Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma needs a rework

Aleksi134

what my opinion makes chroma lack a bit in long term entertainment play is the fact that they are trying to have chroma be casted as a support rather then a tanky frame with a bit of dps in the mix or a tanky cc frame that ccs with status. and the reason the support doesn't work is because DE has been reluctant on boosting his range. or rework effigy to be something better then a turret that attacks one at a time. as i said before scrap elemental ward and effigy and then have the ability be were chroma places pelt and the pelt then gives a damage boost and adds chroma's current element to his and allies weapons. thats a simple and work able ult. and then just boost chroma's armor, shields, and health since elemental ward is scrapped. 

and as much as i want to see chroma play a more active dragon role with a mix of tank and dps i can also advice that if they want chroma to be a support they need to figure out what they want chroma to support rather give him a jack of trades master of none support style.

• Like 2

vor 3 Stunden schrieb InfectedPhoenix:

I came with an idea to improve Chromas game play and theme of a dragon with minor changes to his abilities : 

Passive: Elemental Alignment, is the same i like the idea of an elemental dragon 
Spectral Scream :complete trash starting from 0,
chroma releases an elemental ball that goes in a straight direction hiting all the enemies in its path having 100% proc. while leaving an elemental trail that has 40/ 45/ 50/ 60% proc. (fire burns all the enemies that got hited by the ball deal fire dmg around  them similar to his 2 ability  , on cold all the targets hit by the ball get frozen and every other enemy that steps on the trail gets slowed, electric on ball hit will stun the enemy making them a tesla pillar that will dmg other enemies around while the enemy that step on the trail get only stuned, and on toxin all the eneiyes hited by the ball will start spreading toxin around them and the enemies that step on the trail get toxin proc. with out the spread effect , the spread effects will last from 1-2 seconds at base affected by duration and the dmg is the same as the trail) 
Dmg on the ball : 150/ 175/ 200/ 250
Trail dmg: 50/ 100/ 150/ 200
Duration: 5/ 6/ 7.5/ 10
2Elemental Ward :the same.
Vex Armor : the same.
4.Effigy: in stead of deploying a dragon like turret it summons a dragon pet with legs that moves around and fights/defends similar to Khoras Venari (cat) that fights a long side you but this time it has interactions with your abilities like when u shoot your 1 it will fire a second ball pointed at your target or when you use your second and 3d abilities they will be casted on the Effigy to ,this way giving him survivability and a dmg buff so he can deal some dmg him self  and a better cover of the buffs on team, he will have his own mod slots like Venari (pet)and at the same time his base stat are influenced by the warframe mods (like we have on the Mesa on her Peace Maker with waframe mods and pistol mods) 
DMG: elemental 100/ 200/ 300/ 400
Health: 200/ 250/ 300/ 350
Shield: 80/ 100/ 120/ 140
Crit chance: 15 %
Crit multiplier: 2.5 x
Status chance: 33 %

Recast duration 45/ 40/ 35/ 30 seconds 

and it can be revived like any pet .

I hope u like my idea , i'm not a chroma main but i love the idea of a dragon warframe but after i build-ed him i was very disapointed in him and i think there is room for improvement if u guys have any suggestions they are welcomed 🙂 

great idea alltough id love to see some adjustments for chromas elements. currently ice and fire make him more tanky.. but fire is stronger so ice is useless. poison and electric are horrible aswell.. overall id like to see bigger shifts in the elements:

ice: high defense

fire: high offense

poison: high agility

electric: high cc

DE needs to give every element an unique roll. atm they dont stand out as much, as said ice and fire serve the same purpose only that fire is stronger...

BTW make an augment to allow elemental combination. that would be so sick! but first fix the 4 you have

5 minutes ago, DeadlyCreation said:

great idea alltough id love to see some adjustments for chromas elements. currently ice and fire make him more tanky.. but fire is stronger so ice is useless. poison and electric are horrible aswell.. overall id like to see bigger shifts in the elements:

ice: high defense

fire: high offense

poison: high agility

electric: high cc

DE needs to give every element an unique roll. atm they dont stand out as much, as said ice and fire serve the same purpose only that fire is stronger...

BTW make an augment to allow elemental combination. that would be so sick! but first fix the 4 you have

yeah good idea , what is wrong with my 4 ?  i found another topic on this subject 
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1011527-chroma-the-adaptive-rework-idea/?tab=comments#comment-10169676 
 now lets combine hisSpectral Scream with mine so it absorbs the dmg then spills out an elemental ball ,and the 4th can use the same idea like it locks him self in a stance to absorb the dmg after witch he unleashes the pet dragon of witch health and dmg stats depend on how much dmg he absorbed fighting along side you while mimicing chromas 2 and 3 ,and the 2 elemental switch on the fly is great , just imagine how awesome that would be ❤️ a true dragon master 

Edited by InfectedPhoenix

It's a really tough thing for people to actually come to terms with after changes; DE do make changes after changes, but they don't do Reverts.

Chroma's Vex Armour is not his only ability, but it is the one that was broken. They fixed it, brought its power back to the calculations they say it should have had all along, and it's only then that you realise just how much work the rest of the frame needs.

