Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New possible hacking puzzles in Gas City..gonna be a big pain on console.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

it would be insane to try and be Host authoritative on moving those elements.

You would think that but then we need host 'authorisation' just to open a door or switch weapons (hopefully fixed with upcoming update)...and we all love it when the doors don't open or the weapons don't switch over.

As I said I've seen lag while hacking the puzzle, admittedly it was a while ago (plus I usually just spam ciphers these days) but iirc the host was lagging too, I know for a fact it's not down to my system. 

Edited by LSG501

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

You would think that but then we need host 'authorisation' just to open a door or switch weapons (hopefully fixed with upcoming update)...and we all love it when the doors don't open or the weapons don't switch over.

As I said I've seen lag while hacking the puzzle, admittedly it was a while ago (plus I usually just spam ciphers these days) but iirc the host was lagging too, I know for a fact it's not down to my system. 

doors and switching Weapons is a completely different landscape. you need Host authorization for doors as the Host tells you what is behind the door, and because the Host needs to know what Damage you're supposed to currently be capable of attacking with.

the Hack Menus are the same whether you're the Host or a Client in a Session that's on the other side of the Planet + major Packet Loss(just as people do in all sorts of Sessions in Warframe, complete Hack Panels fine whether the Session is laggy or not).
the only impact factor on Hack Menus, can be Framerate since the Grineer one is affected by Framerate.

15 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

TBH my thoughts on hacking are that it should be removed from the game, period. It doesn't fit the high paced nature of the game.

And adding non-skippable hacking as difficulty is laughable (looking at sorties or nightmare missions), as if that was actually in any way hard. It's just annoying when you have to stand still for 2 seconds pressing random buttons or mashing space.

Warframe is a shooter not a puzzle game. If I wanted to play connect the dots I'd go to play some flash version of it on the web.

lol I love how people think because we skip all enemies and run to an objective the game is fast paced while we do have fast characters our speed is unnecessary outside the open worlds.

• Like 3

That looks interesting to me. Though I have to admit that puzzles will quickly become worthless the second you figure out how to do it, but hey, new puzzles to crack. And more variation is always good. Is it too much to hope for that Orokin Cipher from the Sacrifice quest to be implemented to Lua and Void?

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

doors and switching Weapons is a completely different landscape. you need Host authorization for doors as the Host tells you what is behind the door, and because the Host needs to know what Damage you're supposed to currently be capable of attacking with.

the Hack Menus are the same whether you're the Host or a Client in a Session that's on the other side of the Planet + major Packet Loss(just as people do in all sorts of Sessions in Warframe, complete Hack Panels fine whether the Session is laggy or not).
the only impact factor on Hack Menus, can be Framerate since the Grineer one is affected by Framerate.

Ok... we'll just disagree on this because my view is they're host side. 

Edited by LSG501

23 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

TBH my thoughts on hacking are that it should be removed from the game, period. It doesn't fit the high paced nature of the game.

Warframe is a shooter not a puzzle game. If I wanted to play connect the dots I'd go to play some flash version of it on the web.

I fully agree, they should also remove assassination, assault, defection, defense, excavation, hijack, infested salvage, interception, junction, mobile defense, sabotage, spy survival missions ans well as bounties and heists and most of the quests, including all cinematic quests and bounties!

Just kidding, I'm all for new hacking puzzles.

Not gonna respond to every lousy attempt at discarding my earlier comment, but I'd like to say this:

I dislike hacking, and I put out my opinion in this thread. If you like hacking, more power to you. No need to be a sour grape and try and ridicule my opinion with pathetic strawmen attempts and pseudo-logic.

If you think I got hurt or mad at you, you're wrong too. All you did was show me and everybody in thread that you:

1. Can't deal with a different opinion.

2. Can't formulate an argument to defend yours.

3. Can't discuss a topic properly, while respecting the other side.

4. Last but not least, You CAN'T READ. From what I've seen nobody actually read my post to the end, all you did was see "remove hacking" and you started writing an angry response.

