Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma needs a rework

Aleksi134

vor 54 Minuten schrieb Autongnosis:

For the 20min community he's great ;D

And judging how hard it is to find a team to go further i'd say they're the large majority. 

Also, he technically has two good abilities 😄

Seriously now Chroma is really not that fun anymore, which imo is worrisome because being unfun is much worse than beong mediocre. 

Just letting us have the dragon pelt out without both sucking our energy dry in seconds AND halving our main defensive stat would be great tbh. 

2 good abilities? imo elemental ward is pretty bad. the energy cost is freakin high and the buffs are bad. health buff as fire, armor as ice, shield as electric and reloadspeed as toxin... imo these buffs are bad. the health buff is the only one that kindof interacts with vex armor since the higher hp the more ehp chroma gets. the armor buff is useless because its just additive and shield just contradicts chromas playstyle. also reload speed - what a great buff. 

vex armor is the only good ability chroma has. elemental ward has a lot of potential if the buffs are getting reworked. spectral scream is sh*t and effigy is the worst ultimate in game. 

so having on only good buff ability (vex armor) doesnt make up for the other bad abilities. before the fix vex armor was so rediculous that it overshadowed everything else. its like nova - novas 4 is great. extremely strong and has alot of use - either speed or slow nova.... but tbh the rest of her is meh. but atleast that ultimate is strobg enough to make up for the rest. chroma has nothing that makes up for 3 bad abilities

Edited by DeadlyCreation
  • Like 2

vor 42 Minuten schrieb Peter:

I was curious now, what else do you need besides immortality and 100% onehit? please tell me.

Lets start with a buff that doesn't reset every 25(!) seconds and requires a build up based on interaction with un-Cc'd enemies.

How about a elemental ward that isn't a passive ability for a energy cost? A effigy that's actually usefull and doesn't drain energy like a pack of energy leeches? Something like a usefull first ability that doesn't restrict weapon use?

And at what part is he immmortal past the "fix" nerf? Can't be because of his slightly raised armor.

How about a kit that isn't defined over something inferior to rhinos roar?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Lets start with a buff that doesn't reset every 25(!) seconds and requires a build up

How about a elemental ward that isn't a passive ability for a energy cost? A effigy that's actually usefull and doesn't drain energy like a pack of energy leeches? Something like a usefull first ability that doesn't restrict weapon use?

And at what part is he immmortal past the "fix" nerf? Can't be because of his slightly raised armor.

I do not know what you're talking about, my Chroma lasts for more than 50 seconds and does not spend more than 1 energy pad during the whole hunt, this in a 5x3 run.

And you still have not answered my question.

Edited by Peter

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Peter:

I do not know what you're talking about, my Chroma lasts for more than 50 seconds and does not spend more than 1 energy pad, this in a 5x3 run.

And you still have not answered my question.

Yeah that's on a 200% duration build.... in complete disregard of it beeing a aura i'd assume?

You asked what he needs and i told you: he needs a functioning kit that isn't defined over something that's inferior to any other similar buff in the game. Buffs that do not rely on enemy interaction or self-harm.

All the other frames mentioned in those kinda threads do the same despise having a kit. He needs a frickin buff all over.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108
  • Like 1

Just now, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Yeah that's on a 200% duration build.... in complete disregard of it beeing a aura i'd assume?

And what did you want? aura of 888% fury with 100 meters away? Do you also want him to summon a lephantis?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

You asked what he needs and i told you: he needs a functioning kit that isn't defined over something that's inferior to any other similar buff in the game. Buffs that do not rely on enemy interaction or self-harm.

Nope, i asked about Frames with wildly better kits. for Eidolons like you said, and i'll repeat, what else do you need besides immortality and 100% onehit?

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Peter:

And what did you want? aura of 888% fury with 100 meters away? Do you also want him to summon a lephantis?

Nope, i asked about Frames with wildly better kits. for Eidolons like you said, and i'll repeat, what else do you need besides immortality and 100% onehit?

I mean ivara can oneshot eidolons while having invisibility, Cc and one of the most effective ways to open enemies to finishers.

