Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On Equinox Prime

Umquaptovis

5 hours ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

I looked over and over for clarification on what they considered her never found anything on it till about 2 months ago so if that your consideration of always your really short sighted on view of things

She has been confirmed as female (Both aspects) since August 4th, 2015; just a few days after her introduction. If that doesn't qualify as "always" then I don't know what does. It's quite the irony that you're calling him short-sighted when you didn't even look into her origins or design intention.

And just in case you decide to point it out, Adam was DE's Community Editorial Coordinator at the time of that post, so he knew what he was talking about.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

I looked over and over for clarification on what they considered her never found anything on it till about 2 months ago so if that your consideration of always your really short sighted on view of things

I will suggest looking up her release date and then watching devstreams before that date, it's my understanding the artist intended both to be female. 

As some of us view her Yin-yang symbolism one should have been male... It could simply be considered asexual released between genders pushing males into Christmas release, and potentially coming up with more asexual frames to follow this trend. 

Maybe its gonna be 4 parts like Day/Night Neuroptics, Day/Night Chassis, Day/Night Systems, and Blueprint. If DE insist following ordinary Equinox formula with 4 parts each (Neuroptic, Chassis, System, Aspect), it will be counted as 2 prime frame then prime access price should be doubled too. 

imo

On 2018-10-03 at 12:41 AM, Umquaptovis said:

Will we have to build both night and day forms then meld them together? Will the separate forms be something we build like normal parts?

Remember when people were concerned about Chroma Prime requiring components from vaulted Prime frames like Ember Prime and Saryn Prime?

I would rather they keep it to the four part requirement as it has always been with Prime Frames, even Chroma who requires multiple parts from other frames was condensed to four prime parts..it makes it for easier trades in the dojos rather than selling say like eight parts..you then have to sell four parts...then have to do a little dance to sell the rest while halving plat prices into two payments instead of one straight up transaction...People buy plat...hunters hunt relics...the market adjusts...

How did this thread even lead to that silly deviation from "Equinox Prime should be only four components like all prime frames" to "Equinox is some bigender/nonconforming hermaphrodite/AH64 Apache Helicopter SJW Wing Wang Wong" nonsense. I don't see the point in commenting on that here.

Seriously, back on topic, it is highly unlikely that we will see anything outside the usual style of releasing primes, just like how Octavia Prime is unlikely to require a Mandachord Prime and how Chroma Prime didn't require any components from other frames.

As much as I would like to have a bit of a "harder" grind for her, it would end up being an issue when trying to trade her due to possible scams ecc... So she will most likely be just 4 parts, maybe all rare like Vauban? Who knows. I just hope she will look good, that´s all I ask for. 

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt they'd go beyond the standard 3 + cells. The only way they might is if they treated it like dual-pistols and gave her a single relic all to herself.

It would be neat if they tweaked it up a bit thematically, though. Maybe instead of Neuroptics, Chassis, and Systems, we got Night Aspect, Day Aspect, and a Link.

On 2018-10-02 at 8:49 PM, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Still want her day to be Prime & Night to be Umbra... I know DE doesn't want to sell Umbra frames, but I think this could be an awesome concept, and the accessories pack wouldn't disappointed either I'm sure.

Edit... and weapons 🙂

you can't mix up a prime frame with a prime-killer frame, that doesn't fit the lore nor make sense

36 minutes ago, Update said:

you can't mix up a prime frame with a prime-killer frame, that doesn't fit the lore nor make sense

"Prime killer"? where on earth did you get that idea. Steve described Umbra as a "Dark Alternative to the Prime" and the Sacrifice quest indicated nothing alluding to "killing primes".

Edited by SilentMobius
  • Like 1

On 2018-10-03 at 12:41 AM, Umquaptovis said:

I had a thought cross my mind this morning. With the Female cycle of primes comeing up in 3 months and Mesa and Equinox being the next in line for Primes; I was wondering how are we going to build Equinox prime? Will we have to build both night and day forms then meld them together? Will the separate forms be something we build like normal parts? Might It be the first prime warframe we can not trade with out using multiple trade sessions? I would like to know what other Teno are thinking on this.

what if they did it as day aspect and night aspect and a link to make equinox and you dont have to get the parts for day and night

Maybe Equinox Prime will go really unique and akin to Akvasto and Aklex. Maybe their composition would be packed in two relics and it would be like this:

C - Forma
C - Equinox Prime Day Aspect Neuroptics
C - Equinox Prime Day Aspect Chassis
U - Equinox Prime Day Aspect System
U - Equinox Prime Day Aspect Blueprint
R - Equinox Prime Link

C - Forma
C - Equinox Prime Night Aspect Neuroptics
C - Equinox Prime Night Aspect Chassis
U - Equinox Prime Night Aspect System
U - Equinox Prime Night Aspect Blueprint
R - Equinox Prime Blueprint

That way we would know which relic contains the aspect we want, or maybe some of them are switched inbetween. I think that if Equinox Prime have aspects like the normal one, there won't be that much relics. More like, packed inside two relics.

