Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When will there be a boss fight that will finally make us fight like this?

KlipKlip

While the video itself is meant to be a joke and anyone can easily defeat Clem in the simulacrum with more practical means instead of exaggerated movements. It has come across to me that there has never really been any boss fights or enemy that would require us to make full use of the parkour system we have.

18 minutes ago, KlipKlip said:

While the video itself is meant to be a joke and anyone can easily defeat Clem in the simulacrum with more practical means instead of exaggerated movements. It has come across to me that there has never really been any boss fights or enemy that would require us to make full use of the parkour system we have.

Idk, i personally do a lot of jumping around and basically doing the same thing in Kela De Thaym fight.

This is why I say Warframe is a deeply flawed game. Many of the tools available to you are cosmetic; you could simply kill the target. The obscene power difference means that individual enemies are never a threat unless they can one-shot you. Although enemies have light coordination that you won't notice most of the time, they lack the awareness to move in proper formation (partly by design; if they all fired at once, you'd be liquefied). The combat as intended... isn't very exciting, after the novelty expires.

Boss duels like the one you're showing must be enforced by special restrictions, similar to sorties. The "community" hates those. I doubt DE would ever go for it.

But hey, they did introduce Teralysts. And the "Sentient exosuit" enemy shown at the first TennoCon was implied to be a melee unit. Looks awfully similar to the Lotus' new getup. Maybe they'll surprise me?

Facing off 1v1 against a Conclave regular is probably the closest experience I’ve had to an enemy fight that required me to utilize parkour. 

But yeah I agree that currently Warframe’s bosses and assassins are rather underwhelming, with pre-Second Dream Stalker being the funnest/most dangerous imo. Though rather then parkour, I’d like to see enemies that encouraged using melee mechanics. Parrying each others attacks while trying to find openings to land a combo or using channeling to reveal a weak point, similar to a boss from Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden. Though I suppose that’s a topic for another time.

The main issue with building a boss that encourages parkour is accounting for the freedom of movement and range of abilities available to the player. Warframes can rapidly change direction on the ground and in midair, and frames like Titania can even fly! It’ll be interesting to see how DE approaches making future boss fights that can challenge the current power and versatility of Warframes.

I'm glad this is meant to be a joke because it's insanely cringy to watch some dude twitch around the map for 8 minutes for absolutely no reason. I sincerely hope no boss fight will ever be like this and i can't see what would ever force us to move in this way. This also makes it impossible to use practically any charged energy weapon or bow (if standing still causes you to die or some other weird mechanic).

1 hour ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Remember that mr test where you have to kill a bunch of enemies while the ground below you kept disappearing if you stood on it for too long? That'll be a easy way to make us use more parkour during boss fights

Yup with the up coming changes to corpus maps,  some combat that involved wall latching till the next platform spawn could be made fun.

prince of Persia mmmm

but DEs AI and scripting seems wanting for such a challenge. Such maps might load grineer content, then decide you’re off map and teleport you someplace that doesn’t exist or decide your abilities are in use. Why not all of them? There’s a challenge.

rant aside, they desperately need to find their scripting and event engine bugs. The game has become vastly less stable over the last few updates (Sacrifice added notable teleportation problems along with the UI situation).

with the current update, it’s even less stable.

just image what kind of crazy will happen when they throw more stuff into an engine that seems to be at critical mass

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

I'd say that the issue is that DE has designed most maps and themes around being practical within the game's story. This is an issue as story-wise the Grineer, Corpus, and Infested have been fighting for however many years/centuries before the Tenno returned and Tenno are the only ones who're this agile in combat. Why would the environments and boss arenas be designed to fight anything other than grounded troops and flying corpus drones?

Just think about the existing boss fights, the only one that can use any of our mobility is Kayla's since she's the only other character who's as mobile as we are.

That being said our mobility options are still painfully underutilized outside of Conclave. Here's hoping that the Jupiter rework is the first step towards improving this aspect.

you know, if it were me I would have only put Clem in the Simulacrum as a meme, maybe as a secret side mission where you have a "friendly" sparring match with him. he then spawns in at level 9999 and moving as fast as a Tenno, with infinite capacity twin Grakatas. a nigh impossible fight. then when you beat him Darvo pops up and says "nice job Tenno!, though i think he might have gone easy on you because you're his friend" and then you get a free Clem Noggle. all in the name of giggles of course.

but anyway, Jupiter 2.0 might force us to mix advanced parkour with combat, though I think DE could provide more incentive for us to do this on regular tiles, perhaps offer slightly more Affinity for kills while wall latching, or chaining moves like bullet jump, double jump and wall run together, as examples.

7 hours ago, OmegaZero633 said:

Facing off 1v1 against a Conclave regular is probably the closest experience I’ve had to an enemy fight that required me to utilize parkour. 

But yeah I agree that currently Warframe’s bosses and assassins are rather underwhelming, with pre-Second Dream Stalker being the funnest/most dangerous imo. Though rather then parkour, I’d like to see enemies that encouraged using melee mechanics. Parrying each others attacks while trying to find openings to land a combo or using channeling to reveal a weak point, similar to a boss from Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden. Though I suppose that’s a topic for another time.

The main issue with building a boss that encourages parkour is accounting for the freedom of movement and range of abilities available to the player. Warframes can rapidly change direction on the ground and in midair, and frames like Titania can even fly! It’ll be interesting to see how DE approaches making future boss fights that can challenge the current power and versatility of Warframes.

Yes, this is what we need, especially with more focus on melee.  I mainly use melee and most of the boss fights are infuriating as they are just the lame and uninspired "shoot the glowing weak spot until the bad guy dies".  I just want to hit them with my sword. Utilize parkour and the melee mechanics and we can have some badass fights.  Stalker will be a particularly good one.  Would love to be able to do a proper "duel".

The most intense boss battle I've had was against the Jackal. Boii the gear I was using at the time were braton, afuris(?) I think and the jaw sword. I was newb then and didn't know S#&$ on what to do so I was running and bullet jumpong all over while shooting the jackal and even close to do some melee damage. The fight went on for like 15 mins and I gave up lmao since I wasn't doing any damage but damn that was fun using up all my arsenal as excal and going all-out.

I think to make boss fights challenging they should add something like a trap/restraint or put the tenno in place or like a anti-tenno weapon to immobilised us from moving. Maybe give the enemy to grab and pin down the tenno 🙂

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

A staggeringly unfun damage sponge? 

We've got that, it's Sortie Lephantis. 

Lephanthis melts with dex pixia. The only problem is solo, because wframe trolls you by spawning in the upper level for stage 2. You can see him, but cant descend to the lower floor.

other than that void blast and a good soma, etc makes short work of the heads.

but if you want a good fight 

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

A staggeringly unfun damage sponge? 

We've got that, it's Sortie Lephantis. 

Have you played Horizon Zero Dawn? The mechanical enemies in that were bullet sponges done right, big enemies like the Thunderjaw Had a ton of health but also mobility and a truckload of breakable parts that would break off satisfyingly when you stuff arrows in them, problem with warframe bosses is they're bullet sponges but not satisfying to shoot at