Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's up with all the people extracting after 5 waves / 5 minutes ?

Elyann

12 hours ago, Ikyr0 said:

it's annoying AF. worst is when they decided to waste my Interception/Excavation Arbie by extracting after the first rotation. infuriating. not for long though, this will get fixed soon.

I agree , i generally keep my arb runs to a minimum of 40 mins , that way i have 1 "highish" chance of getting freaking adaptation to drop but then i join an arb with a team of people who run to extraction immediately after the first reward - i type in chat asking why we can't stay and that they're wasting an arb by extracting at 5 mins , some girl comes on the mic telling me that she was the host of the lobby and she makes the rules - i mean i don't wanna sound unreasonable here but WTF . if they were a 3-man party ( which it seemed like the case ) they should've played in friends only mode rather than commandeering a public match . 

If its hydron personally for me its because some guy is afking or think its OK to have under 10 kills in 5 rounds of hydron or just annoying play like slowva, Vauban and Limbo keeping enemies as far away as possible from the target, basically anything thats slowing things down. Sometimes its just an annoying host. Basically im practicing my right to just fk off rather than going through a game im not enjoying. Usually its pretty obvious theres something not fun when people are leaving at mark 5 rounds in a game and its their right.

Specifically hydron though. Leaving too soon on other runs like arbitrations, relic breaking or kuva is just being a cantaloupe.    

This is a DE problem not a player problem. 

I've been pretty vocal about separating missions for high level play. Something that seems so easy but they seemingly refuse to do.

The game doesn't teach you about reward rotations. That's something veteran players picked up on themselves. The game also doesn't encourage anyone to stay longer is necessary. The rewards don't ramp up enough to justify the time spent. The game also matches starchart noobies with veterans. 

There needs to be an endless mission type for high level players that is gated by MR or something. And they need to finally implement individual exiting with proper matchmaking replacements.

I find this most annoying in sanctuary. Around wave 8-10 is when it starts getting fun and everyone leaves. ...

If there isn't a nuke frame I very well could get a weapon from 0 to 30 in 5 waves. I might need to kill steal a bit, but at 273% roar, even Stugg murdered them, I've managed to make quick work forgetting to even apply a damage mod sometimes. 

But when someone is absolutely nuking the map, and they are using everything but the weapon they are trying to level.. I try to explain how affinity works.. Usually they tell me I'm wrong, so I stop helping all together so they get less affinity for the weapon. And extract, because they are doing everything possible to make it harder on everyone. 

But sometimes I get someone who genuinely wants to know more. 

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

If there isn't a nuke frame I very well could get a weapon from 0 to 30 in 5 waves. I might need to kill steal a bit, but at 273% roar, even Stugg murdered them, I've managed to make quick work forgetting to even apply a damage mod sometimes. 

But when someone is absolutely nuking the map, and they are using everything but the weapon they are trying to level.. I try to explain how affinity works.. Usually they tell me I'm wrong, so I stop helping all together so they get less affinity for the weapon. And extract, because they are doing everything possible to make it harder on everyone. 

If there isn't a nuke frame in Hydron, or even someone with a fast killing weapon like Ignis, people are less likely to stay.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

But if you only bring one weapon to rank up, you get more affinity for letting the nuke frame do the killing.

On 2019-02-11 at 12:27 AM, (XB1)Salty Ginger said:

On eris there is a node that, with a credit booster, 5 waves = 50,000 credits. Could be other nodes as well. 

i guess its called seminai. infestation defense. it gives you 48k with a booster, i use to do it long time ago but now i prefer index as i get 400k per round with a credit booster

• Like 1

On 2019-02-10 at 12:51 PM, hazerddex said:

this is why solo extraction is sorely needed. i am stick of having to extract at 5 min because some one decided they didn't want to go further. seems like DE is working on it though,

Kinda sucks to have 1 less guy there tho. I just force them to go 15 min and hold them in the game. 

If if he wanted a fast relic the capture mission was open too late now.

• Like 1

On 2019-02-12 at 6:27 AM, Cubewano said:

As it is this game just feels less and less like a positive co-op experience though honestly.  

Did it ever ? 

6 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

I guess its called seminai. infestation defense. it gives you 48k with a booster, i use to do it long time ago but now i prefer index as i get 400k per round with a credit booster

"Seimeni" and its on Ceres, not Eris. I have no Frame or weapon for Index.... I would get Slaughtered. 😞

also sometimes you lose just because you can't find the enemies.

3 hours ago, BDMblue said:

Kinda sucks to have 1 less guy there tho. I just force them to go 15 min and hold them in the game. 

Which is why we're now getting solo extraction. So you can't do that. If you wanted a long endless mission with 4 players, too late now, you should have used recruit chat.

5 hours ago, BDMblue said:

Why do you people do this ? 

That guy can simply just choose not to select a relic and squat by the extraction point which mimics the "Kinda sucks to have 1 less guy there tho." Problem you have.