1 hour ago, KalaSanggurdi said:

Maybe Equinox Prime will go really unique and akin to Akvasto and Aklex. Maybe their composition would be packed in two relics and it would be like this:

C - Forma
C - Equinox Prime Day Aspect Neuroptics
C - Equinox Prime Day Aspect Chassis
U - Equinox Prime Day Aspect System
U - Equinox Prime Day Aspect Blueprint
R - Equinox Prime Link

C - Forma
C - Equinox Prime Night Aspect Neuroptics
C - Equinox Prime Night Aspect Chassis
U - Equinox Prime Night Aspect System
U - Equinox Prime Night Aspect Blueprint
R - Equinox Prime Blueprint

That way we would know which relic contains the aspect we want, or maybe some of them are switched inbetween. I think that if Equinox Prime have aspects like the normal one, there won't be that much relics. More like, packed inside two relics.

Honestly I don’t think an Equinox Prime Link is needed because the non-Prime variant doesn’t have it, and also it would dilute the loot pool a bit. Might be best to just have the blueprints and component blueprints for the day and night form. Perhaps make the rare reward for both relics the Prime blueprint while keeping everything else as you’ve already described.

Edited by Almighty_Jado

Lemme make this simple for everyone.

Equinox = female, so those who still try to find a way to make it sound its logical that she isnt or in anyway attempt to legit reason that shes a half male, silence. The developers themselves say shes a female. Its 2019 and just because she has a more masculine side shes a guy? Please.

If her prime does end up being different and has nine parts, you either farm, or buy her to avoid the work. All done.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)Lwyu said:

Lemme make this simple for everyone.

Equinox = female, so those who still try to find a way to make it sound its logical that she isnt or in anyway attempt to legit reason that shes a half male, silence. The developers themselves say shes a female. Its 2019 and just because she has a more masculine side shes a guy? Please.

If her prime does end up being different and has nine parts, you either farm, or buy her to avoid the work. All done.

The reason I think some people want her to be male/halfmale is because it would be seen as transgender representation. Though, I'm of the mindset it's completely up to the original artist on what they want their character to be.

It's clear that her acquisition method will be the same as all other frames.  

BUT

All components will be from Axi relics

All components will be rare

All components will cost 10k Cryotic, 2k Oxium and 5 Nitain each

15 Orokin Cells to build

Just to tie it up in difficulty to acquire to the normal variant.

On 2019-01-06 at 2:04 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

Honestly I don’t think an Equinox Prime Link is needed because the non-Prime variant doesn’t have it

The normal version still has the market-purchasable BP, which is the same case for all Warframes/Weapons.

Anyway regarding this topic, Primes are not following non-Primes methods. People have already talked about Chroma NOT requiring Ember/Saryn parts, but also think about all the Prime weapons. Redeemer was supposed to be Vasto + two Skanas, good luck with that.

See the Primes versions as the pristine ones. Orokins have successfully made Equinox Prime from scratch, maybe based on some bipolar Tenno or whatever. The normal one is the "mass-production" one, maybe "we" couldn't find a way to reproduce this process so we GTFO'd and built Equinox from two Warframes.

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

The normal version still has the market-purchasable BP, which is the same case for all Warframes/Weapons.

Well yes, all I meant was that if you include an Equinox Prime Link in the relic table, you’re increasing the amount of grind. If DE were to use Kala’s method of acquisition, then it would be best for no Link to be added as a technical Prime Component. Otherwise, you’re diluting the loot pool.

That being said, I am fully aware that Equinox receiving a mundane form of acquisition like Chroma Prime and every other Prime Warframe is a very real (and high) probability, and I’m cool with it.

3 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Well yes, all I meant was that if you include an Equinox Prime Link in the relic table, you’re increasing the amount of grind. If DE were to use Kala’s method of acquisition, then it would be best for no Link to be added as a technical Prime Component. Otherwise, you’re diluting the loot pool.

That being said, I am fully aware that Equinox receiving a mundane form of acquisition like Chroma Prime and every other Prime Warframe is a very real (and high) probability, and I’m cool with it.

Yeah, everybody is fine with it I guess.

But at least, adding the link would make Equinox be a 10-part Warframe (2x Chassis/Systems/Neuroptics/BP + Link and "general" BP), so that they could use the AkVasto/AkLex(? Not sure) treatment, aka 2 relics being Equinox-only.

5 hours ago, stormy505 said:

The reason I think some people want her to be male/halfmale is because it would be seen as transgender representation. Though, I'm of the mindset it's completely up to the original artist on what they want their character to be.

Yeah I get that, but shes not and people dont understand its not their choice at all. Its far been chosen by the creator that the warframe is 100% female. 

No the reason people see her as half male is because as a marketed female frame her design poorly represents that. 

Either make her look female in both forms or make it so she's half male and half female, especially since she takes up a female frame spot.

Edited by Chaemyerelis
  • Like 1