The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's a good warframe for me?

(PSN)PBJamsTimeBroso

11 hours ago, (PS4)PepperPizzabroso said:

Hi there! I wouldn't say I'm "new" unless you count MR5 as new but I want ed to know what a good warframe would be for my requirements. I like to play a warframe that could take some damege but put out a good bit of it. But I love effects, so something flashy, like excalibur fourth move blade, or loki's cloak, or wukongs cloud. How I get damege out (aoe, st, etc) doesnt matter to me much. Someone with flashy powers, balanced-ish, and is more offensive but can still help out the team.

Volt Prime is my “go-to” for this playstyle.

He’s got great CC offers tremendous support.  He’s flashy and kinetic and is actually a WEAPON AUGMENT FRAME for EVERY SINGLE WEAPON TYPE despite his misleading description.

passive: up to  +1000 electrical damage (melee)

shield adds crit boost and electrical damage

riot shield with secondary

shock is a “one handed action” for reloading

Augments That are critical in certain arenas:  Capacitance (overshields) and Transistor Shield (team boost).

Be award that speed is great for attack speed and mission speed runs but high power strength super speed can annoy squadmates.

To be fair he is lightly armored and average base speed.  Tactical/Versatile/Flashy/Superfun

Another vote for Oberon. My most used frame, and probably the only one where I find use in all abilities. He's very tanky, supporting, and can handle big crowds. Only downsides are that he can't buff his own damage output (just get good rivens instead), and can't shield a static objective (well you can't have it all). Other than that, absolute ace. Read up on his abilities, as they have many effects. And most importantly, experiment!

I know people tend to say he can't keep up in like lvl100+ endgame. But, how often do you really play on that level? Pretty much just quick sorties or single enemies. No problems at all for Arbitrations and ~1h survivals if you got the mods for it.

My advice is to get one stealth and one tanky frame.

Loki is a good for spy missions. You can easily get data's with him. (Make sure you get some Ciphers from market ^^)

Valkyr , Rhino or Nezha would be good for your solo missions like War within.

Their abilities are simple , useful and suits for basic mods like instensify , stretch , streamline etc.

Saryn. High damage, medium survivability, with options for self sustain, and several playstyle options.

Very good, fun frame.

You might also enjoy Mesa. But both of those frames are at the end of the star chart and I'm not sure what you do and don't have access to.

Edited by Erytroxylin

On 2018-11-05 at 6:41 AM, (PS4)PepperPizzabroso said:

I'm hearing alot of Rhinos, Nezhas, Oberons, and Nidus. I'll try them out and start creating more basic needs for a warframe and mods when I learn the needs for missions in this game and then I'll try out s bunch of others.

Ignore the Rhino recommendations.  I have over 3k hours on warframe.  Almost 20% of my time is on Rhino(Prime).  He's not that flashy,  Though he is a beast and vital to completing the star map.

Oberon, Nezha, and Nidus are flashy.  All three can tank, all three can deal damage.  To some degree they are all "paladin" style players in terms of RPGs.  

I would also recommend working towards Excal Umbra, Harrow, or Zephyr (use at own risk)...though of those frames, only Harrow fits the paladin arch type.  

Just so you peeps know, I'm up to Jupiter, Europa, and Phobis, and nearly at Saturn. Also I've decided to start by getting rhino and oberon, then I want to try Limbo and Nezha, and then... I guess I'll just do what I said before, try out diffrent mod combos and choose a good warframe for me. (I also have excalibur being made, he'll be done tomorrow :D)

Valkyr.

Those armor stats mean you can take a serious beating and not care.

Flashy like Excalibur's exalted blade? try Valkyr's exalted claws. They have health steal.

Want to help team mates? Hysteria makes you invincible and great for reviving dying Tenno in the middle of all the bullets.

Want to buff your allies and weaken enemies? Warcry buffs everyone's armor and speed, and lowers enemy speed. Make them glow and easy to see too.

Edited by Teliko_Freedman
Autocorrect on phone added unwanted word

From me : Keep in mind how the warframe looks is really important to me (fashion frame is endgame you know, so..)

I've always been an excalibur guy, so my 1st recommendation is Umbra. There's a reason why he's one of the top 3 (CMIIW) most played warframe (1st is regular excal, 2nd is Rhino Prime i think). He looks awesome (fashion frame!), versatile, tanky, is a great crowd control and DPS frame. He's not a stealth frame though (if he is, he would be broken). Also, you can get him early I think.

2nd choice for me is Nidus, with reasons the same as Umbra. But he can be a pain to farm, and Umbra is free.

3rd choice for me is Octavia, she is also a great cc and dps frame, can survive high level enemy hordes, but her looks doesn't do for me although her abilities are excellent.

PS : sorry for grammatical error(s).

Edited by TASTEMYSPEAR

I will recommend you Nidus.

First, it's a polyvalent warframe.

His 1 deals damage and give you stacks, the 2 give you CC and make 1 more efficient, the 3 boost allies or yourself and the 4 give healing, CC and synergize with the 1.

All abilities are flashy (Tentacle-style flashy. Playing with a Nidus and a Hydroid in defense it's like a sort of tentacle hentai 🙂 ) AND usefull.

The passive give you immortality if you stack long enough and even without his abilities his regen make him a tanky frame.

He is well suited for melee. A very offensive melee. (You can try a crit build melee weapon with full gladiator set on warframe/weapon. Not optimal but fun and works fine with Nidus.)

It's a good around warframe with some unique gimmicks (no shield mission ? no problemo !!) and capable to do solo and help allies without annoying them (hein Limbo ?).

He has just one downstep : his speed. But a little Armored Agility mod will fix that nicely !

A friend offer mine when i begin warframe and i dont regret  ! I tried differents gameplays and dont get bored yet.

That is a tough question...

Oberon for multi-purpose : damage, tankiness, heal...

Nekros for the farm with the depoil augment mod.

Trinity as queen of support and armor removal with the augment mod

Gara for the splinter storm damage, and the CC ability

Nidus, because... just can't die

Octavia or Loki for the stealth

But in the end, it's fun to get all of them and play all of them 🙂