Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forseeable BARUUK issue

hukurokuju5

Hey all, 

I think that Baruuk will have an issue generating edge in many team game settings because edge generation relies on enemy aggro and damage. 
This is akin to trying to trying to get energy with rage while your teammate cc prevents enemy damage potential

a solution to this problem:
>> introduce a taunt mechanic into his kit.  
I can see this replacing the sleep status on his 2nd ability.  

this would: 
- help generate edge in a teamplay setting by redirecting enemy damage to Baruuk
- introduce kit synergy, strengthen and add efficacy to a playstyle/role
- make the frame feel impactful regardless of teamplay

edit:

he generates edge from his 2nd ability (facepalm).  well, a taunt mechanic would still push his kit eeeeeven furthur  ;^)

Edited by hukurokuju5

1 hour ago, hukurokuju5 said:

This is akin to trying to trying to get energy with rage while your teammate cc prevents enemy damage potential

In other words, your teammates are out damaging you or have already CCd the enemies with abilities and therefore you don't need to be using your abilities in that situation and you should be supporting them or finding somewhere to do your own thing.

1 hour ago, hukurokuju5 said:

a solution to this problem:
>> introduce a taunt mechanic into his kit.  
I can see this replacing the sleep status on his 2nd ability.  

this would: 
- help generate edge in a teamplay setting by redirecting enemy damage to Baruuk
 - introduce kit synergy, strengthen and add efficacy to a playstyle/role
- make the frame feel impactful regardless of teamplay

Why do you deserve to have Rage/Baruuk's Edge mechanic? Wouldn't your teammates now have your problem?

I have a similar issue with Saryns spores at least at low levels they die so fast its impossible to get anything with spores.. even up to neptune, Saryn has spore generation issues, i hope Baruuk doesn't have similar issues as i totally ignore saryn now, and i will Baruuk as well.

2 hours ago, DanteYoda said:

I have a similar issue with Saryns spores at least at low levels they die so fast its impossible to get anything with spores.. even up to neptune, Saryn has spore generation issues, i hope Baruuk doesn't have similar issues as i totally ignore saryn now, and i will Baruuk as well.

On the note of saryn. Go into negative strength maybe? or just build around her four to wipe rooms instead of building for spores.

easiest way to gain edge as baruuk would be to do the following:

- recolour everything Black and Red

- start playing Linkin Park's older music (Hybrid Theory era)

- say "nothin personnel, kid" on each kill

- quickly glance at Shadow the Hedgehog

- Grofit! :devil:💀💢🔪🔫

by doing this before each fight, he'll have maximum edge all the time. pair with a Nekros for even more edge. 

6 hours ago, hukurokuju5 said:

edge from personal melee attacks would be great too 

LOL

6 hours ago, hukurokuju5 said:

edge from personal melee attacks would be great too 

IS HIS EXALTED CALLED "PACI-FSTS" IM DYING. hahaah.. 

did i quote the wrong person. failsauce.

Edited by Makunogo

6 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

Think we should wait for when he's out before we start trying to play Developer. 

^this, literally people have nothing to do but be worried about something we havent even had a chance to play.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

by doing this before each fight, he'll have maximum edge all the time. pair with a Nekros for even more edge. 

you forgot to set your bloom to 100

5 hours ago, DanteYoda said:

That's why you take Transient Fortitude off of Saryn and use Overextended at lower levels.