Let him go and get a 4th guy.

As for your last point... YOU DON'T GET TO CHOOSE WHAT TYPE OF MISSION THE FISSURE IS.... if there was a mission type choice for each tier of fissure then you would have good point but if Neo Survival is all there is then don't be spiteful... just let them leave...

This is just a suggestion if you want to keep people in fissures then in my case I'l just die then not revive and go make myself a sandwhich.

The only time its okay to force someone to stay is if they  don't read the squad chat at all... then you can keep them there all you want... those silent jerks have it coming.

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Why do you people do this ? 

That guy can simply just choose not to select a relic and squat by the extraction point which mimics the "Kinda sucks to have 1 less guy there tho." Problem you have.

Let him go and get a 4th guy.

As for your last point... YOU DON'T GET TO CHOOSE WHAT TYPE OF MISSION THE FISSURE IS.... if there was a mission type choice for each tier of fissure then you would have good point but if Neo Survival is all there is then don't be spiteful... just let them leave...

This is just a suggestion if you want to keep people in fissures then in my case I'l just die then not revive and go make myself a sandwhich.

The only time its okay to force someone to stay is if they  don't read the squad chat at all... then you can keep them there all you want... those silent jerks have it coming.

Easy why we do it we want C reward and they choose to go to the endless for 5 min. Well since they had a choice before the game started how they wanted to open the relic and cost 3 random players a combined 15+ min of time. I think it’s better to make them waste 10 then lose 15 altogether. Because we’re going for the C drop ;).

Also it’s a learning experience for them. Endless modes are not for 5 min of gameplay any of the countless other modes are. Because like you know 😉 if you let them do it once they just keep doing it over and over and over. Till what is it now 1 guy tries to get out at 1st chance has become the norm.

This is why when they make 5 min extraction solo a thing they need to (on relics at lest) keep track of all players extraction point. Match the 5 min with the 5 mins and the 20s with the 20s.  Better for us all.

11 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

Also it’s a learning experience for them. Endless modes are not for 5 min of gameplay any of the countless other modes are. Because like you know 😉 if you let them do it once they just keep doing it over and over and over. Till what is it now 1 guy tries to get out at 1st chance has become the norm.

Also it’s a learning experience for them. Endless modes are not for 5 min of gameplay any of the countless other modes are. Because like you know 😉 if you let them do it once they just keep doing it over and over and over. Till what is it now 1 guy tries to get out at 1st chance has become the norm.

Endless modes are for 5 minutes of gameplay for me if I want them to be. That's not at all for you to say. Which is also why even if I planned to stay for longer, I still leave if someone else wants to leave after 5 minutes. Because you see, that's a learning experience for them: they learn that it's okay to want to leave after 5 minutes, and that if that's what they want they should just keep doing it over and over because that's not for anyone else to decide. It's also a learning experience for the people who wanted to stay: that if they wanted to stay for 20 minutes they should have teamed up with other players who also wanted to stay for 20 minutes instead of just naively assuming that some random player shared their opinions of what an endless mission is.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Did it ever ? 

"Seimeni" and its on Ceres, not Eris. I have no Frame or weapon for Index.... I would get Slaughtered. 😞

also sometimes you lose just because you can't find the enemies.

get inaros. make your HP 8.6k and your armor 675. use rapid resilience.

You will never die

I would assume it’s for a multitude of reasons.  They want only that rotation, time reatraints, lack of void relic, hit the level cap for an item they plan to forma, not enjoying the gameplay, etc.  I wouldn’t stress about it.  Everyone has their reasons/needs.   If you want to go the distance premise groups would be the way to go.  I’m assuming you’re a vet and already know that though.  

5 hours ago, rune_me said:

Endless modes are for 5 minutes of gameplay for me if I want them to be. That's not at all for you to say. Which is also why even if I planned to stay for longer, I still leave if someone else wants to leave after 5 minutes. Because you see, that's a learning experience for them: they learn that it's okay to want to leave after 5 minutes, and that if that's what they want they should just keep doing it over and over because that's not for anyone else to decide. It's also a learning experience for the people who wanted to stay: that if they wanted to stay for 20 minutes they should have teamed up with other players who also wanted to stay for 20 minutes instead of just naively assuming that some random player shared their opinions of what an endless mission is.

Ic so if the majority of players go 15-20 you think they should be the ones going to chat to form a party? 

When I play games with random I assume the game is going to be the standard. I’m not going to be selfish and assume everyone is going to bend to me and change what that standard is.

i think if your not going with the majority you should make a party in party chat. If your going 5 or I’m going an hour we can each agree to use chat.

If you don’t want to make a custom 5 min match and are fine with wasting 15+ minutes of other people’s time I’m fine wasting 10 of yours. Honestly I feel good about it.

Hope to tie your selfish account into a game for longer then you wanted real soon.

peace