Rhino's got the same buff but doesn't require you to screw up his range to work, he even got a much better defense and Cc to back it up.

Volt can nuke, overshield and Cc and also oneshot eidolons. So does ember who's transiting from easy damage till level 80's into Cc.

How about simply more then 1/8th of any other frame that's even in a similar position to him? More then one out of four somewhat usefull abilities if and only if you min/max his entire build for it, only to be in a state where it's... not even better then all those other abilities? How is this even a question?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

I honestly doubt that he'd need more then that though...

I mean we could make his Spectral Scream NOT restrict his weapons and generate aggro. We could make Vex Armor his ultimate and let it channel while effigy would take the place of a duration based third. We could implement his EW buffs into his passive and boost the aura aspect, maybe even add healing.

Minor Tweaks - massive effect.

May just be me but i'm really not concerned over stuff like nieches. Varriations of the same roles bring different nuances to the table. Thing is just, his abilities are bad.

The question isn't just why you should bring him over other buffers, it's why you should bother with an inconsistent build up when others give results at all times. Why you should bother with a pointless kit when others really got something going for them. Why you should bother with restrictions, difficult builds, a constant struggle for energy and numbers and bad results when you can actually, idk, enjoy the game.

He isn't good because of his vex armor imo. Vex armor is a horrible ability as it is and so are his other abilities.... he's the first frame to get his prime while beein plain broken and i really hope the community is catching up on that.

Sorry Cool. I respect you, but this is some bullS#&$.

Where were all these people trying to protect the integrity of the frames with useless abilities when Zephyr got her rework?

She still has Tailwind (the glorified plains bullet jump) with limited use mostly restricted to open ass areas that people defend is fine (who cares if you cant use it on any other tileset without getting stuck), a knockdown ability that increases the size of tornado whipee. Turbulence her only good move and the forever unreliable tornado.

Where is everyone screaming that this isn't a rework?

And yet here we are all upset about our Lord and Savoir Chroma not getting a rework when he's more than functional. This isnt about him having useless skills, rather than him not having the abilities people want him to have. Yeah he could use a few tweaks but the complaints I'm hearing about oh he's so useless and his skills are bad, even reading how Elemental Ward now is bad.

Edited by (PS4)RenovaKunumaru
  • Like 1

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (PS4)RenovaKunumaru:

Sorry Cool. I respect you, but this is some bullS#&$.

Where were all these people trying to protect the integrity of the frames with useless abilities when Zephyr got her rework?

She still has Tailwind with limited use mostly restricted to open ass areas that people defend is fine (who cares if you cant use it on any other tileset without getting stuck), a knockdown ability that increases the size of tornado whipee. Turbulence her only good move and the forever unreliable tornado.

And yet here we are all upset about our Lord and Savoir Chroma not getting a rework when he's more than functional. This isnt about him having useless skills, rather than him not having the abilities people want him to have. Yeah he could use a few tweaks but the complaints I'm hearing about oh he's so useless and his skills are bad, even reading how Elemental Ward now is bad.

true - zephyr doesnt have a  fanbase thats as big as chromas. as a result less people complain. but i can clearly see that zephyr needs another rework. turbulance is good. everything else is bad about her. same goes for atlas - he is still a bad frame even though he received a rework. but chroma is getting a prime version and receives no rework even though he has 2 of the worst abilities in game. zephyrs ultimate is way better than chromas ultimate. and that says something because zephyrs ultimate isnt good to begin with. spectral scream is completely useless - it does 0 dmg and restricts you from using your weapons. elemental ward is okay but only the fire elemental has an actual usefull buff -  poison, electric and ice are pretty bad at this point. vex armor is great - it doesnt need a change. but its the only good thing about chroma. and since he is receiving a prime without a rework people are upset. atleast zephyr got a rework with her prime - and tbh it made her stronger than before. she just wasnt good to begin with. chroma was great and is now mediocre. yes chroma needs a rework and as does zephyr, atlas, wukong and probably some more frames. but we know that DE is working on a rework for wukong and atlas will probably get his with his prime.

