The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need to talk, DE.

ObviousLee

Just now, ObviousLee said:

You find animation locks tied to duration that are inescapable to be "better"?

her 1 doesnt have any animation lock but sure.

You find being defenseless until the animation is over to be better?

refer to the first one.

You find an utterly unuseable augment to be better?

as if former augment was any good

You find charging for the sole benefit of being a sitting duck unless you roll or melee or recast the ability which costs you the ability to hover, better?

"sitting duck" what? ever heard of turbulence?

Do you have any actual counter argument to bring forth? This thread is riddled with valid counter arguments against the notion. Yours? Yours amounts to about as much as the dude who quoted me with "lol u mad bro".

i already presented the argument. shes not exclusively a shield frame, thats why she can hover. but you decided to completely ignore it. 

having an actually decent and quick cc is better. 

having an usable and actually strong ult is better.

being able to hover in mid air where nobody can touch you is better. 

not being salty is better.

oh and, only "animation lock" is on her 3, not on her 1. so yeah. oh and, she does fly. her 1 IS flight. "oh but she drops after a cast" yeah so does aircraft when you stop fueling them. by your logic, those dont "fly" either. 

4 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

I'm glad you, like myself adore  Zephyr. So, the question I ask of you is this: After reading my suggestion on alterations for tailwind, would you agree or disagree that it would be a massive upgrade to her as a whole?

Yeah definitely it will be a good change... cause tbh I never use Zephy's 1 in any place apart from Plains and Orb...

Just now, Zeclem said:

her 1 doesnt have any animation lock but sure.

refer to the first one.

as if former augment was any good

"sitting duck" what? ever heard of turbulence?

i already presented the argument. shes not exclusively a shield frame, thats why she can hover. but you decided to completely ignore it. 

having an actually decent and quick cc is better. 

having an usable and actually strong ult is better.

being able to hover in mid air where nobody can touch you is better. 

not being salty is better.

oh and, only "animation lock" is on her 3, not on her 1. so yeah. oh and, she does fly. her 1 IS flight. "oh but she drops after a cast" yeah so does aircraft when you stop fueling them. by your logic, those dont "fly" either. 

guessing you don't understand what an animation lock means.

if you cast tailwind with a max duration build, you will stay in the animation till the effect ends. That's the animation lock. You cannot break out of it, when you used to. You cannot turn. you cannot alter your direction. At. All. You are committed to the direction you were aiming when you cast the ability.

turbulence has an extended animation which is addressed in the slashed out op because it's not the focus of this thread. Deny the proof all you want, it only gives me the idea you've little to no experience on the frame in question. I could very well be wrong, but that's the impression I get.

your arguments are counter intuitive. "Being in the air where nobody can touch you is better" but you have nothing but opposition to the proposition.

Just because her previous augment for tailwind was useless is not an excuse to let the current one which has massive potential to go to waste.

Review my flight mechanic, and then come back here with an actual argument. As is you're coming off just as oppositional.

Just now, Kalarual said:

I never really thought about it, but reading your post now has me wondering. Why can she fly?

Why can't zephyr, a BIRD?

this is easily the best damned post in the entire thread and you are now my hero for the day. Best. Quote. Evar.

2 hours ago, ObviousLee said:

Gonna address this by the numbers here.

1: we don't pay for any service. It's entirely free. Nor did I state any dislike for any particular frame. So nice strawman.

2: Again, another strawman. Never once did I say, suggest or hint that I am owed an answer. Not once did I declare that my will must be bowed to.

3. Flight is useless in hallways? Have you ever played Titania? Granted her kit differs entirely from Zephyr's however even if you're filling the exact same situation of zipping through hallways to avoid enemies not being on the ground with an entire x y z plane to navigate on increases your movement options.

4. this is exactly why I have the original post in how I feel to best address her issues with tailwind are  included in the original post.

