Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros needs to be looked at, especially now that you are trying to push endgame.

Thanzilla

Two of the more recent additions to the game have been Arbitrations and Elite Sanctuary onslaught.  Both are high level missions that require you to use good overall frames for solo or synergistic frames in multiplayer scenarios. Inaros might be ok solo, even though he has no damage buffing ability, because he is a tank but in multiplayer scenarios he falls completely flat.

In high level missions having reliable abilities is an important factor to success. His 1 isn't reliable at all. There is a very high chance that it might not work because the enemy is not always facing you or because of lag. There is a simple fix to this issue and it is to taunt enemies to force them to face you, providing reliable CC and team synergy. But more of that later, now let's move on to his 2 ability.

His 2 ability is a single target CC, which to no one's surprise, is of no use in a horde shooter. The devouring gimmick is cool but it takes so long to kill high level targets, it's absurd. What's more, you are completely stuck in the animation while devouring, being unable to help your team at all. I recommend making this ability deal %life damage to enemies and making it devour automatically by throwing scarabs at enemies in quicksand while recasting the ability, allowing you to move and deal with whatever your mission requires you to do. 

Moving on to his 3... you suck them in and spit them out and that's it...I am pretty sure that you can build Inaros for ability strength in the regular star chart missions and kill stuff pretty fast with this but i never bothered to do it. Inaros screams to be build as a tank and not a caster so why not give this ability something tank-like. For example taunt. This would make enemies face you for his 1 and also provide reliable CC. Oh and by the way remove the cannot attack or pretty much do anything while this is on... It looks cool but that's all it does. You are completely useless in high level missions while using 3.

His 4 is armor. It's just that. Plain and boring. Nobody uses this for healing team mates. It can be a Panic button of sorts but again, it has no reliability. It takes so long to cast and to recast it time and time again to heal people is tedious. For this reason it's just an armor buff. Why not give it some synergy as well? While you have Scarab armor you deal X% increased damage to enemies affected by any of Inaros' abilities.

Inaros feels very underwhelming and sad when played in high level missions. I pretty much use him just to get an immortal cat in kuva floods because i don't feel like reviving her. I hope that by reworking him and implementing something similar to my suggestions will make him an all around better frame. 

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Thanzilla
typo

20 minutes ago, Thanzilla said:

Inaros might be ok solo, even though he has no damage buffing ability, because he is a tank but in multiplayer scenarios he falls completely flat.

I already disagree at these points. He has very hard CC with a huge range which does help in mp. And his 1 opens enemies to finisher...which are combined with covert lethality to infinite damage

Right now the only time I use him is for Hijack missions because there are others who can do everything he does much better so yeah he could use a revisit but the same can be said for most of the other frames as well, there are 30 something Warframes but very few are viable in anything outside starchart missions, atleast he has a massive health pool and is invincible when using lifesteal making him a good survival frame

19 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I already disagree at these points. He has very hard CC with a huge range which does help in mp. And his 1 opens enemies to finisher...which are combined with covert lethality to infinite damage

Same here, his 1st with max range is great CC.

You expect Inaros to have skills amplyfing dmg, while we got a huge bunch of frames doing just that.

Inaros is an immortal tank with cc capabilities, thats his nature. I dont really think he needs any kind of rework for endgame.

Hi there

I can't see Inaros getting any attention any time soon, sorry, there's so much stuff that's being constantly worked on, there's always room for a little improvement as with most frames, but Inaros is far from broken.

I don't mean to disparage you, Inaros is my fave goto solo frame for higher level content and any positive tweaks would be welcomed, but realistically I can't see it taking a priority over other things.

Killing enemies effected by 2 with your 3 will also turn them into sand minions.  So spam 2, hit 3 done...  Now I don't disagree the damage still sucks and needs building damage. 

Slapping 4 at the cost of armor continues the insanity the scarab swarm will heal you as its spread all over the room. Even more with your 3... The issue here is you now want to be hit to be fed energy,  and with an entire room being crippled...  You will diminish. 

Edited by Squeekly

1 is used for cc and finishers

2 is for healing and be immune

3 is useless i agree it needs some tweaks

4 is for armor, healing and cc useful on high level survivals and high level bosses while u fight the boss throw a 4 on minions and watch the rest of the team die while u continue attacking

If i would change 1 thing it would be his passive.Either change it completely or make it so it bypasses armor,shield etc and go straight for hp 

FYI you can also cast his 2 but not devour your target, then anyone can get life from it too, or you just can use his 3 upon him and still getting life from him.

Now if you think a frame isn't viable because you still need weapons to kill stuff we can't agree much. I think you want Inaros to be something he's not designed to be, so maybe you should avoid him completely at this point.

