The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime vs Umbra

(XBOX)Sigma Dragon X

Sooo i'm just curious.. all the founders out there, i wonder which of you still use Excal Prime now that Umbra is out. We all know the perks of Umbra compared to Prime so do many founders still use him or is he unfortunately collecting dust? I'm not a PC player even tho i easily could've been a founder and gotten him. But i'd rather a controller in my hand and most my friends are on xbox 😋 I'd most definitely alternate a lot tho between Prime and Umbra if i had both.

Edited by (XB1)Sigma Dragon X

Although there is very little reason to use Excalibur Prime over Umbra, I would assume most Founders who still use Prime would do it out of pride alone. In saying that, it's not like Excalibur Prime is much inferior (if at all) to Umbra so you could nearly consider it a cosmetic side-grade if you will.

I still use Excalibur Prime for the aforementioned reason of pride along with Lato Prime and Skana Prime (although the latter is very underwhelming for a Prime weapon).

3 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

Although there is very little reason to use Excalibur Prime over Umbra, I would assume most Founders who still use Prime would do it out of pride alone. In saying that, it's not like Excalibur Prime is much inferior (if at all) to Umbra so you could nearly consider it a cosmetic side-grade if you will.

actually its rather inferior with the umbral slots.

I have to admit I very rarely use it and that is only for cosmetic purposes. I still like the look of the helm and his exalted blade.

But yeah, DE pretty much screwed all the founders over by giving everyone a stronger variant, making Excal prime pretty redundant in the process.

I guess it is still like a classic car you take around every once in a year or so but other than that it is sitting in your garage collecting dust.

Edited by White_Matter

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

I have to admit I very rarely use it and that is only for cosmetic purposes. I still like the look of the helm and his exalted blade.

But yeah, DE pretty much screwed all the founders over by giving everyone a stronger variant, making Excal prime pretty redundant in the process.

I guess it is still like a classic car you take around every once in a year or so but other than that it is sitting in your garage collecting dust.

Not this again...

Well if they make a mag umbra one day I wouldn't mind if it has better stats than mag prime. Tho I think they should give y'all's Excalibur P a bit of a buff. Maybe have more health, energy and run speed than umbra as Excalibur P looks a bit more nimble

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115

3 hours ago, White_Matter said:

We normal people have no chance to get Excal Prime. They needed to do this because otherwise it would be unfair for later Excal mains to never get the good frame for there main. The other option would be to give other people a option to get Excal prime. THAT would be the only other option.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, White_Matter said:

how are you getting screwed over exactly? they took away your primes? 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

I KNEW IT.

THe moment I saw this thread I KNEW it would devolve into people whining about either having or not having Excal Prime, combined with "DE screwed founders over".

Hey, OP, @(XB1)Sigma Dragon X was that your plan, or you just weren't around the forums during the Sacrifice release?

I'm gonna call a troll topic on this one.

Same. 

It's a bit better hidden than the usual fair but, troll topic nonetheless. 

9 hours ago, Zeclem said:

actually its rather inferior with the umbral slots.

Not at all. Excalibur Prime can still fit in an optimal build without Umbra slots. The only part where I think the Prime is most certainly a noticeable downgrade is the fact that Umbra goes into specter mode while using the operator.

Neither of them though have an edge over the other and whatever content Umbra can complete, Excalibur Prime can as well. At least until the Sentient bonuses come into play hopefully later. Then at that point I will probably agree with you.

9 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Here we go again....

Another salty founder ladies and gents. A founder who has the exclusive privilege of enjoying a prime frame that people have wanted for YEARS and will never get. A founder who is now butt hurt that no one else other than founders really care about your exclusive prime anymore. If DE really screwed you over, they’d have broken the terms and conditions of the founders pack a long time ago. At what point do you think it would be fair for everyone to get an upgraded Excalibur if at all? It took five years. Pretty sure that’s long enough. Perhaps you should’ve known about the potential of a knock off that still honors their contract while pleasing everyone who will never get the exclusive Excalibur prime. DE did good by you founders by not releasing Excalibur prime and did good by everyone else by releasing Umbra. 

• Like 2

I do agre this is a troll topic or the OP is simply as slow as you people who don't UNDERSTAND why te founders feel a tidbit betrayed.

