Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe Khora can have her own whip when she has no melee equipped?

Gaikki

Garuda and the latest introduction of passive built-in-melee that came with her gave me a thought. Since Khora was planned to have an exalted whip that almost made it into the game, I think it's safe to guess its stats are already set and ready to get dropped into the game if the programmers decide to. 

And since they do have the base programming assets for giving a Warframe a passive melee and a model of the Khora's whip, I believe it would be possible to give Khora a passive whip? 

Hopefully? 

pretty please? 

2 hours ago, Gaikki said:

I think it's safe to guess its stats are already set and ready to get dropped into the game if the programmers decide to.

Based on what actual knowledge about the game and it's development process?

Is this the newest iteration of Nidus making everyone think every frame should have some sort of forced stack mechanic?

10 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Is this the newest iteration of Nidus making everyone think every frame should have some sort of forced stack mechanic?

No! Of course not! I am not that kind of a dummy!

21 hours ago, Gaikki said:

gave me a thought

Unfortunately it has given everyone that thought. There's been constant suggestions threads for every frame even remotely weapon themed to have it as a passive. Lol. I've seen it for Atlas, Excalibur, Ivara, Khora, Mesa, Nezha, Valkyr and Wukong. The only one I haven't seen it for is Titania (Oh Lotus, what have I done? I've given them ideas...).

At least among those frames, this frame makes the most sense for the reasons you stated. I still don't support it though.

8 hours ago, Gaikki said:

Weeeell, you know. Garuda does use her claws with her first ability just like Khora does. So why not, was my thonk.

It would make her 1 kinda pointless aside from synergies. True Garuda's 1 uses her claws, but her 1 is so much more in depth than that without even including it's synergy. Khora's 1, on it's own is just damage and some cc.

20 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No, we already have atterax.

Why do new warframes exist? All we need are excal, trinity, and rhino. Every other frame just does the same thing with more steps.

No harm is going to come from adding in Khora's whip, provided it does something unique and doesn't  replace her 1

Edited by Greenshockclaw

1 hour ago, Greenshockclaw said:

Why do new warframes exist? All we need are excal, trinity, and rhino. Every other frame just does the same thing with more steps.

No harm is going to come from adding in Khora's whip, provided it does something unique and doesn't  replace her 1

I mean if we just give all these frames unique melee weapons and such then they become just like the exalted melees where too many of them makes them less unique.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because we don’t need another weapon for people to just spin2win thru the whole mission. Not to mention how impractical melee is with strangledome.

But spin to win is now kinda gone. I haven't seen anyone using whips these days. And sure, melees aren't practical for her Dangledome. But she can still use her 1 for spread damage. (bUt WhAt'S tHe PoInT iF sHe CaN uSe HeR 1 sHe DoN't NeEd It) I know she doesn't NEED it. It's just a wishfull thinking. Please. 

On 2018-11-14 at 3:54 AM, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Wouldn't that make her 1 pointless then?

Her 1 has an augment that lets you deal a hek ton of damage on your enemies. Having just the whip, not as an ability, won't have the same outcome, I believe. 

23 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Any knowledge a player garners on the game is really just the surface.

With the game I worked for players would constantly state how something would be super easy because we were obviously coding it this or that way and they were so far off the mark it was ridiculous.

The problem, OP, is that her whip costs energy to use, so it's not an exalted weapon. Garuda uses her claws only when another melee isn't equipped (which would make her first power defunct) and does not take energy to use. Plus you'd be able to mod the whip presumably and the whip is already pretty nasty, not sure that would fly.

On 2018-11-13 at 4:06 PM, peterc3 said:

s this the newest iteration of Nidus making everyone think every frame should have some sort of forced stack mechanic

Yes. Just like with Nido and Volt and etc and Khora and now Garuda.

Any new or unique system that comes out ppl start asking for these same systems to be copy pasted across the board. 

3 hours ago, Gaikki said:

I just wanted a good looking whip in Khora's hands to somewhat quench my greed for exalted whip she was originally planned to get. It's not like I am whining for forced mechanics across the board. 

in that case.. actually, tennogen stuff doesn't include whips yet, but you could post on feedback about DE possibly adding a whip skin that would fit the bill.