Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About bane mods: we need another slot or can't fit them anywhere

(PSN)cleefsentence

47 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

No.   Normal bane mods are worth using, the primes even more so.  Players either don't get how good even the base versions are or if the do, are just to lazy to put it into a build.

I suppose you use them then. So every mission with a specific faction you change your loadout or change a mod (4 factions but 3 loadouts), because it worth the time wasted and you're not lazy, right sir?

Edited by (PS4)cleefsentence

3 hours ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

I suppose you use them then. So every mission with a specific faction you change your loadout or change a mod (4 factions but 3 loadouts), because it worth the time wasted and you're not lazy, right sir?

I do use them.  Why wouldn't I?  They are stronger than an elemental. My three loadouts are simple.  Grineer. Corpus.  Corrupted.   I use Grineer loadouts for infested, just swapping the bane mod if the weapon has one.   Takes like 30 seconds.   If no bane mod, I roll with it as is. I have not changed my builds, aside from swapping bane mods on a majority of my weapons in a long long time.  KISS principle works well for me.   The bane mods don't need an extra slot.

Nah I just think these mods need to be better (higher percentages, 55% damage on a prime mod that costs 40k endo to max is garbo) and there needs to be real end game content that requires that extra bump in power for that specific enemy type. About the only one that is even remotely worth using are the corpus ones if you wanna run high risk index runs because the difficulty level means you need every scrap of extra damage you can get.

Edited by TheKazz91

What if load out slots were changed?  So you can pick your warframe loadout, and your weapon load out?

So I can pick my go to survival build, and then pick my weapon load out for Grineer/Corpus/Infested?

As it is, I pick whichever build it is, and I can either go into the mission, or I can go into my arsenal and switch my configurations.

Warframe is a game that prizes time efficiency, so I do too.

Would be a good way to bring them out of "niche" and into a "must have" grouping.

While some people love them (though what a lot of that "love" is towards a bug with them), their main issue is how they just take you out of the game to have to manage them. Having to repeatedly change out a mod just because you're going to a node that has a different faction than the one you were on before is just bad design.

So yes, putting these mods into their own slot would actually make them usable to the majority of the playerbase.

Alternatively, could just have the game auto swap builds (and adding more configs in general) if a node is using a certain faction.

Edited by Sean

7 hours ago, TheKazz91 said:

Nah I just think these mods need to be better (higher percentages, 55% damage on a prime mod that costs 40k endo to max is garbo) and there needs to be real end game content that requires that extra bump in power for that specific enemy type. About the only one that is even remotely worth using are the corpus ones if you wanna run high risk index runs because the difficulty level means you need every scrap of extra damage you can get.

Dude, multiplicative from total damage, not the base, they are really good

14 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

I do use them.  Why wouldn't I?  They are stronger than an elemental. My three loadouts are simple.  Grineer. Corpus.  Corrupted.   I use Grineer loadouts for infested, just swapping the bane mod if the weapon has one.   Takes like 30 seconds.   If no bane mod, I roll with it as is. I have not changed my builds, aside from swapping bane mods on a majority of my weapons in a long long time.  KISS principle works well for me.   The bane mods don't need an extra slot.

Kudos to you then. Swap a loadout and lose 30 seconds every mission? No thanks, i prefer a loadout that can rule them all. Like RPColten said Warframe prizes time efficiency. I stopped to change my damage type when facing grineer/corpus/infested after i reached the mr 14 for example, now i'm mr 24 and i run only corrosive and never repented.

7 hours ago, Sean said:

Would be a good way to bring them out of "niche" and into a "must have" grouping.

While some people love them (though what a lot of that "love" is towards a bug with them), their main issue is how they just take you out of the game to have to manage them. Having to repeatedly change out a mod just because you're going to a node that has a different faction than the one you were on before is just bad design.

So yes, putting these mods into their own slot would actually make them usable to the majority of the playerbase.

Whe have mods like power drift that buff dps on our frames. Seems people have forgotten or doesn't know that a 15% more power strenght can be VERY useful on some builds. Without an exilus slot they were just meh mods but they have a place where we can use them. There are even people that prefer to run a rush in that exilus, or a pain thresold. so there is a choice between more dps and better usability. An exilus for weapon can be something like that: you can run a bane for more dps (need a nerf on stats obviously) or put a fast hands.