5. Calling out blatant inconsistencies and mistakes is the literal job of everyone. Just as on a range everyone is a safety officer, in an online gaming community everyone is a bug tester, everyone is an observer with something to put forth. And in the instance where things are being put in that are direct requests for a specific warframe, but that specific warframe doesn't get the requested change but a brand new warframe gets it as part of their kit, We players of said frames find it hard to take in.

the outrage over zephyr not being able to fly started upon the release of Titania, and now I'm kickstarting it myself with Hyldrin.

It's a simple matter of "these have what this should, so why not add it to her too"

lol dude you are throwing one of the biggest tantrums I've ever seen, get over yourself

literally implying rebecca may get death threats over zephyr if shes not changed

grow up

Just now, youngjdef said:

lol dude you are throwing one of the biggest tantrums I've ever seen, get over yourself

literally implying rebecca may get death threats over zephyr if shes not changed

grow up

Please show us where it implies any death threats.

42 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

If you haven't done so already, please take a gander at the section of my op that highlights tailwinds issues and my suggestions on how to fix them, and then let me know if my suggestion addresses your concerns?

I did read it, but to be honest, I'm not sure I understood it. I don't say this to be critical (as I think there many solid ideas in there), I just think there's a lot going on and I might just be dumb (and/or my reading comprehension went to bed already). And it might make some of my points irrelevant.

I'm mostly confused by what "hold 1" does. It sounds like you're saying we "hold 1" to charge, and the charge effect is that we can fly around like Titania/archwing? If that's the case, then I think the transition period/animation would be really jarring (although the initial animation can happen while you're charging, the end animation is going to be annoying (to me anyways)). How does aim-to-hover work if I'm in "flight mode?" How does aiming work in "flight mode?" 

[Random suggestion in spoiler of where I thought you were going and totally did not go (again, not being critical, just got bamboozled)]

Spoiler

You got me thinking about some kind of reverse charge mechanic though. If you push and hold 1, you just get a somewhat slower Tailwind that goes where your cursor is - the charge gauge appears when you trigger it and counts down your remaining (powered) flight time. Then aim-to-hover makes sense to me, since you could use this to hover (and pause the flight gauge) and pew pew some people. Subsequent hold-1-casts would let you reposition in the air (if needed) and could possibly be made cheaper (or free if it sucks up all the energy for a current hover charge on initial cast). You lose powered flight when the gauge expires, you lose hover when your aim glide runs out, both refresh when you touch the ground. You can still "rocket" (tap 1) all day (well, as long as you have energy).

Maybe allow hip fire during powered flight for some cool hit and run tactics (but mostly because I may or may not pretend I am a bomber when I have an explosive weapon equipped). 

Possibly allow chaining a hold-1-cast after a tap-cast. "Rocket" covers ground quickly, hold-1-cast (to decelerate and) for more granular control as you get closer to where you want to be. Both can be stopped by aim-to-hover (if I understood you on the "rocket" functionality correctly), so you'd only use the hold-cast to get some more fine positioning before you decide to hover (or land).

My other source of confusion is what the "S" key does (Azmagon's suggestion). Mostly because you copied your text so I can't track down Azmagon's post. Largely unsure how to reconcile the "S" key with the content before it, and also how momentum works with the "resume flight." Actually not even sure what mode of "flight" we're talking about here.

Some other thoughts that may or may not be relevant depending on my level of comprehension:

• Tying Tailwind to power strength might still be problematic. I'm bad enough at Archwing navigation and I run a fair amount of power strength (for Jet Stream). Especially if the speed is compounded by Jet Stream, I can imagine the "happy medium" speed being "I hit all the things and died."
  • Divebomb on direct contact might work, but I'm not sure it's necessary if we can just stop Tailwind when we want. I'd probably be just as angry when Divebomb some random protrusion as when I currently get stuck on it while Tailwinding. I think my biggest complain with Divebomb functionality is just the angle feels inconsistent for me. Things I think should be a Divebomb aren't (thus faceplanting across the tile), or else I think maybe this angle is good enough to bounce off the floor and send me through a straightaway but I just Divebomb and there goes my momentum. I think it would play out similarly on walls/ceilings.
  • I do like the no-stop on enemy contact for Tailwind. Initially I thought spammable knockdown on a cheap ability might be overkill, but I guess Banshee does this without needing to throw herself at enemies. Inb4 we go for the knockdown on a heavy and just get ground pounded out of it (but that's just WF ;)). Gives you some leeway on missing the Divebomb angle too (at least you probably knocked down somebody as you smear your face on the ground). 

