Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problematic Riven Challenge

Shockwave-

Riven Challenge: "Kill 14 enemies in a row while wall dashing or wall clinging without touching the floor or raising any alarms"

This riven has taken me so long to figure out how to complete I've given up. The problem isn't the skill, it isn't the wall dashing. It is finding 14 enemies on the same screen to even ATTEMPT the riven.

This riven can not be completed in:

Survival, Defense, Interception, Any infested mission. These missions auto fail instantly

On MD the Riven does not fail but enemies killed while the MD console is active do not trigger the riven.

On Sanctuary Onslaught the riven doesn't say "Failed" but no enemies killed count towards the riven

On any fissure mission, the enemies do not count towards the riven.

This leaves finding an exterminate or capture mission where you can find a suitable wall cling spot and get 14 enemies in sight and kill them all (because no new ones will wander into range, certainly not another group of 14).

The challenge of a riven shouldn't be the hours and hours spent finding a spot where you can actually attempt the riven challenge.

If you have an ember go do a survival. infested are good. let them pile up. turn on world on fire and hang onto a wall or keep runn8ng up. The trick generally is finding a good wall first. Void can be good because of high ceilings.

If you have a friend that can help, use them because wall dashing tends to de agro enemies solo. I’ve done this challenge with loki and ember.

My way of doing this might take a while but at least it works.

Use an Ivara prowl build, go to Adardo - Sedna (Sedna exterminate), get max energy, active prowl, whenever you see an enemy use your noise arrow to group them up and then lead them room to room until you have the required number of enemies present. Use either her Artemis Bow or an Amprex so you shoot for as little time as you can but get a lot of AoE damage out. 

Using a wall latch mod will help a lot too

Edit: you can use Castanas as well, throw some around them where they're grouped up and activate when you're wall latching

Edited by hellodownthere

This makes me wonder if we should be able to inject a bit of Kuva into a veiled Riven to cycle the challenge...

Just throwing a possible solution out there, since there have been a number of threads about stupendously difficult Riven mods throughout the ages.

I agree with OP, even though I haven't tried this one challenge yet it doesn't seem to be in line with most other challenges. I often get catch 5 fish in a row, kill some wild animals with fishing spears, shoot dargyns with bow, and kill a lot of enemies while sliding. All easy. This one though, gonna sell it for endo or transmute it or whatever.

Void exterminate, any frame with a no line of sight aoe damaging ability, cling to wall > press button > go about your day. Literally the easiest one and isn't even out of the box thinking. 

My go to is Mag Crush or Polarize, Equinox Maim,  Limbomb, Ash after marking a lot of enemies. Your problem is you're doing this the painful way when the riven challenge says you kill them while wall clinging. Doesn't say how to do it. They just need to die while you cosplay as spider man. 

Edited by Sajochi

For this challenge, when a high number of enemies is required (i saw up to 18), i use ivara noise arrows to gather a group and then kill them all at once with aoe weapon.

edit: Hellodownthere suggested that already. Best way of doing it as far as i know.

Edited by Robolaser

3 hours ago, pradhana said:

i actually love it when i get this specific wall clinging riven challenge. the easiest place to do it is on LUA extermination. plenty of spacious rooms and high roof, the enemies are pretty dense. and there is no alarm to trigger.

Wait till they realise this is a thing. The sole reason this cannot be completed in defense runs or while md console is being hacked because those create an increased spawns without any chance for an alarm.

I had done this test before. Equinox , build for her ''4'' , activate her ulti , climb the wall and press 4 again and boom,

Or you may consider ivara. Noise arrows work well to attract enemies where you want to kill them.

5 hours ago, Sajochi said:

My go to is Mag Crush or Polarize, Equinox Maim,  Limbomb, Ash after marking a lot of enemies. Your problem is you're doing this the painful way when the riven challenge says you kill them while wall clinging. Doesn't say how to do it. They just need to die while you cosplay as spider man. 

Does this work though? I think you fall off the wall the moment u cast Crush, and I'm not sure if that qualifies as wall clinging/dashing.

Never tried and genuinely curious.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)negativ21 said:

Does this work though? I think you fall off the wall the moment u cast Crush, and I'm not sure if that qualifies as wall clinging/dashing.

Never tried and genuinely curious.

You stay on it. Abilities don't cancel wall cling unless they have  movement

Why does this auto fail with infested?  

Loki can stay attached to a wall a very long time, especially since there are a couple mods that help.  

His decoy also helps get them all in 1 spot.  Some enemies multiply (corpus throw out drones and infested have spawns).  

I admit though, I've never had the without raising alarm.  I usually go to direlect survivla for wall latching and it's always been easy.  

Since that may not work due to spawns:

- Use ember with wall latching duration mods

- Equip enemy sense aura mod

- Max range / effeciency mods for world on fire 

- Take weapon off sentinal (don't want kill steals) or alerting enemies

- Find a low level exterminate (so power strength not an issue)

- Use a specter like steel meridians rolling ball to draw aggro (and won't kill nothing)

- Actually run on walls. Should be able to kill 14 in a couple rooms.  Just stealth around a bit to find your targets first.  You can let go and reattch without losing but none of kills count while let go.  

Edited by Educated_Beast

did it on mobile defense. Found a low level mission with a wall near the mobile defense computer and just latched onto the wall. Used a rifle to one shot all the mobs attracted to the computer. Took a few tries but wasn't that hard. I actually used a quantas so don't know if it didn't register or not just mass killed a bunch of infested and hit the required number.

Edited by LegacyDM

Was struggling with this one as well. I think the easiest way to complete this challenge is to equip loki start an extermination mission and run all the way to extraction point without killing anything. If you don´t have enought kills to finish the mission enemies keep spawning there.

Edited by Arcira

Thanks for the IVara suggestion I don't use her much and forget about her noise arrow. Literally every other post was missing the part about there not being 14 enemies within range of a wall latch. I tried it numerous times on exterminates and captures of ever level (from earth to Sedna) and would kill 8-10 even after trying to gather 14 in one spot by running by them, etc. Never could get 14 in one area to kill. The killing was easy, so all the frame suggestions are moot. The sole problem was getting 14 into sight range, I can stay on the wall indefinitely.