Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.0.8

[DE]Megan

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.0.8

Changes:

• Optimized K-Drive FX performance for lower performing machines. 
  • Certain hidden Caches in Orb Vallis now have their own custom sound.
  • Tweaked Khora’s Accumulating Whipclaw Augment sounds.

Fixes:

• Fixed a Dx9 crash when accessing Navigation.
  • Fixed the transmission playing for the start of a second Orb Vallis Bounty but the first objective never appearing after a Host migration occurs.
  • Fixed Bounty progression indicator not persisting throughout successfully completed Bounty missions.
  • Fixed Operator being invisible when selecting Focus from the Arsenal when used as the Operator.
  • Fixed script errors on the Daily Tribute screen.
  • Fixed a script error related to Khora’s Venari. 

Thanks for your continuous work on improving Fortuna for us, it is very well appreciated!

But there's still a few more issues that need to be addressed:
- Mission voting UI sometimes is still visible for the whole bounty
- Data keys in the hostage rescue stages sometimes can't be picked up while rolling down a slope
- The new Tek Gravity mod still doesn't seem to work
- Taking bounties from outside Fortuna won't reset global counters from previously done bounties, like credits for assassination targets (targets will spawn right after the stage begins) and hack timers for hostage rescue missions (once it drops zero, the mission will always fail when reaching the bodies); currently only leaving Orb Vallis can fix this

Further than that, Orb Vallis bounties need a few adjustments IMHO:
- Coildrive ambushes currently take disproportionately longer than other bounties. Maybe tone down the timer just a little bit?
- Excavations feel quite imbalanced right now. With a low rate of cell spawns and excavators being able to take quite a lot of enemy fire, it feels like a chore rather than a challenge. I'd either increase cell drop rates or further decrease excavation timers, both while also adjusting excavator survivability appropriately.
- Dropship drop-offs during hostage rescue missions in the Enrichment Labs are quite off (with some units dropping off behind the mountain sometimes). They should be moved further inside the base.
- Although (or maybe because) Orb Vallis is huge, bounties currently only seem to take place inside an inner circle around Fortuna; setting missions over the same spots all over again is quite repetitive, and we barely get to see missions in the outer reach of Orb Vallis. Maybe extend them further outwards as well? To prevent insane amounts of travelling time, keep follow-up stage locations at a maximum distance from the current stage location
- Will Eidolon Lens blueprints be added to the drop tables eventually?

Other than that, bounties are really great so far, and Orb Vallis looks really amazing. I hope we soon can see some of the improvements on the Plains as well, like e.g. an Ostron agent giving bounties outside the gates of Cetus 🙂

Also, I really like that you have the option to leave your squad on Vallis whenever you want as well. I think most of us would like this option for every mission in general though, so we can e.g. extract from Survival missions earlier if we want.

Keep up the great work!

EDIT: Regarding the AW control change reversal... I'd actually say that AW controls need quite a rework in general. The core difference is how they apply on boosting forward, and there are currently no options for changing altitude (since those both keys are Boost in that moment). The temporary changes made Left/Right pan the AW, now it's back at doing barrel rolls. I've seen peoples opinions quite diverging about the optimal control scheme - mind you, it's a matter of preference - so we actually need more options. Maybe have different control schemes applicable to different scenarios (Sky, Open Space, Corpus Ship) in the option menu, and/or even an own bindings submenu for Archwing. Maybe give them better brakes as well?

EDIT 2:
- Stumbled upon another bug: In some cases, Corpus air drop mission seem to prevent progress with a 2/3 counter remaining. This might happen when a cache is opened while another is getting hacked
- Not even a week in I've already seen a handful of bounty leechers, doing something else while the rest of the squad is doing the actual bounty. Will you eventually take measures against that?

Archived