The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Wolf Spawn Rate is WAY too low right now

An8rchy

Look, Nightwave is amazing yes, but the Wolf spawn rate is beyond low...
For all the missions i've done right now, i only managed to get 2 Prisoners squads... tahts all!

With Wolf having a new weapon and with the abismal spawn rate, how are we suppost to farm a 30%~ ish drop 4 times ? It really needs a garateed way to spawn him or buffed rates

• Like 6

I feel having the Wolf be a random boss is a bit of a missed opportunity, and I think it's going to generate many more complaints due to how he's also time-gated (which means players may no longer be able to build the Wolf Sledge after he expires, and may find themselves RNGed out of that opportunity even if they specifically grind for him). Personally, I would've liked it better if there were Nightwave challenges that let the player hunt down the Wolf for some guaranteed encounters. Additionally (or alternatively), it'd be good to gain access to Wolf beacons somewhere along the line, including in the new shop via Wolf cred.

45 minutes ago, An8rchy said:

Look, Nightwave is amazing yes, but the Wolf spawn rate is beyond low...
For all the missions i've done right now, i only managed to get 2 Prisoners squads... tahts all!

I've only gotten 1 prisoner squad...and I've completed all of the weeklies and the daily and been running random invasions and missions everywhere and haven't gotten the wolf to spawn once.

I wouldn't be surprised if a number of players don't know about him appearing as an enemy as that is never directly hinted at either...let alone that he has a special weapon drop.

Hek, I've ran across Stalker and G3 yesterday and haven't had him spawn, which makes it seem like he has a lower spawn rate than the standard assassins, which is kinda absurd with how low the normal assassin spawn rate is.  Especially since he has a special weapon that is permanently missable.

1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

It hasn't been a day yet. You'll be able to build quite a few of these things by the end of it. Not that I'm fundamentally against it, I just don't see the need.

If you're lucky.

How many people still need specific stalker drops, or specific G3 drops or specific Zanuka drops?  And how long have they been in the game?
Because that is the situation we're facing, except that the wolf will disappear in a "few weeks" (whatever that means since DE hasn't released a solid timeframe yet) and then his weapon will be 100% unobtainable.

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

If you're lucky.

How many people still need specific stalker drops, or specific G3 drops or specific Zanuka drops?  And how long have they been in the game?
Because that is the situation we're facing, except that the wolf will disappear in a "few weeks" (whatever that means since DE hasn't released a solid timeframe yet) and then his weapon will be 100% unobtainable.

True, I don't know the drop rates of these parts, but there's an API for that I think. Stalker is a bit different. ... Ok found it, lowest drop chance is ~4%.

Steve has answered the other question in a tweet (found in another thread on GD).

Edited by Kontrollo
thread link

Just now, An8rchy said:

Again, If the Wolf has, lets say, 1% to spawn in any mission, even in 10 weeks, you might just have 2 parts for him, the spawn rate needs buffing 100%

I've seen him twice already after not even a day. Making up numbers doesn't help your argument.

Just now, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Oh yeah sure the typical "oh I had this and that xxxx times so you can't complain and it's the same for you duh" argument.. great, we need more people like you.

On topic: been playing since release, no sign of the wolf, so yeah, if he drops MR points, I sure as hell want them and not miss out on them bc of RNG.

Calm down mate and read again what I've written so far. I just think all of this is a bit premature, and making up numbers is definitely not the way to go.

No need to get agitated over it.

13 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

I've seen him twice already after not even a day. Making up numbers doesn't help your argument.

And you're very lucky.

I've ran dozens of missions and haven't seen him once, and have only seen one prisoner squad.

Simple fact is that he has an unknown, and apparently rather low, spawn chance.

Just because you've gotten lucky means nothing.  Or should I bring up the fact that I've gotten 2 legendary cores from sorties to say "Oh they drop commonly enough from sorties, why doesn't everyone have a few already?"  because that is essentially what you're saying here.

30 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

True, I don't know the drop rates of these parts, but there's an API for that I think. Stalker is a bit different.

Yeah, stalker and the other assassins are different...and much easier to spawn because their spawns are predictable and modifiable to a certain degree, including being guaranteed with a specific item.
Stalkers chances go up the more marked people are in a squad, and can appear anywhere.
G3 chances go up the more marked people are in a squad and appear in grineer missions only.
Zanuka chances go up the more marked people are in a squad and appear in corpus missions only.
Further all 3 of these have items to guarantee spawns.

Wolf?  Can appear anywhere.  No way to increase spawn chances.  No items that guarantee a spawn and overall has lower drop rates for his items than the other (outside of war/broken war).
There needs to be some form of rng release valve for a rare limited time only MR granting enemy.

• Like 4

I've had 4 so far, but one of them only appeared because I was goofing around in an Exterminate with a friend..if it werent for goofing around for a long time after completing the objective we would have missed that spawn. The spawn rates should be like invasions where they can happen any time before a mission objective is "complete." That would be really nice.

20 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

And you're very lucky.

I've ran dozens of missions and haven't seen him once, and have only seen one prisoner squad.

Simple fact is that he has an unknown, and apparently rather low, spawn chance.

Just because you've gotten lucky means nothing.  Or should I bring up the fact that I've gotten 2 legendary cores from sorties to say "Oh they drop commonly enough from sorties, why doesn't everyone have a few already?"  because that is essentially what you're saying here. 

I'm well aware that this is anecdotal evidence (3 times so far now, btw.) Maybe I'm very lucky? Could very well be.

I said it in response to the made up number of 1% because making up numbers doesn't help. And I've already helped provide some real numbers in this thread. But keep piling on if you think that's constructive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

36 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

I had one spawn with a invasion extermination five minutes into the mission. Then had another one spawn in a mobile defense after the five minute mark. I think you guys are just rushing through the mission. It might be after a certain time expire within the mission.

I had a friend who had Wolf spawn twice, around 2:30 in Survival, so definitely not rushing.

I ran a ton of missions, met his fugitives only 3 times, didn't meet the Wolf once.

The Wolf is only going to be around for about 3 months.

It took me a year to get the parts for the Brakk ( and I had to use beacons), several months to get the parts for the Detron, over a year to get all of Stalker's weapons.

I have yet to see the Wolf once.

Edited by Neith7