Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non hateful suggestion - Orb Mother fight

BlinkandDie

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I agree. Even if removing the animation isn't an option, atleast let us equip the weapon mid-air.

agreed the fact that it stops you dead in your tracks to do this even when i equip the heavy looking weapon like the opticor or the war and can do cartwheels while equiping it, but  the slim veloictus some how is stupidly heavy just makes me raise an eyebrow. 

Edited by hazerddex

19 minutes ago, BlinkandDie said:

1. Remove archwing cooldown, JUST for this fight. 

The cooldown was specifically made for this fight. Why would they remove it for that?
They could remove it if you aren't doing the Orb Fight. That would be fine. But not for the fight. If you want to use your Archgun, just kill some of the Fluctus-Corpus.

I just want equipping/unequipping the archgun to be smoother.  Nothing like running 200m away from the fight so you can actually safely equip it without getting shot a million times, only for the game to ignore you eight times in a row.  Same with unequipping it.  Sometimes it just won't let me put the damned thing down until I try seven or eight times.

We should be able to just drop the darn thing on the ground by hitting weapon swap like we do with datamasses.  Then we can pick it up again when needed.  The cooldown should only apply to resummoning it from the gear wheel.  Right now I don't even bother switching back to my regular guns in the Profit Taker fight simply because it's so frustrating to switch back and forth.

• Like 1

The cooldown in intentionally designed for the fight, either take a loadout that kills the legs/body with ammo to spare or kill the archgun units for ammo.

Also it is possible to stay mostly mobile while pulling out your archgun if you deploy it mid slide and continue holding your slide button; you can maintain your slide during the animation.

5 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Because the fight is less fun with it than it would be without it?

The fight is trivial with the cooldown. It would be even easier without it.
Just kill one of the Fluctus-Corpus. If you are unable to do that, than that's your fault and not the game's.

I mean, the game itself would be more fun without the energy-mechanic. If I could spam my skills without the need of energy, without the need for Zenurik, without the need for Eneryg Pads, without the need for Trinity.
But changes aren't made just because "it would be more fun".
I like the cooldown, because I have to atleast think a little about what I'm doing during this fight. 

Btw.
Use the Ammo Chain Mod.
Your maximum Ammo represents the cooldown time. The more Ammo you have left, the shorter the cooldown.

Edited by WhiteMarker

On 2019-02-11 at 8:58 AM, WhiteMarker said:

Just kill one of the Fluctus-Corpus. If you are unable to do that, than that's your fault and not the game's.

Yes, it's totally my fault when the game doesn't spawn one of those for minutes at a time. 🙄

I mean, the game itself would be more fun without the energy-mechanic. If I could spam my skills without the need of energy, without the need for Zenurik, without the need for Eneryg Pads, without the need for Trinity.

I agree, which is why I think removing the permanent Zenurik energy regen rather than making it universal to all schools was one of the most boneheaded design decisions ever made in the history of this game.

Also, if you need a trin to be able to keep spamming your abilities, you're doing it wrong.

But changes aren't made just because "it would be more fun".

Aren't they? Enlighten me, then, what are games designed to be if not fun?

I like the cooldown, because I have to atleast think a little about what I'm doing during this fight.

No, you don't. As you said, killing the fluctus guys is trivial. If the game spawns one, you're shooting. If it doens't, your'e waiting. Thinking doesn't enter into it.

Edited by SordidDreams

14 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Yes, it's totally my fault when the game doesn't spawn one of those for minutes at a time.

Then you just wait for a minute. Crazy, right?

I agree, which is why I think removing the permanent Zenurik energy regen rather than making it universal to all schools was one of the most boneheaded design decisions ever made in the history of this game.

Also, if you need a trin to be able to keep spamming your abilities, you're doing it wrong.

A Trinity is always better than pads, because the amount of pads you can use in one mission is finite. Trinity can provide infinite amounts of energy.
This is fact. This is the end of this discussion.

Aren't they? Enlighten me, then, what are games designed to be if not fun?

Games are made to be fun, sure. But what is fun? Is there an universal definition of fun? No.
I think having the cooldown is fun, because without it the fight would be even easier. OP, and you, clearly think that this isn't fun.
So what is fun?
Changes to games are made to make the game more fun, sure. The Devs say what's fun about this change. This doesn't mean that every player thinks the same way.
So as I said, not every change is made because it would be fun. Because not every single person out there has the same definition of fun.

No, you don't. As you said, killing the fluctus guys is trivial. If the game spawns one, you're shooting. If it doens't, your'e waiting. Thinking doesn't enter into it.

I know, I seem like the guy that mastered Ultra Instinct.
It looks like I don't have to think about doing anything in the game anymore.
But I have to tell you, that this isn't the case. I have to think about what I'm doing. I have to quickly think about the amount of Ammo I have left. If I have enough Ammo left, why would I look around for a Fluctus Guy?
If I don't have enough Ammo left, then yes, I will look for a Fluctus Guy.
Is killing them trivial? Yes, because the are just tiny little bullet sponges. Is finding them trivial? You still have to look around. When is something trivial? Same question as with the fun-thing. For me it is kind of trivial. For the OP and for you it seems to be rather difficult...
If we go by your definition, then a lot of things don't require thinking. Driving doesn't require thinking. You just take a seat in a car, and then you just drive. No thinking involved...

