Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would you rate Fortuna part 2?

FoxyKabam

7 minutes ago, Kobrakai85 said:

I haven't tried the new boss fight yet because I need to catalyst an archwing weapon and with my very limited catalysts I want to wait and see which weapon turns out to be meta first so I don't waste one. This seems like a pointless paywall.

Its not hard to earn plat... sell a few junk prime parts and BAM you have plat. I am at 270 at the moment without anything. I will hit the 325 maybe today and buy Baruk then... its pretty easy to get plat so its not a "paywall"...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DerGreif2 said:

Its not hard to earn plat... sell a few junk prime parts and BAM you have plat. I am at 270 at the moment without anything. I will hit the 325 maybe today and buy Baruk then... its pretty easy to get plat so its not a "paywall"...

I have 1600p right now, I'm still not going to waste it on catalysts for weapons that could turn out to be irrelevant in a few days.

I have to say that I began to feel disappointed as I read the patch notes on the way home, and things got worse when I logged in and checked the new content.

Let's try to explain why I feel so let down.

- Old Mate requirement to even start doing anything with the new content. (This is the first time ever you require a maxed syndicate standing to start new content, which is gated by another standing as well!)

- New warframe is locked behind 2 layers of grind, which is not good at all. You need to:
    - max fortuna ranks
    - grind solaris ranks
    - You will eventually be able to get the bp, which by itself is useless and considering the amount of insane grind required it is the first time getting the bp first irks me, as I'm unable to at least ease the waiting time a little as I need all the other parts anyway, and they are given one rank higher!.
    - I didn't check, but I'm pretty sure parts will require the new materials added on top of the new materials already present in Fortuna.

- Archwing weapons on ground were a good idea, but I honestly planned to not use them anyway, as I never really got into Archwing much. Their introduction on ground is disappointing in execution. They:
    - are required for the new bosses
    - require a new segment
    - require new materials dropped only in the new missions gated behind max fortuna standing
    - have long switch in time
    - have 10 minutes cooldown if you run out of ammo
    - require ammo drops that are present only in those new misions, limiting their usability to a single game mode and increasing the feeling of "self contained content" that began with POE.

- New weapons's bps are available in the market, which is good on paper. I thought they could be something to play with as an average player moves forward with the grind. Wait, no, they all require the new-new materials.
    - This means they too are locked behind max Fortuna standing and the new materials, being able to buy the bps in itself is useless until then.

My mood dropped to zero when by logging in I discovered nothing of the new content was accessible unless I maxed Fortuna Standing first. This is bad, bad design.
- I'm less than 50k standing from maxing Fortuna standing by the way, but it was something I could do by taking my time with it as there was no pressure in doing so, or at least I felt like that.

Now it suddenly became a mandatory grind to be able to even start to grind anything related to the new patch.

So, the new update for me just became "Esc -> Quit Game".

Grind to be able to grind and be able to grind the materials you need for anything newly added feels like this is the breaking point for me. Awesome game, I have thousands of hours invested in it, but this is too much.

I miss the bi-weekly/monthly smaller updates with a bit of lore sprinkled in them. I miss them a lot.

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, S074 said:

(ultra mega snip)

Boy howdy this sure looks like a lot of "wanting everything but not wanting to play the game to get it" attitude this forum seems to love so much.

What happened to the good old days where gamers were happy that developers gave them goals/items to work towards.

Edited by LupisV0lk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Skoll- said:

0/10.

Gating a new mission / heist type behind max rep grind of a faction is some BS.

Considering how the Orb fight can be a cluster#*!% for new players or those who aren't used to Eidolon hunt, plus the level 60-80 mob spawn. It deserved to be gated behind max rep grind. Honestly, this is what should've been done with Eidolon fights (probably you don't need max standing but have at least finish TWW quest).

• Like 1

Lupis, I played all the content the game offered so far, it's just that the stretch goals begins to be a tad too stretched.

Don't you think there is a problem when you can't even see the start of the path to the goal?

Edited by S074
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, S074 said:

Don't you think there is a problem when you can't even see the start of the path to the goal?

Well as an MR10 player... With all the things I need to do in game... Can relate but also can't. On one hand oh God have mercy, i already have tons of content to catch up while on another hand - yay more content to enjoy this huge game. 

I can't really see from veterans perspective this patch because I haven't even started doing Fortune due to huge amount of things I need to do anyways. By the time I will reach this part of content it will be ironed out by DE (hopefully) by looking at feedback.

Only spent about 4 hours in it so far to advance to Agent in VS, max the standing cap, do the first 3 stages of VS bounties, and of course finally get my Operator a decent hairstyle, but I like it! More content than I originally expected tbh. I do hope they manage to tweak and fix some things before the holidays though.

Rating "pretty awesome" on scale of awesomeness. 

A lot of hate against the standing caps as usual, but personally I really appreciate it as it makes it easier to just shut down the game after a couple of hours and maybe do something else like eating, sleeping, or go outside, lol. I don't understand the rush to do everything at once. 

