Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone actually use the Sniper Mod "Target Acquired?"

GunRaptor9000

Question

With "Sharpshooter" now available for sniper rifles, I was looking into ways to build a rifle specifically around that mod to harvest energy.

I started out with Argon Scope and the normal crit mods on a few different rifles (Vectis Prime, Snipetron Vandal, etc).

But then I found that there was this random mod that I've never gotten from PoE: "Target Acquired"

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Target_Acquired

So, messing around with it, it seems like it would be amazing if I had a 9th slot on my sniper rifles, but it doesn't seem to compare to various other builds.

I've seen very little talk about this mod, so I'm wondering if I'm just using it wrong.

Has anyone had any notable use cases for Target Acquired?  If not used in conjunction with Sharpshooter and / or crit builds, then where have you found it useful?  What rifles can use it most effectively?

As a secondary question, what rifles and builds have people found to be effective hosts for Sharpshooter, preferably with Hush attached so that Ivara can use a sniper rifle to maintain stealth?

Thanks!

21 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

If I actually had the damn thing I’d probably use it.

Messing around with Target Acquired, it feels almost identical to Argon Scope....I'm trying to find any effective difference with any rifle.....maybe the Vulkar Wraith will benefit from it due to how low its crit chance is.....

I sure do use it. DUKATGL.jpg

I use the above build for playing around on plains, nothing serious. When it lands a crit, I've seen pretty close to 250k dmg. On a sniper with better crit chance, like Snipetron Vandal, or Vectis Prime, it'd do wonderful. On the plus, all 3 have x dmg on headshot.

And I got no use for Sharpshooter.

The +60% headshot multiplier might not be much of a deal compared to 15 energy, 
since ability spamming on enemies might do you a better kill ratio than the increase in headshot damage.

You might not want to use Sharpshooter on frame like Trinity since her EV would make the mod basically useless.

If you are going for killing / firepower for headshot Argon Scope might make more sense 
since a lot of sniper rifles have decent crit chance, 50% Vulkar Wraith,  62.5% for Vectis, Snipetron Vandal, 75% for Vectis Prime with point strike
With Argon Scope the buffed crit chance to 100+% will guarantee increased damage every shot that with Vital sense would definitely give more than 
the 60%, and it is on bodyshot as well so enemies getting shot by punch through and taking collateral damage will take the increased damage as well.

1 hour ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

The +60% headshot multiplier might not be much of a deal compared to 15 energy, 

Think about this for a second.  Rubico Prime with Point Strike, Target Acquired, Vital Sense, being used by Ivara in Prowl getting a 200% power strength boosted Headshot bonus on top of all that.   *que evil smile*  

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

Think about this for a second.  Rubico Prime with Point Strike, Target Acquired, Vital Sense, being used by Ivara in Prowl getting a 200% power strength boosted Headshot bonus on top of all that.   *que evil smile*  

Argon Scope on Rubico Prime, Point Strike, Vital Sense,
95% base crit, 6.6x yellow crit, 13.2x orange crit.

Same usable with Ivara in prowl.

146% crit with Argon Scope buff.
put split chamber to even out the orange crit with multishot. or insane 2x orange crit if the target got unlucky

I am testing hunter munition over elemental on experimental builds currently, 
but it seems rubico prime have too little base slash to make the bleeding work.

Vectis Prime can 2 shot a level 125 corrupted heavy gunner without stealth attack bonus.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

Argon Scope on Rubico Prime, Point Strike, Vital Sense,
95% base crit, 6.6x yellow crit, 13.2x orange crit.

Same usable with Ivara in prowl.

146% crit with Argon Scope buff.
put split chamber to even out the orange crit with multishot. or insane 2x orange crit if the target got unlucky

I am testing hunter munition over elemental on experimental builds currently, 
but it seems rubico prime have too little base slash to make the bleeding work.

Vectis Prime can 2 shot a level 125 corrupted heavy gunner without stealth attack bonus.

A bit OOT, I thought munition's bleeding doesn't involve base slash?

I'm using synapse with full crit build and the bleed proc from munition is like 70% of the overall damage.

3 hours ago, PERSONA-NON-GRAKATA said:

A bit OOT, I thought munition's bleeding doesn't involve base slash?

