Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Locked Behind Heavy Grind

Akisohida

18 minutes ago, xcenic said:

Incredibly garuda although it is behind a wall of progress, it is the only frame in my mind that you acquire playing pacifically the content of fortune.
From the beginning my goal was the Moas, and slowly Farm some reputation making bounty, after reaching the daily limit step to my fishing cycle, to be precise two cycles, then I make a round in a circle of caves to extract minerals.
I'm going back to fortuna and extract all the servo fish.
I go to my ship and I create all the minerals, I put to make what I have available and I make sortie. Then hit the bag for another day. 
Up to now I have everything up to rank 3. I only need the blueprint for the garudas gems and I have never taken the time to farmearla directly.
in two days I am rank 4 in I can create all the gems and have garuda pacively.

My night gameplay so far its:

8:00PM to 11:00PM between dinner and bath 

-Fortuna Bounty to cap my standing

-2 time circle fishing section

-1 round of mineral extraction from caves. 10-15 caves at max.

-Extract servo fish

-created mineral on foundry

-Fabric anything available for me.

-Sortie

-Hit the BAG.

No pressure and no rush and im just 2 kit-gun behind to gild, the rest i have everything gilded 

According to my calculations in 1 month or less I will have everything that is currently available in fortune. and I only play 2-3 hours a day. No pressure.
I do not understand what the urgency is, a lot of content means a lot to do.

I have not even begun to farm materials for the new weapons of the dojo, wow I have a lot to do.

exactly there is way to much to be doing in just fortuna never mind the rest of the game during the day and people are complaining about having to wait....

there is a hole game out there to be played while your waiting, people are going like they are sitting looking at the screen waiting for their cap to reset....

vor 1 Stunde schrieb pig666eon:

in a FTP game all i have to do is play the game and wait to get content instead of being forced to pay for it? ofc thats what i want.... is there something wrong with you?

1 hour a day game.... yeah with everything that can be done in the game all you want to do is earn standing in fortuna... like listen to yourself, the game is bigger than one thing, go open relics, earn standing with the syn/cetus/ceph, get your sortie done, do arbatrations, get your resources/ credits to make new gear. you sound like a child tbh there is tonnes of stuff to be doing in a day while you are waiting

pcgamer doesnt know what its talking about, if everyone could unlock everything with a 24hr grind then it would be boring after a few days even when you take the money side out of it, fortuna is just dlc its not the focus of the game as above there is plenty to be doing during the day while you wait, the only thing that higher level standing is going to give you is higher tier moas and kit gun parts thats it the rest is there for you to make and play with, you can build kit guns and moas right now you should have enough standing why are you acting like they are locked to people?

if your low MR then play the game to have more standing, i have 25k daily standing and it doesnt take me long to access things, why? because i played the game and leveled up, dont come into warframe expecting to rush through fortuna when your a low level thats never how the game worked. as with nearly every other game you need to play the story before you can play the dlc by then your ready to play it, in warframe go get your mr higher by playing the game then you wont have complaints about standing or having to wait as much because thats how the game was intended to be played not just a side dlc update

As I have said, 5 years of Warframe. I'm at a point where I'm just waiting for new content to drop once I played through the previously released content. If that new content is locked behind a 10 day time wall then criticism is well deserved.

Anyway, I bought the Garuda pack so at least I got what I want.

17 hours ago, Akisohida said:

I think it depends on the side of the coin you look at?

That's 7 days, OR 140 minutes (2 hours, 20 minutes).

Why do I have to wait 7 days when it would take me less than 3 hours of pretty enjoyable bounties with friends? It's a forced wait that is frustrating and not really there for any reason other than 'Well, you can pay to skip the grind'.

It's 7 days because of daily standing caps. After you hit your cap, all the enjoyable grind in the world would net you exactly zero standing.

meh.....just spend your plat on cosmetic and farm her up.

The time gap is more problematic for those sweet arcane and kitgun than with garuda.

I bought garuda but in the spirit of it i won't use her before a week or two. (that bloodshed cosmetic was way too tempting)

Has people said it will take you a total of 4 hours to get what you need. (My guess is you hate fortuna and you'll never visit it again when you get garuda)

Instead of calling us white knight just call us $&*&*#(%&ed people who like the way the game is. Also disapointed people are louder than those who approve, these white knight is only a small proportion of those who agree on the state of things.

