The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Garuda's Crossbow....

Kerberos-3

9 minutes ago, Wrum said:

you want a super slow weapon that you have to reload after each shot with a hand crank which requires you to stand still while you crank it?

More like a weapon based on the pump shotguns in game. Something semi-auto, with a slow fire rate, but with good crit, status, and damage, and innate punchthrough.

21 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

... is yet another crossbow thats actually a silenced assault rifle with projectiles instead of hitscan. Seriously DE, when can we have an actual Crossbow, one of the most requested weapons out there.

It is an actual crossbow, ever heard of a repeating crossbow ?

The repeating crossbow (Chinese: 連弩; pinyin: Lián Nŭ) is a Chinese crossbow that was invented during the warring states period, and remained in use until the late Qing dynasty. The repeating crossbow combined into a one-handed movement, the actions of stringing the bow, placing the bolt and shooting, thus allowing for a much higher rate of fire than a normal crossbow. A top-mounted magazine containing a reservoir of bolts fed the crossbow through gravity, and the mechanism was worked by moving a rectangular lever forward and backward.

It is also known as the Zhuge crossbow (Chinese: 諸葛弩; pinyin: Zhūgé nǔ, also romanized Chu-ko-nu) due to its association with the Three Kingdoms-era strategist Zhuge Liang (181–234 AD),

also some background on where the name for the Zhuge crossbow came from

• Like 1

Not exactly sure what you want here.  Seems to me in video game terms, crossbows would always be projectile instead of hit scan.  Usually pretty quiet too.

If you want a silenced hit scan weapon, you know there is the Silence mod right?  Or Loki's Invisibility Augment or Banshee's Passive if you want anything else.  If you value silence on your weapon, prepare to give something up for it.

If you want a hit scan crossbow, that just seems weird to me.  I just can't see a crossbow bolt moving fast enough to be considered a hit scan weapon.  And not shooting a bolt makes the crossbow basically a rifle with strange flourishes on it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saturmorn_Carvilli said:

Not exactly sure what you want here.  Seems to me in video game terms, crossbows would always be projectile instead of hit scan.  Usually pretty quiet too.

If you want a silenced hit scan weapon, you know there is the Silence mod right?  Or Loki's Invisibility Augment or Banshee's Passive if you want anything else.  If you value silence on your weapon, prepare to give something up for it.

If you want a hit scan crossbow, that just seems weird to me.  I just can't see a crossbow bolt moving fast enough to be considered a hit scan weapon.  And not shooting a bolt makes the crossbow basically a rifle with strange flourishes on it.

What I want is, to put it simply, an actual crossbow. Single shot, high damage, lengthy reload time. Not yet another silenced AR masquerading as a crossbow.

9 minutes ago, hellodownthere said:

It is an actual crossbow, ever heard of a repeating crossbow ?

The repeating crossbow (Chinese: 連弩; pinyin: Lián Nŭ) is a Chinese crossbow that was invented during the warring states period, and remained in use until the late Qing dynasty. The repeating crossbow combined into a one-handed movement, the actions of stringing the bow, placing the bolt and shooting, thus allowing for a much higher rate of fire than a normal crossbow. A top-mounted magazine containing a reservoir of bolts fed the crossbow through gravity, and the mechanism was worked by moving a rectangular lever forward and backward.

It is also known as the Zhuge crossbow (Chinese: 諸葛弩; pinyin: Zhūgé nǔ, also romanized Chu-ko-nu) due to its association with the Three Kingdoms-era strategist Zhuge Liang (181–234 AD),

also some background on where the name for the Zhuge crossbow came from

While that works perfectly well for the Zhuge, It does not excuse Attica and now Garuda's crossbows.

il y a 19 minutes, Kerberos-3 a dit :

What I want is, to put it simply, an actual crossbow. Single shot, high damage, lengthy reload time. Not yet another silenced AR masquerading as a crossbow.

While that works perfectly well for the Zhuge, It does not excuse Attica and now Garuda's crossbows.

i think i know what you mean, you want crossbow to behave like no-scope snipers i think, i always thought the attica was a single bolth crossbow with inatte punchtrough and ridiculous damage, then i read the stats and got disapointed, its cool for zhuge to be the auto crossbow, but if im not mistaken the OP is asking for hard punch weapon, slow reload, drastic falloff past some distance, kinda like the diference between a braton and a latron, the lenz imo should have been a crossbow and not a bow. and i think the OP wants a true heavy crossbow.

