Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Melee Mains notice anything different post update?

Im_a_Turtle

On 2018-10-14 at 6:39 AM, DeMonkey said:

That and the "movement" combos seem to move you a lot further than they used to...

Almost too far, I end up having to swing 180 degrees to hit the enemy I was aiming at.

Oh man, been having this problem with some stance mods, especially for the Hirudos, the combos move you WAAYYYY past where you want to be

2 hours ago, ChaosSabre said:

A lot of these issues just seem that melee 3.0 certain stuff got implemented but isn't meshing well with old system. Mostly channeling. Considering it's getting removed would only make sense why it's so bugged atm. As for weapons flinging you forward I assume those stance moves are gonna be used as the block gap closer from melee 3.0

Sure the stance moves are gonna close the gap but what are they going to do when we start overstepping and passing our intended targets? Are we going to have to do constant 180s the entire time to stay on target or are we now require to have sticky melee targeting enabled in the options menu?

What would have been a lot better is simply increasing the weapons' reach than just removing the sliding animation effect and making the character have to resort to combo stepping to reach the enemy.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

1 hour ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

Sure the stance moves are gonna close the gap but what are they going to do when we start overstepping and passing our intended targets? Are we going to have to do constant 180s the entire time to stay on target or are we now require to have sticky melee targeting enabled in the options menu?

As ChaosSabre said, it’s because at the moment the melee 3.0 tweaks aren’t meshing with the current combos. Once melee 3.0 hits the combos you use will be different, and will likely not carry you as far since the move responsible will have been relegated to the gap closer attack. 

I flew all over the place the moment I tried out the Paracesis with cleaving whirlwind.

I don't think my being Nezha helped the situation..doing a quick crouch tap for a sudden slide mid-combo causes volt speed memes where you hit things hiding in the room behind the lancer you tried smacking.

17 minutes ago, Orblit said:

I flew all over the place the moment I tried out the Paracesis with cleaving whirlwind.

I don't think my being Nezha helped the situation..doing a quick crouch tap for a sudden slide mid-combo causes volt speed memes where you hit things hiding in the room behind the lancer you tried smacking.

So what you're saying is... you reached speeds fast enough to send you into... Orblit?

Close enough :cool:

15 hours ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Oh man, been having this problem with some stance mods, especially for the Hirudos, the combos move you WAAYYYY past where you want to be

Happen to have Brutal Tide equipped?

The 'Hamsterball Nyx' stances (the ones that provide a lot of movement with attack speed) are where the difference is most noticeable, so Clashing Forest, Brutal Tide, Final Harbinger, Tempo Royale, etc.  It gets less noticeable if you knock down attack speed (those are all Berserker weapons and lots of us had at least that and fury in those weapons) 

I'm all for having at least one stance for each weapon that's extra mobile and at least one that's less so.  That gives us options (Also, maybe another Warfan stance, I want to like that weapon) 🙂

4 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

Happen to have Brutal Tide equipped?

The 'Hamsterball Nyx' stances (the ones that provide a lot of movement with attack speed) are where the difference is most noticeable, so Clashing Forest, Brutal Tide, Final Harbinger, Tempo Royale, etc.  It gets less noticeable if you knock down attack speed (those are all Berserker weapons and lots of us had at least that and fury in those weapons) 

I'm all for having at least one stance for each weapon that's extra mobile and at least one that's less so.  That gives us options (Also, maybe another Warfan stance, I want to like that weapon) 🙂

Yeah Brutal Tide, beserker and fury lol

I noticed heavy attacks from heavy blades seem to launch enemies into the air, sometimes to unrealistic levels (yes I know this game is set in space and its not the same as on Earth blah blah blah), but when i do a slam attack with tempo royale's block combo in hydron, I wasn't expecting enemies to get launched into the ceiling from getting hit..

24 minutes ago, (PS4)brettles1983 said:

Yeah Brutal Tide, beserker and fury lol

That was my first Hamsterball Nyx stance BECAUSE of the stance-based movement 🙂

It is more manageable if you ease up on the speed boost mods, the base combo of Brutal Tide cycles FAST and it can get positively silly on a Prisma Obex.

Most other weapon/stance combos aren't quite as hilarious with the upgrade. 

I like to think we've just been given 'Breakdancing as a movement ability' and without needing so much speed we can add some reach to be a proper zone of destruction!

1 minute ago, FreeWilliam said:

That was my first Hamsterball Nyx stance BECAUSE of the stance-based movement 🙂

It is more manageable if you ease up on the speed boost mods, the base combo of Brutal Tide cycles FAST and it can get positively silly on a Prisma Obex.

Most other weapon/stance combos aren't quite as hilarious with the upgrade. 

I like to think we've just been given 'Breakdancing as a movement ability' and without needing so much speed we can add some reach to be a proper zone of destruction!

Ill probably remove Fury then.  Sounds like it is having a negative effect. 

Thanks for the heads up!

On 2018-10-13 at 2:44 PM, Im_a_Turtle said:

True, it's almost jarring on how far their range has been amped to. It's really bothering me using my crit build Fragor Prime but the added range from sliding being removed makes some basic swings cut too short and combo attacks overshoot.

I think this is to reduced the "spin to win" maiming strike non-sense that was in place and to make combos more worth using especially because combos are going to be a much bigger focus in 3.0

The more I experiment, the less I like the added movement.

Try the Hold combo with Atlantis Vulcan and no attack speed mods, literally just the base Nunchaku, you move 37 metres. If it were a targeted attack that locked onto an enemy that was up to 37 metres away and charged them... that would be fine, but to move 37 metres in a single combo with no control other than flailing my mouse around... I really hope this gets more work before Melee 3.0.

A couple of them are a little much IMHO.  

It seems like it's mostly ones that previously benefited from attack speed driven movement instead of sprint speed driven movement.  I'm pretty sure it's even a big part of why those stances get used, I know it is for me. 

I'm a little worried though that a generic dialing back will hurt all the other stances that suddenly aren't bad at all.

I'd be excited if the solution was to lower the movement and damage and increase the effective base attack speed for stances that are currently hard to maneuver in.  That way it'd be more little darts that we can use to maneuver around (with style) and less 'OW! Wall.'

Also, wouldn't complain if we ended up with at least one 'corridor' and one 'open world' type stance for each weapon class. Then they wouldn't need to all be balanced for the same content...even awesomer if we could use two and switch between them on the fly.  Then that decision wouldn't be as important and it would feel really awesome to switch between them for both practical and cinematic reasons. 🙂

Edited by FreeWilliam

On 2018-10-14 at 8:58 PM, Im_a_Turtle said:

Just found out Grineer Rollers now are able to stagger you even if you're in mid swing with a heavy weapon. Heavy weapon momentum stagger immunity is now null. EVERYBO-*Roller stun*-DY PA-*Roller stun*NIII-*Roller stun*-C!

*lancer bash lancer bash lancer bash* thats more annoying since it pushs you i think heavy weapon momentum is alittle borked it was fine on the main line only noticed the problem with the hot fix i have yet to test with other heavy weapons so ill have to give it a swing *badum tish* 

Edited by seprent