Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does WF really deserve the game awards?

Space0ddity

2 minutes ago, Dabnician said:

You realize every MMO or Game-As-A-Service is a officially still in beta right?

Like WoW is still technically in beta because they all are technically incomplete.

You know what game isn't in beta? StarWarsGalaxies, that one was released and then patched and now since the servers are shut down there is no more development.(emulator doesnt count)

this is not how it works lol .

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Falconer777:

The game is officially still in beta, if I do not confuse. Did other beta games participate in the competition?

PUBG was nominated for "best ongoing game" before it was even released. They literally nominated an early access game for beeing finished.

Think about this. Fortnite, no man's sky, destiny 2 got nominated.
Does warframe have flaws? Most certainly yes, do those 3 games I listed above have flaws? do you even need me to answer that for you?
Honestly, the only award no man's sky should get is best disappointment, fortnite is a joke and destiny 2 is budget warframe except you need to pay for it

Everyone knows what the games award is about.... its pretty much a few large companies patting each other's back.

While warframe isn't perfect, its still far better than quite a few on the list. As a general joke, I just think warframe isn't bad enough to be nominated.

12 hours ago, Space0ddity said:

I'll still believe that Warframe isnt winning the game awards simply because it's an incomplete game。

I reject this premise. It's a games as service model, so the assertion is invalid. 

The bottom line is DE deserves my money for making a game--Warframe--that I like a great deal. That's all that really counts in the end. 

Edited by Sloan441

I agree, no one should care for those awards, its the same with basically all of those award shows.

But, if you want to be award-worthy or get mentioned on toplists, you have to create something outstanding.

Does Warframe create outstanding content in any category? It has a lot of different things, but does nothing outstanding.

Storytelling? ~2 good quests, but most of them are neither interesting nor well designed in aspects of storytelling, gameplay etc.

OpenWorlds? Fortuna looks good, but can it keep up with real openworlds? definetly no.

PvP? 😄

Bosses? Pretty much the whole community agrees that all starchart bosses are boring, maybe Eidolons/Orbs are a step in the right direction.

Endgame? ...

Graphics/Effects etc? The game looks good, but it will not win awards for its engine aswell.

AI? i just watched a grineer jump onto a pillar and back to the ground for 30 minutes on lua!

Yes, Warframe is fun, and things like the great movement system, the frames and the general design of the world got me hooked, but lets be honest, even if the awards would not just be about money and connections, would Warframe win in any category because it really does something outstanding? I think it doesnt (yet).

We can always answer with "AI in Warframe doesnt need to be good", "Warframe isnt supposed to be Endgame" , "Its focus isnt on OpenWorld" , "Warframe is not about the quests" and simply be happy with "Fashionframe" and "grinding", but if Warframe isnt even supposed to be great in any other department, it doesnt deserve Awards aswell.

7 hours ago, Volinus7 said:

Pre U17, yes, it does. 

Post Sotr, no, it doesn't. 

What happened then for you? I fully understand that Specters was one of our lowest points, but, you've been going on bitterly for two years now.

Could you tell me the change that "killed it" for you, so I can get some context to your bubbling anger?

Warframe has a long way to go.  I really love this game but there is much to be desired from this game.
Parkour system is great, weapon diversity is top notch.  Graphics is very good compared to other FTP online games.

I made a fresh account on the PS4 version and started over to see how enjoyable the game really was.
The storytelling/lore appears to be fragmented, there's a couple good cinematic quests near the end but nothing really stands out from that other than figuring out what you truly are.

One could realistically "complete" all the quests at MR5 in under a week's time with limitations on doing Mastery tests.
90% of the content you can explore is locked behind a foundry which requires extensive grinding for parts/resources.
Aside from constantly grinding and building things, Warframe truly does not have that much to offer. 

As an MR26 player, it's hard to even figure out what to do in the game at this point even after obtaining almost every piece of gear.  Most days I just log in and sit idle in my Orbiter waiting for "new" content to be released which generally is just a few new weapons and maybe a Warframe here and there.  Compared to other FTP games - there definitely seems to be a lack of events going on.  We get a double credit/resource weekend like what... once per year?  Halloween event was seriously lackluster

If Warframe is not getting nominated for awards, it's because there are things that need to be improved as a game.  Some people expect too much from the game at its current state from what is really just a grind->build->repeat shooter.  To put things into perspective, if everyone could start with all the equipment unlocked - what else does the game really offer?

Edited by Omega

14 hours ago, novalery said:

You do realise that the game award is simply a marketing stunt right? 