Edited by DeadlyCreation
  • Like 2

vor 21 Minuten schrieb (PS4)RenovaKunumaru:

I do. And you forgot one of the bigger reasons for her to be reworked to begin with: Tornados poor exit Cc (that could have been holding enemies instead of flicking them across the map)... not to mention that the synergy doesn't even affect funnel clouds at all.

But despise that, she still got complete ranged damage immunity that's useable as a form of absolute defense, a ability that sets and spreads status like crazy and multiplies any AOE type of affect if funnels overlap what's some of the best bases for CO melee and support..

Pair that with the movement and the fact that we're only gonna get more open world content and she's still much better then a frame who's entire kit is a bad roar outside of that one concent where a wide selection of frames is still better then he is.

A frame they refuse to rework before his prime.

It's just a joke man.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108
  • Like 1

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Peter:

chroma isnt immortal. he even wasnt before his fix. his protection is build upon armor. one of the weakest protections in game. you are still effected by status procs and especially slash procs can melt you instantly at higher levels. rhino is tankier, has a protection against slash procs, has great cc and an buff that does also effect abilities. inaros has the same problem, slash procs eat him away but he has two great cc abilities (his 1 and 3), has literally a way to be invincible and heal himself (his2) and his passive is great, being able to revive himself is super fun.

i am not saying vex armor is bad. vex armor is great as it is and it doesnt need a change. just all around it needs slight adjustments to work better in the big picture. atm chroma is pushed more into dealing dmg. so sayhign that electric elemental ward is a good buff is rediculous. giving him more shields is just completely useless if you consider that he is currently more a single dps frame than anything else. poison giving reloadspeed is just so dumb. its such a bad buff. ice giving armor is okayish but doesnt server the overall build pretty well, because it doesnt synergize with vex armor. only heat is good because the increased health pool helps chroma and synergizes good with vex armor.

having the most expensive ultimate ingame with the lowest dmg output that can only attack one enemy at a time and does unrelyable cc is just pathetic. noone can argue that this is good. if an ability is that expensive to cast its supposed to do something.

• Like 1

vor 12 Minuten schrieb (PS4)CoolD2108:

a frame who's entire kit is a bad roar

chromas vex armor is a better roar. the dmg boost to weapons is still the best ingame. but its only slightly better and doesnt make up for the three lackluster ablilities chroma still has. vex armor is good balanced - the dmg buff doesnt overshadow other frames that crazy - so using a rhino is actually an option. but rhino has better tankign abilities than chroma and has one of the best cc abilities in game. chroma only has a slightly better weapon buff. thats it. he needs more. rework elemntal war and effigy. spectral scream will probably allways suffer the 1st ability problem and will stay bad forever but if elemental ward and effigy get somewhat more usefull - chroma is fine

Edited by DeadlyCreation
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

I mean ivara can oneshot eidolons while having invisibility, Cc and one of the most effective ways to open enemies to finishers.

Rhino's got the same buff but doesn't require you to screw up his range to work, he even got a much better defense and Cc to back it up.

Volt can nuke, overshield and Cc and also oneshot eidolons. So does ember who's transiting from easy damage till level 80's into Cc.

How about simply more then 1/8th of any other frame that's even in a similar position to him? More then one out of four somewhat usefull abilities if and only if you min/max his entire build for it, only to be in a state where it's... not even better then all those other abilities? How is this even a question?

If you had read what I wrote a bit earlier, but lets go.

Ivara can oneshot Eidolons, IF and only IF she can climb on that rope, which is often impossible since it requires a specific positioning, her invisibility is useless in Eidolon, and why do you want to open the enemies to finisher? and Ivara tank?

Rhino is not as strong as Chroma, and his Iron Skin is nothing against high-level enemies. And the range of both are the same as focusing on strength.

Volt is good as long as you know what you're doing and have an absolutely good riven, but it does not compare to Chroma, the two have different functions.

And as I said earlier, even Vauban DPS works on Eidolon.

I will not continue with this discussion, deep down we know that Chroma makes things much easier.

Edited by Peter

I actually like his 3 a lot more now that it affects the team since it's much more practical in almost all content outside of Eidolons. I don't think that they need to change his vex armor back or that he needs to be a "real tank" since most of the tank frames can't put out a fraction of the damage he can. I hate that I literally never find a use for his 4th where I'm not better off saving the energy and armor...

