Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

this new fetch mod

mikakor

This was a step in the right direction, I just hope it doesn't work like "Retrieve" (last time I used it, it was horrible).
But I don't think a lot of people, or new players, will use companions just yet because of the high investment they need to survive and/or deal damage. Not to mention their AI.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

This was a step in the right direction, I just hope it doesn't work like "Retrieve" (last time I used it, it was horrible).
But I don't think a lot of people, or new players, will use companions just yet because of the high investment they need to survive and/or deal damage. Not to mention their AI.

One obvious advantage of pets over sentinels is that you can revive them.

Best you can do with sentinels is to use (Primed)Regen or use Djinn for infinite revives.

I'm looking forward to start using my pets more often ( and excited with the Moa too, what they showed on the dev stream looked awesome )

wont make much of a difference for me; the problem with pets lies in their unneeded maintenance micromanagement, attack AI, pathing, target and aggro managing,roaming and wandering behavior, resurrection needed causing entire party distracion, and general lack of utility caused by all type of mods (attack, utility, survival, damage) stuck together into the same mod slots.

8 minutes ago, Elkale said:

resurrection needed causing entire party distracion

Honestly this is why i hate pets, i really hate going into some mission only to have to keep rezing some ones stupid pet because it uses the same resurrection icon as a player.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

One obvious advantage of pets over sentinels is that you can revive them. 

Best you can do with sentinels is to use (Primed)Regen or use Djinn for infinite revives.

However, when pets go down constantly and are very far, one can easily get annoyed with it, mainly if it's because the pet is not following you soon enough. That doesn't happen with Sentinels.

If your Sentinel dies, it's mostly because of very strong AoEs or because you're under heavy fire (e.g., you were knocked down), and not because your Sentinel decided to try to hold enemies off as you rush though tiles.

Fetch is gonna be great, but I can see an increase in complaints about pets after the mod lands, because most people just ditched their pets and don't know half the effect a pet has on their playstyle.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

However, when pets go down constantly and are very far, one can easily get annoyed with it, mainly if it's because the pet is not following you soon enough. That doesn't happen with Sentinels.

Ha, I don't even resurrect players if they go down more than 150m away, especially if the entire team is rushing through a mission.  They need to parkour better lololol

2 hours ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

from vacuum and fecth it seems like they would be very similar in effect as they said its not a different version its just it for doggos/kats/chargers though the question is raised how does it get to you does it follow him till you chase him and get it or is just auto given to you?

well, since reviving them under fire is not as hard as it used to be thanks to Void Mode, I'll be more inclined to use my Kubrows. might get rid of one or two of them though, just keep the one. it's a nice addition, but it doesn't solve the problem of the bad AI and low benefits of what Kubrows can actually do. we're still gonna need pets 2.0.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

Not sure I'll be using it in all honesty due to lack of mod space even after 8/9 forma (not nerfing my builds just for vacuum)

I'm kind of hoping that they've at least improved the AI for this precept because it is literally just chesa's retrieve precept with a shorter range (retrieve is 18m, fetch is 12.5m iirc).  So chesa technically needs a new precept now...

Now anyone who's actually spent time with a chesa kubrow knows this is pretty much useless as it doesn't actually do anything most of the time, especially when enemies are near by, so while DE might be 'throwing players a bone' when it comes to companion vacuum, it's only going to be good if they fix the mod first....

Personally I'd still prefer a universal vacuum with an 'on/off' switch either as a universal switch in settings or as individual switches on each of the warframes.

6 hours ago, mikakor said:

will i FINALLY be able to take out my kavat out of the closet and use her?! 😄 OMG i can't wait!!

I'm sorry to say but this fetch mod will not work out well, one of the primary reasons vacuum works on sentinels is because they are glued to our side which allows us to direct what vacuum pulls in. Without controlled looting vacuum, which beasts will not have because they have their own pathing and ai, vacuum isn't even going to be remotely as effective. While numerically this vacuum may seem the same, it is vastly inferior in terms of what results it will ultimately offer to the player. Prepare to get around half the loot your sentinel gets unless you plan to walk over all the remaining pieces of loot your kavat or kurbrow missed while they run to sound of their own beat, ultimately forced to the exact thing people want vacuum to avoid. 

Edited by Cubewano

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

I'm sorry to say but this fetch mod will not work out well, one of the primary reasons vacuum works on sentinels is because they are glued to our side which always us to direct what vacuum pulls in. Without controlled looting vacuum, which beasts will not have because they have their own pathing and ai, vacuum isn't even going to be remotely as effective. While numerically this vacuum may seem the same, it is vastly inferior in terms of what results it will ultimately offer to the player. Prepare to get around half the loot your sentinel gets unless you plan to walk over all the remaining pieces of loot your kavat or kurbrow missed while they run to sound of their own beat, ultimately forced to the exact thing people want vacuum to avoid. 