8 hours ago, Sean said:

First of all, it's not a bug, DE Glen himself made a post on twitter a while ago explaining the mechanics behind faction mods. And his post has since been reposted on reddit for even more visibility. Secondly, while I can support the idea of a 4th weapon loadout (D) since we have 4 factions in game, the concept of a faction specific mod by itself is not a problem. Equip your weapon, select your loadout, go for it. The extra step in there (which is swap your weapon loadout from A to B) really doesn't take more than 5 seconds. For people too lazy to take 5 seconds away to click a couple windows, they can just have a generic "do it all" build. It's not like the content in the game even requires specific loadouts anyways, everything is too easy. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Kudos to you then. Swap a loadout and lose 30 seconds every mission? No thanks, i prefer a loadout that can rule them all. Like RPColten said Warframe prizes time efficiency. I stopped to change my damage type when facing grineer/corpus/infested after i reached the mr 14 for example, now i'm mr 24 and i run only corrosive and never repented.

That's because we're way overpowered for the content in the game. Everything is too easy. Using the right element and the option to use faction mods to boost your damage only really becomes more relevant in higher level content, like endurance runs past a couple hours for example. 

16 hours ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

No, Warframe doesn't care about how you play.  Only players do that.    Playing the same every time.... rather slam my face into a wall.

Even though I'm one of those people who like designing new loadouts and checking their builds, even I don't use bane mods in any weapons except two, out of maybe 20+ weapons I use, and I don't bother to change them since grineer is the hardest faction to kill, though corrupted is an issue too, and on dex pixia on Titania since I only use her with plague star.

DE really needs to implement a way to automatically switch bane mods to a correct faction one for each mission so we can make use of them. That'd be power creep but smaller amount than adding a new slot for these mods. And you'd have to swap the bane mod manually for new slot anyways unless they changed automatically so it's better to just make it automatic.

6 hours ago, _Vortus_ said:

No, Warframe doesn't care about how you play.  Only players do that.    Playing the same every time.... rather slam my face into a wall.

Not my fault if corrosive (and slash) is the best damage in the game and there is no real need to swap my element. We're not talking about which frames bring to a mission so i can have fun with abilities. I swap damage only when hunting eidolons. I have builds with hunter munitions and viral but my "way to go" is corrosive (and slash).

Le 08/10/2018 à 21:20, (PS4)cleefsentence a dit :

If you need the extra damage odds are it's worth it. It's that simple. 

Le 09/10/2018 à 01:49, TheKazz91 a dit :

Nah I just think these mods need to be better (higher percentages, 55% damage on a prime mod that costs 40k endo to max is garbo)

You are a bit crazy 😧 +55% beats every single mod in the game save for Heavy Caliber which sits at +62% and Rivens. 

It also beats everything in the game for DoT builds, where that +55% becomes +140% (only for the DoT). 

Primed Bane mods give you extra power, a LOT of it, and they're definitely worth a slot. If you don't see the point of taking those 20s to swap the loadout for them, you probably are not playing the content where they become useful. Lv 100- can be handled without base damage mods... 

2 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

If you need the extra damage odds are it's worth it. It's that simple. 

With my suggestion i wanted to give a place to them so all players can use them more easily, because i doubt they are used by at least 5% of the playerbase. On warframes we have exilus slot where i can use a power drift to buff my dps so the problem to have another dps mod on our weapons isn't really a problem if they nerf the stats (from 55% to 15% for example).

If you prefer to use them like they are now and swap the loadout on your primary, secondary and soon melee good for you.

2 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

Primed Bane mods give you extra power, a LOT of it, and they're definitely worth a slot. If you don't see the point of taking those 20s to swap the loadout for them, you probably are not playing the content where they become useful. Lv 100- can be handled without base damage mods... 

I run everyday kuva survival for 40/80 min, the lvl is around 100 / 180. Still no need to use a primed bane for grineer. I have to do a 6 hours survival to give a sense to this much powercreep and free a slot just for them? 🤔

il y a 33 minutes, (PS4)cleefsentence a dit :

With my suggestion i wanted to give a place to them so all players can use them more easily, because i doubt they are used by at least 5% of the playerbase. On warframes we have exilus slot where i can use a power drift to buff my dps so the problem to have another dps mod on our weapons isn't really a problem if they nerf the stats (from 55% to 15% for example).

If you prefer to use them like they are now and swap the loadout on your primary, secondary and soon melee good for you.

I run everyday kuva survival for 40/80 min, the lvl is around 100 / 180. Still no need to use a primed bane for grineer. I have to do a 6 hours survival to give a sense to this much powercreep and free a slot just for them? 🤔

If your solution to make them more used is to make a dedicated slot for them and then nerf them to 15%, why not simply raise base damage by 15% on all guns and remove faction damage entirely? 

