Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Little Duck Theory

shintenzu

I'm sure someone has probably already beat me to this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that little duck does not actually have any mechanical parts and is completely human. Here is my evidence. Not only that I believe she may habor resentment to the augmentations that the Salaris are forced to use in order to survive and compete. This could potentially be a huge spoiler, so read at your own risk.

Spoiler

Proportions:

Little duck is the only Salaris in Fortuna with normal proportions, everyone else has thick arms and legs which are distinctly different in proportions compared to every other human in warframe. The only exception would be legs prior to his repossession, which further confirms this theory as legs admitted that he did not have any augmentations due to his lack of funds. This alone is not enough evidence however, as legs despite having human limbs, still has a robotic head.

Chest Rig

Little duck has the smallest and most uniquely shaped chest rig. Everyone else in Fortuna has a chest rig that seems to encompass their entire torso, with a special neck compartment to attach their robotic head. Little duck on the other hand looks more like she wears her chest like link armor. You will also notice that you can clearly see her underarms inside her chest rig, while other members of Fortuna look like their arms are attached on top of their chest rigs.

Head

We all could tell that every adult on Fortuna did not have a human head attached to their shoulders due to the shape of their robotic heads, they are designed in such a way that no one would assume than a human head could fit inside. However little duck's "Robotic head" is the only head in Fortuna that clearly looks like it could fit a human sized head inside.

Hood

If her head was actually robotic, why would she be wearing a hood? A robotic head neither needs covering neither does it need concealment as the robotic heads in Fortuna do not have any distinguishing characteristics, add to the fact that all the other head models are far too large to even fit a hood on top, and you see that little duck's hood makers her robotic nature even more suspicious.

Neck

Everyone in Fortuna including the vent kids do not have normal necks. The adults have clearly mechanical necks, and the vent kids heads are not directly attached to their torsos in a normal manner. Little duck is the only Salaris in Fortuna that looks like her neck is naturally attached to her shoulders.

She refuses to talk to your warframe.

You will notice that she says "If you knew who I was and what I represent, you wouldn't have walked in here looking like that", "If you want to deal with me, loose the RIG", "I can't say I like the way you look, if you catch my drift". It is very clear that she harbors a level of aversion to your mechanical warframe, so would it be such a reach to say that she harbors resentment to mechanical body augments as well?

She uses a grineer gun.

Everyone else using corpus styled weaponry and tools, however for some reason, Little duck is the only person in Salaris that uses a gun that is clearly grineer in design

Edited by shintenzu
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-12-19 at 2:25 AM, shintenzu said:

I'm sure someone has probably already beat me to this, but I have a sneaking suspicion that little duck does not actually have any mechanical parts and is completely human. Here is my evidence. Not only that I believe she may habor resentment to the augmentations that the Salaris are forced to use in order to survive and compete. This could potentially be a huge spoiler, so read at your own risk.

Reveal hidden contents

Proportions:

Little duck is the only Salaris in Fortuna with normal proportions, everyone else has thick arms and legs which are distinctly different in proportions compared to every other human in warframe. The only exception would be legs prior to his repossession, which further confirms this theory as legs admitted that he did not have any augmentations due to his lack of funds. This alone is not enough evidence however, as legs despite having human limbs, still has a robotic head.

Chest Rig

Little duck has the smallest and most uniquely shaped chest rig. Everyone else in Fortuna has a chest rig that seems to encompass their entire torso, with a special neck compartment to attach their robotic head. Little duck on the other hand looks more like she wears her chest like link armor. You will also notice that you can clearly see her underarms inside her chest rig, while other members of Fortuna look like their arms are attached on top of their chest rigs.

Head

We all could tell that every adult on Fortuna did not have a human head attached to their shoulders due to the shape of their robotic heads, they are designed in such a way that no one would assume than a human head could fit inside. However little duck's "Robotic head" is the only head in Fortuna that clearly looks like it could fit a human sized head inside.

Hood

If her head was actually robotic, why would she be wearing a hood? A robotic head neither needs covering neither does it need concealment as the robotic heads in Fortuna do not have any distinguishing characteristics, add to the fact that all the other head models are far too large to even fit a hood on top, and you see that little duck's hood makers her robotic nature even more suspicious.

Neck

Everyone in Fortuna including the vent kids do not have normal necks. The adults have clearly mechanical necks, and the vent kids heads are not directly attached to their torsos in a normal manner. Little duck is the only Salaris in Fortuna that looks like her neck is naturally attached to her shoulders.

She refuses to talk to your warframe.

You will notice that she says "If you knew who I was and what I represent, you wouldn't have walked in here looking like that", "If you want to deal with me, loose the RIG", "I can't say I like the way you look, if you catch my drift". It is very clear that she harbors a level of aversion to your mechanical warframe, so would it be such a reach to say that she harbors resentment to mechanical body augments as well?

