Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

please ease up void trace farming

Twistedsparkle

so yeah farming void traces always takes foreveeer

it doesnt matter even if I have resource booster and a smeeta to boost it up it still takes a obnoxiously long time to get an adequate amount
and then it takes even longer if you dont possess those things

I think like boosting void trace drops to 20 minimum and 100 maximum would be great
also those void trace drop alerts could easily be like 200 from the get go instead of 20 because they happen so rarely and would actually incentivize players do said alerts

just my 2 cents

5 minutes ago, Twistedsparkle said:

I think like boosting void trace drops to 20 minimum and 100 maximum would be great

It would probably be just as easy to change the quantity cost for traces rather than their drop quantity.

There are times where I have issues building them up, but most times I tend to gather them naturally while ducat farming. I think adding a feature to the missions to increase total earned could be nice since DE prefers rewarding additional effort rather than making things easier. Maybe each room in a relic mission has a chance to spawn a special corrupted enemy that either gives a multiplier for amount of traces earned that mission, or a flat amount of traces earned upon being killed.

Alerts yeah, they are pointless with that amount, in general no, there are ways to farm traces and rad relics already, running ESO being one of them.

When you run ESO as much so that you get every single reward from the drop table, you don't have to ever worry about void traces anymore and even if you run out of them, you can just farm ESO or do long runs for maximum traces.

Giving more incentives for long runs would be even better for passive farming.

I farmed traces from 0-ish to 1300 in a few hours when I got a sortie/login booster and I just did a cap mission which was available, also brought my cat. Was it boring? Yes, kinda, but it finished faster than I expected tbh. That’s just how farming is tbh 

• Like 2

@Twistedsparkle

If there's one improvement this needs, I think it's to just change the current 6-30, to 15-30.

15 at least adds something significant from one run while not overdoing it, because it's not that slow given the mission types one can do and get other rewards as well from, usually to continue opening relics.

but when you get streaks of 6 reactants. That's always been the problem with how void trace farming works.

I think the drop rate is fine you get ~18 on average. Maybe adjust it to 20 which means exactly 5 runs per radiant refinement. The thing that bothers me more is the randomness.

The rng in this game is out of control and quite pointless for traces in my opinion.

Edited by Arcira