Just now, youngjdef said:

grow up

no, you're not using your brain to read words plainly written on the screen. There is no implication being made, this is something that has historically occurred several times in the past, specifically to rebecca over the vacuum change. I'm citing it as an event that has occurred due to unrestrained player outrage, and the developers caved as a result.

The fact you're declaring that I'm levying threats at the developers if I don't get my way, which is a direct opposite of what I put forth then it says a LOT more about you, than me.

1 minute ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

This seems to be a dumb thread thats just turning to a screaming match and why are feedback threads in gerneal again. 

easier to find for entertainment? more eyes to see it since people look at general then feedback? the person wasnt reading what sub forum they were posting too? they dont care? 

who knows all i know is i got to post bird and without being grossly off topic

3 minutes ago, Ascarith said:

I did read it, but to be honest, I'm not sure I understood it. I don't say this to be critical (as I think there many solid ideas in there), I just think there's a lot going on and I might just be dumb (and/or my reading comprehension went to bed already). And it might make some of my points irrelevant.

I'm mostly confused by what "hold 1" does. It sounds like you're saying we "hold 1" to charge, and the charge effect is that we can fly around like Titania/archwing? If that's the case, then I think the transition period/animation would be really jarring (although the initial animation can happen while you're charging, the end animation is going to be annoying (to me anyways)). How does aim-to-hover work if I'm in "flight mode?" How does aiming work in "flight mode?" 

[Random suggestion in spoiler of where I thought you were going and totally did not go (again, not being critical, just got bamboozled)]

Reveal hidden contents

You got me thinking about some kind of reverse charge mechanic though. If you push and hold 1, you just get a somewhat slower Tailwind that goes where your cursor is - the charge gauge appears when you trigger it and counts down your remaining (powered) flight time. Then aim-to-hover makes sense to me, since you could use this to hover (and pause the flight gauge) and pew pew some people. Subsequent hold-1-casts would let you reposition in the air (if needed) and could possibly be made cheaper (or free if it sucks up all the energy for a current hover charge on initial cast). You lose powered flight when the gauge expires, you lose hover when your aim glide runs out, both refresh when you touch the ground. You can still "rocket" (tap 1) all day (well, as long as you have energy).

Maybe allow hip fire during powered flight for some cool hit and run tactics (but mostly because I may or may not pretend I am a bomber when I have an explosive weapon equipped). 

Possibly allow chaining a hold-1-cast after a tap-cast. "Rocket" covers ground quickly, hold-1-cast (to decelerate and) for more granular control as you get closer to where you want to be. Both can be stopped by aim-to-hover (if I understood you on the "rocket" functionality correctly), so you'd only use the hold-cast to get some more fine positioning before you decide to hover (or land).

My other source of confusion is what the "S" key does (Azmagon's suggestion). Mostly because you copied your text so I can't track down Azmagon's post. Largely unsure how to reconcile the "S" key with the content before it, and also how momentum works with the "resume flight." Actually not even sure what mode of "flight" we're talking about here.

Some other thoughts that may or may not be relevant depending on my level of comprehension:

