Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With the removal of alerts, new players now doesn't have a reliable early source of credits. Is there any plans to address this?

NaoEthelia

Hello,

This being my second account, I mostly relied on alert runs to farm credits early on, when I barely have anything unlocked. Now with the removal of Alert system, the enhanced credits rewards are no longer accessible now. Is there any plans to address the new player credit economy?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

pretty sure they are supposed to visit the market.

urgh, I really don't think anyone thought about what any of this will do to new players

Most don't or simply dismiss concerns about new players and alerts though not perfect it is still useful and would work well with NW allowing the new players options.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

pretty sure they are supposed to visit the market.

urgh, I really don't think anyone thought about what any of this will do to new players

Alerts were one of the first systems new players were introduced. In turn, alerts dripfeed players with what they need, and effectively might I add because new players usually have much longer play session than regular players, making the RNG-factor of alerts much less inhibiting for them. And might I add, the more effective ways to farm credits are blocked to them until at least 50 hours of gameplay, or they get a clan that carry them to dark sectors. 

Edited by NaoEthelia
  • Like 3

If I'm not mistaken, all dark sector nodes give at least 10,000 credits per completion. Early on you can farm the DS defense on Earth and Venus for credits. The only reason I know this is because before I could solo the Index I'd farm the DS on Ceres whenever I got a credit booster for 40,000 credits per 5 mins.

Granted, I don't think the game tells you this so it could be hard for newer players to find this.

Edited by (PS4)Moosegomoo

When I was starting to play one of the first things I discovered was that the credit alerts were almost never worth doing because I basically was always better off doing a short run in any of the dark sector nodes. 

Credit alerts are an awful waste of time even for new players... ideally new players should be progressing through the star chart and raking up credits that way, along with the fact that Fortuna bounties literally crap out credits and are intended for low levels and are accessible very early.  

1 hour ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Credit alerts are an awful waste of time even for new players... ideally new players should be progressing through the star chart and raking up credits that way, along with the fact that Fortuna bounties literally crap out credits and are intended for low levels and are accessible very early.  

Unfortunately, the methods you mentioned are myriads slower than alerts. Fortuna bounties, ontop of extremely poor rewards (1,500-2,500 credit cache) are also still RNG-based so it's very crap for farming credits, especially since bounties do not reward credits asides from ones dropped by enemies or caches.

Edited by NaoEthelia

Dark sectors are the answer early on. Many new players don't realise their first mission of the day has a double credit payout as well so make that whichever DS mission pays out best.

There have been enough comments on the forums about alert credits that DE probably realise they need a credit reward in NW.

Credit Alerts have never been a useful source of Credits for a Player of any progression point in the game. on almost every Planet on the Solar Map, there are Missions which will give similar or even more Credits per play of the Mission, and can be played infinitely instead of once at some random unknown time.

not to mention crushing Mods or Blueprints.
there's just so many better options.

i'm not going to sweat losing Credit Alerts. they were just UI spam that while like all other Alerts, did add some world building by their nature of popping up on Missions randomly....Alerts that actually awarded the Player something also did that without basically wasting the time of the Player.

now sure, if you played a Credit Alert on... a late Planet in the Solar Map that gave a bonus payout of like 15,000 or something, on top of the ~8000-12,000 that the Mission itself would payout... and played it as your first Mission that day, then those could be decent but.... that's also requiring to get a Credit Alert that landed on a higher Level Planet and the Player play that Lv30-40+ Alert.
but if they have access to the majority of the Solar Map then.... they could do basically the same thing on a permanent Mission too.

it honestly will save u overall more time with the game in general by trying to get the index or even hieracon unlocked fast as possible to credit farm in those as they give insanely much more at a much faster rate and i feel the credit alerts just slowed down yur progress w/o giving u much progress

Most credit alerts give less than 10k credit. At that point Dark Sectors give more or less the same amount per time played. The alerts that give more than 10k credits usually appear on late game planets such as Xini or Mot, and by that point, one would have the Index unlocked.

4 hours ago, jxfireruby said:

Most credit alerts give less than 10k credit. At that point Dark Sectors give more or less the same amount per time played. The alerts that give more than 10k credits usually appear on late game planets such as Xini or Mot, and by that point, one would have the Index unlocked.

Early in the game, just 7.5k credits was a lot in the sense that you were getting a good chunk for buying a new blueprint from the market, crafting one in the foundry, or putting your serration up a level or so to boost your damage. The rewards are pretty petty in the sight of someone who's gotten far into the game, but early in has any amount of credits look like a nice cache to take. It does fall off later by the time the Index is available, but I'd chalk it up to a lack of proper scaling rewards IMO.

And credit rewards from alerts weren't always by themselves. I recall a good number that might include a weapon blueprint or helmet variant. Something more to entice the time spent on the mission. Going through the Star Chart as a new player, alerts were also seen as ways to complete certain nodes without actually accomplishing the original mission type. I've found it exceptionally useful at times because of such since it helped me reach a node where I could consistently farm for more resources like a survival or defense where players are actually queuing up at (It can be difficult to find PUG's on the Switch more so than PC nowadays).

TL;DR Credit rewards were quite valued for a quick income as well as the benefits the alert also provided such as node completion and any secondary rewards tagged with it.

• Like 1

Alerts were a good credit source?  First time I'm hearing that. When I started years ago in 2013, I ignored common alerts because their payout wasn't exactly meaningful. Doing regular missions paid off just as much, if not more. My dedicated source for credits was Jupiter, running around opening all lockers (playing solo). They clearly gave much more credits compared to other tile sets AND I was farming Neural Sensors at the same time that way; back then Jupiter was the only place you could get them, they were quite rarer than today.

I clearly remember people even way back then dismissing alerts as not worth doing due to their low payout. Only if they gave unique skins, potatoes, resources, etc did people do them. The credit-only alerts were ignored.

Dark Sectors and Index didn't even exist yet. Now that they are here, new players have several better sources to earn money much quicker than we did.  The only meaningful alert back then that paid off credits very well were the Treasure Ship alerts. Those gave out like 50k credits and they were simply a Spy mission. I wonder why they removed them.