There was no skill to Chroma before. Yes you had to build for Vex in particular ways, but there was no skill. You turned it on, took the required amount of damage, usually from Self Damage, and then moved on. You were a damage-buffing weapons platform that could live long enough to use the weapons, nothing more.

What Chroma needs is the rest of him buffing to compensate for that broken ability that used to carry the frame.

Change up his 1, we don't enjoy being stuck in an animation for such a small result. Even with the buff from Vex it's not a good cast as it is. Maybe make it a burst, cone of effect, that puts on Status. Maybe have it incorporate a mechanic for changing his base element.

Buff his 2. Everlasting Ward is a band-aid and DE knows it, incorporate that, buff the range, make the four types of buff more impactful on the game. Cold can reflect projectiles and up his survivability, so make it an actual Damage Reduction, not just another boost in Armour. Give it a radial slow on enemies and grant that aura at 50% effectiveness to your allies after the cast if they move away. Toxin currently does reload and holster speed, buff it to give speed overall, movement, parkour velocity, reload, holster rates, and increase that chance of damage from the Toxin aura.

And, for the love of RNGesus, take another go at his 4. It's a placed turret that can deal damage and CC. That could be so strong. With a Vex buff, the damage on Effigy is actually fairly good for most levels, it's also Status, but the CC range is so low, the Aggro range is so low, and the overall Utility of it is low (credits? Really?)

Concentrate Effigy into Area Denial, with his pulses and breath having more range and more affect, and switch the Utility to be a Rally Point for players, adding to the buffs that Chroma can give out, and giving players a buff point that isn't a roaming Chroma player. Compensate for that loss of base effective health by making sure that enemies can't actually approach the place you're defending and have to actually shoot a floating coat instead of you.

Chroma's other abilities could be so... so good.

And they aren't. And everyone's just so damn concentrated on Vex Armour.

• Like 1

vor 23 Minuten schrieb InfectedPhoenix:

yeah good idea , what is wrong with my 4 ?  i found another topic on this subject 
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1011527-chroma-the-adaptive-rework-idea/?tab=comments#comment-10169676 
 now lets combine hisSpectral Scream with mine so it absorbs the dmg then spills out an elemental ball ,and the 4th can use the same idea like it locks him self in a stance to absorb the dmg after witch he unleashes the pet dragon of witch health and dmg stats depend on how much dmg he absorbed fighting along side you while mimicing chromas 2 and 3 ,and the 2 elemental switch on the fly is great , just imagine how awesome that would be ❤️ a true dragon master 

oh no sorry. didnt mean the 4th ability. i am talking about fixing the 4 elements that are currently meh. your idea is great 😄

24 минуты назад, Thaylien сказал:

And everyone's just so damn concentrated on Vex Armour.

Cose it was the most usefull skill. 2+3 works great and gives you a chance to stand against extremly hard enemies.

First skill with damage buff from Vex, when Chroma puted in Limbo's void - immortal death machine. But i agrie, that it needs a damage buf.

To make his ult more usefull it must be stronger to stay under fire, if we are talks not about Mercury genocide. As i think, they can do next for it: devide Chroma's armor, that he has in cast moment, on a two halfs. So, when you turn in ult, Chroma gets 50% armor and his shape too. Then all the armor and damage bufs, that Croma uses will have an effect on shape, until it's turned off.

On a first skill there can be added an elements switch, like Ivara arrows, and it will change even the element of active shape or fiery breath.

Edited by RolandDischein

44 minutes ago, RolandDischein said:

Cose it was the most usefull skill.

Correction, it was his only useful skill. People can make arguments for Elemental Ward all they like, but for the majority of players, certainly for most of the other players I've seen make threads about reverting the armour or damage numbers, Chroma only had one skill.

I know it's all I ever used him for, his other skills just weren't worth the casts.

And even now, they barely are, and only because his main ability isn't as good.

DE aren't ever going to buff Vex back up, so he needs those other three to be better.

Edited by Thaylien
  • Like 1

4 минуты назад, Thaylien сказал:

it was his only useful skill

Not so. Tank-build for Chroma mast have second abillity in ice, but now fire version more usefull.

Chroma was one and only trully tank in game, Vukong may compete with him, but only in close combat. Without his armor buff he became just another little thicker frame and no more be uniq. Of couse, DE can make for him some another role, but it are all already occupied. Croma was a tank and he must be so, as i think.This does not eliminate the need for changes in other abilities. But it mst not be forgoten too.

idea for new elemental effects for elemental ward - goal: increase diversity and making each element usefull:

ice: armor buff that is multiplied by vex armors scorn buff + reflection of bullets (tank build)

fire: enemies effected by heat proc receive increased dmg + health up (dps build)

electric: enemy hit with an electric proc are stunned for a short duration + electric discharge (cc build)

poison: melee attack speed up by 50% + melee range up 100% (melee build)

