Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I give up with the ambulas sortie

(NSW)Belaptir

I just can't. I'm not having problems killing the ambulas, getting a good moded ivara kills the ambulas in seconds. My main problem as a console player is hacking them fast enough. Hacking the corpus consoles with a controller instead of a mouse is a pain. There is no fast way of doing it, I'm now used to hacking and can di it relatively fast, but I'm never getting those 2 seconds hacking or even less that you can achieve with a mouse. Please, someone tell me I'm not the only one struggling with the hacking system on console.

Seems it was not clear enough. I'm not running out of time on the hacking, I just don't do it fast enough. In the sortie (where you can't use ciphers), while you are hacking the ambulas, a drone can arrive and counter-hack it, so if you are not fast enough while hacking, the drone will re-activate the ambulas even before you run out of time on the puzzle. My problem is there, on being counter-hacked by the drones for not doing the puzzle fast enough.

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir
Clarifying

It's not the difficulty of the puzzle, I don't have problem with that. My struggle is with the hacking system. With a mouse you can just hover the mouse over the piece you want to move and do it. With a controller you have to move the control stick and keep it in that direction while moving the piece, then put it in neutral position to move the center one. The system is not made for very fast hacking and in a mission like the ambulas sortie where you need to do it as fast as you can to avoid being counter hacked by the drones, is a matter of luck other than skill.

umm i use controler on PC. its really not that hard. do the outer ring first, just start somewhere with 3 points. then mash the midel one. on switch B for clockwise and A for CCW. xbox A CW B CCW on PS X CW O CCW.

It's not a problem of how to solve it, I do it that way too. It's the controls themselves. On switch, to move is A or L/R but not A/B so you either press A or press L/R (which I find more intuitive). If you press B you leave the puzzle.

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

I just can't. I'm not having problems killing the ambulas, getting a good moded ivara kills the ambulas in seconds. My main problem as a console player is hacking them fast enough. Hacking the corpus consoles with a controller instead of a mouse is a pain. There is no fast way of doing it, I'm now used to hacking and can di it relatively fast, but I'm never getting those 2 seconds hacking or even less that you can achieve with a mouse. Please, someone tell me I'm not the only one struggling with the hacking system on console.

umm i use controler on PC. its really not that hard. do the outer ring first, just start somewhere with 3 points. then mash the midel one. on switch B for clockwise and A for CCW. xbox A CW B CCW on PS X CW O CCW.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Have you even read the post? I don't run out of time in the hackings, I'm just not fast enough for the ambulas mission requirements because of the control system that doesn't allow me to hack fast enough to not bein counter hacked (while you're hacking the ambulas, a drone can hack it at the same time maing your attempt useless). Can you tell me how a mod is going to help me with that?

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

You could build some ciphers - they ought to be able to do the hacks fast enough to stop them being interrupted.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

Just now, FlusteredFerret said:

Do you use the Intruder mod on your frames? That gives you several seconds extra to complete hacks. Or you can build those insta-hack keys...

It's not a problem of running out of time, but of not doing it fast enough to not be counter-hacked by the drones of the ambulas sortie (where you can't use ciphers btw).

24 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Seems it was not clear enough. I'm not running out of time on the hacking, I just don't do it fast enough. In the sortie (where you can't use ciphers), while you are hacking the ambulas, a drone can arrive and counter-hack it, so if you are not fast enough while hacking, the drone will re-activate the ambulas even before you run out of time on the puzzle. My problem is there, on being counter-hacked by the drones for not doing the puzzle fast enough.

If you have a serious problem with it, you should post it in the UI feedback forumpart

26 minutes ago, NocheLuz said:

I'm normally use 5 to 10 seconds to hack a Corpus system.

I also think Corpus is easier than Grineer...

Yeah, for some reason I find lining up those shapes easier than tagging those damn bells, while the indicator whizzes back and forth (first few are easy enough, but when it speeds up towards the end...). :thinking:

Edited by FlusteredFerret

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

It's not a problem of running out of time, but of not doing it fast enough to not be counter-hacked by the drones of the ambulas sortie (where you can't use ciphers btw).