I still don't quite understand why people are so okay with how Inaros is right now. Sure, he's a decent tank, but I can take Gara or Nezha and be just as tanky while having more options to aid the team. Inaros is just a walking health bar

Pocket Sand is fine. It can blind and open enemies to finishers. Even if it doesn't blind, or if allies kill the blinded enemies first, Inaros can still get some healing from it. 

Devour takes way too long to do it's job. For how long it takes to make a Sand Shadow, they're pretty useless too. The Devour damage should ramp up over time, with the healing ramping up just as fast too. The healing ramping up should stop the "Oh, but it makes him invincible!" argument. Inaros is sitting still and focused on devouring a single enemy. Once Inaros is at full health, or the enemy if fully devoured, Inaros has no more use for the invincibility.

Sandstorm needs something. Sure, it's okay cc, but it's also on the level of Zephyr's old Tornado, where enemies are just hurled everywhere and makes it annoying for the team. This needs to be changed. The interaction between Sandstorm and Devour is also kinda clunky. This interaction encourages Sandstorm to be used on a lot of Devour targets, but Devour is a skill meant for single target application. Trying to cast devour on many targets before Sandstorming them will result in either allies slaughtering them, or Inaros taking too much time and dying from enemy fire.

Scarab Swarm has potential, but the fact that allies will just slaughter any affected enemies instantly makes this part of the skill near useless. Don't waste your stacks, it's not worth it.

Try putting on a maxed Arcane Grace and suddenly Inaros doesn't have any reason to use abilities at all. Removing the healing aspect of his skills shows just how bad his kit is right now. Inaros just walks in and walks out. Sure, Rhino and Nezha can do the same, but they also have reliable healing/energy restoration or team damage buff, and an instant AoE CC. Gara can scale up to be a walking nuke, as well as providing strong CC and a "Safe Zone". Inaros has annoying CC or is negated by the existence of allies. It's simply bad design.

10 hours ago, EchoesOfRain said:

I still don't quite understand why people are so okay with how Inaros is right now. Sure, he's a decent tank, but I can take Gara or Nezha and be just as tanky while having more options to aid the team. Inaros is just a walking health bar

Pocket Sand is fine. It can blind and open enemies to finishers. Even if it doesn't blind, or if allies kill the blinded enemies first, Inaros can still get some healing from it. 

Devour takes way too long to do it's job. For how long it takes to make a Sand Shadow, they're pretty useless too. The Devour damage should ramp up over time, with the healing ramping up just as fast too. The healing ramping up should stop the "Oh, but it makes him invincible!" argument. Inaros is sitting still and focused on devouring a single enemy. Once Inaros is at full health, or the enemy if fully devoured, Inaros has no more use for the invincibility.

Sandstorm needs something. Sure, it's okay cc, but it's also on the level of Zephyr's old Tornado, where enemies are just hurled everywhere and makes it annoying for the team. This needs to be changed. The interaction between Sandstorm and Devour is also kinda clunky. This interaction encourages Sandstorm to be used on a lot of Devour targets, but Devour is a skill meant for single target application. Trying to cast devour on many targets before Sandstorming them will result in either allies slaughtering them, or Inaros taking too much time and dying from enemy fire.

Scarab Swarm has potential, but the fact that allies will just slaughter any affected enemies instantly makes this part of the skill near useless. Don't waste your stacks, it's not worth it.

Try putting on a maxed Arcane Grace and suddenly Inaros doesn't have any reason to use abilities at all. Removing the healing aspect of his skills shows just how bad his kit is right now. Inaros just walks in and walks out. Sure, Rhino and Nezha can do the same, but they also have reliable healing/energy restoration or team damage buff, and an instant AoE CC. Gara can scale up to be a walking nuke, as well as providing strong CC and a "Safe Zone". Inaros has annoying CC or is negated by the existence of allies. It's simply bad design.

I am quoting you in hopes that the developers, when reading this thread, will skip all the "everything is fine, you just don't know how to play" posts and read yours.

I wish there was a way to delete spam-like posts for visibility's sake.

Edited by Thanzilla

Okay heres some quick idea on how to fix the issues:

1) Leave his first as is with the addition that it now creates sand armor on allies granting them overheals equal to 1% of his total health. Its not much but read on before judging.

2)Devour is now a toggle skill. While its active all skills of Inaros grant additional sand armor to allies within range equal to 5% of his max health along with healing inaros for a percentage of damage dealt and turning dead enemies into sand shadows.

3) The tornado keeps its hard CC aspect but now every enemy entering its range is drastically slowed for every second under the effect while getting slowly buried in sand. When devour is active this skill grants sand armor, heals inaros and creates sand shadows.

4) His ult apart from the armor bonus now creates sand armor all over him what has health equal to the drained amount. While the sand armor is on damage taken by allies is transferred to it. Retains all other fuctions it has currently.