It's not something about being right or wrong, it's me having an opinion. I prefer time gap over ridulously low rng, i know how much time it will take me to reach that end and that's fine by me.

She isn't even locked behind a grindwall tho, the grind isn't even that bad. 

The problem is how much of a wait wall she is locked behind and waiting is neither playing the game nor grinding. 

I've had pretty much everything to build her for the last two or three days, the only thing I've been doing has been waiting on faction reset every night. I'll finally get the final resource blueprint tonight so I'll get her parts in the oven and have her..... in another 4 days of waiting... Wooooo~

At least I'll be able to check her off my list cause honestly the whole slog to Garuda was really making me resent fortuna until I actively decided to just stop giving a hek about her. Which adds yet another decision/system that DE has implemented where my coping mechanism is to say "hek it" and just ignore it. Becaue caring about it was making me miserable. 

For real? It's TOO HARD to go search for people to sell you those gems?

Star Amarast 2p each = 12p for Neuro (i don't know why you would buy these)
Radiant Zodian 3p each = 9p for Chassis
Marquise Thyst 5p each = 15p for System

TOTAL = 36p FOR ALL THE GEMS YOU NEED, then 20p for slot and 20p for potato = 76p for everything

And you call THAT p2W?! "Need to wait 7 days", remember kiddo you are NOT playing a single player game, you can always go trade what you need with other players.

Edited by Hastrer

21 hours ago, Akisohida said:

lock it behind 7+ days mind-numbing grind

Are you for real? Mind numbing grind? Why on earth do you play this game? If merely playing this game is a "mind-numbing-grind", why are you playing? What use is a new warframe for you if the only thing you're going to do with it is "mind-numbing-grinding" for the next part of gear? What do you even need new stuff when you hate the actual game this much?

I'm really terrible sorry to say this, and I probably get flagged again, but seriously: Get A Grip!!!! Go away and play Destiny for a bit, or any other game for all I care, this game is obviously not for you. Maybe Lego Creator is better suited for you. If anyone wonders why I'm reacting like I do: he just called what I've been doing for about 6 years a "mind numbing grind". After 6 years my mind is should now be SO numbed, it's a wonder I can even still type. It's insulting.

Seriously.. if you REALLY like this game, actually playing it can't be a grind nor a chore. If you're only here for the "free stuff", you're not playing the game: you're at work and you need to find another job.

oh.. and something else.. to all you [omghedidn'tjustsay..thisneedstobecensored]  who keep bringing up P2W..

There Is No Winning In This Game.

None.

Everyone can get exactly the things you have, most of it for free. Everyone can do the same things you can, most of it for free. Everyone deals with the same RNG you do, the same enemies, the same tiles, the same quests, the same rewards. For free.

So it's not even P2Play. 

And if "having all the things" is considered "winning" then anyone who hasn't got one of those nifty little icons on their profile pic has already lost. Which is most of you. So please, you want to let go of that "having all the things" as a "win-state". Besides.. the way things are going right now "having all the things" is becoming more and more impossible. You really want to get ALL the possible kit guns? That'll be 256 weapon slots, about 1536 plats on slots alone.
Let it go. Please. 

So, repeat after me:

There Is No Winning in Warframe.

There's only one big win in Warframe: that's the mere fact that we can all play it for free. As a gamer for over 35 years: Biggest Win Ever 

Edit: Here's some food for thought in regards to paying for your Warframes: If we'd all, all of us, decided to go and BUY our warframes from here on in, DE could probably hire enough people to have a dedicated open-world team. Just something to keep in mind next to you think of bringing up pay-walls in this game: the game exists because a few people are willing to pay for it.

Edited by ComCray

We are not mindless fan who bash everyone who critic the DEvs.

Some point where i disagree: not changing khom and detron riven disposition, nerfing enemy damage in orb valis, pushing back damage 3.0 (probably canceling it).

It just happen we are a bunch that disagree with the thread, calling us white knight just to say our opinion does not matter is insulting.

15 hours ago, Hastrer said:

Marquise Thyst 5p each = 15p for System

I have over 38 Marquise waiting for my sweet sweet BP, but im tempted to buy from market and use all that standing on fishing bait and Kit guns. Also Marquise thyst are 4p. 12p to spend for 3 day of worth farm reputation is totally worthy. how much Kit guns i can complete...