Exactly this! Rarely does a game that really deserves and earns the reward gets the reward.

It's just bias, marketing and lobbying.
I'd love to see DE and Warframe win their well deserved rewards, but it is not going to happen because DE is above being bribing scumbags and player votes mean sht when a commity decides upon the winner anyways and no way are they going to vote for a best free2play game that puts Destiny and the like to shame with both pricing and premium economy, as well as with amount of content, updates, upkeep etc etc... Warframe should be the leader in the industry but it doesn't rob people blind and doesn't make money the way investors and judges want it. DE doesn't pay them to do their job, hence it doesn't win.

17 minutes ago, Paracosmer said:

also do you guys know that DE used your prime accesses money to make a game called : the amazing eternal so they can capitalise on the overwatch hero shooter trend ?

Oh no, they earned money because that's the point of business and they tried to make a new game instead of give themselves millions in royalties? Man, that sucks...

No not at all. Far better and feature complete games deserve awards.

Unless there was an award for the longest running paid beta.

They need to finish this game at some point. Instead of cycling prime and cosmetic money grabs.

I've invested far more money into warframe than any complete triple A product so I feel entitled and obligated to ask for more. Because I'm currently getting less for my money in comparison to a non free 2 play game.

After 5 plus years, they can't really use the "but it's free" excuse anymore.

No. I wouldn't give this company any serious awards. Even the "passion project" award is a joke since this isn't a passion project. It's just a poorly managed beta with micro transactions at every turn.

Can't take it seriously when the game isnt even close to being finished or issues persist since launch but they sell a prime bundle for the cost of a new triple A game. 

In fact I'd be willing to pay for a subscription if it meant faster and larger additions to the game that weren't designed around an aimless skinner box.

Edited by IIDMOII

22 hours ago, Dabnician said:

You realize every MMO or Game-As-A-Service is a officially still in beta right?

Like WoW is still technically in beta because they all are technically incomplete.

You know what game isn't in beta? StarWarsGalaxies, that one was released and then patched and now since the servers are shut down there is no more development.(emulator doesnt count)

Not true. First of all, WoW is not in beta. Each expansion goes through a beta process, but the base/core/original game had a closed beta and open beta that both actually ended, followed by an actual launch of the game (officially releasing as it moved out of beta). That game has existed long before Warframe was even thought of, and went through the proper process for their content. This is also not limited to WoW. Plenty of MMOs have limited beta periods, after which they launch as a post-beta game. Even more obscure MMOs like DC Universe Online and Defiance had specific closed and open beta periods that ended before they launched, and they saw additional content release post-launch. Being released or complete doesn't mean devs can't continue to add content and make changes. What it describes is the product as a whole. Is it a complete package? When the answer is yes, a game is complete and can proceed to build on the game that they have.

Games stay in open beta perpetually when the devs just want to add more content without making the game complete. They don't want to organize the game in a coherent manner. They want separate parts of the game lying around, separate from each other, without any additional work to tie them together. They don't want to polish up certain parts of the game to make the whole game have the same level of quality. They leave old content half-developed in a bare bones state, and quickly move on to the next new features because they can't be bothered to put more work into those features. The incomplete game, the perpetual beta game, is a boneyard of barebones features that sit there like crap thrown at the wall.

Perpetual beta is not a badge of honor. It is not praiseworthy. It should be discouraged and shunned. And players should push developers of perpetual betas to complete their games, to bring their features to the same quality level, to tie everything together, to fully flesh out the existing features of the game or get rid of them completely, so that the game is a complete product and not a patchwork of failed experiments. The Warframe that is the former is deserving of many awards. The Warframe that is the latter is deserving of none.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

3 hours ago, Unus said:

What happened then for you? I fully understand that Specters was one of our lowest points, but, you've been going on bitterly for two years now.

Could you tell me the change that "killed it" for you, so I can get some context to your bubbling anger?

Anger? Nope. I foresaw that DE would leave holes in the foundation of Warframe and go for ssdd flavor of the month contents that will even punch more holes in Warframe until sh!tty balance and difficulty became trademarks of Warframe. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Volinus7

1 minute ago, Volinus7 said:

Anger? Nope. I foresaw that DE would leave holes in the foundation of Warframe and go for ssdd flavor of the month contents that will even punch more holes in Warframe until sh!tty balance and difficulty became trademarks of Warframe. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah, "Lost Potential", here to start playing the fiddle as soon as Rome is caught aflame accordingly, with Specters being the point you saw Digital sprinkling what seemed to be future kindling.

