Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor should be made an MR6 weapon again instead of the MR14 weapon that it is now.

--PV--Arc

It should've stayed at MR6. Making it MR14 makes no sense. You already have room clearing weapons at that point with far better Kills per second rates.

MR6 was a better because you actually needed the power the opticor gave you.

Reason for this post? I'm past MR14 and recently got myself the opticor and I've no reason to use it even from any standpoint since there are tons of other weapons that I can use. As for damage I've already got the tigris prime and can get the Exergis.

And I always found myself wishing greatly for the Opticor when I was MR6 but I never could get it then.

It was a terrible decision to lock it to MR14.

I strongly think this needs to be changed with the amount of strong weapons there are for higher MRs. The power creep has made the opticor pale in comparison.

Edited by Arc2199

19 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

id rather ask for a buff

all it needs is better crit chance so its not a crappy coinflip every time u fire it. 50% crit for a massive canon that takes that long to charge up is ridiculous. it needs at least 75% ( 30% base)

why not 38% base crit liek the Rubico Prime.

Make Opticor MR6-8, add Opticor Vandal locked to MR14, ez.

Your comparisons make no sense because it's an AoE weapon, not a shotgun and in no way worse than the other two either if you use the proper frame (also Harrow makes it outright broken, Banshee makes it always oneshot the targets), but i see no reason for it to be locked to MR14.

It's got way too forgiving with the AoE changes, but that's something AoE stat tweaks should change, not limiting the brokenness to MR req., it's just a long range Plasmor with the right frame buffs really.

14 hours ago, Ragingwasabi said:

id rather ask for a buff

all it needs is better crit chance so its not a crappy coinflip every time u fire it. 50% crit for a massive canon that takes that long to charge up is ridiculous. it needs at least 75% ( 30% base)

Agreed. I may be able to 1 shot targets but sometimes just to get to the slash procs it takes 7 HITS !!!!!! 7 ! It's ridiculous. A game which charges up so unbearably slow should not take 7 hits.

13 hours ago, kgabor said:

Make Opticor MR6-8, add Opticor Vandal locked to MR14, ez.

Your comparisons make no sense because it's an AoE weapon, not a shotgun and in no way worse than the other two either if you use the proper frame (also Harrow makes it outright broken, Banshee makes it always oneshot the targets), but i see no reason for it to be locked to MR14.

It's got way too forgiving with the AoE changes, but that's something AoE stat tweaks should change, not limiting the brokenness to MR req., it's just a long range Plasmor with the right frame buffs really.

Either way , not fit for MR14. It's too little too late at that point.

Should be MR6 or something.

And HELL YEAH ! Would love an Opticor Vandal.

Edited by Arc2199

At the moment, the ferrox is a much better weapon, also lets not forget about the battacor which also is by far better. I think the opticor needs a major buff. What I would du is increase the crit chance to 38% and give it infinit punchthrough (its a particle cannon which shoots matter at almost lightspeed for god sake), this would allow the weapon to deal much better with crowds of enemies, while earning its spot as an mr14 weapon.

Edited by BlachWolf

On 2019-02-03 at 3:36 AM, arm4geddon-117 said:

Faster charge rate, down to 1 and faster reload, that would make a whole world of differences, for the better

Yes. Either make it a low level weapon or make it more useable to be viable as an endgame weapon. Since it's seriously not one at this point with the options MR14 players already have.

22 hours ago, BlachWolf said:

At the moment, the ferrox is a much better weapon, also lets not forget about the battacor which also is by far better. I think the opticor needs a major buff. What I would du is increase the crit chance to 38% and give it infinit punchthrough (its a particle cannon which shoots matter at almost lightspeed for god sake), this would allow the weapon to deal much better with crowds of enemies, while earning its spot as an mr14 weapon.

Agreed. Power creep has made it a relic of the past. DE's usual policy of not paying attention to older weapons isn't a good one.

The Opticor should be buffed.

Edited by Arc2199

Instead of Buffing its stats raw, IMO Opticor just needs 1-2 additional polarities (1 v and 1 -) and have its "you clicked too fast/when you actually shot and not after the beam stated disappearing, thus i wont charge again now" fixed. Also the universal fix for all weapons that can equip firestorm/fulmination by turning said mods into flat +2 or +3m bonus to radius.

I purpose it to be on par with the Fluctus.

Which means longer charge time, longer range, bigger explosion and a whole lot of damage and a very high crit chance/crit damage.
This would make it somewhat similar to the lenz but far more dangerous with less usability.
Yes it would be very cluncky, but keep in mind if we just change numbers the Opticor and Ferrox will always be compared as they are very VERY similar.
I'd rather have completely 2 different weapons so they wouldn't compete with just numbers.

Thus a Giant AoE wipe the enemies face off Laser Cannon that is hell of alot clunky, but worth shooting if you ever do.
I suggest about a 3 second charge time, A hitscan continuous laser(using a full clip lasts 10 seconds) and everything that it contacts constantly creates a 10 radius AoE Blast.
Yes it will be very hard to use, but if paired with a good cc and some range, it should absolutely annihilate everything it comes to contact with. 