She uses a grineer gun.

Everyone else using corpus styled weaponry and tools, however for some reason, Little duck is the only person in Salaris that uses a gun that is clearly grineer in design

Watch at your own risk.

dsxpZKW.jpg

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Watch at your own risk.

Reveal hidden contents

dsxpZKW.jpg

Spoiler

Waaaaaaaaaaaaait.

It looks like the girl from the comics.

Did something happen to LD after those events and the girl for some reason took her place and name?

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait

Does LD have her own head where it is supposed to be, and the girl's head in the body rig and the two became one?!

Edited by WindigoTG

5 hours ago, WindigoTG said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Waaaaaaaaaaaaait.

It looks like the girl from the comics.

Did something happen to LD after those events and the girl for some reason took her place and name?

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait

Does LD have her own head where it is supposed to be, and the girl's head in the body rig and the two became one?!

Doubtful, after the events of the comics LD and Mitsuki pretty much just head their separate ways, Mitsuki goes to Cetus where she joins up with the Quills and Little Duck just goes back to her floating around the system doing whatever she does for the Solaris. If anything of further note had happened DE probably would have at least hinted at it by now. It's probably just a coincidence the face looks similar, there are definitely some aspects missing if it was meant to be Mitsuki such as the golden frames around her eyes and her distinct lack of an iris/pupil due to whatever the Argoya Medica did to her. 

6 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

Whether she is or not, she is a prejudiced, insufferable jerk.

in all likely hood she knows what the frames are and knowing what they are I would not want to work with them either.  also, she sells operator stuff why sell to people that cant use it any way

2 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

in all likely hood she knows what the frames are and knowing what they are I would not want to work with them either.  also, she sells operator stuff why sell to people that cant use it any way

Dude, if you have a Warframe, you are de facto an Operator. I don't think Excaliber Umbra is going to waltz into Fortuna on his own.

Well, that one image sort of blows my own thoughts on LD to bits but personally I hold the opinion that quite a few Solaris are un-modded or otherwise don't have a full rig. I'm honestly in the same boat with the OP. I mean, considering how basically every Solaris is born into debt or otherwise into a situation that they HAVE to go into debt to survive means that even if you are 100% flesh and blood, you still don't own your body. That is why the Corpus Taxmen not only repossess mechanical augmentations, but organs and biological limbs too. 

There's also the option that in the INSANELY rare case that a Solaris managed to pay off all their debts and leave Fortuna behind, that they would try to find some way to go full bio again. It makes sense in the hostile environment and working conditions of Orb Vallis, but elsewhere? My bet is on the first thing a paid off Solaris would do is find some way to get their head on top of a fleshy body. 

2 hours ago, Ryusuta said:

Dude, if you have a Warframe, you are de facto an Operator. I don't think Excaliber Umbra is going to waltz into Fortuna on his own.

I am not talking about the frame but the player if you don't have spoiler mode yet then you don't need to talk to her same goes for onco

Edited by spirit_of_76

46 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Stalker has no real truth behind it yet if it is an Operator or not. 

Chroma quest. 

Every warframe guarding the solar rails, and silver Grove. 

Every warframe guarding the solar rails, and silver Grove.  <- Specters - "Not real warframes"

48 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Stalker has no real truth behind it yet if it is an Operator or not. 

Chroma quest. 

Every warframe guarding the solar rails, and silver Grove. 

As has been said, all the rails and silver grove are spectre guardians which appear to be a short lived (When active) crude warframe copy.

All the text involved in "The New Strange" was later shown to be the kind of thing uttered by Hunhow "The womb of the sky", etc. Hence all evidence points to the Sentients controlling an operator-less Chroma, much akin to Alad-V using infestation to control Mesa.

And the current Stalker theories are flimsy at best.

7 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

@Ksaero 

How did you saw that tho? When I try it her stomach is just empty

5 hours ago, Ksaero said:

I wish I knew, just randomly bumped into this screenshot.

Reach max rank with vox solaris, move your camera into her head storage and talk to her.

The head will very briefly be visible right before your camera moves into a new position, either record this or get lucky with a screenshot to really get a good look at her.

5 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Reach max rank with vox solaris, move your camera into her head storage and talk to her.

The head will very briefly be visible right before your camera moves into a new position, either record this or get lucky with a screenshot to really get a good look at her.

Thanks, will try.

Edit: yeah it worked 😄

iGlvrSR.jpguXpjcu5.jpg

Edited by Ksaero
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ryusuta said:

There are plenty of Warframe that the factions would know about that aren't piloted by Operators. Rail Specters, the Silver Grove, and probably many unstated others.

14 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Not max rank yet, but I'll try before DE fixes it, thanks