I learned to stop caring about his 1 only because 1's often suck anyway, but I think it would be a big benefit to his kit to be able to cycle the element he's attuned to by cycling his 1. 

...also, it would free up color changes for Fashion Frame, which is obviously the most important thing.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

What Chroma Players Want

1. Access to All Elements
  2. Revert the Previous Nerf (At least the Armor)
  3. Scaleable Spectral Scream that isn't base elemental
  4. Effigy to Provide AoE Damage as well as stun
  5. Self Sufficient Healing
  6. Vex is channeling. Effigy is Duration
  7. Keep Vex charge when switching elements (You know this is coming) 

Yup, I'm sure DE hears you but the means your going about to have these changing implemented (Chroma is useless, 1 good ability, glorified roar, ect.) is so dishonest.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb (PS4)RenovaKunumaru:

What Chroma Players Want

1. Access to All Elements
  2. Revert the Previous Nerf (At least the Armor)
  3. Scaleable Spectral Scream that isn't base elemental
  4. Effigy to Provide AoE Damage as well as stun
  5. Self Sufficient Healing
  6. Vex is channeling. Effigy is Duration
  7. Keep Vex charge when switching elements (You know this is coming) 

Yup, I'm sure DE hears you but the means your going about to have these changing implemented (Chroma is useless, 1 good ability, glorified roar, ect.) is so dishonest.

about 1.: i actually dont like the idea of switching between elements . this would mean that every element needs to be bummed down because you can switch on the fly. if you are locked to an element with your energy color, this would mean that each element could be super strong.

about2.:

elemental ward needs some small adjustments for the elements. eg if the armor buff from ice element would be multiplied with vex armor, this would immidiatly make chroma a real tank again. not as crazy as before since arcanes and mods are not calculated, but this would make him pretty close to that. also vex armor wouldnt need a change.

- poison eg could provide immunity to status effects

- electric could improve overall speed and the discharge could chain from enemy to enemy for huge dmg output.

about 3.:

i dont care about spectral scream. as with most first abilities in warframe they are bad... so yeah i will probably never use it anyway

about 4.:

effigy could have an constant aoe aura around it that "intimidates" enemies when entering -> slowing them down significantly

about 5.:

if the fire elemental ward would give health regeneration on top of the health buff this would make chroma an actual decent healer that can also provide dps.

about 6.:

vex channeling is such a bad idea. currently every chroma players runs almost none efficiency. if it would cost as much as eg effigy it would eat my energy up in no time. i like the way it is now. recasting it every now and then.

about 7.:

as allready said - i dont like the idea of switching elements. if it comes this is needed although i can see DE turning this into an augment.

Edited by DeadlyCreation

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Teridax68:

Full disclaimer: I do not main Chroma or have any exceptionally large amount of experience with him, and my suggestions here are also fairly extreme in many respects, so this could potentially be way off the mark. Nonetheless, from my time playing him, I do feel there are some problems with him that many other players have criticized:

