Jump to content

Whats with all the Atlas users in Arbrittation Alerts


(PSN)Exia0321
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, RumekFuria said:

It could be. But three people who got this exact buff at the same time landing in one instance? What are the chances?

As I understand it, the buff is based on player usage of a warframe/weapon, to help diversify their game experience.  

As you might expect, many vets understand that atlas is crap and never used him.  My guess is it's actually fairly high chances especially when you consider his one punch is pretty beast without 300% buff, and super dumb powerful with it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Klokwerkaos:

As you might expect, many vets understand that atlas is crap and never used him. 

Nope. Atlas is a beast in survivability if you know how to play him. Rumblers are fun, his one deals massive damage, petrify stuns but also negates status effect (which is very bad in my opinion compared to other skills) 

So he could use some tweaks...

But he is far from being crap... 

 

@topic: 300% bonus

Edited by Nacond
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah funny thing was it was NOT during an Atlas bonus....

I had the 3 Atlas during a Oberon bonus (so yeah I was pumped...since that is who I like using in these AA survivals).

and I have seen Atlas often in several AA survivals but I never seen him anywhere else. 

I guess I was checking to see if there was a new meta about him that I had missed.

Didnt he get a rework or something recently?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

Yeah funny thing was it was NOT during an Atlas bonus....

I had the 3 Atlas during a Oberon bonus (so yeah I was pumped...since that is who I like using in these AA survivals).

and I have seen Atlas often in several AA survivals but I never seen him anywhere else. 

I guess I was checking to see if there was a new meta about him that I had missed.

Didnt he get a rework or something recently?

I think the buffs are not necessarily the same from player to player, so while you may have had a buff to Oberon, they may have had Atlas buffs.

ETA:  from the wiki

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arbitrations

Quote

To encourage gameplay diversity, players are given a +300% Ability Strength bonus and a +300% Damage bonus to a random Warframe and Weapon for each alert. The affected Warframe and weapon change from one player to another: for example, one player could be given bonuses for playing with Excalibur and/or a Skana while another player can be given bonuses for playing with Mag and/or a Braton.

  • The bonus can also be applied for Warframes and Weapons the player does not own.
  • Bonuses will also apply to any variants the Warframe or weapon may have (Prime, Syndicate, etc.).

 

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nacond said:

Nope. Atlas is a beast in survivability if you know how to play him. Rumblers are fun, his one deals massive damage, petrify stuns but also negates status effect (which is very bad in my opinion compared to other skills) 

So he could use some tweaks...

But he is far from being crap... 

 

@topic: 300% bonus

Thanks for the pro tip, I really appreciate it.

Atlas is still trash imho even with you saying things I already know at me.

I have every item leveled and forma'd and have farmed literally millions of every resource for my dojo and played countless hours of endless and have about 4k profile hours (not steam).  I may not be the only person that has done such a thing, but it does indicate my opinion is at least somewhat informed.

Atlas is bottom tier.  He's better since his rework, but still MR fodder.  Saying that he's great or even good is misleading.  He's at best "OK", which doesn't cut it when efficiency matters in a game about grinding (ie, your most valuable currency in this game is time, not plat) and randomly picking any other frame leaves you with a statistically significant chance of picking a better frame no matter the content.

Edited by Klokwerkaos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

Yeah funny thing was it was NOT during an Atlas bonus....

I had the 3 Atlas during a Oberon bonus (so yeah I was pumped...since that is who I like using in these AA survivals).

and I have seen Atlas often in several AA survivals but I never seen him anywhere else. 

I guess I was checking to see if there was a new meta about him that I had missed.

Didnt he get a rework or something recently?

He's pretty tanky on his own now after the Rubble rework.  You combine it with Arcane Guardian x2 + Adaptation, so 450 + 1200 + 1500 = 3150 armor + 90% damage reduction from Adaptation.  His tankiness just gets stupid so you can survive in their for a long time.

