The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Goodbye strata relay...

._.-._.

On 2018-10-03 at 7:38 PM, Primbone said:

we had rebuilt the relay, yet the attacker (fomorian in this case) strikes again so soon...

i cri :sadcry:

(unless ppl is keep destroying fomorian and call it a day)

Fomorian wont destroy i think after fomorian it will be relay under attack and u have to kill some grineer than everything will be fine

9 minutes ago, mikakor said:

Except that for now, we KNOW that these event are scripted so we can win. Now you gotta finda source that says that these events aren't scripted anymore.

Broski, we don't "know" anything.  We all assume.   We knew they MAY have been scripted. There -waaaaas- alot of evidence to suggest as much, but we don't KNOW anything for sure at this point in time.

I do recall devs mentioning the whole POINT of this update was for them to be able to allow the Relays to be destroyed and rebuilt regularly, so that people would find more immersion in events like Razorback, etc.

Do I have an exact timestamp and devstream?  Nope.   I'm not gonna argue back and forth to prove something that's already out there.  

In fact, even without word of the devs, there is plenty to suggest this is now the case; that the relays CAN be destroyed.  But whatever.  You do you.  Save it.  Don't save it.  Couldn't care less. I ain't gonna waste time going back and forth or scouring through hours of video to prove what I already know, though.

I bet there are many Tenno that would love to have the Balor Fomorian blow up the Relay that houses Baro this particular weekend... Anyway, off topic mode off, I don't know what will happen but this is certainly one event I never look forward to, it's a boring and annoying affair mostly. Now that I got that Imperator Vandal Receiver I have no motivation to run it, other than getting the credit/catalyst loot which can be done in one run. Not to mention that collecting the Isotopes requires doing another boring and repetitive thing, which in this particular case also happened to be on a low enemy level planet, Earth.

Perhaps the destruction of a Relay might act as a "motivator" of some sorts, but would that really hurt us in some way? I really don't know, but it doesn't feel that way.

Am 3.10.2018 um 18:17 schrieb Tsoe:

i just want to fight grineers in the relay again

After reading this i thought that it would be pretty funny if the relay becomes a node on the starchart permanently with grineers occupying it all the time.

Because for me, fighting on the relay was a pretty fun experience. Since it is a rather small tileset, it could be an interception for example.

On top, the Grineer could get a "Supply-bar" with has no timer attached to it, so once people played a certain amount of missions there, the relay can be free again.

2 hours ago, Primbone said:

Still, none of us see razorbacks in action destroying the relay yes?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its not even confirmed that the razorbacks destroy a relay. From what some dataminers gathered the corpus will take over the relay as an operation point, they even have a boss leading the action who was never introduced but has scripts premade for him.

I currently cant find those screenshots but im sure someone has them.

I'd be happy to see Strata go. Being a boring wet blanket, I always preferred the copy and paste silver relays, because they all have the same layout and I don't need to use my brain to navigate them to where I want to be.

Considering how much of a squint the goddang relay has been givin me with all the edge and fire effects? Blow it up....

I'll build it up all over again solo if I have to, long as it ain't as edgy/ look like someone left the stove on. There's theming then there's strata relay in its current form, last I checked Earth ain't all burnt up fallout style and yet the relay is all burning just cause Ruk was the boss in the event?

Dude is in Saturn, just grab a fire extinguisher and make strata relay an earthy hub with plants or something that looks like earth but spectacular in scope, not like a giant space stove that planet earth ejected in its current form.

On 2018-10-03 at 11:13 AM, FlusteredFerret said:

Strap on your Archwings and blow the sucker to kingdom come...

...the Fomorian...not the relay... :wink:

I found the mission itself very irritating. Somehow as I spawn in I keep getting circled in while everyone else goes straight in and does it without me. Did it a few times but quit.

5 hours ago, Tsardova said:

Considering how much of a squint the goddang relay has been givin me with all the edge and fire effects? Blow it up....

I'll build it up all over again solo if I have to, long as it ain't as edgy/ look like someone left the stove on. There's theming then there's strata relay in its current form, last I checked Earth ain't all burnt up fallout style and yet the relay is all burning just cause Ruk was the boss in the event?

Dude is in Saturn, just grab a fire extinguisher and make strata relay an earthy hub with plants or something that looks like earth but spectacular in scope, not like a giant space stove that planet earth ejected in its current form.

It's ember themed hence the ember statue...That's why there's fire.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

It's ember themed hence the ember statue...That's why there's fire.

Last i checked ember's gotten through ruk, which is stationed on saturn.... still a theming that came from the left field really. If they really wanted to theme something for strata relay they coulda picked titania or something but nope, ember cause 0 reason.

4 minutes ago, mikakor said:

Honestly the relay look much more like Red Veil than any other syndicate. I don't mind if it blows up and that we create a new one for cressa who REALLY look like his syndicate. 

But it's never about syndicate. Relays are themed after Warframes