• He's too focused on timer upkeep: This is a problem with several other older warframes (also Octavia), but Chroma is one of those frames whose gameplay often boils down to timer management. In other words, you press a button every few seconds, and if you're good you'll press that button in exactly the amount of seconds it takes for the ability to expire. This in itself not usually all that interesting, but on Chroma it also runs into the issue of completely wiping his durability: unlike easier tank frames such as Inaros or Rhino, who can give themselves durability for an indeterminately long amount of time, Chroma can only be truly durable for limited periods of time, at the end of which all of his bonuses are lost. While the idea of having to actively manage one's defenses is interesting to many, the implementation of this via timers creates problems for many, and doesn't lead to gameplay everyone finds enjoyable.
  • Many of his abilities don't feel useful: In almost all cases, Chroma lives and dies by his 2 and 3 abilities, literally. However, his 1 and 4 do not feel nearly as useful: his 1 especially doesn't feel good even as a means of applying status, since many weapons now can be raised to a 100% status chance, and his 4 similarly doesn't feel useful when it applies only a little amount of damage and crowd control in exchange for a large energy cost and self-debuff. Even with his 2 and 3, Ice Chroma still dominates due to the inherent synergy in his form's bonuses, and his innate, while interesting in how it allows for an added layer of form customization, also interferes with fashion frame (if you have a standard color scheme for your frames, for example, you're going to get stuck with one particular element).
  • Chroma lacks flow and self-sufficiency: An overall problem with Chroma is his fluidity of play, as he doesn't always flow in the best way. Aside from his timer management issues, as mentioned above, a recurring problem is that the bulk of Chroma's power requires him to take damage to both his health and his shields, yet he has no inbuilt ways of sustaining himself. This is uniquely bad among more durable frames, all of which can either heal themselves (e.g. Atlas, Inaros, Nezha, Wukong) or give themselves durability on demand irrespective of their current health levels (e.g. Nezha and Rhino). In practice, this means Chroma needs to rely on some external means to restore his health and regain his bonuses every time they expire, at a time where most frames are becoming increasingly self-sufficient.

Point being, Chroma has been feeling more and more restrictive compared to other frames, focusing too much on managing a couple of timers, and lacking the self-sufficiency so many other frames now take for granted. He feels less like an adaptable elemental dragon frame, and more like a walking egg timer that needs to be wound up every minute or so, hence the title.

So, what needs to change? As mentioned above, I'm not the foremost expert on Chroma, but here, in my opinion, should be the broad lines of future Chroma changes:

• Improve Chroma's flow, and decrease his dependence on strict timers: This isn't to suggest that Chroma's timers should necessarily be removed outright (though I'd personally like that); rather, Chroma overall should simply be made to flow better and not be absolutely forced to keep an eye on when his abilities will expire. If there is a demand for timer management, that could still be a part of him, but there are likely ways out there of making that gameplay a little less rigid.
  • Give all of Chroma's abilities a use: More specifically, this I think should mean paying special attention to his 1 and 4 so that they can remain relevant regardless of where Chroma goes. This doesn't necessarily mean buffing their damage (though that could certainly be a possibility), but at least improving upon their effects so that they satisfy some particular niche.
  • Make Chroma self-sufficient: As with the above, this shouldn't have to mean making Chroma overpowered or turning him into an easy mode tank (many players seem to like the fact that he's more challenging to play than most other tanks), but should allow him to work well without having to rely on some external help, whether it be from allies or from items. In particular, this I think should mean giving Chroma self-sustain of some kind.

With this in mind, I have a list of changes that I feel could perhaps bring Chroma closer to this fantasy of being a very active, heavy-hitting elemental dragon tank. A word of warning: as you'll see, many of the things I'm suggesting below are large departures from Chroma's current state, and he may not need such drastic changes. Some others, particularly relating to his Energy usage, you may not agree with either simply based on general notions of how Warframe currently runs. Nonetheless, here is what I'd personally like to see out of a Chroma rework (with placeholder, so most likely inaccurate numbers):

• Effects highlighted in red are affected by Power Strength, effects highlighted in blue are affected by Power Efficiency, effects highlighted in green are affected by Power Duration, and effects highlighted in orange are affected by Power Range.
  • Shields and base armor removed, now has 500 base health (2000 at rank 30).
  • Energy removed (see below).
  • Passive - Draconic Scales: Chroma stores 50% of all incoming damage, regardless of mitigation, with the amount visible on an icon above his abilities, along with his chosen element. Upon taking fatal damage, he consumes Draconic Scales to heal himself for the stored amount, and becomes immune to all damage and status effects for 3 seconds.
    •   Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

This basically is a Rage + Quick Thinking combo in one, and would also power Chroma's other abilities, in a manner similar to him currently gaining power from taking damage. This could also justify the above extreme all-health/no energy profile. Technically, all of this could simply be turned into Energy or armor, rather than some fancy new resource, though doing this could avoid typical problems currently associated with Energy, namely its mode of generation that is unreliable and prone to abuse.