A simple solution is to give Excal prime a buff and while im not a founder, lets put it this way.

WITHOUT THE FOUNDERS, YOU WOULDN'T BE PLAYING THIS GAME TO WINGE ABOUT EXCAL UMBRA OR PRIME. Topic over.

1 hour ago, Aweberon said:

I do agre this is a troll topic or the OP is simply as slow as you people who don't UNDERSTAND why te founders feel a tidbit betrayed.

A simple solution is to give Excal prime a buff and while im not a founder, lets put it this way.

WITHOUT THE FOUNDERS, YOU WOULDN'T BE PLAYING THIS GAME TO WINGE ABOUT EXCAL UMBRA OR PRIME. Topic over.

Excalibur prime WAS buffed to match Umbra. Topic over.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Aweberon said:

Founders were just kickstarters, without non-founders supporting the game, warframe would most likely have either remained as a way smaller game or perhaps even been unable to make it to 2015.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Goodwill said:

Not at all. Excalibur Prime can still fit in an optimal build without Umbra slots. The only part where I think the Prime is most certainly a noticeable downgrade is the fact that Umbra goes into specter mode while using the operator.

Neither of them though have an edge over the other and whatever content Umbra can complete, Excalibur Prime can as well. At least until the Sentient bonuses come into play hopefully later. Then at that point I will probably agree with you.

i cant even get close to fitting my build on excal umbra to any other frame, so i guess our understanding of optimal is different. 

3 hours ago, Zeclem said:

i cant even get close to fitting my build on excal umbra to any other frame, so i guess our understanding of optimal is different. 

Optimal is subjective to the player (in most cases). I personally run a Surging Dash and Chromatic Blade build. I have all the Umbral mods slotted in + the aforementioned augment mods on my Excalibur Prime along with Blind Rage, Fleeting Expertise and Hunter Adrenaline.

Only difference between him and my Umbra is that Umbra can also slot in an Exilus mod which is nice but not necessary.

Edited by Goodwill

Tbh I didn't see an Excal in months... I personally wouldn't use prime if I had It. Umbra is just better with his mods, with his looks, and all the bonuses he has against the Sentients.

And probably founders should get some compensation. Maybe give prime his own set of special mods.

On 2019-01-21 at 6:47 PM, Henji said:

I've been putting him to good use: 

Reveal hidden contents

Sem_titulo.png

Press F to pay respects.

On 2019-01-21 at 6:20 AM, (XB1)SilverSurferGuy said:

Here we go again....

Another salty founder ladies and gents. A founder who has the exclusive privilege of enjoying a prime frame that people have wanted for YEARS and will never get. A founder who is now butt hurt that no one else other than founders really care about your exclusive prime anymore. If DE really screwed you over, they’d have broken the terms and conditions of the founders pack a long time ago. At what point do you think it would be fair for everyone to get an upgraded Excalibur if at all? It took five years. Pretty sure that’s long enough. Perhaps you should’ve known about the potential of a knock off that still honors their contract while pleasing everyone who will never get the exclusive Excalibur prime. DE did good by you founders by not releasing Excalibur prime and did good by everyone else by releasing Umbra. 

Your tone pretty much sums up who is really butthurt here. How long have you waited to rub it in our faces ? 5 years ? Lol. 

I think it took DE 5 years to find a way to screw us over without breaking the founder terms, and they finally did it. 

I wouldn't actually have any problem with them releasing umbra if both frames were identical statwise, but due to the umbral mods and their polarities, no matter how you mod Excal Prime, Umbra comes out on top. So it is no brainer to which one to use, as someone who has access to both, who is a vet and only cares about challenge and end game content. 

On 2019-01-20 at 11:26 PM, DerGreif2 said:

We normal people have no chance to get Excal Prime. They needed to do this because otherwise it would be unfair for later Excal mains to never get the good frame for there main. The other option would be to give other people a option to get Excal prime. THAT would be the only other option.

On 2019-01-20 at 11:50 PM, Zeclem said:

how are you getting screwed over exactly? they took away your primes? 

By making Excal Prime redundant because there is a stronger variant out there which is accessible by everyone.  there is no incentive to play Excal Prime anymore for someone who has access to both.