So like, next time, before you confirm I'm right (because throwing strawmen and ad hominems makes you automatically wrong, ergo, as a recipient of that, I'm right), rethink your post.

This thread still isnt making any sense, "hacking takes too long, its too hard, its useless, theres lag"

I like how we have had it for years and all of a sudden its an issue like they havent made ciphers to make things easier for the children. Grineer hacking is THE EASIEST especially on console for those saying its hard time wise. On pcits simply moving your mouse and spamming A in good timing, on xbox its simly mash A. Corpus is harder on xbox but again still easy to do, I have not once lagged on either console, or PC during a hacking and I quite enjoy that its there to pose a challenge for those that think it should be removed for such small reasons.

14 hours ago, rune_me said:

I don't remember any puzzle in the War Within, I just remember really not liking the quest. But if there were possibles, they obviously were not important enough to leave a lasting impression on me. There's no puzzle in Saya's Vigil at all. And solving the puzzle rooms on Lua took me less than 2 hours, out of the 1000 hours I've spend in this game. That doesn't qualify as an "integral" part of the game. That's barely an afterthought. 

That being said, I don't really care if you take my statements serious or not. That was never a requirement for me making them.

Well you're just nit-picking now, but I regarded evading & controlling the Golden Maws as a kind of puzzle, as well as learning to use your void powers to traverse parts of the map. What I was getting at was any activity that isn't classified as shooting or resource farming.

In any case, you've openly admitted there are puzzles in the game, regardless of how long it took you to complete them. The very fact you don't seem to regard them as difficult or memorable only serves to show there is no reason for them NOT to be in the game (on the original basis that they're a pain to deal with).

Finally, your opinion is neither here nor there. The fact is puzzles do feature quite heavily in the game...sometimes in a significant way, as in the quests and sometimes as a brief distraction.

Again, all you're doing is arguing against something simply on the basis that you don't like it. Thats hardly a compelling argument, considering other players don't like mining, fishing, using Operators, time gating or daily caps.

If DE got rid of everything people don't like, Warframe would be just another shooter.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

1 minute ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Well you're just nit-picking now, but I regarded evading & controlling the Golden Maws as a kind of puzzle, as well as learning to use your void powers to traverse parts of the map.

In any case, you've openly admitted there are puzzles in the game, regardless of how long it took you to complete them. The very fact you don't seem to regard them as difficult or memorable only serves to show there is no reason for them NOT to be in the game (on the original basis that they're a pain to deal with).

Finally, your opinion is neither here nor there. The fact is puzzles do feature quite heavily in the game...sometimes in a significant way, as in the quests and sometimes as a brief distraction.

Again, all you're doing is arguing against something simply on the basis that you don't like it. Thats hardly a compelling argument, considering other players don't like mining, fishing, using Operators, time gating or daily caps.

I don't actually mind the hacking and never said I did. I just said I don't consider them to be "puzzles" and that I don't think puzzles features heavily in the game. Or at all. 

4 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

If DE got rid of everything people don't like, Warframe would be just like every other shooter.

I disagree. Every shooter has these little minigames now a days, whether is fishing or a crafting game or something else. So many shooters have hacking "puzzles". If anything the presence of these makes Warframe a lot more like every other shooter. If you really want to make a unique shooter these days, you should probably make a game that is just a shooter and doesn't include hacking or crafting or base building or whatever. Not saying I would enjoy that, because I don't mind the mini games, but it would definitely make your game different from all the rest. I mean, fishing and mining was only added to Warframe because they wanted to be more like the cool kids and have the same features as all the other games.

I'm no fan of the griener hack, but corpus are sweet.

And I'm on ps4.

And I think the controller approach to it is awesome and easier then it would be with a mouse.   0 targeting required. Just push joystick in proper direction and rotate.

If lasers were to have same controls, it shouldn't be a problem.  I'll enjoy 'em.

And yeah... I'm one of those who rush to console so we don't waste too much time as I trust I can solve it faster then many others...and... plus I like 'em.