I know for a fact that this will dust off all my animal companions because they are revivable while only Djinn of the sentinals can come back from destruction, and as far as we know maybe it won't be pulled to the companion maybe it will be a direct pull to you. Either way I don't mind.😁

7 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

I'm sorry to say but this fetch mod will not work out well, one of the primary reasons vacuum works on sentinels is because they are glued to our side which always us to direct what vacuum pulls in. Without controlled looting vacuum, which beasts will not have because they have their own pathing and ai, vacuum isn't even going to be remotely as effective. While numerically this vacuum may seem the same, it is vastly inferior in terms of what results it will ultimately offer to the player. Prepare to get around half the loot your sentinel gets unless you plan to walk over all the remaining pieces of loot your kavat or kurbrow missed while they run to sound of their own beat, ultimately forced to the exact thing people want vacuum to avoid. 

ive thought of that and i see it working out one of 3 ways 

1: you have to chase down the bugger to get your stuff 

2: the stuff it gathers up and delivers it to you 

3: it gathers stuff up and just gives it to you regardless of its distance to you

1 minute ago, GuezMan said:

I know for a fact that this will dust off all my animal companions because they are revivable while only Djinn of the sentinals can come back from destruction, and as far as we know maybe it won't be pulled to the companion maybe it will be a direct pull to you. Either way I don't mind.😁

unless you aren't modding your sentinels, or just idling in enemy fire, you shouldn't be running out of lives on a sentinel over the term of any standard missions. and going by the phrasing of the fetch mod, it is the companion not the player. but if you say so, this mod doesn't really change anything except perception. 

1 minute ago, seprent said:

ive thought of that and i see it working out one of 3 ways 

1: you have to chase down the bugger to get your stuff 

2: the stuff it gathers up and delivers it to you 

3: it gathers stuff up and just gives it to you regardless of its distance to you

Given how poor the reception of the current fetch is, and the feedback it has gotten, I imagine it'll act like 3. The first and second would make it even worse than I'm expecting. 

16 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

maybe they will udnerstand that Vacuum is a thing that have to be put ON THE WARFRAME, a 15 M vacuum, that's it, done. the worst is that we already have a vacuum effect on our warframe, but is so tiny it might as well not be here. it NEED to be on the warframe, otherelse, you're right, it won't be of any uses and my poor kavat will sadly go back to where it is right now.

the best way it could work was if the vacuum with Fetch was directly implemented on the Warframe when your companion have it.... i'm hoping.

4 minutes ago, mikakor said:

maybe they will udnerstand that Vacuum is a thing that have to be put ON THE WARFRAME, a 15 M vacuum, that's it, done. the worst is that we already have a vacuum effect on our warframe, but is so tiny it might as well not be here. it NEED to be on the warframe, otherelse, you're right, it won't be of any uses and my poor kavat will sadly go back to where it is right now.

the best way it could work was if the vacuum with Fetch was directly implemented on the Warframe when your companion have it.... i'm hoping.

we've been trying to make them understand that for over three years, look where it has gotten us. can't wait for it to take several more years for de to realize this isn't a good solution as well. 

4 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

we've been trying to make them understand that for over three years, look where it has gotten us. can't wait for it to take several more years for de to realize this isn't a good solution as well. 

well, they acknowledged that we needed a way to take out our pets without losing something that is a KEW factor of the warframe game. game flow and speed, which we are LOSING SO MUCH without vacuum. lets be optimist, and give them a few months. i hope. very hard.

2 minutes ago, mikakor said:

well, they acknowledged that we needed a way to take out our pets without losing something that is a KEW factor of the warframe game. game flow and speed, which we are LOSING SO MUCH without vacuum. lets be optimist, and give them a few months. i hope. very hard.

one can hope, but years of history has taught me this will not be the case sorry to say. especially not if people are quietly hopeful about it. 

23 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

one can hope, but years of history has taught me this will not be the case sorry to say. especially not if people are quietly hopeful about it. 

then we will simply have to get LOUD about it, just like we are already. if fetch is juyst a S#&$ty vacuum that doesn't work the same way, it's equal to not working at all. which mean back to start, then saying it loudly again, so they udnerstand, this time. on what else could they put vacuum? XD if they even would simply put it on your Warframe with a MR requirement, like 2 Meter every MR... would be nice... so at one point you can quit vacuum and do other companions.

Edited by mikakor