3 minutes ago, DeadlyCreation said:

idea for new elemental effects for elemental ward - goal: increase diversity and making each element usefull:

ice: armor buff that is multiplied by vex armors scorn buff + reflection of bullets (tank build)

fire: enemies effected by heat proc receive increased dmg + health up (dps build)

electric: enemy hit with an electric proc are stunned for a short duration + electric discharge (cc build)

poison: melee attack speed up by 50% + melee range up 100% (melee build)

nice i like ur idea it would nice fit in with my ideas it would make him the perfect adapter  ,c'mon guys keep the ideas flowing maybe DE will read this and take some this ideas in consideration 

Edited by InfectedPhoenix

Just now, Strangerthefirst said:

the effigy

its mostly useless ,i should be a sort of a  turret on a dragon themed warframe and its not even a good one the only thing it was good for is for credits farm but since we have the index it became completely useless just think its a drain ability with a turret capabilities that doesn't provide much of CC or dmg that would be useful on higher lvls then 30 when taking the fact that his 2 and 3 are perfect for high lvl missions giving him high resistance and dmg where his 1 and 2 lack of any use there, both draining ur energy for nothing useful while we have other warframes with drain abilities that provide a lot more use on DMG or  CC 

seriously - even if effigy would cost 0 energy/sec i would never use it. chroma is all about being tanky and dealing dmg on its own. effigy does literally so few dmg that the armor i lose is not worth it

so effigy needs a greater rework - maybe having a constant cc aoe around it would help. because the cc is nice but its so random. having it being a constant cc for all enemies in range would be good. - range should be 16-20m. since you cant really build for high range with chroma

Edited by DeadlyCreation
  • Like 1

vor 38 Minuten schrieb RolandDischein:

Not so. Tank-build for Chroma mast have second abillity in ice, but now fire version more usefull.

Chroma was one and only trully tank in game, Vukong may compete with him, but only in close combat. Without his armor buff he became just another little thicker frame and no more be uniq. Of couse, DE can make for him some another role, but it are all already occupied. Croma was a tank and he must be so, as i think.This does not eliminate the need for changes in other abilities. But it mst not be forgoten too.

Meh...not even quite at that time. Nekros with SoS and Life Conversion was able to compete with him even on his release, later came rhinos auguments, arcane guardian was changed to buff armor numeric and suddenly every frame with a 90% reduction became able to reach his reduction...

All of this happened before the nerf. He was but a option to rhino who also had both, defenses and a buff in his kit back then.. sure rhinos buff wasn't as strong but he had the bigger HP to back the armor up and some support to it. Everything was balanced.

Nothing stood out about him too much except for the fact that his vex armor was inconvinient to use and his other abilities were trash. That's why that half-arsed nerf literally broke him.... rather then getting his role back, he finally needs to be balanced in it.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108
  • Like 3

34 минуты назад, (PS4)CoolD2108 сказал:

Meh...not even quite at that time. Nekros with SoS and Life Conversion was able to compete with him even on his release, later came rhinos auguments, arcane guardian was changed to buff armor numeric and suddenly every frame with a 90% reduction became able to reach his reduction...

Not even close to it. Nekr can get 95%, Rhino has only his skin, which do not stand against high lvl even a 20 sec becose of it's mechanic. Chroma had 98,6% resist +missle reflection fron second abiliti. Is it OP? Of corse not! enemies on 100+ already has 95+% resist and high damage. On a last sortie against the Hyens Chroma and Rhino lives ~10 sec under fire and lose all resurection in 2 min. And who kills hyens easy? Loki in his silence invis.

I want to kill bosses not only by Loki and not only in party, i waht to have a real tank, who can stand against a boss face to face in fair fight.

To fully understand difference between 95% and 99% - in four times more damage gotten.

Edited by RolandDischein

1 minute ago, RolandDischein said:

Not even close to it. Nekr can get 95%, Rhino has only his skin, which do not stand against high lvl even a 20 sec becose of it's mechanic. Chroma had 98,6% resist +missle reflection fron second abiliti. Is it OP? Of corse not! enemies on 100+ already has 95+% resist and high damage. On a last sortie against the Hyens Chroma and Rhino lives ~10 sec under fire and lose all resurection in 2 min. And who kills hyens easy? Loki in his silence invis.

I want to kill bosses not only by Loki and not only in party, i waht to have a real tank, who can stand against a boss face to face in fair fight.

Gonna step in and call exaggeration there. I took chroma to that exact same sortie boss and killed the hyenas easily while getting right in their faces. Chroma could use a rework, but he is still more than capable for something like that with little issue.

37 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Gonna step in and call exaggeration there. I took chroma to that exact same sortie boss and killed the hyenas easily while getting right in their faces. Chroma could use a rework, but he is still more than capable for something like that with little issue.

I agree he is capable but his abilities absolutely need a rework. His first and second ability are laughable. 

My thing is just revert the defensive side of vex armor back. 

Change spectral scream. Ud be more than ok with what you said. Or just make it a taunt to synergize with vex 

And as for effigy. Reduce the energy drain and make it scale with vex armor. And while you are at it. Change the augment to where it follows u or an ally u activate it on. And or make it to where it buffs you and ur allies standing near it

• Like 2