Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need an option to report/ vote to kick moochers

(XBOX)Tatakai no Kami

I'm sick of people grinding K-drive points while others are doing the missions/ After I called one guy out on it, he harassed me on XBL where I reported him, and I reported him for harassment in game too. Since there was no option to report him for mooching.

It's not fair that the only way to avoid moochers is to play in private or quit the squad when you're in a PUG squad and a moocher shows up. We need the option to vote to kick. and an option to report them.

Moochers ruined public games on Fortnite and they are ruining public games on Fortuna.

Oh and this wasn't some MR3 mooching, this was an MR26 who seemed to think his MR gave him the right to mooch.

• Like 1

This will most likely never happen. First of all, like Sentient said, this has been abused in other games

Second of all, you can report this to kick bot, screenshot and report them, or you can just ask them to help or leave. It they say they want to farm K-Drive points and they won't listen, just get on with it.You can still do the mission yourself hopefully and if not, you should probably be grinding to get better mods, weapons, frames, and level up

Let me flashback to the times I played L4D. When i just barely got into a multiplayer room and haven't even left where I spawned only to see that notification to have me kicked from the lobby. Time and time again, for months I couldn't play multiplayer without a couple friends in a party to make sure we could actually play. 

That's one example. There are hundreds more. A vote kick system is easily abused and players most likely will not use it properly. Oh, you're not using the setup I rather you had? Vote kick. Your MR is too low? Vote kick. Your color scheme is bad? Vote kick. You're just playing the game like everyone else? Vote kick. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stealthninjaktk said:

This will most likely never happen. First of all, like Sentient said, this has been abused in other games

Second of all, you can report this to kick bot, screenshot and report them, or you can just ask them to help or leave. It they say they want to farm K-Drive points and they won't listen, just get on with it.You can still do the mission yourself hopefully and if not, you should probably be grinding to get better mods, weapons, frames, and level up

It's not about whether or not i can do the mission solo. It's about them mooching rewards without contributing.

42 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

A vote to kick option would just be easily abused, it would cause more bad than good if it were ever to be added into the game.

I really don't care about hypothetical "It will abused" arguments. Because right now the fact we do not have the option to remove people from the group is being abused. and that is worse than any hypothetical situations.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

I really don't care about hypothetical "It will abused" arguments. Because right now the fact we do not have the option to remove people from the group is being abused. and that is worse than any hypothetical situations.

No

Lecheers aren't something you see every day, you may see 1 or 2 per day

While the votekick is gonna get abused everywhere and every time

Example

Oh, you're not using the setup I rather you had? Vote kick. Your MR is too low? Vote kick. Your color scheme is bad? Vote kick. You're just playing the game like everyone else? Vote kick. "

just like @Sajochi said.

Edited by -Sentient-

33 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Alright, I'm convinced. Let it happen. But you can never complain ever when you're kicked for the most nonsense and menial reasons. Understood?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, -Sentient- said:

No

Lecheers aren't something you see every day, you may see 1 or 2 per day

While the votekick is gonna get abused everywhere and every time

Example

Oh, you're not using the setup I rather you had? Vote kick. Your MR is too low? Vote kick. Your color scheme is bad? Vote kick. You're just playing the game like everyone else? Vote kick. "

just like @Sajochi said.

I'm going to disagree with your hypothetical situation. as I played Shadowrun a lot. That had a vote kick system, and in the thousands of games I played I saw it abused once. And it had a toxic community That thought every game should be played as TDM even when it's capture the flag or similar.

So, your hypotheticals don't match experience.

46 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Alright, I'm convinced. Let it happen. But you can never complain ever when you're kicked for the most nonsense and menial reasons. Understood?

Well, I guess if they add it, you'll have to get an XB1, hunt me down on XBL and vote to kick me to prove your point.

If you do, I'll owe you a beer.

Pass on vote kick. 

Aside from reasons provided already, it doesn't solve the issues.  People will still leech. 

Maybe a vote to have someone shunted to their own instance when everyone is out of combat or when a bounty is completed but hard pass on standard vote kick. 

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Pass on vote kick. 

Aside from reasons provided already, it doesn't solve the issues.  People will still leech. 

Maybe a vote to have someone shunted to their own instance when everyone is out of combat or when a bounty is completed but hard pass on standard vote kick. 

So a Vote kick system then?

Il y a 8 heures, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami a dit :

If you don't care about solid arguments i don't see why one would care about your issues either then.

Being that agressive isn't legit because you seem frustrated by something as common as someone not doing his job in some random videogame. Kick votes won't ever happen for obvious reasons so if you're not pleased by your team, you can still leave and try again.

And if you can't stand much people you can still play solo or with friends of yours, which are by far the best solutions in such cases.

• Like 2

On 2019-01-11 at 11:36 PM, 000l000 said:

If you don't care about solid arguments i don't see why one would care about your issues either then.

Being that agressive isn't legit because you seem frustrated by something as common as someone not doing his job in some random videogame. Kick votes won't ever happen for obvious reasons so if you're not pleased by your team, you can still leave and try again.