• Tying Tailwind to power strength might still be problematic. I'm bad enough at Archwing navigation and I run a fair amount of power strength (for Jet Stream). Especially if the speed is compounded by Jet Stream, I can imagine the "happy medium" speed being "I hit all the things and died."
  • Divebomb on direct contact might work, but I'm not sure it's necessary if we can just stop Tailwind when we want. I'd probably be just as angry when Divebomb some random protrusion as when I currently get stuck on it while Tailwinding. I think my biggest complain with Divebomb functionality is just the angle feels inconsistent for me. Things I think should be a Divebomb aren't (thus faceplanting across the tile), or else I think maybe this angle is good enough to bounce off the floor and send me through a straightaway but I just Divebomb and there goes my momentum. I think it would play out similarly on walls/ceilings.
  • I do like the no-stop on enemy contact for Tailwind. Initially I thought spammable knockdown on a cheap ability might be overkill, but I guess Banshee does this without needing to throw herself at enemies. Inb4 we go for the knockdown on a heavy and just get ground pounded out of it (but that's just WF ;)). Gives you some leeway on missing the Divebomb angle too (at least you probably knocked down somebody as you smear your face on the ground). 

Well first off, thank you for taking not only the time to read but also to address in a polite and inquisitive manner. Glad to see someone wants to understand what i've in mind.

So, in regards to the chargeup, it would effectively yield the same result as it does now, but the hover isn't the end of the charges effect.

what I mean is for those who like it, as is, you still get the function of it as is. Nothing changes for you.

However, if you wish to move in this flight mode you can, you gain moderate movement speed (actual speed values in either mode of movement are entirely up for debate) similar to titania's, but with the benefit of using your own weapons. so in this instance it functions similar to Titania but without the size reduction. Shift, like sprint, is your boost which will give you the speed you desire.

Basing it off str could be problematic, I agree. So that being said the speed drain and damage values would need to be adjusted accordingly. If there's a problem in this particular situation I'm not seeing point it out to me by all means.

Aiming would work similarly to how it does during the hover, but during lets call it "starscream" mode, weapons aim at the front.

She can still make use of the less casting cost on powers during the flight. The real boon here would be target fixation would be a truly viable augment as it gets a 60% power str increase to the ability for every enemy hit in your wake.

I must clarify that divebombs effects will be in the direction of travel when collision happens. So the impact force in the situation of even level flight would be forward should you ram into something.

Just now, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

This seems to be a dumb thread thats just turning to a screaming match and why are feedback threads in gerneal again. 

it was moved here. Not by me.

so if you see no value in it, why bother to contribute and keep it at the top of the board?

Just now, seprent said:

easier to find for entertainment? more eyes to see it since people look at general then feedback? the person wasnt reading what sub forum they were posting too? they dont care? 

who knows all i know is i got to post bird and without being grossly off topic

And our story has another hero. Beautiful birb it was by the by.

4 hours ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

An alternative suggestion would be for her passive to make her hover on aim rather than aim glide and just remove the secondary function of tailwind. This would make it easier to use and it would benefit from parkour mods

This would actually be a nice change. Could see the air mobility mods have a valid use.

4 hours ago, ObviousLee said:

I'm not judging the frame. Did you even read the OP? I'm upset that a frame themed around shileds, has a flight ability when a warframe that is THEMED AROUND FLIGHT has little to no actual flight aside from a janky system that unless one diminishes a stat that benefits the rest of her kit cannot be effectively used in the majority of the game.

Yes, I will argue about the correct definitions being used by the developers themselves that match actual real world identifiers. So since DE are the ones who made the determination I'm not sure why you've an issue with it.

I’m sorry that people are attacking you on this thread, posts like this really bring out the scum in force.

So many threads get derailed by people going out of their way to be toxic.

What you’ve outlined here makes perfect sense, Zaryaframe has enough going for her that she doesn’t need to steal another frames gimmick.

Not only steal, but do it better.

I get that DE need to make exciting content to bring people in, but there are so many frames that have been left behind. Or worse, broken by weak reworks.

I hope Zephyr gets the changes she needs, because Zarya frame shouldn’t be making flappy frame obsolete.

7 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

So, in regards to the chargeup, it would effectively yield the same result as it does now, but the hover isn't the end of the charges effect.

what I mean is for those who like it, as is, you still get the function of it as is. Nothing changes for you.

However, if you wish to move in this flight mode you can, you gain moderate movement speed (actual speed values in either mode of movement are entirely up for debate) similar to titania's, but with the benefit of using your own weapons. so in this instance it functions similar to Titania but without the size reduction. Shift, like sprint, is your boost which will give you the speed you desire.