Ah cheers. Never actually tried myself - I just assumed ciphers would work on machines as well as consoles. Now I know better. 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Can you clear out the drones first?  Can you use your Tenno to knock them away before starting the hack?

Drones appear during the whole fight continously, and not in few numbers. I can knock some of them away, which is what I do. But there's always one that will arrive while you are hacking. And the problem of the mission is that they can hack the ambulas to reactivate it while you are still hacking it first. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but it's what gives me more trouble with the mission.

You got two ways out of it. Stop trying to solo the mission or use a frame with an area denial ability that can delay the approach of the drones.

If the drones don't get to it before you're done, then the problem is solved, right? Sounds like you're trying to force a hammer to loosen a nut over and over.

Edited by RX-3DR
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, StamFFS said:

Just with the title i first though that this thread was about the bugged mission waypoint, the actual problem.

Same here. I gave up on it after a few attempts. In the last one the team found the Ambulas "arena" but for some reason I bugged out fell through the "floor" of the map into a previous area and couldn't get back to the action (the door was locked). Then I bugged again through the floor. I quit while fighting a flickering screen.

Not the first time either, this happened as far as I remember during the last Ambulas sortie as well.

7 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Ah cheers. Never actually tried myself - I just assumed ciphers would work on machines as well as consoles. Now I know better. 

It's not because ciphers don't work on machines, it's because ciphers are not allowed in sortie missions.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Drones appear during the whole fight continously, and not in few numbers. I can knock some of them away, which is what I do. But there's always one that will arrive while you are hacking. And the problem of the mission is that they can hack the ambulas to reactivate it while you are still hacking it first. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but it's what gives me more trouble with the mission.

How long is it taking you to hack?  If you stun/slow/CC the drones (Mag Counter Pulse, Zenurik Void Blast, Nova's MP, etc) then it should provide more than enough time to hack.  I did the third sortie (solo) just about 2 hours ago and didn't have issue with the drones interrupting my hacks.  (I used Mesa and destroyed them.)

OTOH, I'm on XB1 and I know we have fewer spawns than PC.  I'm not sure how the NSW spawns compare to us or PC, but I would assume (maybe wrongly) that the amount of spawns would be closer to other consoles than to PC.

58 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

It's not the difficulty of the puzzle, I don't have problem with that. My struggle is with the hacking system. With a mouse you can just hover the mouse over the piece you want to move and do it. With a controller you have to move the control stick and keep it in that direction while moving the piece, then put it in neutral position to move the center one. The system is not made for very fast hacking and in a mission like the ambulas sortie where you need to do it as fast as you can to avoid being counter hacked by the drones, is a matter of luck other than skill.

It's not a problem of how to solve it, I do it that way too. It's the controls themselves. On switch, to move is A or L/R but not A/B so you either press A or press L/R (which I find more intuitive). If you press B you leave the puzzle.

They didnt make use of Switch's motion sensor? How sad.

if you're trying to solo it, you may be handicapping yourself. on this occasion, contrary to what I normally say, it might actually be better to get at least one other person to focus on taking out the Drones for you whilst you hack. consider using recruit chat to try and minimize the risk of Leechers and other undesirables.  either that, or use Specters to draw some agro and maybe swat a few drones away.

For those that are experienced with the game, there is a bug with today's sortie3.

Besides the extensive corrosive procs, 3-4 units deliver out of scale damage.

Even the beefiest build can be floored within a few hits.

Work your way around that problem if you wanna solo it.

Edited by disco_inferno6

36 minutes ago, disco_inferno6 said:

For those that are experienced with the game, there is a bug with today's sortie3.

Besides the extensive corrosive procs, 3-4 units deliver out of scale damage.

Even the beefiest build can be floored within a few hits.

Work your way around that problem if you wanna solo it.

Well, I was using Mesa and supported by a Trinity, a Limbo and a Mag. We kind of did ok and had no failed hacks.

As for the OP, it would be good to recruit a frame like Mesa or Excal Prime to help out. A DPS who can keep the drones away as you hack.