Really, I don't understand what you are arguing about.
OP wants the cooldown gone just for the fight.
DE made the cooldown especially for the fight.
It's pretty obvious that the cooldown won't go away. They might change the animation, but the cooldown is here to stay.

• Like 1

On 2019-02-16 at 9:57 AM, WhiteMarker said:

Then you just wait for a minute. Crazy, right?

Waiting's not fun. If it were, waiting rooms would charge admission fees and kids in theme parks would just run back to the end of the queue instead of going on the ride. The purpose of games is to provide fun. Making you do unfun things makes a game worse by definition.

A Trinity is always better than pads, because the amount of pads you can use in one mission is finite. Trinity can provide infinite amounts of energy.
This is fact. This is the end of this discussion.

Or you could build for efficiency.

This is a fact. This may or may not be the end of this discussion.

not every single person out there has the same definition of fun

Yes, some peoples' is just wrong.

I know, I seem like the guy that mastered Ultra Instinct.
It looks like I don't have to think about doing anything in the game anymore.

Yes, yes, you're very badass.

If we go by your definition, then a lot of things don't require thinking. Driving doesn't require thinking. You just take a seat in a car, and then you just drive. No thinking involved...

Yes, that's why people tend to listen to radio or audiobooks when they drive, because being shut in a little metal box with nothing to occupy your mind gets boring.

I don't understand what you are arguing about.

Clearly.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

On 2019-02-10 at 10:19 PM, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

I just want equipping/unequipping the archgun to be smoother.  Nothing like running 200m away from the fight so you can actually safely equip it without getting shot a million times, only for the game to ignore you eight times in a row.  Same with unequipping it.  Sometimes it just won't let me put the damned thing down until I try seven or eight times.

We should be able to just drop the darn thing on the ground by hitting weapon swap like we do with datamasses.  Then we can pick it up again when needed.  The cooldown should only apply to resummoning it from the gear wheel.  Right now I don't even bother switching back to my regular guns in the Profit Taker fight simply because it's so frustrating to switch back and forth.

Yeah, I think it’s some sort of latency if you are not host, the hardest part of the fight is actually equipping and unequipping the bleeding weapon. That’s neither right nor fun.

• Like 1

On 2019-02-11 at 9:58 AM, WhiteMarker said:

Whats there to think about ? You push a button and wait... its not a crossword puzzle... its just Eidolon 2.0 . 

On 2019-02-17 at 8:52 AM, Lutesque said:

Whats there to think about ? You push a button and wait... its not a crossword puzzle... its just Eidolon 2.0 . 

To be fair, Eidolons are way more obnoxious than this. As annoying as the cooldown is, overall it's a step in the right direction. Hopefully with the next big boss DE will take another such step.

Edited by SordidDreams

I have another idea.

1.) Keep cooldown and animation.

2.) Remove the invulnerability for normal weapons from profit taker.

3.) Increase base and mod damage for archwing weapons by a lot in order to give them a non-artificial purpose: A massive powerspike for a short period of time.

Edited by Arcira

4 minutes ago, Arcira said:

I have another idea.

3.) Increase base and mod damage for archwing weapons by a lot in order to give them a none artificial purpose: A massive powerspike for a short period of time.

Ok, a bit of a problem here. Unless the orb had massive resistance to regular weapons, either people just lanka one shot the orb limbs and body, or those archguns are incredibly powerful to the point of game-breaking.

On 2019-02-10 at 2:19 PM, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

I agree with this, if the weapon swap worked 100% of the time, even in the air, i would like it much more. Im ok with the cooldown, chroma + ammo chain makes that cooldown usually 30 sec or less, but the animation should be able to be used in the air and actually work every time.

1 minute ago, clxrffdman said:

Ok, a bit of a problem here. Unless the orb had massive resistance to regular weapons, either people just lanka one shot the orb limbs and body, or those archguns are incredibly powerful to the point of game-breaking.

Yep forgot to mention that. Profit Taker hp needs to be much higher so you want to use them rather than being forced to. But when they are on cooldown you still can deal damage even if it takes longer. Archwing weapons need to deal far more damage than a Lanka or Rubico (including riven). After all you can´t use them as long as you want like a regular weapon.

21 minutes ago, Arcira said:

I have another idea.

3.) Increase base and mod damage for archwing weapons by a lot in order to give them a non-artificial purpose: A massive powerspike for a short period of time.

That's what they were supposed to be:

On 2018-12-18 at 2:59 PM, [DE]Megan said:

The intent here is to allow you moments of beefy damage output, and not become just another Primary/Secondary weapon.

Unfortunately it looks like they just haven't done the math. Or played the game. Or read any of what players told them.

Edited by SordidDreams

On 2019-02-19 at 6:40 PM, SordidDreams said:

To be fair, Eidolons are way more obnoxious than this. As annoying as the cooldown is, overall it's a step in the right direction. Hopefully with the next big boss DE will take another such step.

I just want more interesting bosses not another Giant Thing with 5 Million HP.

17 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I just want more interesting bosses not another Giant Thing with 5 Million HP.

I wonder why they don't use some of their old ideas that were actually good. Like for example Ambulas. That thing has armor pieces on it that give it damage resistance but can be destroyed, and shooting the exposed body part then does way more damage. That's a fantastic idea, except for some unfathomable reason they decided to put it on a boss that is a regular-sized moa that jumps around, which makes concentrating your fire on those specific body parts pretty much impossible. On a giant boss like an Eidolon or an Orb, that would work much better. But no.

• Like 1