• 1 - Spectral Scream: Chroma unleashes a continuous stream of his chosen element in a cone 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 meters in front of him, dealing 150 / 200 / 250 / 300 damage per second with a 100% status chance. 25% of the damage dealt to enemies is stored as Draconic Scales.
    • Augment reworked to Afterburn: Spectral Scream itself stores 25% of its damage dealt to enemies, with no upper limit. Tapping Spectral Scream fires a projectile in a straight line that consumes and inflicts the stored damage to all enemies in a 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 meter radius on impact, based on his chosen element, and applies a status effect.

The main changes here are a buff to the ability's base damage and status chance, with the addition of pseudo-life steal to give Chroma sustain. Uncapping the augment's damage would make it more worthwhile in PvE, and allowing the projectile to be fired separately, rather than automatically, would give more control over its usage, while also giving it better synergy with the rest of Chroma's kit, as mentioned below.

• 2 - Vex: Hold to toggle Chroma's chosen primary element from a selection of fire, ice, electricity and toxin (default is fire, subsequently memorizes the player's choice). When tapped, Chroma taunts all enemies within 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 meters, as well as whichever enemy he's directly aiming at regardless of range, redirecting their attention to him. This also permanently energizes Chroma's pelt, causing all attacks against him to inflict a status effect upon the attacker, corresponding to the selected element. Chroma spawns with his pelt energized.
    • Augment reworked to Vexing Retaliation: After 3 seconds, Chroma releases an explosion, dealing 150 / 200 / 250 / 300% of the damage he took then as damage of his chosen element to all enemies within 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 meters, briefly staggering them and applying a status effect. Reactivating Vex while this charges extends the timer.

This I think could answer two common player demands in one go. Many players want Chroma to have more freedom in choosing his element, and many players want him to have a taunt. With this, he could have more control over forcing opponents to deal damage to him, including if he needs to peel one particular enemy off of an ally or simply catch their attention. He'd lose his multiple elemental auras, but would overall instead be able to apply status effects of his choosing on demand.

• 3 - Fury: Hold to toggle Chroma's chosen secondary element from a selection of fire, ice, electricity and toxin (default is fire, subsequently memorizes the player's choice). These elements are unlocked in sequence with each rank in Fury, and combine with Chroma's primary element to produce his chosen element. When tapped, Chroma consumes 100 Draconic Scales to add 100 base damage of his chosen element to his next instance of weapon or ability damage within 5 seconds, also causing it to apply a guaranteed corresponding status effect. Activating Fury within this time window stacks additional damage and refreshes the duration, doubling the cost and bonus damage each time. Chroma can stack multiple damage types and status effects in this way. Fury incurs no animation or interruption, and instead causes Chroma's pelt to pulse with each activation.
    • Augment reworked to Furious Ward: All allies within 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 meters receive a damage buffer equal to the base damage obtained.

Whereas Scorn, i.e. Chroma's durability, would be essentially passively baked into his kit, this ability would be the damage component. All of the numbers here are placeholder, but the idea here is that Chroma's damage boost would be completely concentrated into a single shot, which could let his 1 apply burst, while also synergizing especially well with weapons that are good at amplifying base damage, e.g. sniper rifles like the Rubico, or heavy blades like the Gram. Additionally, letting Chroma mix and match elements could give him total control over them, allowing him to switch on the fly to whichever element of his choosing in order to apply relevant damage or status effects.

• 4 - Effigy: Chroma sheds his pelt, creating a sentry with 125 / 150 / 175 / 200% of Chroma's current health at the target location. While the Effigy is out, all of Chroma's abilities, including Draconic Scales, are transferred to it (he no longer gains their benefits), and using them commands his Effigy to use the ability in his stead. When left to its own devices, the Effigy will also use abilities of its own accord. Hold to move the Effigy to the target location.
    • Augment reworked to Living Effigy: Holding the ability no longer redirects the Effigy, but instead causes Chroma and his pelt to unite, transferring all buffs to him, carrying him airborne, giving him full control, and increasing the range of all of his abilities by 8 / 12 / 16 / 20 meters (hold-casting also does this even if Effigy is inactive). While airborne, Chroma can hold to leave the Effigy at his location.