Basing it off str could be problematic, I agree. So that being said the speed drain and damage values would need to be adjusted accordingly. If there's a problem in this particular situation I'm not seeing point it out to me by all means.

Aiming would work similarly to how it does during the hover, but during lets call it "starscream" mode, weapons aim at the front.

She can still make use of the less casting cost on powers during the flight. The real boon here would be target fixation would be a truly viable augment as it gets a 60% power str increase to the ability for every enemy hit in your wake.

You bamboozled me a bit with the Titania/Archwing comparison, but I got it now (I think). It does strike me as something of a "aim glide plus (prime maybe?)." 

My big problem with that implementation is that it's still difficult to navigate regular tiles with Tailwind efficiently. You'd have to charge up the flight mode if you want to not "rocket" into walls. If you want a quick dash, you're still stuck with "rocket" mode. Unsure if aim-to-hover stops "rocket" Tailwind, but I think that would still be a little clunky because of how ridiculously fast "rocket" mode is. 

My small problem is you can't move while you're charging the hover. At least if I'm remembering correctly. I never use hover in combat so entirely possible I'm off my rocker.

Can't speak to the Target Fixation because I have no experience with it (my face can only take so much punishment).

I somewhat see you are coming from, "Why doesn't a bird frame fly when this non flying-themed frame can?". Now if this was just the discussion then I would be fine with that.

Personally, I just see it as two different ways of flying. Zephyr flies extremely fast in a single direction with her 1st ability (I understand it's not the best but I am not really arguing around proficiency around a move nor how it's done, just whether or not it's considered flying) and Hildryn can technically fly with her 4th ability and it's a pretty slow hover with a jetpack-like mechanic. I can see that you do not see Zephyr's 'flying' as proper flying or what you determine as it, but I feel like it's just a general preference issue. While you may not see it as flying, someone else might instead.

But you somewhat go on about how DE doesn't like Zephyr anymore because of how they are catering to this new and shiny *Hildryn*. It feels like an over-exaggeration on something that is not really confirmed at all. Again, I feel like you are seeing this from a personal perspective, and while I am trying to respect your view, I can't really agree nor really understand it. You could point to a Warframe like Vauban or Ember as being examples of DE abandoning a Frame, but it's probably not in hatred nor angst towards it. It's probably just neglect, which honestly considering DE's record, is not that far off from being the answer. There are probably tens to hundreds of claims or statements made by DE that were never followed up on, even if they 'technically' did with negative community reception (like for example, Vauban's "rework").

I can see how you bothered by how it seems like DE is clearly giving up on a Warframe and pushing it aside because a new one's coming, but honestly there is probably zero concrete evidence of that. I am not disagreeing on the fact that Zephyr could use an eventual rework and maybe some way to fit in the flying mechanic to her, but coming to the conclusion that this Warframe is being spat on by the developers is going a bit too far. Their priorities are probably just set onto different paths right now, as per usual.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

I’m sorry that people are attacking you on this thread, posts like this really bring out the scum in force.

So many threads get derailed by people going out of their way to be toxic.

What you’ve outlined here makes perfect sense, Zaryaframe has enough going for her that she doesn’t need to steal another frames gimmick.

I get that DE need to make exciting content to bring people in, but there are so many frames that have been left behind. Or worse, broken by weak reworks.

I hope Zephyr gets the changes she needs, because Zarya frame shouldn’t be making flappy frame obsolete.

It happens. Comes with the territory of throwing an idea into the wild and seeing how its taken in.

As mentioned before, I've no issue with Hyldrin flying. I do however have an issue with Hyldrin getting controlled flight, Titania having controlled flight, but Zephyr has....tailwind =/

This thread is just an effort to fix this.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

I don't think it would be fair to say that Hildryn is stealing anyone's gimmick, rather just applying a different variant of it to herself. Plus the two frames by themselves clearly do different things so trying to say one is replacing the other is a bit of a stretch. It's somewhat how Frames like Rhino and Nezha or Trinity and Harrow can co-exist despite having similar roles due to how they are performing their tasks differently.

