The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hema and the Mutagen Sample's old wound

TioMegaManX

OK, this is just something I wanted to ask for a long time, everyone and their mother knows the story so I'll cut to the chase, people here who worked hard for the Hema research, all of you who Steve doesn't want to upset, I ask you, is it really a big issue if they reduced the price to something lower? I know they won't but I have to ask because you are the ones most affected by the situation or so he basically said long ago.

Part of me says: yes nuke it from orbit. It was a silly high amount and its still silly. 

The other part feels proud of having worked alongside my clan mates to accomplish this and just having the research done is like a trophy. 

So I guess a soft no I don't want it to change but I also wouldn't be mad if it did. 

2 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

Part of me says: yes nuke it from orbit. It was a silly high amount and its still silly. 

The other part feels proud of having worked alongside my clan mates to accomplish this and just having the research done is like a trophy. 

So I guess a soft no I don't want it to change but I also wouldn't be mad if it did. 

What if there was some kind of cosmetic given to clans who got it prior to the change? a badge, a sigil, etc.?

1 minute ago, Dark_Lugia said:

And than we have new people crying why they can´t get the cosmetic like kill leaderboards (i wish i had one off the emblems 😞 ), raids, old events, etc

Just asking, in any case I don't know, I am personally not interested in the weapon but I think it sets a bad precedent for things DE can get away with.

I know they said they ain't gonna do it,but if anyone asked for the requirements to be lowered to reasonable amounts,I'd always support that. I'm way behind the notorious Hema grind now,however I do not wish any player to go through that pointless waste of time and resources of grinding for a mediocre weapon. 3 of my clan mates and me were involved in grinding mutagen samples for our shadow clan at the time when Telos Boltace was an absolute meta melee weapon. My right arm was so numb from endless slide attacks,I literally had to wear a basketball shooting sleeve for a couple of days if I wanted to do something were I needed my hand relaxed (eg. writing... ). F*** that s***,seriously.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

If we're going that far might as well ask for ignis wraith to be research as well. There's a lot of legacy in this game. I think it's a good idea to keep them as they are.

There is a difference, Ignis Wraith bp can be traded and it was from an event, Hema would just need a reduction, ANOTHER solution would be to allow resource donation in clan treasury outposts.

Honestly hasn't it been long enough that those who still don't have it potentially deserve to have the cost lowered so they can acquire it at this point. I can understand the trouble some went through initially but in general I think it's time to let that ruling expire and make it more attainable. Even me in my ghost clan had to farm for a week to get it with one other person non stop so I can feel the pain to some extent but I would of been fine with it getting lowered even ten just so people could get the sub par weapon and be done with it.

• Like 1

On 2019-02-25 at 7:18 PM, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Honestly hasn't it been long enough that those who still don't have it potentially deserve to have the cost lowered so they can acquire it at this point. I can understand the trouble some went through initially but in general I think it's time to let that ruling expire and make it more attainable. Even me in my ghost clan had to farm for a week to get it with one other person non stop so I can feel the pain to some extent but I would of been fine with it getting lowered even ten just so people could get the sub par weapon and be done with it.

You know what worries me? I can eventually get it done in my clan as well and then I could expand the clan to allow masses of people to just enter, get their hema and leave, but what if DE makes another hema fiasco and my clan is stuck with high costs again? I honestly think DE doesn't reduce it not out of respect for the ones who managed to get it but out of pure sadism.

Hema cost is like a scar that reminds old and new players.

Reminds us to help keep DE honest. Kinda like datamining. We found some dumb numbers in the old Void and other omissions / mistakes where certain things simply didn't drop or were not attainable like Arch-gun weapon parts or the Chesa Kubrow breed from dropped eggs. Plenty of "mistakes" in the past some have forgotten.

I don't buy the excuse for a second though. Never did. I've had my time wasted plenty in this game due to changes like that.

Just make the Hema a really strong solid good weapon. Either make the lifesteal universal (so that burst delay recoil and meh mid range and above accuracy dont hurt its trick) or give it good long range accuracy with a much lower burst delay and no recoil. Also more than double fire rate (which is more like 60% fire rate for a burst weapon but w/e) so that the infinite ammo can actually be used or hells sake its damage could be buffed to 75 a bullet.

On 2019-02-27 at 1:13 PM, DatDarkOne said:

As someone who has done the research for the Hema twice in two different clans, it would bug me at all if the research costs were lowed.  

It would also mean you don't mind something like the Hema from happening again.

On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎27 at 10:04 PM, Andele3025 said:

Just make the Hema a really strong solid good weapon. Either make the lifesteal universal (so that burst delay recoil and meh mid range and above accuracy dont hurt its trick) or give it good long range accuracy with a much lower burst delay and no recoil. Also more than double fire rate (which is more like 60% fire rate for a burst weapon but w/e) so that the infinite ammo can actually be used or hells sake its damage could be buffed to 75 a bullet.

This seems like the best solution, in all honesty.

Making it really worth the grind would justify said grind.

The Hema research debacle, the day DE lost its innocence. The costs were bad enough, but the excuses and half-truths they offered after will always be what i remember

"We don't want to insult people who already farmed it"

"it's raining samples in Derelict"

"It's the most bought weapon we've ever released"

I think it's high time they righted this wrong.

10 hours ago, Jaysus41 said:

The Hema research debacle, the day DE lost its innocence. The costs were bad enough, but the excuses and half-truths they offered after will always be what i remember

"We don't want to insult people who already farmed it"

"it's raining samples in Derelict"

"It's the most bought weapon we've ever released"

I think it's high time they righted this wrong.

Actually, that day came long, long ago for me. It was Loki Prime's release, and it was when they introduced T4 void keys. Their excuse? To solve reward dilution.

BullS#&$.

Curing dilution would have been removing all the o-cells, fusion cores and credit caches which those missions gave us instead of rewards. That was the first blatant lie which stuck in my head, and it filled me with such rage that I couldn't even look at the game for half a year.

6 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Actually, that day came long, long ago for me. It was Loki Prime's release, and it was when they introduced T4 void keys. Their excuse? To solve reward dilution.

BullS#&$.

Curing dilution would have been removing all the o-cells, fusion cores and credit caches which those missions gave us instead of rewards. That was the first blatant lie which stuck in my head, and it filled me with such rage that I couldn't even look at the game for half a year.

Even to this day I think there is a ton of useless repeat mods all across drop tables in a lot of missions, want Khora's components? have a 100th captura scene instead, you can't sell it either and everyone has one already.