is also more effective at damage so it could also be tweaked for better CC. In either case though it's not worth the cost. Radial Javelin does actually have some small uses because the radial CC and damage are both things that are useful but it's just not worth the cost for what it gives. Divine Spears is in a similar boat not because the CC it has is terrible and not because the damage is terrible but because neither is worth the cost for what it gives to Nezha. Firewalker has subtly become noticeably less useful for CC with the way Nezha operates more resembling a spam caster with less aggressive movement now, but Divine Spears CC, range, duration and Damage aren't worth 100 energy spam casts to maintain that CC or damage. Not calling for anything too major here either. just a 5m bump up in range, and availability of Firewalker damage would do the trick to make it worthwhile.

17 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

a reason that you nor I don't know.

I'm not exactly sure what you were saying here, but I think you're talking about why the abilities get reset. Which in that case I think I do have a pretty good idea of why that is. It's because in the early game life Warframe kinda wasn't sure if it wanted to have platforming game elements, which is why we used to have Excal's super Jump. Since then the parkour and level design has shifted vastly away from that and really become most oriented towards fast past horde killing.
So anyway as a encouragement to make your jumps successfully, abilities were turned off whenever you fell into a pit. Even into pits with visible floors, modern Warframe has changed many of these pits into actual floors that no longer reset you. That's where it comes from as far as I can tell, there's a good number of reasons it doesn't really make sense in the game anymore though. One of them being players intentionally jumping into to reset abilities. A lot of abilities have been changed over time to be recastable in some form in part because of this, there are a few though that haven't like Iron Skin, Null Star, (although they kind of have become recastable with the augments) and Warding Halo.

Archived