Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hukurokuju5

Forseeable BARUUK issue

Recommended Posts

Hey all, 

I think that Baruuk will have an issue generating edge in many team game settings because edge generation relies on enemy aggro and damage. 
This is akin to trying to trying to get energy with rage while your teammate cc prevents enemy damage potential
 

a solution to this problem:
>> introduce a taunt mechanic into his kit.  
I can see this replacing the sleep status on his 2nd ability.  

this would: 
- help generate edge in a teamplay setting by redirecting enemy damage to Baruuk
- introduce kit synergy, strengthen and add efficacy to a playstyle/role
- make the frame feel impactful regardless of teamplay

 

edit:

he generates edge from his 2nd ability (facepalm).  well, a taunt mechanic would still push his kit eeeeeven furthur  ;^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don’t 100% know how he will generate edge. If he can generate it off his 2 he should be fine. Also we don’t know how edge effects his 4. Is it like an energy gauge? Is it a damage buff? Who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott mentioned melee attacks also generate edge, but specifically from enemies hitting him or by Baruuk's melee attacks (such as his Paci-fists), still need to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Scott mentioned melee attacks also generate edge, but specifically from enemies hitting him or by Baruuk's melee attacks (such as his Paci-fists), still need to see.

edge from personal melee attacks would be great too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hukurokuju5 said:

This is akin to trying to trying to get energy with rage while your teammate cc prevents enemy damage potential

In other words, your teammates are out damaging you or have already CCd the enemies with abilities and therefore you don't need to be using your abilities in that situation and you should be supporting them or finding somewhere to do your own thing.

1 hour ago, hukurokuju5 said:

a solution to this problem:
>> introduce a taunt mechanic into his kit.  
I can see this replacing the sleep status on his 2nd ability.  

this would: 
- help generate edge in a teamplay setting by redirecting enemy damage to Baruuk
 - introduce kit synergy, strengthen and add efficacy to a playstyle/role
- make the frame feel impactful regardless of teamplay

Why do you deserve to have Rage/Baruuk's Edge mechanic? Wouldn't your teammates now have your problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a similar issue with Saryns spores at least at low levels they die so fast its impossible to get anything with spores.. even up to neptune, Saryn has spore generation issues, i hope Baruuk doesn't have similar issues as i totally ignore saryn now, and i will Baruuk as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DanteYoda said:

I have a similar issue with Saryns spores at least at low levels they die so fast its impossible to get anything with spores.. even up to neptune, Saryn has spore generation issues, i hope Baruuk doesn't have similar issues as i totally ignore saryn now, and i will Baruuk as well.

On the note of saryn. Go into negative strength maybe? or just build around her four to wipe rooms instead of building for spores.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

easiest way to gain edge as baruuk would be to do the following:

- recolour everything Black and Red

- start playing Linkin Park's older music (Hybrid Theory era)

- say "nothin personnel, kid" on each kill

- quickly glance at Shadow the Hedgehog

- Grofit! :devil:💀💢🔪🔫

by doing this before each fight, he'll have maximum edge all the time. pair with a Nekros for even more edge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hukurokuju5 said:

edge from personal melee attacks would be great too 

LOL

6 hours ago, hukurokuju5 said:

edge from personal melee attacks would be great too 

IS HIS EXALTED CALLED "PACI-FSTS" IM DYING. hahaah.. 

 

did i quote the wrong person. failsauce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...I'm with the "let's wait and see how the devs handle it first"

 

1 minute ago, Makunogo said:

LOL

IS HIS EXALTED CALLED "PACI-FSTS" IM DYING. hahaah..

Wait - for real. That kinda stupid - but in a good way - it's actually funny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

Think we should wait for when he's out before we start trying to play Developer. 

^this, literally people have nothing to do but be worried about something we havent even had a chance to play.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

by doing this before each fight, he'll have maximum edge all the time. pair with a Nekros for even more edge. 

you forgot to set your bloom to 100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DanteYoda said:

I have a similar issue with Saryns spores at least at low levels they die so fast its impossible to get anything with spores.. even up to neptune, Saryn has spore generation issues, i hope Baruuk doesn't have similar issues as i totally ignore saryn now, and i will Baruuk as well.

That's why you take Transient Fortitude off of Saryn and use Overextended at lower levels.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...