Seriously Atlas is one of the most underrated frames in the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Il y a 5 heures, Klokwerkaos a dit :

Thanks for the pro tip, I really appreciate it.

Atlas is still trash imho even with you saying things I already know at me.

I have every item leveled and forma'd and have farmed literally millions of every resource for my dojo and played countless hours of endless and have about 4k profile hours (not steam).  I may not be the only person that has done such a thing, but it does indicate my opinion is at least somewhat informed.

Atlas is bottom tier.  He's better since his rework, but still MR fodder.  Saying that he's great or even good is misleading.  He's at best "OK", which doesn't cut it when efficiency matters in a game about grinding (ie, your most valuable currency in this game is time, not plat) and randomly picking any other frame leaves you with a statistically significant chance of picking a better frame no matter the content.

What a sad story, hopefully some people here are still playing for fun. Efficiency and time ? This is a game, not a job.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

What a sad story, hopefully some people here are still playing for fun. Efficiency and time ? This is a game, not a job.

also a sad story. someone else enjoying a different thing then me? they enjoy min-maxing and finding the optimal strategy, and sharing his insight? People pontentially enjoying getting better at a game and listening to other peoples oppinions? REDICIOLOUS

i will agree tho that the way he phrased his statement does atleast read... like a pretty weak attempt at a brag.

Edited by iHaku
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

il y a 5 minutes, iHaku a dit :

also a sad story. someone else enjoying a different thing then me? they enjoy min-maxing and finding the optimal strategy, and sharing his insight? People pontentially enjoying getting better at a game and listening to other peoples oppinions? REDICIOLOUS

i will agree tho that the way he phrased his statement does atleast read... like a pretty weak attempt at a brag.

You just sound so arrogant. Game is about having fun and if one is having fun with Atlas while still completing any mission successfully he certainly doesn't care about a so-called arrogant vet who's telling him he's skilled at making top tier frame lists. Plus Atlas excels at surviving and you don't need to forma a Fang prime to know that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

You just sound so arrogant. Game is about having fun and if one is having fun with Atlas while still completing any mission successfully he certainly doesn't care about a so-called arrogant vet who's telling him he's skilled at making top tier frame lists. Plus Atlas excels at surviving and you don't need to forma a Fang prime to know that.

my stance is neither here nor there. "fun" is nothing but subjective to the person, and what you did is critizise him for the way he enjoys the game. you're not better then those who you call sad and arrogant. i merely pointed that out to you, but i guess that went over your head.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Atlas excels at one thing which is not dying, mainly due to Landslide's low cost and invulnerability time. The fact he has good amount of CC through his 3, very high armor that can easily exceed 3000 (90% DR), ability to self heal through rubble (which makes rage viable), works well with all three umbral mods (due to naturally high armor, benefiting a lot from strength and health and most people already going with Steel Charge) and mook generation to distract enemies means he won't die.

When you have only one revive and can't be certain of a phoenix Oberon picking you up, he comes of as a pretty good choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Atlas excels at one thing which is not dying, mainly due to Landslide's low cost and invulnerability time. The fact he has good amount of CC through his 3, very high armor that can easily exceed 3000 (90% DR), ability to self heal through rubble (which makes rage viable), works well with all three umbral mods (due to naturally high armor, benefiting a lot from strength and health and most people already going with Steel Charge) and mook generation to distract enemies means he won't die.

When you have only one revive and can't be certain of a phoenix Oberon picking you up, he comes of as a pretty good choice.

exacly

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most likely was the random bonus for them. 

 

On 2018-11-29 at 3:12 AM, Klokwerkaos said:

many vets understand that atlas is crap and never used him

Vets that understand that might need some re-education. He's durable, has damage, cc and defense abilities and is usable in all mission types in the game. He has a useful passive, two great abilities and two that need work but are still functional. That puts him in a better place than almost any frame that hasn't had a rework.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...