What Effigy needs above all is control, namely the ability for Chroma to tell it exactly what to do and where to go as he likes. Because the above kit would feature a taunt, there would be real value in laying down a stationary sentry as Chroma himself does his own thing, albeit with reduced survivability. In addition, because the base kit would have all the control it would need, as it should be for any ability, I figured it would be nice if Chroma could truly become a dragon, and enter pseudo-Archwing mode a la Titania at will.

And that's the kit. The broad lines behind what I'm suggesting is to a) give Chroma full control over parts of his kit that should require management, namely his damage, element and crowd control, b) make the rest of his playstyle as smooth and convenient as possible, so that he doesn't die or fail from out of nowhere, and c) expand on Chroma's elemental and dragon fantasies in ways that the player has much more agency over, e.g. by giving him access to the full range of elements and letting him fly in dragon form with the right augment. Chroma's major strengths would remain his durability, damage and utility, and in addition to that he'd have a bit of crowd control and overall self-sufficiency to make all of it work. One of the downsides is that he'd lose the unique stat bonuses tied to his current elemental forms, but would instead be able to apply any elemental status effect on demand, which should ideally make him just as tactical, and more adaptable overall. He'd have a timer on his 3 still, but it should hopefully be something exciting to manage, rather than just a matter of upkeep.

What are your thoughts on this? What are your thoughts on Chroma's current state, and how do you think the above would relate to it? What would you like to see out of Chroma changes, if anything?

i think DE will only adjust some minor stuff with chroma - as it has been in the last reworks.

i understand the problem with the timer on chromas vex armor but it serves a purpose - be aware of your playstile and mod for duration if needed. imo elemental ward should remain in game and just get tweaks to the elements:

poison should give immunity to all status effects; electric should collect energy created by dmg chroma is receiving, and should be discharged in a aoe attack (similar to volts 4); fire should retain its health boost + it should regen health over time; ice should stay as it is but the armor should be multiplied with vex armors corn buff

effigy should simply be buffed by chromas vex armor (since its literally a part of him so why shouldnt it) and the cc should be a constant aoe around effigy that "intimidates" foes and slows them down (smaller radius - nothing too big; good enough to protect an objective, not to stun whole maps)

these simple adjustments would solve alot of problems the current chroma has and are rather simple to implement. these changes go more hand in hand in what DE has done in the past reworks.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PS4)TacoTech239:

But if you looked at the replies for that you'll see tons of people telling them chroma is fine and that he doesn't need a rework.

those people simply use him for eidolon hunts only and for that one specific use he is good. but he is good for almost nothing else. people dont understand that thats a bad thing. most of the best designed frames ingame are good at multiple things but shine in one specific. chroma is just good for eidolons but bad for everything else.. thats bad frame design.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DeadlyCreation said:

i understand the problem with the timer on chromas vex armor but it serves a purpose - be aware of your playstile and mod for duration if needed.

This is fair, though I personally think mods should serve kits, not the other way round. I'd rather have duration builds emerge from a kit that does well with them, than deliberately force a duration build out of something that isn't optimally served by duration.

imo elemental ward should remain in game and just get tweaks to the elements:

poison should give immunity to all status effects; electric should collect energy created by dmg chroma is receiving, and should be discharged in a aoe attack (similar to volts 4); fire should retain its health boost + it should regen health over time; ice should stay as it is but the armor should be multiplied with vex armors corn buff

This all sounds good, though these are all straight-up buffs, rather than real changes in functionality. If this is what makes Chroma feel good to play, though, that would be fine by me.

effigy should simply be buffed by chromas vex armor (since its literally a part of him so why shouldnt it) and the cc should be a constant aoe around effigy that "intimidates" foes and slows them down (smaller radius - nothing too big; good enough to protect an objective, not to stun whole maps)

Would a persistent slow really be that valuable? On the other hand, I completely agree that Vex Armor should buff Chroma's Effigy, and would like to see that apply to his Spectral Scream damage as well.

these simple adjustments would solve alot of problems the current chroma has and are rather simple to implement. these changes go more hand in hand in what DE has done in the past reworks.