On 2019-02-02 at 1:05 AM, Arc2199 said:

Reason for this post? I'm past MR14 and recently got myself the opticor and I've no reason to use it even from any standpoint since there are tons of other weapons that I can use. As for damage I've already got the tigris prime and can get the Exergis.

lol i recently hit MR15 and went looking for stuff to build and saw i yet to make one of these, the charge rate on it is way to slow, it doesnt hold the charge so i cant actually aim it if i time my charge up wrong, honestly it just punishes you too much if you dont learn some stupid timing.

ill probably been getting rid of it since its mostly trash compared to everything else at its MR

Edited by Dabnician

3 hours ago, Dabnician said:

lol i recently hit MR15 and went looking for stuff to build and saw i yet to make one of these, the charge rate on it is way to slow, it doesnt hold the charge so i cant actually aim it if i time my charge up wrong, honestly it just punishes you too much if you dont learn some stupid timing.

ill probably been getting rid of it since its mostly trash compared to everything else at its MR

id keep it in the event they buff it. look at torid. it used to have very poor firerate and very poor reload.

if opticor charge time was reduced or even removed it would definitely be a MR14 weapon.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

17 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

if opticor charge time was reduced or even removed it would definitely be a MR14 weapon. 

god i wish they would, the first time i built it i was like Yaaaaa......hmmm... wth? really disappointing weapon, i guess maybe in that limbo package it would be okay as a new player but after playing a while and unlocking it i was seriously let down by how much better newer weapons feel

Not sure you can blame Power Creep. Opticor has pretty much never been a very good weapon.

The only reason Snipers are half relevant is their combo multiplier and one is pure elemental while one can build for bleeds.

Heh, just goes to show MR doesn't have much bearing on a weapon's performance. Torrid is MR 4 and that thing scales like a beast.

On 2019-02-05 at 3:34 PM, Andele3025 said:

Instead of Buffing its stats raw, IMO Opticor just needs 1-2 additional polarities (1 v and 1 -) and have its "you clicked too fast/when you actually shot and not after the beam stated disappearing, thus i wont charge again now" fixed. Also the universal fix for all weapons that can equip firestorm/fulmination by turning said mods into flat +2 or +3m bonus to radius.

It DEFINITELY needs a buff. I have 6 formas on mine and believe me , no amount of polarities save it from being outmatched by every other weapon past MR10.

It used to be a really powerful and fun weapon. Yet now it has fallen into irrelevancy. I believe DE should buff it and add a faster fire rate and higher crit chance.

Edited by Arc2199

29 minutes ago, Arc2199 said:

It DEFINITELY needs a buff. I have 6 formas on mine and believe me , no amount of polarities save it from being outmatched by every other weapon past MR10.

It used to be a really powerful and fun weapon. Yet now it has fallen into irrelevancy. I believe DE should buff it and add a faster fire rate and higher crit chance.

I don't know then doesn't it just become a better Ferrox? 
No offense but if one is just an upgrade of the other then we go down a deep hole of messiness. And neither is the Ferrox a really good weapon if you consider its MR too.
I'd rather give them each unique perks to keep those 2 different and not compete in the exact same spot.

And for the Opticor? BFG of Warframe. Higher Charge time, Higher damage, Higher Crit, Bigger Radius, Much less Mobility is what I think fits its status. 

6 hours ago, Shaburanigud said:

And for the Opticor? BFG of Warframe. Higher Charge time, Higher damage, Higher Crit, Bigger Radius, Much less Mobility is what I think fits its status. 

The biggest issue with the opticor is you cant hold the charge, once you hit capacity it fires which means you gets screwed if your timing is off in the bit, honestly ill just toss it in the bin as its less of a headache that way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arc2199 said:

No, in fact even in DPS instead of burst it competes with a nice chunk of weapons (its on par with the supra vandal, sybaris prime, prisma grakata, telos boltor, etc). Hell worst case scenario where you only get 2 shots (body ofc) and both dont crit its 14k damage.
Only weapons that beat it are snipers (where sheet dps is only accurate if you have a -zoom riven or a aoe cc frame for quickscopes) and tiberon prime, which is brokenly OP in raw stats just as Kitguns and Gram prime are and one hopes they will be brought down in line with the rest of the "high end" section of the game.

On 2019-02-07 at 1:17 AM, Andele3025 said:

No, in fact even in DPS instead of burst it competes with a nice chunk of weapons (its on par with the supra vandal, sybaris prime, prisma grakata, telos boltor, etc). Hell worst case scenario where you only get 2 shots (body ofc) and both dont crit its 14k damage.
Only weapons that beat it are snipers (where sheet dps is only accurate if you have a -zoom riven or a aoe cc frame for quickscopes) and tiberon prime, which is brokenly OP in raw stats just as Kitguns and Gram prime are and one hopes they will be brought down in line with the rest of the "high end" section of the game.

If you think only snipers beat it in damage then you haven't been paying attention to the recent weapons. It's been outclassed for a long while now.

Seems like a waste to me. It will probably just handle better. Bigger mag / better reload.

There's a lot of older weapons that would be very cool as Vandal / Wrath upgrades like Spectra.

How does Ogris not have a Wraith variant before Opticor gets Vandal? Sobek? Flux Rifle?

2 hours ago, Arc2199 said:

GUYS ! DE HINTED AT OPTICOR VANDAL IN TODAY'S DEVSTREAM !

REJOICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thy oh Great Prophet!
Tell us next what honorable gifts will come from the Void!
Bless us with your insight and shower us with better weapon variants

BY THE VOID!!!