1 minute ago, WindigoTG said:

The game exist now because of this guy.

He proooooooobably deserves his right for a feedback.

Although I appreciate the notion,I'm not arrogant enough to believe for a second that I'm personally responsible. It was founders, and non-founders together putting money forth for a product we all took immense interest. This game is still here because of everyone, free player to founder.

2 minutes ago, Ascarith said:

You bamboozled me a bit with the Titania/Archwing comparison, but I got it now (I think). It does strike me as something of a "aim glide plus (prime maybe?)." 

My big problem with that implementation is that it's still difficult to navigate regular tiles with Tailwind efficiently. You'd have to charge up the flight mode if you want to not "rocket" into walls. If you want a quick dash, you're still stuck with "rocket" mode. Unsure if aim-to-hover stops "rocket" Tailwind, but I think that would still be a little clunky because of how ridiculously fast "rocket" mode is. 

My small problem is you can't move while you're charging the hover. At least if I'm remembering correctly. I never use hover in combat so entirely possible I'm off my rocker.

Can't speak to the Target Fixation because I have no experience with it (my face can only take so much punishment).

you raise a valid point. So then, what would you suggest changing the stat for fli.....wait a second. What about basing movement speed on, and I know this may sound crazy but bear with me on this.....utility mods? I'm brainstorming but it's just an idea, toss it around you're collective melons and lemme know whatcha think?

4 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

I somewhat see you are coming from, "Why doesn't a bird frame fly when this non flying-themed frame can?". Now if this was just the discussion then I would be fine with that.

Personally, I just see it as two different ways of flying. Zephyr flies extremely fast in a single direction with her 1st ability (I understand it's not the best but I am not really arguing around proficiency around a move nor how it's done, just whether or not it's considered flying) and Hildryn can technically fly with her 4th ability and it's a pretty slow hover with a jetpack-like mechanic. I can see that you do not see Zephyr's 'flying' as proper flying or what you determine as it, but I feel like it's just a general preference issue. While you may not see it as flying, someone else might instead.

But you somewhat go on about how DE doesn't like Zephyr anymore because of how they are catering to this new and shiny *Hildryn*. It feels like an over-exaggeration on something that is not really confirmed at all. Again, I feel like you are seeing this from a personal perspective, and while I am trying to respect your view, I can't really agree nor really understand it. You could point to a Warframe like Vauban or Ember as being examples of DE abandoning a Frame, but it's probably not in hatred nor angst towards it. It's probably just neglect, which honestly considering DE's record, is not that far off from being the answer. There are probably tens to hundreds of claims or statements made by DE that were never followed up on, even if they 'technically' did with negative community reception (like for example, Vauban's "rework").

I can see how you bothered by how it seems like DE is clearly giving up on a Warframe and pushing it aside because a new one's coming, but honestly there is probably zero concrete evidence of that. I am not disagreeing on the fact that Zephyr could use an eventual rework and maybe some way to fit in the flying mechanic to her, but coming to the conclusion that this Warframe is being spat on by the developers is going a bit too far. Their priorities are probably just set onto different paths right now, as per usual.

As mentioned in my op, this is merely my perception of the situation as a whole.

This is what it feels like. I cannot declare it to be without actual proof. So that's why I refer to it as a feeling. This Is what I think they look at the situation as, due to years of similar rework requests "seemingly" going on ignored until judgement day: prime access. Thing is, they did take a couple suggestions from veteran zephyr users, like Air burst was conjured into existence by a Zephyr player with borderline unprecedented xp. Cannot for the life of me remember the name other than it was feminine and the player had around 400m affinity on her. Tornado damage mechanics were of my own suggestion as well(and were plastered onto hydroid before hand with slightly altered values.

The issue though, is the overwhelming majority wanted some form of flight that was sustained and what we got was what I refer to as "turkey mode". It just feels like when a singular exceptionally unpopular warframe is about to undergo the knife it'd behoove the surgeons to fix all the issues, not fix a good chunk of em and "botch" the last leg of the job.