2 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

1) Leave his first as is with the addition that it now creates sand armor on allies granting them overheals equal to 1% of his total health. Its not much but read on before judging.

2)Devour is now a toggle skill. While its active all skills of Inaros grant additional sand armor to allies within range equal to 5% of his max health along with healing inaros for a percentage of damage dealt and turning dead enemies into sand shadows.

3) The tornado keeps its hard CC aspect but now every enemy entering its range is drastically slowed for every second under the effect while getting slowly buried in sand. When devour is active this skill grants sand armor, heals inaros and creates sand shadows.

4) His ult apart from the armor bonus now creates sand armor all over him what has health equal to the drained amount. While the sand armor is on damage taken by allies is transferred to it. Retains all other fuctions it has currently.

I feel like this would change Inaros a bit too much. People are obviously already ready with their pitchforks at the simple thought of buffing a frame a bit. A revisit needs to stick close to what Inaros currently is.

Pocket sand is fine as it is

Devour, again, ramp up the damage and healing over time. Sand Shadows are currently useless because it takes so long to devour a single enemy. The healing ramping up with the devour damage should balance out a lower invincibility time. Again, there's no reason to be invincible during a devour other to protect inaros while he heals up. Longer invincibility means longer amount of time he's not contributing to the team, or doing anything in the mission at all. Let him safely and quickly heal, make a sand shadow, and move on.

Sandstorm, I'd be totally fine with just giving it the zephyr tornado treatment to make it less annoying for allies. 

Scarab swarm, allow the swarm to stick to allied units, healing the ally in the process. This would allow allies to gain some healing over time, even if they slaughter your enemy targets. The swarm may even spread from them to new enemies or other allies. 

I really dont get why people would be so against such slight changes to make Inaros a bit more reliable in a team setting. I get that he can be so useful in solo, I know that his kit can make him a solo God...but teammates just make his skills feel like he has no impact. I literally just want to feel helpful towards my team rather than just being a walking health bar.

9 minutes ago, EchoesOfRain said:

really dont get why people would be so against such slight changes to make Inaros a bit more reliable in a team setting. I get that he can be so useful in solo, I know that his kit can make him a solo God...but teammates just make his skills feel like he has no impact. I literally just want to feel helpful towards my team rather than just being a walking health bar.

I tried to stay with his sand and egypt theme.

I put in a sand armor what doesnt benefit inaros itself only allies, changed devour to be less effective but freeing inaros from the locked animation, made sandstorm from a tornado into an actual sand storm for easier targeting and the changes to the ult once again doesnt benefit inaros himself in any way. Its a coop update.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Fallen_Echo:

i would play that, but I find your idea for his 2nd a bit to strong. The healing per damage done would either make him insanely harder to kill as he is right now or won't matter at all.

In My Opinion a duration based effect that has a chance to transform Enemies killed by Inaros into Sandshades while also applying ~5% of said Enemies max Health as a Temporary Healthpool to Allies in range would benefit the group potential of Inaros the more without making him op.

Another question I have, the Sand armor would be like temporal HP like Ironskin? Or would it add armor?

Edited by Darkuhn

Honestly, Inaros is fine, i would like Sandstorm to get the Zephyr tornadoes treatment and maybe a little less of energy cost (just a little), but nothing more as everything else from Inaros relies on actually knowing how to play the frame. Devour is fine, as it's purpose is to be slow, which makes the one using it invincible, not specifically for inaros but for allies in need as not everyone is fond of using operator mode for that specially channeling frames, killing enemies on devour with sandstorm is the ideal way to get healing and minions fast. Most people who argue Inaros doesn't have anything like Roar or Blazing Chakram are wrong as enemies open to finishers by his 1 also receive a stealth multiplier on damage, which doesn't apply only to melee (i often use this to push weapon damage further), so not only it makes enemies CC'd it also makes them weaker, not to mention how his 4 is also a team healing skill and CC at the same time. Inaros has Tankiness, CC, Healing, Debuffing and protection for allies.

I definitely stand in the "Leave him be" camp on this one.  The exception perhaps being his 3 - something more akin to Frosts' Ice Wave with a quicksand twist would be more useful with range + strength mods.

As for his synergy being in question, tell me how a frame that is always there to revive you whilst stomping the enemies is not synergistic?  He is the best combat medic in the game.  😉 

Tbh i would swap out his 3rd and his 4th. Tweak the numbers a bit, and make his 4th become a channel that creates an aura of sandstorm around him. Enemies inside get slowed and have an accuracy debuff, and maybe do something creative like interact with his other skills. That would solidify his role as a support healer / off tank and give him something to hinge some interplay in his kit.