And if you can't stand much people you can still play solo or with friends of yours, which are by far the best solutions in such cases.

When you make a solid argument I will pay attention, as yet none have been made.

When you consider that a valid option in a Co-op game is to only play solo to avoid leechers, then it is clear there is a big problem that needs to be addressed.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

Please show me this record.

I kindly suggest you to go and play team fortress 2, killing floor series, rainbow six siege, counter strike global offensive.

All these games have frequent votekick abuse threads because its damm easy to form a small group and troll people,

You are not using the weapon/char/skill/whatever i want? Votekick.

For there to be a vote kick option, there would have to be a few factors that determine if vote kicking is allowed. For starters, if 2 of the members were invited, they can’t vote. Otherwise it would lead to trolling. Part of the same clan, same thing. And it would require 3 votes to kick. So basically all pure randoms. Also there could be an option to report for unlawful kicking basically, where if you feel you were kicked for no reason. But to prove that, there would have to be no conversation in the squad chat where the guys discuss vote kicking due to ______. DE would no doubt get a lot of reports. And the penalty of unlawful vote kicks would be banned from public games. They can still invite or play solo. But can’t join public games. Same should be done to leechers and AFKers. 

Then there’s the factors like if the player hasn’t moved much at all within a certain time period. I’m not talking about standing still. I’m talking about meters traveled. If you only traveled like 20 meters in 2 minutes, there is a bit of inactivity going on. You don’t kill that many or inflict that much damage at all. Abilities used. Bullets fired. Melee swings made. All have to be counted in order for the option to vote kick highlights. 

Basically DE would have to do a lot of calculating in order to insure that only a leecher or AFKer can be kicked. Which is  no doubt complicated. 

Then there are those childish trolls that love to complain over anything. Mainly “that Saryn, equinox, volt, ember, banshee, etc. is killing everything while I chose a weak warframe for a kill all mission”. You know how many times a buddy of mine was criticized for using an equinox powered by my 206% rhino roar? They only focused on the equinox, claiming that she is OP while ignoring that my rhino is tripling the damage. There are dudes literally complaining that there should be a vote kick option so they can kick these “selfish tryhards”. One dude used a Gara and criticized a buddy of mine for using equinox, in a syndicate defense mission. Claiming he is “inconsiderate of others”? Seriously? So we are not allowed to play this game because of other people’s feelings? 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

So I doubt there will ever be a vote kick option as long as babies play this game. 

For bounties, DE needs to make it where if the players don’t reach the way point of the next stage within a specific time period based on distance(takes 1 second to sprint across 10 meters) then they don’t get any of the rewards. Period. “What if they’re noobs” then they need to get better, or play solo. Like every forum troll keeps suggesting to players, sick of carrying. 

If you are gonna join a public game in a bounty, then you have to participate in the bounties. Only people that would complain are the slow noobs or the lazy AFKers/Leechers. 

DE is not gonna nerf the bosses because noobs get killed by them. Instead DE would say the same thing like every other game. “Get better”. So why should the bounties be any different? If you can’t handle high level bounties then play the lower level bounties. 

I’ve fought and beat Kela Da thayme(how ever that is spelled) with I regular, unpolarized excalibur, heat sword, and braton prime. I was only like MR4. Until a buddy of mine helped me get everything else and now the Sedna boss isn’t a challenge. Stalker isn’t even a challenge anymore. 

It is why I refuse to carry new players across the solar system to fight bosses. Cause then they’ll just not gain any experience and slow everybody else down. 

But we, the majority, should not have to play solo or spend hours in recruit just for regular, simple, non-sortie/eidolon hunting missions. Recruit is meant for special, more complicated missions that requires a very specific and organized team. AFKers and Leechers should be the ones going to recruit and asking to be carried. 

Btw, I’ve reported many AFKers and Leechers to DE in support. I would call them out, they would usually respond with some disrespectful remark(basically saying F*** you). Then I report them and show the pic of the conversation and the stats of the last mission results. Hate having to do that a lot, but it happens. I just hope DE actually did something about them. 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

On 2019-01-10 at 5:56 PM, Sajochi said:

That's one example. There are hundreds more. A vote kick system is easily abused and players most likely will not use it properly. Oh, you're not using the setup I rather you had? Vote kick. Your MR is too low? Vote kick. Your color scheme is bad? Vote kick. You're just playing the game like everyone else? Vote kick. 

Or another one: "You're MR is too high?  vote kick..."
I saw that way too often in Pay Day 2.  If your infamy (basically prestige level) was too high people would just kick you because with no other evidence or anything you could do about it.  Of course if your infamy was too low then  then you were also vote kicked out.

And that is besides all the kicks "for teh lulz" at the end of a multi-day heist because "Why not?  It isn't too bad if you're kicked out at the last second after an hour of working towards the objective, right?"

On 2019-01-10 at 8:11 PM, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

So, your hypotheticals don't match experience.

And your anecdotal evidence doesn't match my anecdotal evidence in lots of other games with vote kicking...so where does that leave things?

How would you implement a vote-kick that would:
A) Be impossible to use to troll/grief
B) Still achieve its job with all of said restrictions?