The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What did you pick as a new player

Animo

23 hours ago, NocheLuz said:

I pick Mag when I first started out. But that was about 4-5 years ago. If I have to choose right now it would be Excalibur because how strong his 4th ability is.

For Weapons you can choose whatever you like. AFAIK, you can buy the beginner weapon from Market for a credit (about 20k-25k credit I think?) and you don't have to build them like any other weapon. But since it's MK-1, it's status are a bit lower than their normal counterparts.

Not entirely true. There is one starter weapon you can't buy. Skana. Also, OP, I picked Excalibur, MK1-Paris, MK1-Kunai, and Skana.

I started with volt and braton, lato, skana because those were good stuffs then and why not. Still Volt is my favorite and I use him a lot of time but I also have 3-4 other favorites.

Back in time I thought Volt is a great frame and basically he is despite he is squishy caster. I don't have any regret of choosing him.

My first choice was Mag because I wanted a frame which is fit to my playstyle. I am not sure about the weapon choice but I think that I picked a bo and paris then but not sure if I choose lato or kunai back in time. I still miss the old bo look because that was simplistic and useful. Nowaday the bo is still an useful weapon if you mod it right but I really miss the old look.

Edited by Coney18

15 hours ago, Zephyr-Prime said:

Excalibur, kunai, bo, and bow. Early game was hell.

Ugh this reminds me of when I returned...

I sold the Lato cause I wanted all silent weapons & got the Kunai...

Man....nothing is more priceless that that feeling you get when you throw a Kunai into a butcher's face & it just casually reaches up, pulls the Kunai out...holds it up...turns that son of a b(🙅‍♂️) sideways & sticks it straight up your candy derriere.

P.S.

That didn't happen once I got Despair...

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

I picked volt because i was just edgy enough that i didnt want to play the frame "perfect for new players".  And liked the sound of of his description with the alternate to gun play. 

Meanwhile for weapons i had few illusions of being a "ninja" and picked up the braton the kunai and the skana.

While looking back i still feel i made the correct choice for me, i wonder what i would have thought of warframe had i started with a different frame.  Volt actually has a great set of abilities for a low mr and modded player.  An invincible shield, a fairly high damage stun, speed to gtfo, and an ult that at the time could kill everything in your immediate vicinity.

Meanwhile excal still had his jump and no exalted blade, and mag was just difficult to use unmodded against anything but corpus.

Edited by (PS4)gamerpie12
Some grammar

i started with volt

soon after i bought nidus with plat and farmed rhino abd frost

but when I farmed excal and potatoed him i found true love

now you cant pry me off my loyal umbra

Edited by Markvirsll

Excal, skana, paris, lato. Cuz I'm a basic *@##$. I also learned a long time ago that just picking the "obvious" choices usually leads me to enjoying an introductory phase of a game better. Using the paris was okay, but I probably would have liked the braton better.

Volt, mk1 skana, mk1 kunai, mk1 paris. Died many times in Naamah due to homing attacks and my squishiness and lack of important mods so i needed to ask for help. Then i crafted limbo and been stuck with him for a long time(back when his abilities weren't as perfect for solo like they are today.

I went the boring route with Excalibur, MK-1 Braton, Lato and Skana. But not once in my time playing have I regretted my Excalibur pick in the slightest, nothing makes me happier than rushing to the aid of my allies with Exalted Blade drawn, blinding and slicing everything into shreds. It also is incredibly satisfying to run into an extremely durable eximus unit and endlessly swing my blade at them, slowly breaking them down despite the difference in power.

Its quite odd, but playing Excalibur just gives me this "Never give up, never back down" feeling when I draw my Exalted blade, and its that feeling that has kept me in Warframe since my early days as a clumsy oaf who couldn't bullet jump across a single chasm.