Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Sword Crafting Cost

ChillyWilly

40 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

I have 52k spare.ducats.. so what? Not everything needs to be beginner friendly.

With mentality like this you can extend it even further and - I have 50k platinum - and ever futher beyond  - I have wage of 40k per month -

So what do we learn from this well someone either has a ton of time on their hands or a ton of money and but neither of these 2 will have an abundance of both resources ( time & money) unless we are talking about a prince of some sort yet even such a person wont grind a repetitive action for hours when he can pay and have it instantly because time is the most finite resource.

• Like 1

Awww, you're really whining about 1k ducat? It's so easy to get, man. You just spend a little day farming. Even less. Take your responsibility, and go farm. There is a lot of capture, or sabotage missions, that can de done really quickly. It's not even a problem for players that... You know... Actually FARM, in a farming game. Yes, the thing needs ducat, get over it. I will spend it, and j won't give a damn because after you spent a certain period of time in the game getting that much ducat is easy, if you farm. Not even a lot...

• Like 2

How da fuk do you guys get 40k ducats per month? Do you guys just stay home for entire days farming prime parts from relics? After all, this is a quest item, and you have to remember that. If it is required to build this weapon for the next quest then thats complete bulls hit.

• Like 2

vor 57 Minuten schrieb ChillyWilly:

So the Paracesis, the weapon you got from Chimera Prologue (well the blueprint) have a cost of a whopping 1k Ducats

Lets be real, No one would spend that much ducats to get that weapon... Even it have some sort of power to defeat sentients

This is a unique case when you are putting a currency into a crafting cost. Ducats are not easy to get, after the new relic system and not old void keys. Ducats fodder is harder and harder to get since you only get 1 prime item per Relics (Taking the Relic Farm can takes 5 Minutes on average) it would take around 335 Minutes or 6 Hours and 35 Minutes getting relics and come up with worse case scenario of getting Commons (Not counting the time opening relics cause it depends on missions).

Lets put it this way. If DE comes up with a New Shotgun, and you need to use 50plat as crafting cost, would you do it? Its pretty much the same. You can earn Ducats and Platinum.

Either make the Ducats cost atleast 200 (Yes I'm not spending more than 2 rare parts for a single and possibly an MR Fodder weapon) or Change it to use Nitain or Argon instead.

Ducats SHOULD NOT be in a Crafting Recipe, THEY HAVE VALUE!

I will spend that much, who cares. Speak for yourself.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChillyWilly said:

1. That is true, but with economics in warframe, its pretty much the norm

2. Its different for people, I find getting platinum is easier than getting ducats

3. Kuva Siphons are easy to do, and they give fair amount of kuva, I won't complain if a weapon requires 6k Kuva. But Ducats is pure luck

EDIT: Also you don't need a thing that you need to consume in order to get kuva..

The main problem of getting ducat fodder is not the repetitive of opening them, but its the repetitive of obtaining the relic to be opened. again, 6 hours for 1k Ducats in worse case scenario, I'ma round it to 5 incase you get some uncommons

Oh come now, relics aren't that hard to come by. Pretty much any mission you run will reward you with one. So complaining about acquiring enough relics is on par with complaining about not having enough credits for a trade. And yes, while there is a certain amount of luck involved, this is Warframe. Luck and grind come part and parcel with this game. And there are people that think void fissures are easy to do and give a good amount of potential Ducats. It's all about perspective. But the issue was you equating Platinum to Ducats, and that was faulty.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Oh come now, relics aren't that hard to come by. Pretty much any mission you run will reward you with one. So complaining about acquiring enough relics is on par with complaining about not having enough credits for a trade. And yes, while there is a certain amount of luck involved, this is Warframe. Luck and grind come part and parcel with this game. And there are people that think void fissures are easy to do and give a good amount of potential Ducats. It's all about perspective. But the issue was you equating Platinum to Ducats, and that was faulty.

In a way I still think Platinum and Ducats are close together, but I guess I'ma drop that view point for now

Relics don't come from all mission, only endless one, And I'm sick doing endless missions, Maybe thats why

Just now, (PS4)abbacephas said:

But the issue was you equating Platinum to Ducats, and that was faulty.

Lets try another side of view.

1000 ducats give you 2-3 baro sellable items that:
a) in case of mods can be sold for 50-100 plat (frequently up to 300+ if ranked)
b) in case of weapons can be sold for 50-100 plat if you don't wait or up to 200 if you have patience
(Values come from studying the ingame market and WF market for 6 months plus)

Thats minimum 100 to a potentional max of 600+ platinum for a single weapon that needs to be built, a slot and a potato and god knows how bad it will perform after the next 3 to 6 months when melee 3.0 will be released

• Like 2

And all of this... to unlock a mainline quest and have access to the lore of the game, something that, in the past, always rewarded you, sometimes even giving you stuff you can only have with plat (weapons slots with the two Broken melee weapons, frame slot with Umbra), and now requires you to farm the Cetus' boss AND the relics AND wait for 24h just to have the honor of knowing what happens next.

What's next ? DLCs ?

Edited by Thelk641
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Lets try another side of view.

1000 ducats give you 2-3 baro sellable items that:
a) in case of mods can be sold for 50-100 plat (frequently up to 300+ if ranked)
b) in case of weapons can be sold for 50-100 plat if you don't wait or up to 200 if you have patience
(Values come from studying the ingame market and WF market for 6 months plus)

Thats minimum 100 to a potentional max of 600+ platinum for a single weapon that needs to be built, a slot and a potato and god knows how bad it will perform after the next 3 to 6 months when melee 3.0 will be released

Here's the thing: I understand all that. But the key factor here is time. In the time it takes you to make that 100 - 600 platinum, you could have been running additional void fissures and stocked up additional prime junk, which you could sell for additional Ducats. If you play the long game, yes, you can make a significant amount of platinum, but you can also acquire a significant amount of Ducats during that time as well.

• Like 1

Just now, NekroArts said:

That, spy missions, and Cetus bounties.

Thats only 2 alternative, and yes I do realize now that they drop relics.. But the rate that they drop relics is not as good as Defense or Interception missions, Thats why people do Xini or Hydron for Relics

4 minutes ago, ChillyWilly said:

Thats only 2 alternative, and yes I do realize now that they drop relics.. But the rate that they drop relics is not as good as Defense or Interception missions, Thats why people do Xini or Hydron for Relics

Hieracon, a good defense frame, easy peasy lots of Neo and axi relic. Done. 

18 minutes ago, ChillyWilly said:

Then take your pick, can't satisfy both your 'distaste' of endless and get a 'reasonable' amount of relics. If anything the amount you can get from relic packs (Syndicate) is more than the amount you can get from endless.

Edited by NekroArts