10 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

Although I appreciate the notion,I'm not arrogant enough to believe for a second that I'm personally responsible. It was founders, and non-founders together putting money forth for a product we all took immense interest. This game is still here because of everyone, free player to founder.

It's just me being overly dramatic :-)

I myself may very well have put more money into the game over the years than some of the founders have, so I do very well undertand that we all lift together. And I am not saying that anyone's opinion is more or less valuable then the other's.

What I don't understand is people with rethoric of the game being free making it automatically ineligible for critique.

Edited by WindigoTG

What if we sort of combine some ideas:

6 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

you raise a valid point. So then, what would you suggest changing the stat for fli.....wait a second. What about basing movement speed on, and I know this may sound crazy but bear with me on this.....utility mods? I'm brainstorming but it's just an idea, toss it around you're collective melons and lemme know whatcha think?

4 hours ago, InDueTime-EN- said:

An alternative suggestion would be for her passive to make her hover on aim rather than aim glide and just remove the secondary function of tailwind. This would make it easier to use and it would benefit from parkour mods. 

Could potentially trigger "flight mode" by aim gliding and holding 1 (such complicated :S). If you just aim glide and don't hold 1, it works as normal aim gliding. If you just aim glide and tap 1, you Tailwind ("rocket") as normal. In other words, no bamboozling non-Zephyr player with weird default aim glide changes. If you hit 1 (hold) while aim-gliding, you're now in "flight mode." Letting go of 1 kills all your momentum and lets you hover. Holding 1 again lets you resume flight. Aim Glide affects the duration you can be in "flight mode" (including hover time) and maybe parkour mods affect your speed. 

The awkwardness will be if you trigger "flight mode" and want to stop being zoomed (because aim glide) or get out of "flight mode." Preferably I'd like to not be stuck in aim-glide-zoom, so if we can unzoom then we need exit options for "flight mode." I guess you could roll out, Dive Bomb or ground slam out like you can currently? Still seems pretty clunky that way though. Maybe have it end if you touch the ground? All of them? 😕

Just now, Ascarith said:

What if we sort of combine some ideas:

Could potentially trigger "flight mode" by aim gliding and holding 1 (such complicated :S). If you just aim glide and don't hold 1, it works as normal aim gliding. If you just aim glide and tap 1, you Tailwind ("rocket") as normal. In other words, no bamboozling non-Zephyr player with weird default aim glide changes. If you hit 1 (hold) while aim-gliding, you're now in "flight mode." Letting go of 1 kills all your momentum and lets you hover. Holding 1 again lets you resume flight. Aim Glide affects the duration you can be in "flight mode" (including hover time) and maybe parkour mods affect your speed. 

The awkwardness will be if you trigger "flight mode" and want to stop being zoomed (because aim glide) or get out of "flight mode." Preferably I'd like to not be stuck in aim-glide-zoom, so if we can unzoom then we need exit options for "flight mode." I guess you could roll out, Dive Bomb or ground slam out like you can currently? Still seems pretty clunky that way though. Maybe have it end if you touch the ground? All of them? 😕

See one thing I see as a potential issue is the "hold 1 to fly" as the positioning is rather awkward on keyboards especially if you're banking via a or d so to that end that's why I feel using charge up to engage the flight mode would work best. i'm trying to stick to "minimal input maximum output" as a methodology here and adding an extra keybind to make it happen just makes it need more to do the dew so to speak.

but if parkour mods were to effect the maximum flight speed instead of power strength or duration, then that would at least give a reason for obscure mods to have a purpose.

so how about we redress it like this: charging up tailwind engages hover and any directional inputs after the hover has been engaged allows for travel in the desired direction, and a boost multiplier being added for sprint?

One of my earliest incarnations for flight mod had something akin to a gearbox that would have you engage the flight mode for a slow to start forward momentum and holding sprint+w or s would accelerate/decelerate you accordingly.