Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit Taker Takedown Guide

Riesenkalmar

Basic Guide for beating the new phase 4 boss, note that this guide is not perfect and only presents a basic guideline to go by, further streamlining and testing is required.

Weapon Choices:

3 High Burst Damage Primary Weapons modded with the following elements, each for one player: (Recommendation: RUBICO PRIME)

Corrosive + Blast

Radiation + Viral

Magnetic + Gas

This leaves the 4th player to pick whichever element they want, though they will largely be focused on killing ads and using the archwing gun to take down the orb.

For Secondary Weapons you want to cover all 4 basic elements respectively, though this task is trivialized by using the HYSTRIX, completely removing the reliance 
on other players for proper base element coverage

As for Archwing gun choice, I strongly recommend the Grattler with a build something like this https://imgur.com/a/5wlI4Yc

Warframe Choices:

CHROMA serves as an excellent DPS, supported by an OCTAVIA for further DPS increase. Healing and increased damage resistance required to survive sustained attack should
be provided by either a TRINITY or OBERON, who can also double as a further buff using the SMITE INFUSION Augment for Smite. The last Frame choice is quite optional, but 
I'd recommend a HARROW for invulnerability and increased critical stats, from which players using the Rubico and Hystrix will benefit greatly.

Strategy:

The DPS will wield the archwing gun to great effect, whilst the 3 remaining players will work on decreasing the shields of the orb, and with proper element choices, there
won't be a single elemental phase in which you cannot damage it.

In the meantime, since you cannot access primary and secondary weapons whilst having an Archwing Gun equipped, the DPS will focus on clearing the ads around the rest of
the squad until it is once again their turn to damage the plating of the Profit Taker.

Rinse and repeat until it is done.

Edited by Riesenkalmar

or you can forget about moding your weapons for difirent elemental combos and use your amp to force elements to rotate on orb

eddit : also velocitus one shots orb leg joints , dont bother with any other archgun

Edited by bad4youLT

Hystrix doesnt work, at least for me

Nevertheless i did it solo in about 10 min with:
-Eidolon Chroma
- Stradavar or Tiberon prime, idr now but it was gas and magnetic
- Sicarus with corrosive
- Zaw with viral
- Imperator vandal with magnetic and gas

For those elements that i didnt have i cycled them with operator amp

Im gonna try some kitgun with radiation and corrosive later on

Wasnt that hard as the first try but still all the CC and dmg is annoying af and the rewards... ye i dont need to say anything more

1 hour ago, Riesenkalmar said:

For Secondary Weapons you want to cover all 4 basic elements respectively, though this task is trivialized by using the HYSTRIX, completely removing the reliance 
on other players for proper base element coverage. 

53 minutes ago, Raskolnikow said:

Hystrix doesnt work, at least for me 

It's not supposed to. Hystrix's quill types only change the type of the guaranteed proc, they don't affect elemental damage (poison/ice and fire/electric quills respectively have slightly different IPS values, but that's all).

22 minutes ago, ToaMimrik said:

It's not supposed to. Hystrix's quill types only change the type of the guaranteed proc, they don't affect elemental damage (poison/ice and fire/electric quills respectively have slightly different IPS values, but that's all).

🤦‍♂️ I'm such a moron haha

2 hours ago, Riesenkalmar said:

(Recommendation: RUBICO PRIME)

I stopped right there and move to another thread. Another let make this a meta thread.

The only time i have the luck to complete this thing whit out the constant host migration crash i completed with cashmoon with gas. GG BB

3 hours ago, ChaosSabre said:

Bring a tanky team with corrosive projections and ignore the adds. 

You will lose if you do this.

Tanky frames are fine even recommended. However once alert levels start spamming nullifiers, jackals, and slightly less than infinity things that will put you on your well sculpted butt its hard to recover ftom without some dedicated vermin control.

The guide is fine but slow utilizing old thought processes not taking into account terrain or resources.

It makes me wish I had an organized group to try some strats out with.

Edited by BallisticSalsa

Setup:
-Rhino 320% power str
-Arca plasmor: radiation,magnetic,gas
-Stubba (because of riven): slash,puncture,impact,explosive,corrisive, but any well balanced/high damage IPS secondary gun should be fine
-any gunblade with viral and fire
-Gratller: radiation and maxed puncture

Gameplay
-Plasmor for trash mobs and orb shields
-All other weapons are only for the orb shields and occasional trash kills
-be aweare of archgun ammo and save 1 for the final phase
-use your amp to rotate profit-taker damage type
gg

?imw=1024&imh=575&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Edited by Valgaarv

13 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

I went with my umbral inaros and he had no issues surviving at all.

I went in with a 0 forma not even full maxed mod inaros with a "not even potatoed" CL/LS dagger and did the same. Because I was killing adds.

The next time I did it I also killed adds but I was doing it on blessing trin where my best tool for the job was a rivened guandao and no one died.

Regardless, ignoring them is terrible advice.

1 minute ago, MPonder said:

Can someone answer where is this green orb thing?

I think it is the glyph that displays the type of weakness in rotation. It is on top of its head.

Anyway, this seems like Eidolon hunt all over again, including the exact same meta frames. Glorious. I already don't like during Eidolon hunts because it doesn't allow any sort of different tactics. It is the same thing over and over again, no questions asked. Now this.

After more the 25 run on PUG today. I find it easy to just use inaros for frame. Whatever primary and a kit gun.

I just use inaros with a lot of defensive mods.

Rapid resilience + rage + adaptation + arcane grace + whatever arcane for the second one

First always lower the alert lvl.

Second wear the shield down. (Most player dont know how to do this)

And lastly i let other people use their ach gun on boss while i clear the mob.

Got more then 25 toriod from that and it's fast

il y a 5 minutes, Anthraxicus a dit :

It is the same thing over and over again, no questions asked. Now this.

All videogame bosses are the same tactic over and over again xd, also we are like at 20 hours after it release, this is what we have now, first Eidolon party was 100% of the time trinity, harrow, volt and chroma/rhino, now you can go with oberon, limbo or ivara.

Just now, Valgaarv said:

All videogame bosses are the same tactic over and over again xd, also we are like at 20 hours after it release, this is what we have now, first Eidolon party was 100% of the time trinity, harrow, volt and chroma/rhino, now you can go with oberon, limbo or ivara.

These warframes all have a few things in common. Limbo, Oberon and Trinity were to either keep Lures alive and to provide protection from magnetic procs. The others have means to buff weapon damage. All the other warframes that don't fit these pre-determined roles are completely excluded from the fun. 
The same principle works here. Buff weapon damage and provide some protection. There is no alternative. It is pathetic.

15 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

Anyway, this seems like Eidolon hunt all over again, including the exact same meta frames. Glorious. I already don't like during Eidolon hunts because it doesn't allow any sort of different tactics. It is the same thing over and over again, no questions asked. Now this.

Eidolon frames arent meta for this. They're convenient. They do the job.

Trin, chroma will likely be good. The other two may be different depending on strats developed. 

Just one of those times I wished I had an organized group because I wanted to try a murder shroom strat.

Edited by BallisticSalsa

17 hours ago, xcenic said:

I stopped right there and move to another thread. Another let make this a meta thread.

The only time i have the luck to complete this thing whit out the constant host migration crash i completed with cashmoon with gas. GG BB

It's a recommendation as it's worked quite well for me, and I'm not forcing it to be meta.