Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What other tilesets do you do think should DE rework

greenknight40

i think people need to be able to take a step back and separate problems with Tilesets themselves(like the actual design), certain Video Effects being applied to Tilesets, and problems with how Waypoints got downgraded this year and are even less useful to those that don't know where to go as well as if there are badly shaped Collisions that get Players stuck.
Waypoints especially - remember to blame who's really at fault! Waypoints being garbage isn't the fault of the Tileset. and similarly it is not the fault of the Tileset itself that Color Correction makes every Tileset look stupid, unrealistic, and hard to see in.

Edited by taiiat

IMO the Artists point of view in Level design is also important. Yes, places like the Fortress and Eris can be are painful to navigate through (Looking at you kuva flood), but tbh anything else wouldnt make any sense for an completely infested ship. the derelict had huge halls to begin with, that help with Parkour but thats simply not possible when you cramp an corpus ship. Best Thing is just to accept it. Ist not the easiest tileset to parkour but its a nice Change to the usual style of warframe and wouldnt feel right otherwise

While I don't think it needs an update, I think the designers could do a great job with a refresh of the Grineer Asteroid tileset. Caves, tunnels, grisly mechanical works and the occasional space where gravity gets wonky (the asteroid is in free space, after all). Sweet lighting, echoes, and dampness.

Quite honestly, I don't think that "being a pain to navigate" or "takes too long to travel from A to B" should be an issue here. Sure, some areas can get redundant, like the Orokin towers or the outdoors area of the Kuva Fortress. However, I think that the already existing tilesets give you enough ambience as it is: the acid rains of Ceres, the isolation of the Derelicts, Europa's frozen wastes, and so on. I'd always go for ambience over how linear a map can be to navigate.

If I had to pick a tileset that least represents what the atmosphere should be, I'd name the Corpus Outpost. It's a mix of rock, snow and some indoors area, hardly ever do I see it for longer than a mobile defense mission, and it doesn't really give me any particular feeling.

Yeah I definitely feel that the old grineer galleon and especially the grineer asteroid need reworks. Those two tile sets feel extremely outdated and need help sooner rather than later. But yes as some of you others said I feel that Pluto should have its own tile set. As for Eris I wont even go there. It's cramped up, dark, and its impossible to see kuva in that tileset. I'm not necessarily asking for a complete overhaul of Eris but just open it up a little more. I am just a little bit claustrophobic and i'm sure my Warframes feel the same when they are in that disgusting, cramped up tile. 

Venus, Derelict, Pluto, Neptune

All for reasons 2 and 3. They're outdated, bland, and/or have low quality textures.

47 minutes ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

Yeah I definitely feel that the old grineer galleon and especially the grineer asteroid need reworks. Those two tile sets feel extremely outdated and need help sooner rather than later. But yes as some of you others said I feel that Pluto should have its own tile set. As for Eris I wont even go there. It's cramped up, dark, and its impossible to see kuva in that tileset. I'm not necessarily asking for a complete overhaul of Eris but just open it up a little more. I am just a little bit claustrophobic and i'm sure my Warframes feel the same when they are in that disgusting, cramped up tile. 

The Galleon does not need a rework. It's one of the best looking tilesets in the game right now.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

6 hours ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

Yeah I definitely feel that the old grineer galleon and especially the grineer asteroid need reworks.

While I don't agree on the former, the latter is definitely one I had forgotten to mention in my first post. The asteroid tileset is another one of those sets that has been copy pasted around the system. When Kela released I thought DE redid Sedna, but they obviously never did. Mercury is also nothing but asteroid tileset levels. It's a relic from an old Warframe.