While I lack the understanding as to why you would torture yourself by coming back to a place you find lacking forever more, thank you for being forthcoming in giving me an answer to a question that's gnawed at me since the day I showed up.

3 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

After 5 plus years, they can't really use the "but it's free" excuse anymore.

:suspicion: ok explain to me how this is changed

it would make the title to P2W but its not

Warframe is free to play and its stay that way

You as costumer are spending game time .. for Devs would that be income

You spend plat on certain items .. those behind it gets the income from it 

And Plat is free to obtain .. unless you are an sucker for Disscounts yes then you will spend real money and support Digital extreme more with income

.. As long you can obtain free economical currency this game can't be set to pay 2 play

TennoGen - Cosmetics  items are just some extra deluxe options to support the artist behind the Cosmetic who builded it (Digital extreme doesnt get any money from that) so far as i know

-- So my conclusion stays .. Its Free For Ninja's -- 

56 minutes ago, Unus said:

Ah, "Lost Potential", here to start playing the fiddle as soon as Rome is caught aflame accordingly, with Specters being the point you saw Digital sprinkling what seemed to be future kindling.

While I lack the understanding as to why you would torture yourself by coming back to a place you find lacking forever more, thank you for being forthcoming in giving me an answer to a question that's gnawed at me since the day I showed up.

Well it can be viewed from different perspectives which may run full circle, Warframe reflects the demands of players or Warframe tries to gather a certain kind of players who say yes to anything or it's gaussian distribution at work lol. I think EA is pretty late for "Don't like it, Don't buy it" meme, Warframe went "Don't like it, Don't play it" long ago since it is the typical end point reply of complaint threads in Warframe forum.

Observing how Warframe handles behaviorism and manages player base demography is pretty interesting(much more interesting than playing a repetitive boring game like Warframe right?). 

The next obstacle for Warframe is how will DE implement dark souls invasion clone while avoiding carebear migration. Pretty interesting. 

Edited by Volinus7

On 2018-12-13 at 7:27 PM, Volinus7 said:

Well it can be viewed from different perspectives which may run full circle, Warframe reflects the demands of players or Warframe tries to gather a certain kind of players who say yes to anything or it's gaussian distribution at work lol. I think EA is pretty late for "Don't like it, Don't buy it" meme, Warframe went "Don't like it, Don't play it" long ago since it is the typical end point reply of complaint threads in Warframe forum.

Observing how Warframe handles behaviorism and manages player base demography is pretty interesting.  

Definitly Gaussian in my opinion, you'd never be able to pay me to try what Digital did and risk it all with a shot in the dark like this.

Ah, so it's the behavior that brings you in, eh? Warframe is a bit of a fascinating outlier experiment when it comes to development and design. I haven't met another game that's caught me quite like it in it's own way, mostly I specifically think because it lets me indulge in my creative interests alongside similar folks.

The new "custi-weapons" have been the current draw for the game itself on my end, with "where's the story heading next" being the second piece.

"Carebear Migration"? Whats. . . .. whats a carebear in this context?

Edited by Unus

6 hours ago, Omega said:

Warframe has a long way to go.  I really love this game but there is much to be desired from this game.
Parkour system is great, weapon diversity is top notch.  Graphics is very good compared to other FTP online games.

I made a fresh account on the PS4 version and started over to see how enjoyable the game really was.
The storytelling/lore appears to be fragmented, there's a couple good cinematic quests near the end but nothing really stands out from that other than figuring out what you truly are.

One could realistically "complete" all the quests at MR5 in under a week's time with limitations on doing Mastery tests.
90% of the content you can explore is locked behind a foundry which requires extensive grinding for parts/resources.
Aside from constantly grinding and building things, Warframe truly does not have that much to offer. 

As an MR26 player, it's hard to even figure out what to do in the game at this point even after obtaining almost every piece of gear.  Most days I just log in and sit idle in my Orbiter waiting for "new" content to be released which generally is just a few new weapons and maybe a Warframe here and there.  Compared to other FTP games - there definitely seems to be a lack of events going on.  We get a double credit/resource weekend like what... once per year?  Halloween event was seriously lackluster

If Warframe is not getting nominated for awards, it's because there are things that need to be improved as a game.  Some people expect too much from the game at its current state from what is really just a grind->build->repeat shooter.  To put things into perspective, if everyone could start with all the equipment unlocked - what else does the game really offer?