Just now, Lisztomaniac said:

i think i know what you mean, you want crossbow to behave like no-scope snipers i think, i always thought the attica was a single bolth crossbow with inatte punchtrough and ridiculous damage, then i read the stats and got disapointed, its cool for zhuge to be the auto crossbow, but if im not mistaken the OP is asking for hard punch weapon, slow reload, drastic falloff past some distance, kinda like the diference between a braton and a latron, the lenz imo should have been a crossbow and not a bow. and i think the OP wants a true heavy crossbow.

Exactly. A proper Crossbow. Hell, I wouldn't care if it came out as a Standalone weapon or as the signature weapon of some new frame.

23 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Then why not simply ask for one as opposed to complaining that other items don't fit what you want?

Very few people are going to gravitate to such an idea as it is( if the Daikyu is any indicator) so it seems like your better course would be simply asking for one as opposed to complaining that it hasn't been added yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

The Attica I nearly mistook it for the Zhuge when I first played, only to notice an actual Zhuge being released.
Since the gadget on top of the crossbow resembles an ammo case for the actual Zhuge crossbow.

Zhugenu-payne.jpg repeating-crossbow.jpg
220?cb=20140410055409

While the zhuge has the crank handle, the top ammo case is not prominent. 
220?cb=20160317010054

I suppose the repeating crossbow aside,

Something single shot that fires something like a daikyu arrow
"heavy crossbow" that is kind integrally suppressed sniper.
Kind of closer to the Qin and Han Crossbow that fires full sized arrow as opposed to bolt.

The thing is the reloading will be about the time you charge an arrow, while the crossbow remain charged until fired.

Image result for qin crossbow

We can have scope, just put mill dot scope so that the aiming and compensation for drop is possible 
as opposed to eyeballing the arrow to target and aiming higher by estimation.

hawke_sport_optics_12230_1_5x24_xb30_pro

tac-15-crossbow.jpg?itok=CyR_YIgu6150n1cXF1L._SL1000_.jpg

I think OP is thinking less medieval-era Crossbow witht he Windlass to reload it and everything, and more in line with modern Crossbows, typically used for Hunting. if it can meet the following criteria, it would be a good addition:

- classify it as a sniper rifle: not a lot of reserve ammo and only single shots.

- multi-zoom scope and the ability to benefit from the Sniper combo system.

- very high base damage, mostly in puncture, with some impact and slash. perhaps an 80%/10%/10% split.

- innate punchthrough, to give the weapon a chance vs multiple enemies.

- high crit chance and crit multipliers. preferably the ability to reach or exceed 100% crit chance on mods alone. a multiplier of at least 5.0x when modded.

- firing sound to be silent, crossbows are still pretty quiet weapons.

this would be my ideal crossbow, I like the repeating ones since they make assault rifle only sorties even easier, but i would like something that requires a little more finesse, that devastates whatever I hit.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think OP is thinking elss medieval-era Crossbow witht he Windlass to reload it and everything, and more in line with modern Crossbows, typically used for Hunting. if it can meet the following criteria, it would be a good addition:

- classify it as a sniper rifle: not a lot of reserve ammo and only single shots.

- multi-zoom scope and the ability to benefit from the Sniper combo system.

- very high base damage, mostly in puncture, with some impact and slash. perhaps an 80%/10%/10% split.

- innate punchthrough, to give the weapon a chance vs multiple enemies.

- high crit chance and crit multipliers. preferably the ability to reach or exceed 100% crit chance on mods alone. a multiplier of at least 5.0x when modded.

- firing sound to be silent, crossbows are still pretty quiet weapons.

this would be my ideal crossbow, I like the repeating ones since they make assault rifle only sorties even easier, but i would like something that requires a little more finesse, that devastates whatever I hit.

so a silent projectile vectice, Mag would love that.  currently her best weapons are the Lanka and the supra.  

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

That's what you get the riven for.  To boost it's crit chance.  Everything else is already boosted.  😄

that is not a real solution also the semiauto crossbow is more convenient than the slowest of the bows especially because it will be a sniper so that gives you combo counter

7 hours ago, Wrum said:

you want a super slow weapon that you have to reload after each shot with a hand crank which requires you to stand still while you crank it?

Only to then have the warframe youtube gods decalre it MR fodder, because it's not ubermench and idiot proof. 😄

Edited by LupisV0lk