Wayyy too early to give proper opinion. 

First run of whole heist was pretty fun. Damage dealt was mad and there was some real challenge. (At least to me.) 
Final boss was a bit confusing, but eventually died. Ending caught me by surprise. 

Arcwing guns ammo limit did not work for me tho.

Inital rating: Intruiging. Keep it up DE. 

I cannot give you my rating yet - as I still have a lot of standing to grind - before being able to begin the new grind - and then finally fight the spider boss.

I don't know when this will happen actually - Christmas next year maybe - unless DE removes or greatly lowers all the standing required in Fortuna - because I have Zero standing at the moment.

- No rating points given.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb bad4youLT:

Honestly nothing bout the "heist" I can a call a "heist" its just bounties with glorified assassination mission and new level of grind for new resources , worse when actual fortuna launch

While i agree, i really want to ask, did you expect something else?^^

I mean, they also call big tilesets that only have 5 bounties with always the same missions in it "Open World".

There is not much in it that justifies that term, no NPC's with Sidequests and only 2 sideactivities that you might ignore completly if you dont care for floofs+kdrive.

Anyway, i dont wanna judge yet because i didnt play it much so far.

2/10 but mainly because I'm salty over the fact I needed over 2 hours to get 15 gyromag's last night and missed the 12midnight switch over 'wasting' a days standing.   I was fairly lucky in the 'bugs' that were around not hitting me too many times.

Then there was the repeating 'dialogue' you could not skip, there was a time gate before the second bounty even properly starts as you don't get the first stage spawning until it's done all the talking wasting time too.... I swear DE's testers physically walked between locations rather than playing it like we will which is 'as fast as possible' when it's basically a grind fest.

Really not looking forward to getting the next required items for levelling up vox solaris, let alone more gyro's for the new weapons.   It wouldn't be so bad if there was another way of getting things other than the exact same bounty over and over and over again...preferably without the extended dialogue. 

Kind of started wondering why all three 'normal' toroids are worth 1k when some are harder to get than others.... other than unlocking stuff and being needed to build stuff you might as well just farm the most common one if it's for standing. 

I haven't even finished the whole quest as it took too long to get a 'common' reward and that was my main focus yesterday.

The archwing guns have to have a catalyst on them, can't say I was too impressed with that requirement and I've actually added them to mine already... for a lot of people that could be a plat wall considering how unloved archwing is.  The cooldown timer is just annoying in all honesty, it doesn't add anything to gameplay other than cause frustration.  Also don't like the fact I need to get a new module for EVERY archwing gun I might want to use and they're an rng drop just like everything else....

Actually I feel the entire update is VERY heavily geared towards people buying with plat, it's getting to the point where the 'encouragement' is getting excessive for me personally.  In fact this 'encouragement' behind massive grindfests and low rng actually puts me off buying stuff with plat...

What I've seen about the orb fight doesn't exactly scream 'fun' to me either, even more so with the incredibly lacklustre rewards (could have at least stuck the arcanes in there too like eidolons).  Some of my clan had been talking prior to fortuna about just wanting a 'big ass boss' (with fairly decent AI) that needed a lot of damage to kill without any stupid mechanics...you know kill them before they kill you type of thing, sometimes simple is best as often as not DE seems to over think 'challenge' into monotony and annoying mechanics and imo this looks like it might be the case here.

Amps and new arcanes from from vox solaris are basically meh to me at the moment when I look at their requirements and the amount of effort needed to get them... I have more interest in levelling up my k-drives and that's anything but enjoyable considering how slow they gain xp.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Kobrakai85 said:

While there are clearly issues with the new content, the majority of complaints are that people can't get X on the FIRST DAY. Wtf people...

When it takes over 2 hours to get 5 common rewards from a '5 minute bounty' (so 20+ runs) I'd say there are some valid complaints...

• Like 1

I feel like people are overreacting. Profit-Taker seems to be a fight not designed for new or casual players of Warframe, and new/casual players have a few thousand hours worth of content to work through. as someone who has completed most of what Warframe has to offer, 7/10; needs more polishing but I enjoyed expending all my revives for once, losing, then coming back with a more proper loadout.

1 hour ago, Kobrakai85 said:

While there are clearly issues with the new content, the majority of complaints are that people can't get X on the FIRST DAY. Wtf people...

I understand it with garuda. That was fine. The effort was a level 3 standing and to mine and to fight in 3 specific points for a while but that with baruuk... and the weapons... that is yo hard. Its not just time intensive it's also very unrewarding. I am with you it should could take a week before you get the newest warframe but THAT is overkill.

Edited by DerGreif2

1 hour ago, SliceOfHead said:

This update made me finally uninstall the game. Farewell, warframe, you had something there. Now you just a shallow corpse. Maybe after another 2 years there would be enough content and base-gameplay changes to play around for a month.

Why do people have to be so dramatic? Just take a break or give points in the feedback session... but dont post it without any points into the forum.

• Like 1