Edited by xcenic

Considering I just went through the most intense grind for a frame to date with Khora and thankfully my last hope wasn't the twitch stream amirite!? I can honestly say that you sir/Madame are reaching with those claims. 

You are complaining about how long it takes you to get the frame due to your own low Mr and in turn low syndicate rep cap. These aren't even, no offense, valid complaints. This is literally the most fair part of Warframe. Real progression that is hard capped by the devs so that we, the players, don't blow through the content in one day or week. 

I can't support you in this claim because this is how I feel most aspects of the game should be. Player choices of either grind out the parts, grind out the standing/tokens, or just get it with Plat. 

I have Garuda being built now.  My issue is that DE pretty much had me play most of the Fortuna/Orb Vallis content just to get her.  The first goal I work on is the Warframe when new content drops because it is usually the most interesting addition.  With Garuda being most of the way through Solaris United plus fairly involved grinding (for me) Toriods, I already have a decent stockpile of the new resources already.  This weekend, I should have Garuda, the first and second dojo weapons with the third being built as well as the Moa.  If I really tried, I could probably have a couple of the kit guns too.  All of that gear is basically finished at about the same time now after a week of working on Garuda with the only new item from this update being that crossbow.  DE totally front loaded players like me who try for the warframe first (which I would imagine is pretty common).  By doing so, players like me have pretty much played out most of the content just working on their first goal with nothing to show for it for the first week and now a deluge of stuff all at once.

I know I left out the K-drive and the Quill rep, but I don't like the K-drive (why skate when you can fly?), and I am not very interested in the operator cosmetics (plus Toriods are a serious pain to get right now).  I also didn't much care for the Venus bounty mission types as they are all pretty much worst version of regular missions I don't like in the star chart plus 3 kinds of Easter egg hunts (seriously 3?) missions.  At least on the plains, the find cache missions have the decency to usually be in flat areas and direct you to a cave it that was where they were.  It seems the big challege is taking care of two of something.  Additionally, Vallis bounties seem custom built for me to only do them solo, as they are slower/more difficult with a squad.

I guess the nice thing is maybe another week and I can pretty much ignore Fortuna.  I didn't mind PoE, in fact, I kinda liked it.  The mission types are usually better (except Camp Liberation which I also think is currently bugged as the Grineer capture rate goes very fast before they have even touched ground) and the longest distance between bounty missions there seems to be just slightly less than the average distance between Vallis missions.  Also, joining a public squad isn't going to slow things down/risk failure nearly as much.

Considering you can literally buy standing, there is zero grind. It is heavily time-gated though, so relax and enjoy exploring everything Fortuna has to offer and you are bound to get Garuda eventually without even trying.  And if you are extremely impatient, spend an hour or two grinding out a couple hundred plat from trading and just buy her. 

When I got the last BP for Garuda I thought “That was too easy”. Then I saw the build requirements and realized I wasn’t anywhere close. Having put more than 600 in-game hours into Warframe this actually relieved me. I plan on putting that much and more into this game so it’s good to know I will have different goals to accomplish. 

On 2018-11-14 at 4:42 AM, Akisohida said:

t's a forced wait that is frustrating and not really there for any reason other than 'Well, you can pay to skip the grind'.

except there is a reason: timegates are there to string content out for longer and prevent people rushing through it and then coming to the forums to complain how there's "nothing to do". if everything was available in a few hours even the most casual player would have everything in the game very quickly and find themselves bored. rushing and the market gives people incentive to buy plat if they aren't interested in cosmetics and such.

nobody likes timewalls, but they are a necessary evil, and they work from a business standpoint. if EA were to ever run this game (god forbid!) you'd be looking at lootboxes earned from countless missions (or purchasable) that have a % chance of giving you a blueprint for the warframe that you can then build IF you have the resources (and you'd likely still have a wait time that could be rushed if you fork out). most of the time you'd open these packs and probably get Forma. this isn't even a joke: stuff like this IS IN OTHER GAMES NOW! granted DE aren't perfect, nobody is, but they'll never be as bad as EA or Blizzard/Activision.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

except there is a reason: timegates are there to string content out for longer and prevent people rushing through it and then coming to the forums to complain how there's "nothing to do". if everything was available in a few hours even the most casual player would have everything in the game very quickly and find themselves bored

Haha.. remember when focus just came out? Some people had theirs maxed in a couple of hours :P