This is fair, and ultimately comes down to the scope of what DE and players feel is appropriate for Chroma. Personally, I went for a more extreme set of changes where I completely changed how his 2 and 3 worked, but I also agree a smaller set of changes would be more likely to happen, and potentially sufficient for making Chroma feel good to play.

On 2018-09-20 at 12:42 AM, (PS4)The-AngryMan said:

DE isn't even giving an explanation why they aren't reworking. It definitely seems like DE simply doesn't give a damn. 

The community has been asking for a rework forever. It seems like DE only listens to the community on the weekends when they feel like it or when it benefits their wallet.

Straight up they arent even buffing him for the prime release. out of all the damn frames to buff, Chroma should have been number 1 since you know... hes getting a prime in like 4 days... what a waste.

On 2018-09-19 at 10:41 PM, Crimson-Tenno said:

pPZu7VR.png

Translated: We aren't reworking him, we're gonna ignore the problem until people stop pestering us with him!

Tbh, I wasnt even that mad about pushing a rework until the Nezha Changes. honestly he brought a new standard that Chroma is far below of.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, (XB1)Young Boy HT said:

As of right now, including this post, 8 of the 24 front page posts are regarding chroma. I dont feel like listing all my ideas, because most people have already said them (although, being able to switch elements in a way similar to vauban and ivaras ability wheel would be awesome). I want to buy the prime access, but as of now Chroma is extremely single minded and used for 2 abilities. I'm hoping DE takes the hint that the fanbase want a Chroma rework, especially because of his upcoming prime. 

Lol can someone tell me how my post ^ went from being its own thread to getting merged in with this one? 

As of right now, including this post, 8 of the 24 front page posts are regarding chroma. I dont feel like listing all my ideas, because most people have already said them (although, being able to switch elements in a way similar to vauban and ivaras ability wheel would be awesome). I want to buy the prime access, but as of now Chroma is extremely single minded and used for 2 abilities. I'm hoping DE takes the hint that the fanbase want a Chroma rework, especially because of his upcoming prime. 

Lol can someone tell me how my post ^ went from being its own thread to getting merged in with this one? 

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Peter:

Ivara

??? For whatever reason you need a rope for her navigator. You know, the ability that gives you a 5x multiplier based on traveled distance rather then wonky damaging without a single strength mod used. Add some strength and you skyrocket that number. Due to that you can place yourself outside of the eidolons hitrange and just oneshot it from there even with medicore weapons and outside of eidolons, you're untargetable by anything that isn't aoe.... invisibility is literally the strongest type of defense in the game next to stunlock Cc so whatever you're going on about.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Peter:

Rhino

His augumented iron skin literally gets to chromas current armor levels, only on a massive HP pool and roar is plenty to oneshot.

How is chroma better exactly? Must be because of his effigy and elemental ward eh?

And Volts damage boost is able to stack so you most definitly can and will oneshot things even without a perfect riven. Same with ember. There's only a single difference when you're able to oneshot things which is how easy abilities are to use. Between simple activation and waiting for damage every 50 seconds on a min/maxed build in this one nieche he works in at all, which is really better?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108
  • Like 3

IMO exactly how Chroma should be reworked:

Passive: Immunity and energy gain to status procs from his current elemental alignment

Scream: Hold to switch elemental alignment. 

Spoiler

Doesn't seem like much but it will synergize with Elemental Ward and Vex armor below.

E. Ward: Once activated it is locked to the effects of his current element for the duration. Changing element with Scream will not affect Ward until it is recasted.

Spoiler

Synergy with Scream: If Ward's active elemental effects match Scream's current alignment: Increase Scream's damage by 100% and increase status change to 100%:

If the alignment if different: Scream's damage type is the combination of those elements with 100% status chance.

Vex Armor: Invulnerable for 2s on cast. Buffs apply to both Scream and Effigy.

Effigy: Draws aggro from nearby enemies. Any damage effigy takes increases both Scorn and Fury while Vex armor is also active.

Chroma is invulnerable for 2.5s when Effigy is Deactivated - also if Chroma takes lethal damage while Effigy is active it will auto deactivate and heal 10% health and put a cooldown on effigy recast.

Done, he's better now.