I'm using synapse with full crit build and the bleed proc from munition is like 70% of the overall damage.

Edit - tested out, seems like nothing to do with base slash, so rubico prime with Hunter Munition would be insanely good too.

The thing with weapon that does not have slash as the highest value might be less desirable with Hunter Munition 
is other procs can dilute the slash proc making it less frequent and reliable.

This is pure slash build Dread with Hunter Munition, 3 - 4 arrows to kill one corrupted heavy gunner at level 125.
Edit - earlier I remember the tick being 3k - 4k but upon investigation it is 9718 per tick.

Vectis Prime seems to be hitting equally around 9734, so my guess i base slash might have little to do with the slash proc.
Just the proc occurrence with other damage type reducing the frequency of slash proc occurrence.

I might need my lazy self to work on getting Rubico prime to test it out.

50C0ADD19F2C4829B0DCFAB4AE10DB09F56FEC37

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

i think the mod is quite okay if someone doesnt have a riven. with a riven the matter looks totally different. i do have one for every sniper but snipetron and even if i wanted to put it on one i wouldnt have the mod slot on any to spare so...i think it depends on how someone builds but with a riven its even more difficult to justify this mod imo.

Edit - tested out, seems like nothing to do with base slash, so rubico prime with Hunter Munition would be insanely good too.

The thing with weapon that does not have slash as the highest value might be less desirable with Hunter Munition 

This is pure slash build Dread with Hunter Munition, 3 - 4 arrows to kill one corrupted heavy gunner at level 125.
Edit - earlier I remember the tick being 3k - 4k but upon investigation it is 9718 per tick.

Vectis Prime seems to be hitting equally around 9734, so my guess i base slash might have little to do with the slash proc.
Just the proc occurrence with other damage type reducing the frequency of slash proc occurrence.

This is how munitions rolls with my synapse

https://imgur.com/egmuwms

Notice the bleeding

11 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

might need my lazy self to work on getting Rubico prime to test it out.

Don't know if you know this or not, but procs such as slash, toxin, etc scale from the damage done on the initial hit that triggered the proc.  Meaning that Hunters Munitions on a weapon with higher crit damage will have more slash damage on crit than one that crits with lower crit multiplier.  

So, the Target Acquired mod in combination with Hunters is much better than just Hunters without Target Acquired.  Hence why I want the mod to double down on headshot damage bonuses with the extremely high crit multiplier of the Rubico Prime to also boost the damage of my Gas AoE procs.  Basically get one headshot kill with massive damage and kill the surrounding enemies also.  

The mod is amazing, but only some some snipers. Very few mods have their own multiplier these days, so something like heavy caliber, which is really only 63% more damage ((1+1.65+1.65)/(1+1.65)), can be replaced by this mod without the loss of accuracy. Most builds include mods that really don't increase much damage, so with some development of skill, you can use this mod to get that extra umph.

The only times its somewhat not worth it is with ivara, vectis, or vulkar. Reason is that the buff is additive with them, so something like ivara's prowl at 250% PS would get only 30% more damage, while vectis gets +37.5% more damage. It's still worth it for HM builds though.

20 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

According to this: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage%2FTrue_Damage and if I understand that correctly, your Total Dmg output is 9718.

On 2018-10-19 at 5:26 AM, GunRaptor9000 said:

As a secondary question, what rifles and builds have people found to be effective hosts for Sharpshooter, preferably with Hush attached so that Ivara can use a sniper rifle to maintain stealth?

Thanks!

To this, I tried silencer modded guns with Ivara recently and it breaks stealth. They have to have their base unmodded noise level as silent to not break stealth. And to my knowledge, you can't make use of navigator's massive damage bonus with snipers, has to be bow or thrown weapon or something.

This thread is from the 19 october so nearly a necro.

Any sniper rifle with hush work with ivara (personal experience).

The only sniper with projectiles for navigator is the lanka, all other are hitscan ones.

The only snipers which gain headshot bonus are vectis, snipetron and vulkar. For example, the beauty of the rubico is, that you can simply shoot anything from an opponent to gain massive hits. All others (except lanka) need to hit the tiny head or they suck are not so good.

The mod sharpshooter competes with a modslot vs a riven, hush, hunters munitions and lasting purity (argon scope, target aquired etc.) I dont see that happen.