I don't understand your point. They're good as they are now, why does it matter who uses it? People these days complain about lv 100 armour scaling when you can kill those mobs without base damage mods... And a fully optimised damage build isn't needed until you hit lv 300 or so. A fully optimised loadout until lv 2000 and a fully optimised team brings you to level cap while asleep. 

If the problem is people are not using them, what problem is that? If it is they aren't worth their slot, i can prove you in a split second they are. If it is they're not worth the effort of swapping, it means you do content at too low of a level for it to matter.

Sadly lv 180 is bullS#&$ easy currently. Even without cheese. I'll give you an example: me and another dude in a PUG found two MR4s in an Axi survival. With their consent we went long (can't remember how much) but without a team comp and with two dead weights we blased through lv 200 mobs. And no cheese either. 

If anything, I'd ask for a way to more readily access content that challenges our build and our power level. 

To conclude, i need you to help me understand what's the problem because i really don't see it... 

1 hour ago, Autongnosis said:

If your solution to make them more used is to make a dedicated slot for them and then nerf them to 15%, why not simply raise base damage by 15% on all guns and remove faction damage entirely? 

We have serration when DE just can get rid of it and buff our weapons damage and free a slot. Much possible to receive an exilus slot and a nerf on the banes than a free buff like that.

If the problem is people are not using them, what problem is that? If it is they aren't worth their slot, i can prove you in a split second they are. If it is they're not worth the effort of swapping, it means you do content at too low of a level for it to matter.

Anything past lvl 100 doesn't exist for DE. The endurance runs are for the try harder only. The rewards doesn't scale and we have relics now, before relics doing an endurance had sense but now is not necessary. If i do missions with lvl 100 enemies i'm already doing the highest content set by DE. I do runs around the lvl 180 and still no need the bane, i have to do endurance runs just to give a sense to those mods? Maybe if we had a scaling on rewards but we don't have anything like that right now so pretty useless imho.

Sadly lv 180 is bullS#&$ easy currently. Even without cheese. I'll give you an example: me and another dude in a PUG found two MR4s in an Axi survival. With their consent we went long (can't remember how much) but without a team comp and with two dead weights we blased through lv 200 mobs. And no cheese either. 

If anything, I'd ask for a way to more readily access content that challenges our build and our power level. 

To conclude, i need you to help me understand what's the problem because i really don't see it... 

Mr rank 4 on lvl 200? Without abilities spam for crowd control (so cheese) and very good dps even frames with godly builds dies pretty fast passed a certain level, so i really doubt that a guy with unmodded stuff no needs a revive every 20 seconds in that situation. Some time ago i encountered a mr 6 in a survival that reached lvl 150 and as soon as he moved away from me (a rhino) and my friend (saryn) the enemies kept on killing him. He survived thanks to our crowd control abilities and dps. Can't call that situation "easy" because the guy was carried by us, same with your mr 4.

That's what elite alerts gonna offer (maybe, not so sure).

The problem is that there are cool mods that i can't fit anywhere (bane and utility mods). Just that.

For who say "we don't need an exilus slot on weapons" get rid of any exilus mod you're using on your frames. No really need that power drift to buff dps or that rush to run more fast 😉

6 minutes ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

The problem is that there are cool mods that i can't fit anywhere (bane and utility mods). Just that.

No. The problem is that there are mods that you want to use and ones that you don't actually want to use. Just that. 

Let's get something defined here:

opportunity cost:

A benefit, profit, or value of something that must be given up to acquire or achieve something else. Since every resource (land, money, time, etc.) can be put to alternative uses, every action, choice, or decision has an associated opportunity cost.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/opportunity-cost.html

The concept permeates all parts of the game, as it does life. If you want to use the mods you can, just give something else up. If you want to keep what you have you can, you just give up using those other mods. Do whichever you like. 

27 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

No. The problem is that there are mods that you want to use and ones that you don't actually want to use. Just that. 

Let's get something defined here:

opportunity cost:

A benefit, profit, or value of something that must be given up to acquire or achieve something else. Since every resource (land, money, time, etc.) can be put to alternative uses, every action, choice, or decision has an associated opportunity cost.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/opportunity-cost.html

The concept permeates all parts of the game, as it does life. If you want to use the mods you can, just give something else up. If you want to keep what you have you can, you just give up using those other mods. Do whichever you like. 

