Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

people blaming for internet connection

A.S.S.E.L.O.F.

so, i'm in elite sanctuary for leveling my weapon,and some random people joined the match everything fine until someone start writing...

then i exit the match so he can host but... this people started blaming me for my nework (whispering me)

so, the point of this tread is, what you do when you find this kind of people? i'm bored, i can't do anything with my network and people just is too much salty, i didn't asked for the role of host, can i do something vs this kind of people? 

ps i whould appreciate every kind of answer just...chill out and don't blame anyone for their network

pps i made some mistake with the screenshot in the spoiler menu, sorry for the weird formatting

Edited by A.S.S.E.L.O.F.

5 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

If you are the host and people start nagging you about experiencing some lag, it’s best just to ignore them since they’ve could’ve easily left the mission entirely instead of making a big scene about it.

^ This ^

Not much you can do really. It isnt always the host's fault. You can have two people with great connections to you and then a third having issues, in that case it is likely that third person being struck with poor matchmaking while he signed up. Or he has set his ping limit way too high etc.

There are other things in the mix aswell that can screw up the ping or matchmaking. VPN's for instance making the matchmaking system ping the wrong area and get a wrong value that may show 30m/s instead of 300m/s. This resulting in players getting missmatched with players beyond their desired ping limit.

1 hour ago, A.S.S.E.L.O.F. said:

so, the point of this tread is, what you do when you find this kind of people? i'm bored, i can't do anything with my network and people just is too much salty, i didn't asked for the role of host, can i do something vs this kind of people? 

I often go "Yay Matchmaking did it again!". People ask, and I tell them my ping is over 1500, while they are getting no lag, and explain to them it is not their fault.

For the few of us that read a lot of Warframe networking, and run public a lot and talk to other players, we know is not your internet connection alone doing this. 

Even with ping limits, matchmaking fails, mine is set at 200, and yeah, occasionally I get sent into a 1500 ping session, not the hosts faults, although there are a few that know to play lag on their favor.

Honestly if I join a game and my latency with the host is garbage, I might bring it up just so people know why I'm leaving but odds are I'll just abort out of the mission without saying anything. In most cases there is nothing the host can do, heck it might even be my internet that's taking a dump. Usually I won't find out until after the mission because missions are over before I can bring up anything for diagnostics.

If they where throwing a tantrum about it I'd screenshot it and block them.

Depending on how abusive they got I might or might not report it but that's about it. 

hace 4 horas, A.S.S.E.L.O.F. dijo:

so, i'm in elite sanctuary for leveling my weapon,and some random people joined the match everything fine until someone start writing...

then i exit the match so he can host but... this people started blaming me for my nework (whispering me)

ps i whould appreciate every kind of answer just...chill out and don't blame anyone for their network

pps i made some mistake with the screenshot in the spoiler menu, sorry for the weird formatting

Your conection is causing a problem .... so you are the one to blame :S . If you have a problem with that just ignore them but they are not wrong blaming you .

" i can't do anything with my network"

Yes , you can .

1 hour ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Your conection is causing a problem .... so you are the one to blame :S . If you have a problem with that just ignore them but they are not wrong blaming you .

" i can't do anything with my network"

Yes , you can .

Well... not so simple. I have that problem. I’m not the owner of my home WiFi, my landlords are. Not much I can do. I selected “laptop” options (for additional matchmaking ping value), but occasionally I still get to host. I’ve heard many VERY toxic comments. But I have the right to play this game as anybody else. Live with it or abort the mission. 

6 hours ago, A.S.S.E.L.O.F. said:

There is a little function in game chat that lets you ignore anyone for any reason ( or for no reason who cares ? ) . Use it 😄

I sometimes point it out just to make sure the host is aware there is an issue usually in a joke such as: "The enemy are deploying lag based defenses."  However, it has to be bad enough that enemies are actually lagging and not just operator transference issues which are annoying but workable.  It is entirely possible the host isn't aware of this issue.  They might be using more of their bandwidth doing something else and can stop doing that while playing.  Or in my case once, accidentally choked my bandwidth down to 7% of capacity trying to keep from going over one month and forgetting to reset it for the next month.  I wouldn't have known if a player didn't point it out to me when I was hosting as I usually have very good internet.

If possible, I still try to complete the mission as you can see some really trippy things in a high ping game.  Additionally, I think some people have a very low tolerance to high ping/are having issues on their side.  Every now and again, I am in missions where someone is complaining about the lag when I am barely/not experiencing any myself.  Still, I would do what you can to correct the issue on your end with some of the suggestions above.  Until DE can figure out a way for always host/never host options at least.