I want to use certain mods without give up anything else, just that. Exilus slots on warframes permits the use of dps mods, utility mods, augments, and i can expand this example on arcanes too. I don't really see the problem on expand the exilus idea when frames already got 3 more slot than primaries (exilus and arcanes). This is my opinion and that quote doesn't change the fact that my suggestion is pretty reasonable.

For who say "we don't need an exilus slot on weapons" get rid of any exilus mod you're using on your frames. No really need that power drift to buff dps or that rush to run more fast. And who needs arcane guardian when you can just put steel fiber in one slot? 😉

13 minutes ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

I want to use certain mods without give up anything else, just that.

Yes. That's the source of your problem. I want to easily buy all the stuff in game that I want, without having to give up my platinum/money. Wanting it and believing it to be reasonable aren't connected. 

Understand me, I would benefit from the change you propose, but I don't think that it's necessary. I don't really need the mods to deal with most content, and I do not believe that trading something out for them will hurt my ability to deal with most content (quite the contrary as I would be dealing more damage in many cases as people have explained). 

Sorry but that's the thing about opinions, one doesn't usually trump another. Opinion and fact aren't really the same thing at all. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977

48 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yes. That's the source of your problem. I want to easily buy all the stuff in game that I want, without having to give up my platinum/money. Wanting it and believing it to be reasonable aren't connected. 

Understand me, I would benefit from the change you propose, but I don't think that it's necessary. I don't really need the mods to deal with most content, and I do not believe that trading something out for them will hurt my ability to deal with most content (quite the contrary as I would be dealing more damage in many cases as people have explained). 

Sorry but that's the thing about opinions, one doesn't usually trump another. Opinion and fact aren't really the same thing at all. 

Yeah, i'm just defending a suggestion that seems reasonable to me: have a place where put those mods that are hard to place (utility mods too, not only banes, seems that people just see banes when read my posts 🤔).

Arcanes aren't really needed (this is a fact, not an opinion) but we can use two of them in a separate slot. The new arcane guardian solved the armor problem on squishy frames for example. Where are the "no this is not gud, we don't need this, get rid now!" posts?

Let's say that DE decides someday to delete the exilus and the arcanes slot from the warframes. For people who are against an exilus on weapons that's still ok cause "we don't need them" or i can expect topics from them where they will ask to bring them back?

Nothing will change if no one ask.

1 hour ago, (PS4)cleefsentence said:

Yeah, i'm just defending a suggestion that seems reasonable to me: have a place where put those mods that are hard to place (utility mods too, not only banes, seems that people just see banes when read my posts 🤔).

Arcanes aren't really needed (this is a fact, not an opinion) but we can use two of them in a separate slot. The new arcane guardian solved the armor problem on squishy frames for example. Where are the "no this is not gud, we don't need this, get rid now!" posts?

Let's say that DE decides someday to delete the exilus and the arcanes slot from the warframes. For people who are against an exilus on weapons that's still ok cause "we don't need them" or i can expect topics from them where they will ask to bring them back?

Nothing will change if no one ask.

So, would you be OK with them removing those slots in order for you to get what you are asking for? 

Remember that you are asking for a change, you need to show how that change is necessary. If you want to start up a thread asking for the removal of the arcane slots, go for it, as long as you think that it's actually necessary. I doubt that most people think that getting rid of the slots we currently is a necessary thing but you can try your luck at convincing them. 

Of course if you just want something without having to give anything else up, then you probably aren't actually going to be interested in having anything taken away either. 

One way or another, good luck Tenno. 

54 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So, would you be OK with them removing those slots in order for you to get what you are asking for? 

Remember that you are asking for a change, you need to show how that change is necessary. If you want to start up a thread asking for the removal of the arcane slots, go for it, as long as you think that it's actually necessary. I doubt that most people think that getting rid of the slots we currently is a necessary thing but you can try your luck at convincing them. 

Of course if you just want something without having to give anything else up, then you probably aren't actually going to be interested in having anything taken away either. 

One way or another, good luck Tenno. 

Excuse me what? Who said that? It's an example for those who say no to an exilus mod for weapons when we already have exilus and arcane slots on frames. People who keeping say nope to my absolutely reasonable suggestion because "to much powercreep" or "we don't need them" but at the same time are using the exilus and arcanes are just hypocrites for me.

I don't have to give up something else to use arcanes because they have their dedicated place, same for the exilus mods. I want something similar for weapons, i don't really see the problem in that. This is my opinion like i said, you can have another opinion no problem but i'm pretty bored to say the same things every post.